Author Topic: Ribbit.....ribbit.....  (Read 90575 times)

Offline Cocopah

• Lurker Extraordinaire
Re: Ribbit.....ribbit.....
« Reply #250 on: Sat, 24 December 2016, 15:05:59 »
I don't wan't to rag on the guy. Everyone wishes these caps were readily available, but the fact they aren't is what makes them special. They are art work, you cant just go buy a Picasso when ever you want. Some people still don't have bro caps, even though they have entered many raffles. I personally have always just missed the sales. I've been here for almost 3 years and finally just won my first Bro cap last night. I have always resorted to buying after the fact for a premium.

Offline sHOTTA

• <3
« Reply #251 on: Sat, 24 December 2016, 15:12:03 »
So you don't want to be part of the community? At one point you couldn't even purchase bro caps unless you were involved in the community.
I am probably already on a thin rope here by misusing this thread, so this will be the only personal question I will answer.
Earlier in life before my two jobs, my baby cat, gaming life, a wife and tons of yard work it would be practical to become a valuable member of this community. I have many ideas for custom keycaps and suggestions about designs of plating etc to name just a couple.
 Posts doesn't count in the new user forums - I excel at helping new users in the past -this means I will have to contribute in other areas which requires time. There is also forum politics, as you can see the outcome from my very simple rant.

Once the two months have past, perhaps my post count would meet the standard for trading here - there is also the trading reputation to build - this is also time consuming via doing research on sellers and buyers not to mention lookups on goods to identify the authenticity etc. It may already be to late for me as I cannot stop looking at these boards and in particular the classified one. All I wanted was a set of brocaps and get out without anyone noticing but it may be to late. To answer your question in short yes I want to be a member here but don't have the time to contribute as much as I would love too. Hope this answer your question, feel free to send me a pm in the future if you have any more.
Looking for : Jelly Key USA Flag. Shoot me  PM<3

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #252 on: Sat, 24 December 2016, 15:31:49 »
So you don't want to be part of the community? At one point you couldn't even purchase bro caps unless you were involved in the community.
I am probably already on a thin rope here by misusing this thread, so this will be the only personal question I will answer.
Earlier in life before my two jobs, my baby cat, gaming life, a wife and tons of yard work it would be practical to become a valuable member of this community. I have many ideas for custom keycaps and suggestions about designs of plating etc to name just a couple.
 Posts doesn't count in the new user forums - I excel at helping new users in the past -this means I will have to contribute in other areas which requires time. There is also forum politics, as you can see the outcome from my very simple rant.

Once the two months have past, perhaps my post count would meet the standard for trading here - there is also the trading reputation to build - this is also time consuming via doing research on sellers and buyers not to mention lookups on goods to identify the authenticity etc. It may already be to late for me as I cannot stop looking at these boards and in particular the classified one. All I wanted was a set of brocaps and get out without anyone noticing but it may be to late. To answer your question in short yes I want to be a member here but don't have the time to contribute as much as I would love too. Hope this answer your question, feel free to send me a pm in the future if you have any more.
It's all good man. Nothing is lost. Most of us know exactly what it's like to be new and feeling down and most of us have been exactly where you are. I once had a similar rant in my early days about clacks. It was a little more reserved than yours but nevertheless it's just kind of normal to see. You don't have to spend all day on geekhack, but it's a nice way to kill some down time especially if you have the Tapatalk app on your phone. More sales will come and go and more new people will take on the spotlight for a day or two with their own rants. Just stick around, read some threads and chime in. You will reach that post requirement in no time and this whole thing will seem quite trivial. Cheers.
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline JackieOReally

« Reply #253 on: Sat, 24 December 2016, 18:09:43 »
Just want to confirm, best way to get some of these caps is to have a whinge?

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
« Reply #254 on: Sat, 24 December 2016, 18:11:55 »
Just make sure to blame the community and the creator and you're good.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #255 on: Sat, 24 December 2016, 18:13:04 »
Na, have too much money and blow it all 24/7 on mechmarket and classified.

Offline nsmechkb

« Reply #256 on: Sat, 24 December 2016, 18:29:22 »

It's all good man. Nothing is lost. Most of us know exactly what it's like to be new and feeling down and most of us have been exactly where you are. I once had a similar rant in my early days about clacks. It was a little more reserved than yours but nevertheless it's just kind of normal to see. You don't have to spend all day on geekhack, but it's a nice way to kill some down time especially if you have the Tapatalk app on your phone. More sales will come and go and more new people will take on the spotlight for a day or two with their own rants. Just stick around, read some threads and chime in. You will reach that post requirement in no time and this whole thing will seem quite trivial. Cheers.

This is such a nice post. Woo! Community!

Offline lovechan

• one for all,all for one,I'm lovechan,doing better.
    • HLZZ Keycaps
« Reply #257 on: Sat, 24 December 2016, 20:43:06 »
there's a Well-known saying in China from Fan Zhongyan (a well known writer in the Northern Song Dynasty): 

Not pleased by external gains, not saddened by personal losses.

Offline quanghuy1200

« Reply #258 on: Mon, 26 December 2016, 23:19:54 »
Dear Brocaps. I am a new keycap enthusiast - For the last month of so I've been trying to purchase a gamers set
(redic red or cool blue)- I've tried reddit, geekhack.org classified, ebay and random sellers on other sites to no avail. With all of this said I have completely given up on my dream to own a set of your keycaps as this experience have suck the life out of me - I have offered in excess of 4 times what users paid for these keycaps and as much as they are beautiful, elegant and highly sorted after - I have given up all hope to acquire a set. Thank you for ruining my christmas holidays indirectly for your lack of availability in the product line for new customers like me - but I know you don't need me or anyone else -nor do you care, thus making this a rant. Thank you for empowering the gnomes and hoarders that have nothing better to do than to post up the keycaps in bags showing they are not using them but just there to taunt people who would otherwise be using them with care and love.

I general find some artisan for about 2-3 months and still not find it.If u can't find it in 1 months, pls try to hunt it in a lot of time.Not by saying this to the maker bro

Offline Minnie2

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #259 on: Tue, 27 December 2016, 08:16:08 »
Dear Brocaps. I am a new keycap enthusiast - For the last month of so I've been trying to purchase a gamers set
(redic red or cool blue)- I've tried reddit, geekhack.org classified, ebay and random sellers on other sites to no avail. With all of this said I have completely given up on my dream to own a set of your keycaps as this experience have suck the life out of me - I have offered in excess of 4 times what users paid for these keycaps and as much as they are beautiful, elegant and highly sorted after - I have given up all hope to acquire a set. Thank you for ruining my christmas holidays indirectly for your lack of availability in the product line for new customers like me - but I know you don't need me or anyone else -nor do you care, thus making this a rant. Thank you for empowering the gnomes and hoarders that have nothing better to do than to post up the keycaps in bags showing they are not using them but just there to taunt people who would otherwise be using them with care and love.

I general find some artisan for about 2-3 months and still not find it.If u can't find it in 1 months, pls try to hunt it in a lot of time.Not by saying this to the maker bro
I think so. ^-^
    A Bro Caps Fan

Just wanted to make sure everyone sees that information. A lot of people missed it ;)

Offline xZ3ROx

« Reply #260 on: Tue, 27 December 2016, 17:19:04 »
You don't complain until things go your way because someone's the better man, you work hard for what you want until you achieve it. People look to achieve things their whole life, you set onward to buy a gamer set for a month and you expect results to the point where you feel desperate enough to come and personally attack not only the designer/producer but many of his customers on an online discussion board even though you knew you'd get **** on by others. You then get a response from Bro, who is seemingly far more amicable than I would be in his position, and get the attention you wanted to get when you made your rant. How do you think everyone else who silently weeps when they don't get an invoice for x or y or z cap they want feels now? If Bro hadn't replied he'd still be a bad guy in your eyes, now that he has and may even potentially hook you up with some goodies how do you think that affects everyone else? What was he supposed to do, I'm personally not resentful as this is all for fun for me but I can see that potentially (and warranted) being the case for others; maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I'm not.

You can't take **** for granted, you're not going to have what you want when you want it, not in this hobby and not in many others, not in general - if you want 1 month of "hard work" to result in something "magical" and a "true miracle" then you've clearly never been through much hardship and I pray you never do. No miracles to be had, lest here.
Yes I was childish and showed my frustration, all hope was lost - there was nothing to lose at this point. My intentions were never to attack the designer but make him aware that his work is appreciated, well sorted after and beautiful.  My rant was never about gaining unfair access to exclusive items and yes people like me I know how you feel - unlucky to not be involved at an earlier time to purchase them directly. It was my searching for brocaps that lead me to these boards - I knew these keycaps are exclusive and worth waiting any amount of time for. To those who silently weep at nights - make your voices heard, express yourself even if you get ridiculed, even if people tell you that you are not significant, fancy or been here long enough - without this no one will ever listen or know how you feel or find a way to help you.

I apologize sincerely for my post if it was offensive, demanding or anyway negative.
With all due respect, you're very new here. It's pretty commonplace to be butthurt about not getting into an artisan sale, or not being able to find that one thing you really want. You just can't let your jimmies get rustled. I suggest the opposite of what you are suggesting. Don't make it a point to have your voices heard in a long winded rant for every single displeasure you encounter here when things don't go your way. It's unbecoming and quite frankly, if everyone did it this place would become one gigantic pity party. Remain humble, socialize and network with people. Establish some kind of rapport within the community and try not to let your emotions get in the way. Don't attempt to take shortcuts and expect to find yourself on some kind of express-lane. Have you ever tried to run up a set of stairs a little too quickly only to stumble and bash your knee in the process? It sucks, but right now you are experiencing it first hand and nursing your own metaphorical knee injury.

I agree with everything that was said. I joined the game too late and missed out on many keysets. I didn't even know about raffles until digged through Reddit/gh and I still don't have a BroCap. It sucks that you didn't get an invoice and neither did I. All you could have said is "congrats " to the people that did and just hope that you do on the next one. Bro replying to your complaining and how he is gonna hook you up makes me cringe and get pissed but I'm sure that when I get an invoice for a cap I am drooling for depending on how long I try; I will orgasm...or maybe not but still. Here's to Bro for being awesome!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #261 on: Tue, 27 December 2016, 17:37:08 »
I thought this thread was about ribbits

Offline polentA

• Formerly withoutrulers
  • GMK plz
« Reply #262 on: Tue, 27 December 2016, 17:39:53 »
I'm gonna get one of these red butts one day!

Offline Jpecina

« Reply #263 on: Tue, 27 December 2016, 17:42:25 »

Show Image

Finally. Nice ribbit ken, but I wanna see some head and less ribbit ass

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #264 on: Tue, 27 December 2016, 17:45:11 »

Show Image

But the booty is the best part!

..Alright alright.

Offline Jpecina

« Reply #265 on: Tue, 27 December 2016, 18:11:11 »

Show Image

..Alright alright.

Show Image

That's more like it. Is this a prototype or final v2?

Offline lovechan

• HLZZ Keycaps
« Reply #266 on: Tue, 27 December 2016, 18:26:12 »

Show Image

that's right! nice colour but I haven't anyone yet,hoping to get a ribbit2 next time. lol.

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #267 on: Tue, 27 December 2016, 18:30:48 »

Show Image

..Alright alright.

Show Image

I'm not too sure to be honest. The ID card says Ribbit 2, though!

Offline Jpecina

« Reply #268 on: Tue, 27 December 2016, 18:39:31 »

Show Image

..Alright alright.

Show Image

Hmmmm. Must've been a sale I missed. I thought that the Frost bitten sale ribbits would be the first. So jealous

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #269 on: Tue, 27 December 2016, 18:51:45 »

Show Image

Yeah, but hardly any of us were cool enough to get one :(

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #270 on: Tue, 27 December 2016, 18:52:37 »
Quote from: kenmai9
link=topic=83993.msg2328438#msg2328438 date=1482885048

Show Image

..Alright alright.

Show Image

Hmmmm. Must've been a sale I missed. I thought that the Frost bitten sale ribbits would be the first. So jealous

They're from the Invasion sale. Some people are getting them as freebies from the second wave of shipments.

Offline Jpecina

« Reply #271 on: Tue, 27 December 2016, 18:57:30 »

Show Image

..Alright alright.

Show Image

They're from the Invasion sale. Some people are getting them as freebies from the second wave of shipments.
:feelsbadman: first the reapers now ribbits. I regret getting my package on week 2:(

Offline 180159

• Just a guy who likes collecting artisan keycaps
« Reply #272 on: Tue, 27 December 2016, 19:15:19 »
I ****ing love ribbits gimme

Offline ShardZer0

« Reply #273 on: Tue, 27 December 2016, 21:57:17 »
Not gonna lie, I really hope my ATT is a ribbit.

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #274 on: Tue, 27 December 2016, 22:17:38 »

Show Image

..Alright alright.

Show Image

:feelsbadman: first the reapers now ribbits. I regret getting my package on week 2:(

I got mine 2 days ago, and it was just the regular order.

Theyre really rare, dont fret man :(

Offline MandrewDavis

• Chasin' That Neon Rainbow
« Reply #275 on: Tue, 27 December 2016, 23:09:15 »

Show Image

..Alright alright.

Show Image

I got mine 2 days ago, and it was just the regular order.

Theyre really rare, dont fret man :(
Same, except my order arrived last week.
I've come to view humanity as predominantly monkey business.

My Classifieds Thread

Offline ygor

• eat a butt, monkey lord
« Reply #276 on: Tue, 27 December 2016, 23:24:14 »
I wonder when lil' Toadster will hop into a sale.
I generally hate all keycaps. Keycaps are for poofs. Real men touchtype on stems. Non-functional artisans are awesome, I use them for the ESC key ... escape is for cowards anyways, real men go frontal assault.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #277 on: Tue, 27 December 2016, 23:39:22 »

You're still waiting on your AtT?

Offline swangful

« Reply #278 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 01:24:53 »
Will these have their own sale eventually?  ;D

Offline ShardZer0

« Reply #279 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 02:28:49 »

Yep.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #280 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 08:21:09 »

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #281 on: Fri, 30 December 2016, 23:45:12 »
I would rather take my chances with RNG than email..

Offline jjnist

« Reply #282 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 21:57:48 »

What is AtT?

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #283 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 22:00:08 »

What is AtT?

All The Things. It was a sale Bro ran

Offline Angeldedespair

« Reply #284 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 22:13:54 »
I had no luck either despite timing my email send button down to the second. Very sad as a frosty blue froggie (ribbet2) was my xmas dream! Im hoping maybe one day i'll find someone willing to trade one :(

Offline Overchecken8

« Reply #285 on: Wed, 04 January 2017, 10:30:10 »
I had no luck either despite timing my email send button down to the second. Very sad as a frosty blue froggie (ribbet2) was my xmas dream! Im hoping maybe one day i'll find someone willing to trade one :(
Yeah I think a lot of people timed it down to the second (including myself). Oh well..

Offline breusch91

• * Maker
« Reply #286 on: Wed, 04 January 2017, 11:03:17 »
Yeah I think a lot of people timed it down to the second (including myself). Oh well..

Kind of wish I knew about this sale and that there were more like it. I used to play a lot of tribalwars and have macros set up to immediately send something within .100ms in order to snap attacks. This wouldve went well for me

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #287 on: Wed, 04 January 2017, 11:11:23 »

Sent mine in 2 seconds early to account for EU - US lag, still didn't get in. All down to luck I suppose, it's basically an RNG drawing sale all the same.

Offline lovechan

• HLZZ Keycaps
« Reply #288 on: Wed, 04 January 2017, 19:03:04 »

Sent mine in 2 seconds early to account for EU - US lag, still didn't get in. All down to luck I suppose, it's basically an RNG drawing sale all the same.

you're wise, I sent mine down to zero, unwise. reaper&ribbit2 were my christmas wish, unlucky I didn't get any Christmas gift that day. :'(

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #289 on: Thu, 05 January 2017, 11:16:01 »

you're wise, I sent mine down to zero, unwise. reaper&ribbit2 were my christmas wish, unlucky I didn't get any Christmas gift that day. :'(

I was on my phone. I had two tabs open: one for the countdown, the other for the email. About a minute before I made sure the email was correct and ready to send. Switched to the countdown tab. When the timer was exactly two seconds before, I swiped to the second tab and hit Send promptly. Not sure what place in line that put me, but I was able to secure a spot in the sale. You have to accommodate for a slight lag in reaching Bro's inbox, so that's why I didn't want to send it right when the countdown hit 0.

Offline yinzer

• I'm new around here ... please don't notice.
« Reply #290 on: Thu, 05 January 2017, 12:12:01 »

I was on my phone. I had two tabs open: one for the countdown, the other for the email. About a minute before I made sure the email was correct and ready to send. Switched to the countdown tab. When the timer was exactly two seconds before, I swiped to the second tab and hit Send promptly. Not sure what place in line that put me, but I was able to secure a spot in the sale. You have to accommodate for a slight lag in reaching Bro's inbox, so that's why I didn't want to send it right when the countdown hit 0.

You timed well for your circumstances. I was on a laptop, sent right at 6:00:00 and GMail says it was received after 0 seconds. No dice. I'm sure there were a lot of people right on time and Bro said it was a small sale. Also have to factor in that certain that lists with the more-popular choices could have let some early enters get passed up.

Edit: fixed a broken sentence
« Last Edit: Thu, 05 January 2017, 12:17:01 by yinzer »

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #291 on: Thu, 05 January 2017, 12:32:53 »

You timed well for your circumstances. I was on a laptop, sent right at 6:00:00 and GMail says it was received after 0 seconds. No dice. I'm sure there were a lot of people right on time and Bro said it was a small sale. Also have to factor in that certain that lists with the more-popular choices could have let some early enters get passed up.

Yeah, true. I had Ribbits as my first few choices, and that's what I won. I'm sure everyone else and their mama put Jack Frost Reaper and the Bots as their first choices (I had them lower in the list), and maybe put a small amount of max caps to be won. Maybe; maybe not.

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #292 on: Thu, 05 January 2017, 12:35:36 »
59.5 is the key

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #293 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 02:19:15 »

Yeah, true. I had Ribbits as my first few choices, and that's what I won. I'm sure everyone else and their mama put Jack Frost Reaper and the Bots as their first choices (I had them lower in the list), and maybe put a small amount of max caps to be won. Maybe; maybe not.

same, had the ribbits in first place, then the reapers, then the bros... 3max caps... sent mail at 5seconds past... got an OG Ribbit ;)

Offline xZ3ROx

« Reply #294 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 10:20:49 »

same, had the ribbits in first place, then the reapers, then the bros... 3max caps... sent mail at 5seconds past... got an OG Ribbit ;)

5 seconds past!!!! I'm super salty now. I sent it right at the 00 and got nuchiing!!!

Offline Minnie2

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #295 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 10:46:23 »

5 seconds past!!!! I'm super salty now. I sent it right at the 00 and got nuchiing!!!

There must be a delay between you sending an Email and the other side receiving an Email.
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 January 2017, 10:47:58 by Minnie2 »
    A Bro Caps Fan

Just wanted to make sure everyone sees that information. A lot of people missed it ;)

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #296 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 11:09:58 »
Bloodpool

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #297 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 11:49:18 »
Bloodpool

Show Image

my fave ribbit! so good

Offline Jpecina

« Reply #298 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 12:25:17 »
Bloodpool

Show Image

Dam that's the best I've seen so far! That's what I pictured flame sprite ribbit to look.

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #299 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 13:10:32 »