Author Topic: [GB] SA Geoma | MOQ Reached + GB Extension  (Read 9206 times)

Offline olihaimar

[GB] SA Geoma | MOQ Reached + GB Extension
« on: Thu, 18 November 2021, 05:26:13 »

SA GEOMA | UPDATE ON GB EXTENSION + FULFILLED MOQ

Firstly, thanks for your support with SA Geoma. We've been able to meet MOQ with 7/8 kits (🪦 rip Light Mods) with our vendor's assistance.
We'll be able to create all the molds we were originally planning to, with the exception of the custom alpha keys.

What does this mean?
- SA Geoma's first GB phase will NOT be cancelled.
- Light Mods WILL be cancelled. If you purchased this kit, you will receieve communication from your vendor on your options for refunds or order changes.
- SA Geoma will NOT have custom alphas like originally planned for price reduction. Renders are being re-done with the SA font. (the biggest differences are on "Q" and "M")

We understand many of your were expecting cancellation or GB extension, so we'll be re-opening the GB period from 13th Dec 2021 to 20th Dec 2021 so that you may put in your order!

Once again, thank you so much to those of you supporting Geoma, my wonderfully patient and flexible vendors, the assistance of all my friends to make this happen!

Kitting

Deskmats

HIBI x SA Geoma

Renders

Evolv 75% by NathanAlphaMan

Klippe S by Mekanisk

U80-A by RAMA WORKS®

Charlotte by KraizesGB

Delta by Quadrum

Vendors

NA       Vala Supply
CA       Deskhero
EU       MyKeyboard EU
UK       Prototypist
OCE       Daily Clack
SEA       iLumKB
AS       zFrontier
IN       StacksKB

Want to support the set?
Add this signature to your profile:

Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=115346.0][img]https://olivermartin.com.au/geoma_gh_banner/[/img][/url]
EDIT YOUR SIGNATURE

My unending gratitude to those who
supported SA Geoma, and helped me
make SA Geoma a reality.

BobaSweatandTears
Dazon
General Consultation
A huge help with educating
me about keycaps.
Instagram
Deskmat Design
Instagram

And of course our amazing vendors for their assistance.

DISCORD
« Last Edit: Sun, 12 December 2021, 23:04:09 by olihaimar »

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
Re: [GB] SA Geoma
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 18 November 2021, 05:44:15 »
Approved
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 24 November 2021, 18:27:36 »

Offline olihaimar

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 01 December 2021, 00:01:11 »
Just an update: I made a mistake with the Novelty kit, the Valknut has been removed, however remains in the renders. Rest assured the symbol has been swapped with that depicting Borromean rings.

Offline estux

Re: [GB] SA GEOMA | NEW OPEN SOURCE SA MOLDS & ICONS
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 02 December 2021, 05:44:15 »
How are the orders numbers looking?
« Last Edit: Thu, 02 December 2021, 05:46:23 by estux »

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
Re: [GB] SA GEOMA | NEW OPEN SOURCE SA MOLDS & ICONS
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 06 December 2021, 00:42:04 »

Offline olihaimar

Re: [GB] SA Geoma | GB Extension, New Direction & Open-source Legends
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 09 December 2021, 05:51:50 »
With SA Geoma's primary objective to get a new open-source set of molds made for SA R3, we've decided to rework the kitting to be less segmented and have extended the GB December to January, with exact dates to be released upon vendor pricing confirmation.
In order to concentrate our sales for molding, we've decided set the colorway to our original selection and have also trimmed the kitting.

Yes, these molds will be open-source. If you are a keycap designer, these new modifier icon molds will be available for you to use on your Signature Plastics SA R3 colourways for free. If you like cheaper keycap sets, this is a great way to support future sets with bespoke icons.

We've had a slow start to our GB, but we're keen to bring things back and get this awesome set in your hands.

So, what are the changes?
- Light Alphas and Dark Modifiers have been merged into the Base Kit
- Dark Alphas and Light Modifiers have been removed
- Numpad, NorDeUK and Spacebar kits have been trimmed to match the Base Kit
- Ortho40s have been removed (extra moulds and high MOQs inflate the price of the entire set)

For those of you that had previously purchased any of the kits that have been modified or removed, you should receive an email from your vendor shortly with your options for refund or modifying your order.

Thank you so much to those of you supporting Geoma, my wonderfully patient and flexible vendors, the assistance of all my friends to make this happen!

Offline piercejenkins

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 09 December 2021, 06:39:41 »
The only reason I joined this group buy was to get the dark alphas with dark mods to go with my mint board!! Is there no way you can bring back the dark alphas? Please bring them back at least as a kit. PLEASE!!!! I need this set.

Offline YoungTerror

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 09 December 2021, 12:55:47 »
Sad to see the reverse colorways excluded as I bought into them, hopefully this set goes thru as is.

Offline ylothar

• Yo Ho Ho!
    • KEEB.it
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 09 December 2021, 15:57:59 »
I am very happy that the mods molds will be made available as open source, great!

Sadly, this is the only positive note of what is happening and sincerely fails to fill the gap that has left a series of choices in my opinion wrong, not least that of completely overturning the table the day before the declared end of the GB.

I honestly don't understand the choices that have been made.
It is even less clear to me how it is possible that by revisiting the basic kit the light ENTER key is only available in the NorDeUK kit.

I was very interested in this set, especially for the dark ones, and it's hard to get over it: but I hope that at this point you can think better about the next choices to avoid much worse damage.

Damn, I am very sad :'(
«How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?»

Offline olihaimar

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 09 December 2021, 19:53:22 »
Sad to see the reverse colorways excluded as I bought into them, hopefully this set goes thru as is.

We're hoping to run them in the future :)

The only reason I joined this group buy was to get the dark alphas with dark mods to go with my mint board!! Is there no way you can bring back the dark alphas? Please bring them back at least as a kit. PLEASE!!!! I need this set.

There might be an opportunity to have dark alphas as an extension kit, however our focus is towards executing the GB and getting molds made so that future sets can be run at better scale without the overhead of new molds.

I am very happy that the mods molds will be made available as open source, great!

Sadly, this is the only positive note of what is happening and sincerely fails to fill the gap that has left a series of choices in my opinion wrong, not least that of completely overturning the table the day before the declared end of the GB.

I honestly don't understand the choices that have been made.
It is even less clear to me how it is possible that by revisiting the basic kit the light ENTER key is only available in the NorDeUK kit.

I was very interested in this set, especially for the dark ones, and it's hard to get over it: but I hope that at this point you can think better about the next choices to avoid much worse damage.

Damn, I am very sad :'(

I'm sorry to hear this is how you feel about the decisions that have been made. Feel free to message on my discord to get clarification regarding these decisions.
The Accent ISO Enter is available in the NorDeUK kit to bring the price of the Base Kit down whilst also providing options to those who want to use ISO without purchasing an international kit.

« Reply #11 on: Fri, 10 December 2021, 04:16:22 »
Well this sucks. I was hoping this set would finally give me a simple and clean BoW SA R3 set.

Offline rowie

« Reply #12 on: Sun, 12 December 2021, 09:32:26 »
Edit: wish the dark alphas was available. Now this set looks like another white black and accent setup like Olivia but with teal accents instead. So common to see this setup these days. :(
« Last Edit: Sun, 12 December 2021, 10:35:53 by rowie »

Offline piercejenkins

« Reply #13 on: Sun, 12 December 2021, 09:47:37 »
Please at least leave dark alphas as an option. I think there was enough interest to do so.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #14 on: Sun, 12 December 2021, 10:43:34 »
« Last Edit: Sun, 12 December 2021, 10:47:25 by dvorcol »

Offline ylothar

• Yo Ho Ho!
    • KEEB.it
« Reply #15 on: Sun, 12 December 2021, 12:23:48 »
I'm sorry to hear this is how you feel about the decisions that have been made. Feel free to message on my discord to get clarification regarding these decisions.
The Accent ISO Enter is available in the NorDeUK kit to bring the price of the Base Kit down whilst also providing options to those who want to use ISO without purchasing an international kit.

And I'm sorry to see that a lack of clarity persists in the news that is (not) given.
I quote what you yourself said on the Discord server, as it is not reported here:

As mentioned, I'll talk to our vendors about extending. The reason why the extension didn't immediately take place is because of the (now cancelled) plans to relaunch in Jan. This was cancelled because our vendors felt the quantity of orders were sufficient enough to buy extras to fulfill all MOQs comfortably (save for Light Mods).

I can therefore only reiterate what I have already said: "I hope that at this point you can think better about the next choices to avoid much worse damage".

About ISO Enter: I would like to understand for what reason it is legitimate to offer the two Enter ANSI but only one ISO.
I'm probably wrong, but I don't think an extra key can radically change the cost of the base kit - especially after the complete twist you've done.
«How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?»

Offline olihaimar

Re: [GB] SA Geoma | MOQ Reached + GB Extension
« Reply #16 on: Sun, 12 December 2021, 23:04:18 »
SA GEOMA | UPDATE ON GB EXTENSION + FULFILLED MOQ

Firstly, thanks for your support with SA Geoma. We've been able to meet MOQ with 7/8 kits (🪦 rip Light Mods) with our vendor's assistance.
We'll be able to create all the molds we were originally planning to, with the exception of the custom alpha keys.

What does this mean?
- SA Geoma's first GB phase will NOT be cancelled.
- Light Mods WILL be cancelled. If you purchased this kit, you will receieve communication from your vendor on your options for refunds or order changes.
- SA Geoma will NOT have custom alphas like originally planned for price reduction. Renders are being re-done with the SA font. (the biggest differences are on "Q" and "M")

We understand many of your were expecting cancellation or GB extension, so we'll be re-opening the GB period from 13th Dec 2021 to 20th Dec 2021 so that you may put in your order!

Once again, thank you so much to those of you supporting Geoma, my wonderfully patient and flexible vendors, the assistance of all my friends to make this happen!

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 24 January 2022, 20:25:22 »

Offline Ranker2

« Reply #18 on: Thu, 22 September 2022, 03:47:45 »
When will this set likely be fulfilled? Can we get an update?