Author Topic: [LaserCTRL] - Laser Cut Keycaps - In Hibernation  (Read 44583 times)

Offline BSmith333

Re: [LaserCTRL] - Laser Cut Keycaps - SuperCTRLr - Round 2 Almost Gone!
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 11 June 2017, 21:04:23 »
Anyone elses super control leans to the right really bad?

Offline OneNightFriend

« Reply #51 on: Sun, 11 June 2017, 21:13:14 »
Mine does have a bit of the lean too. Looking at the stem it seems like it itself was a little tilted. I'm not sure if that was because of heat during transit or what.

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #52 on: Mon, 12 June 2017, 00:37:05 »
Finally got mine in. I love the cap in general. its just the height profile.

would it be possible to keep the single layer with all the inserts?

Offline vim_commando

• LaserCTRL
Re: [LaserCTRL] - Laser Cut Keycaps - SuperCTRLr - Round 2 Shipped
« Reply #53 on: Mon, 12 June 2017, 12:53:20 »

Does it have the same amount of lean in the Left Shift position as it does on Enter? While putting this together I only had a few boards to test the fit on, I'm not entirely sure how different stabilizer configurations effect it.

Mine does have a bit of the lean too. Looking at the stem it seems like it itself was a little tilted. I'm not sure if that was because of heat during transit or what.
Show Image
Show Image

The stem bending is definitely not heat during travel, but heat when laser cutting thick acrylic into such a small piece; unfortunately the stems can skew a little when cooling. I try to compensate for this during test fit and assembly--but it looks like I'm still human after all.  :-[

The short answer is no. Flush-gluing a stem to the back of a single layer causes even more issues with tilting and consistency than we're already seeing above, not to mentioned the stem would be significantly weaker with a risk of popping the top off when using a key puller if it is a tight fit.

Lessons learned from rounds 1 & 2

• 1u keys are easier to create than wide keys
  • I should've been more clear about the approximate height of the current key design (roughly R1 like the rest)
  • There was definitely some expectation of an R3/R4 height despite being a non-standard key
  • I still need some work on keeping the stems straight

Exchanges

Anyone unhappy with the way their key fits is welcome to return it for a replacement. Exactly when to make the exchange depends if you want to wait for the revised version or not.

Next Revision

I've got a other work to focus on this plate this week, but I will definitely keep updates coming as I work on the improvements. I'm pretty sure I can drop the height without loosing much strength/quality by using a thinner plate and making a minor assembly adjustment; this should drop 1-2mm off the overall height. I'll also be seeing if I can get a good fit for Novatouch sliders.

Thank you for your feedback!

Offline OneNightFriend

« Reply #54 on: Mon, 12 June 2017, 12:58:01 »

Does it have the same amount of lean in the Left Shift position as it does on Enter? While putting this together I only had a few boards to test the fit on, I'm not entirely sure how different stabilizer configurations effect it.

Show Image
Show Image

The stem bending is definitely not heat during travel, but heat when laser cutting thick acrylic into such a small piece; unfortunately the stems can skew a little when cooling. I try to compensate for this during test fit and assembly--but it looks like I'm still human after all.  :-[

The short answer is no. Flush-gluing a stem to the back of a single layer causes even more issues with tilting and consistency than we're already seeing above, not to mentioned the stem would be significantly weaker with a risk of popping the top off when using a key puller if it is a tight fit.

Lessons learned from rounds 1 & 2

• 1u keys are easier to create than wide keys
  • I should've been more clear about the approximate height of the current key design (roughly R1 like the rest)
  • There was definitely some expectation of an R3/R4 height despite being a non-standard key
  • I still need some work on keeping the stems straight

Exchanges

Anyone unhappy with the way their key fits is welcome to return it for a replacement. Exactly when to make the exchange depends if you want to wait for the revised version or not.

Next Revision

I've got a other work to focus on this plate this week, but I will definitely keep updates coming as I work on the improvements. I'm pretty sure I can drop the height without loosing much strength/quality by using a thinner plate and making a minor assembly adjustment; this should drop 1-2mm off the overall height. I'll also be seeing if I can get a good fit for Novatouch sliders.

Thank you for your feedback!
I'm not to worried about an exchange or anything. I will say that my center stem looks as if it were cut while the acrylic sheet wasn't level. Not sure if that's purely laser heat or not.

Im glad to invest in someone bringing something new to the market. The superstar is absolutely wonderful, I think in a few rounds of revisions the superctrl will be there too!

Offline TelFiRE

« Reply #55 on: Mon, 12 June 2017, 16:13:56 »
I am super happy with it, definitely won't be exchanging, but I will buy your next round :D
KBD75 GMK Terminal          XD84 DSA Black on GSF + Hana Matcha + Serum

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
« Reply #56 on: Mon, 12 June 2017, 17:11:20 »
Super happy with the news for a new revision! Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Offline ZA Design

« Reply #57 on: Mon, 19 June 2017, 20:35:13 »
Lasercut? Clever.

Offline ArtKey

• https://www.instagram.com/artkey.universe/
    • ArtKey - Your MechKey Companion
« Reply #58 on: Sat, 24 June 2017, 05:01:42 »
It looks pretty amazing. Nice job dude.

Offline monkeysontoast

• Editor, dork, human - powered by pizza & nostalgia
« Reply #59 on: Sat, 08 July 2017, 18:35:04 »
Bummer, had this topic on watch and notify, but missed the second round. Noooooooo.

Offline vim_commando

• LaserCTRL
« Reply #60 on: Sun, 09 July 2017, 09:40:52 »
Lasercut? Clever.

Thanks!

It looks pretty amazing. Nice job dude.

Thank you  :thumb:

Bummer, had this topic on watch and notify, but missed the second round. Noooooooo.

I will be doing a round 3. I'm out of town for a couple weeks, so I am aiming to be ready to ship by mid-August.

Offline tristinDLC

« Reply #61 on: Fri, 14 July 2017, 07:25:05 »

Same. I don't know how I missed it again! Now waiting for Rd3 like a hawk...

Offline limitz

• "the old gods stir and will not let me sleep..."
« Reply #62 on: Sat, 22 July 2017, 22:02:05 »

Love these controllers, really takes me back.

Can't wait for Round 3.
« Last Edit: Sun, 23 July 2017, 19:53:26 by limitz »
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #63 on: Sun, 23 July 2017, 09:35:38 »
damn, can't wait till the controller caps are back in stock... :)

Offline vim_commando

• LaserCTRL
« Reply #64 on: Sun, 23 July 2017, 19:12:22 »
Show Image

Love these controllers; really takes me back.

Can't wait for Round 3.

Looks good on your keyboard! How is it working for you as a backspace for you? I thought it rubbed against the + key on mine, so I never suggested using it there.

I am back from my business trip, so round three is officially in the works :)

Based on feedback I plan on running a few test improvements this week, so I can open orders the first part of August.

Offline rioc

« Reply #65 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 01:33:43 »
Show Image

Can't wait for Round 3.

Looks good on your keyboard! How is it working for you as a backspace for you? I thought it rubbed against the + key on mine, so I never suggested using it there.

Based on feedback I plan on running a few test improvements this week, so I can open orders the first part of August.

neat :)

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
« Reply #66 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 06:56:21 »
Show Image

Can't wait for Round 3.

I use mine on as a backspace key as well. For Cherry profile R4 its just the right height. Too tall for an enter key though. Would love to see more color iterations or even an NES controller if possible.174065-0

Offline vim_commando

• LaserCTRL
Re: [LaserCTRL] - Laser Cut Keycaps - SuperCTRLr - Round 3 Updates
« Reply #67 on: Wed, 26 July 2017, 20:19:47 »
TL;DR - I shaved 1mm off the total height of the SuperCTRLr, making it a much better fit for R3 OEM and Cherry profiles. I also changed the stem shapes, aiming for a more universal fit.

So I spent some time today tweaking the SuperCTRLr design. Overall I like the improvements, and hopefully it makes the keycap a better fit with wider compatibility.

The first order of business was to rework the stem shape:

174305-0

I made my original stem shape, the rectangle (left), as something that would "just fit" into a Cherry switch, and have plenty of strength and stability. Turns out it was a bit overkill.

As soon as I tried to make a keycap with stabilizers (the planet Saturn) I realized I needed a smaller stem; the clover (middle) was born. I can't just use circles, because I need some way to prevent unwanted rotation when hand assembling the stems and plates. Also there is a vertical and horizontal bar of the plus shape, one is 1.1mm the other is 1.3mm, so if you are off by 90 degrees, it causes problems.

SO today I made the lemon (right). Looking at several injection-molded keycaps, 'normal' stems seem to be between 5-6mm in diameter, with side walls that go all the way down to .5mm. I cannot go that thin when laser cutting without risking some serious warping and brittleness. This new shape still gives me more material than a stock stem (walls are about 1mm) with the vertical/horizontal cues easy to identify during assembly. This stem also performs both main and stabilizer duty.

174303-1

This lemon stem is cut at 6.7mm wide and 6.2mm tall. Because of the V-shaped grove the laser cuts while, my first key with new stem ends up being ~6.3mm x ~5.7mm at the base plate. This should put me into Novatouch territory (6.9mm circle). Since I don't have any on hand, I'll be asking a volunteer to test this out for me.  :thumb:

The next improvement I wanted to tackle was overall height. Most of my other keys were really designed for R1 use (Fn/Esc, numbers, etc.) with an acceptable fit on R4. My main reference boards have OEM keys most of the time (shameful, I know, but thats what happens when your daily typer is an Alps/DSA board.) so I thought the little extra height was ok. Turns out I was wrong.  :-[

174307-2

Here we have the old plate/stem assembly next to the revised plate/stem assembly. I was able to shave a little over 1mm off the total height, and have stem left over to shave for an even fit. This should also reduce the leaning issues a few people reported.

174309-3

While I've shaved off 1mm of total height, its actually down closer to ~1.5mm from the top of the stem. Some of the old stems left some gap after bottoming out against the top of the switch, this should no longer be the case. I am at the mercy of manufacturing variance in acrylic sheets, so this will vary a little. In this case the white sheet I cut the controller bodies out of is a little thin for a 3mm sheet. Overall the fit while using the key as an enter or shift is much nicer.

174311-4

This should show the improvements fairly well. Its still a bit of a potato pic. I really need to get a better lens, and use a tripod  :))

The angle may not be the best, but the new height is just about flush. There is still no slope to the key, and using this technique I'd have to get... creative... to even think of making that possible.

174315-5

In the end I am happy with the improvements. Anything I missed?
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 July 2017, 20:25:18 by vim_commando »

Offline OneNightFriend

Re: [LaserCTRL] - Laser Cut Keycaps - SuperCTRLr - Feedback for Round 3
« Reply #68 on: Wed, 26 July 2017, 20:26:20 »
TL;DR - I shaved 1mm off the total height of the SuperCTRLr, making it a much better fit for R3 OEM and Cherry profiles. I also changed the stem shapes, aiming for a more universal fit.

So I spent some time today tweaking the SuperCTRLr design. Overall I like the improvements, and hopefully it makes the keycap a better fit with wider compatibility.

(Attachment Link)

I made my original stem shape, the rectangle (left), as something that would "just fit" into a Cherry switch, and have plenty of strength and stability. Turns out it was a bit overkill.

As soon as I tried to make a keycap with stabilizers (the planet Saturn) I realized I needed a smaller stem; the clover (middle) was born. I can't just use circles, because I need some way to prevent unwanted rotation when hand assembling the stems and plates. Also there is a vertical and horizontal bar of the plus shape, one is 1.1mm the other is 1.3mm, so if you are off by 90 degrees, it causes problems.

SO today I made the lemon (right). Looking at several injection-molded keycaps, 'normal' stems seem to be between 5-6mm in diameter, with side walls that go all the way down to .5mm. I cannot go that thin when laser cutting without risking some serious warping and brittleness. This new shape still gives me more material than a stock stem (walls are about 1mm) with the vertical/horizontal cues easy to identify during assembly. This stem also performs both main and stabilizer duty.

(Attachment Link)

This lemon stem is cut at 6.7mm wide and 6.2mm tall. Because of the V-shaped grove the laser cuts while, my first key with new stem ends up being ~6.3mm x ~5.7mm at the base plate. This should put me into Novatouch territory (6.9mm circle). Since I don't have any on hand, I'll be asking a volunteer to test this out for me.  :thumb:

The next improvement I wanted to tackle was overall height. Most of my other keys were really designed for R1 use (Fn/Esc, numbers, etc.) with an acceptable fit on R4. My main reference boards have OEM keys most of the time (shameful, I know, but thats what happens when your daily typer is an Alps/DSA board.) so I thought the little extra height was ok. Turns out I was wrong.  :-[

(Attachment Link)

Here we have the old plate/stem assembly next to the revised plate/stem assembly. I was able to shave a little over 1mm off the total height, and have stem left over to shave for an even fit. This should also reduce the leaning issues a few people reported.

(Attachment Link)

While I've shaved off 1mm of total height, its actually down closer to ~1.5mm from the top of the stem. Some of the old stems left some gap after bottoming out against the top of the switch, this should no longer be the case. I am at the mercy of manufacturing variance in acrylic sheets, so this will vary a little. In this case the white sheet I cut the controller bodies out of is a little thin for a 3mm sheet. Overall the fit while using the key as an enter or shift is much nicer.

(Attachment Link)

This should show the improvements fairly well. Its still a bit of a potato pic. I really need to get a better lens, and use a tripod  :))

The angle may not be the best, but the new height is just about flush. There is still no slope to the key, and using this technique I'd have to get... creative... to even think of making that possible.

(Attachment Link)

These look like some really great improvements! Thanks for taking them all into consideration :)

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #69 on: Wed, 26 July 2017, 20:34:50 »
Man, you're making some really considered tweaks here. I *will* not miss my chance this round.

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #70 on: Wed, 26 July 2017, 20:37:07 »
Me either - I signed up for a GH account (after lurking for a while) just to track this topic!  :thumb:

Offline le-37

« Reply #71 on: Wed, 26 July 2017, 20:46:48 »
I am so eager for round 3

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: Fri, 28 July 2017, 15:14:16 by le-37 »

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
« Reply #72 on: Wed, 26 July 2017, 21:12:13 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

I am happy with all these tweaks! Will definitely be joining the next round ;)

Offline rioc

« Reply #73 on: Thu, 27 July 2017, 01:13:43 »
just saw the planet caps... had to order a moon for my upcoming moon tkl ;)

Offline limitz

« Reply #74 on: Thu, 27 July 2017, 18:19:16 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Love the improvements. To answer your earlier question, it does rub a little bit with the controller on the Backspace. However, the profile fit better since the Backspace row is a bit taller.

Seems like with the next round, the height will be worked out.

Really looking forward to R3! Will definitely be in for some controllers.

Also, maybe this is a bit premature right now, but have you thought of an entire controller series? Maybe NES or Genesis? I think it would fantastically cool.
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline vim_commando

• LaserCTRL
« Reply #75 on: Fri, 28 July 2017, 21:41:32 »

Also, maybe this is a bit premature right now, but have you thought of an entire controller series? Maybe NES or Genesis? I think it would fantastically cool.

Shhh.... thats a secret ;)

Ok, ok, I might be working on something like this:

174481-0

174485-1

I've still got some ultra-fine-tuning to fitting pieces together; I'm on the fence about engraving this one (some engraving locations are problematic on this layout); and I have an alternate color possibility I uncovered during prototyping that looked surprisingly awesome.

That said, I like how its coming along :)
« Last Edit: Fri, 28 July 2017, 21:43:57 by vim_commando »

Offline vim_commando

• LaserCTRL
« Reply #76 on: Fri, 28 July 2017, 21:45:47 »

Glad to hear it! I got yours packaged up and ready to go today.

Since I had to make a new batch I threw Mars, Jupiter and a new Earth option into the mix.

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
« Reply #77 on: Sat, 29 July 2017, 05:44:37 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

I've still got some ultra-fine-tuning to fitting pieces together; I'm on the fence about engraving this one (some engraving locations are problematic on this layout); and I have an alternate color possibility I uncovered during prototyping that looked surprisingly awesome.

Drools.

Offline limitz

« Reply #78 on: Sat, 29 July 2017, 21:18:06 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Lol awesome. These look great. Let me know if you need someone to beta test :p
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline rioc

« Reply #79 on: Mon, 31 July 2017, 01:43:53 »

Glad to hear it! I got yours packaged up and ready to go today.

Since I had to make a new batch I threw Mars, Jupiter and a new Earth option into the mix.

nice! :)

also, that NES controller looks sweet... might have to skip snes for this one ;)

Offline SupraRZ95

Re: [LaserCTRL] - Laser Cut Keycaps - New Keycap Preview
« Reply #80 on: Mon, 31 July 2017, 03:18:51 »
HHNNNGGGG Love my V2. Can't wait for V3 adn the Nes!!

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #81 on: Mon, 31 July 2017, 05:25:28 »
I'll take one of everythingggggggg

Offline le-37

« Reply #82 on: Mon, 31 July 2017, 09:26:36 »
WOW
When you release those NES caps, I'm definitely gonna put in an order for NES and SNES and star and planets/moons.
Gotta combine that shipping to Canada!

Offline TelFiRE

« Reply #83 on: Mon, 31 July 2017, 16:54:23 »
Awesome, the NES for the backspace!

Man, how cool would it be to have a GMK laser board with all different controllers for modifiers!!!!
KBD75 GMK Terminal          XD84 DSA Black on GSF + Hana Matcha + Serum

Offline vim_commando

• LaserCTRL
Re: [LaserCTRL] - SuperCTRLr & CTRLr on Sale!
« Reply #84 on: Wed, 02 August 2017, 23:01:41 »
SuperCTRLr Round 3 and CTRLr Launch

174854-0

Orders for the SuperCTRLr and the new CTRLr are now live on http://laserctrl.io!

All orders made before 2017-08-05 11:59 GMT will be added to the giveaway drawing, I will announce the details as soon as I finalize them.

Of course what's an update without some quality potatoes pictures.

The SuperCTRLr

174856-1

As described in the earlier update, the SuperCTRLr has slimmed down to better fit the Enter and Left Shift position it was designed for. It is flush with OEM profile keys, and shouldn't be anywhere near as tall on Cherry/GMK/DCS key sets like before.

174858-2

The new "lemon" stems *should* fit Novatouch and other round MX sliders. I'm waiting on some feedback on a key I sent out to be tested and post an update as soon as I know.

All new SuperCTRLr orders will have the new stems and all keycaps will use the new design as soon as the old stock is gone.

The CTRLr

174870-3

Here it is in all it's 8-bit glory! This design was a deceiving and is honestly a more challenging than the SuperCTRLr to pull together.

I was surprised to see how the glitter "metallic" silver added to to the look, so I decided to offer it as an option. It really makes the key stand out.

I'm also offering this one in both OEM and Cherry heights, since it is a Backspace key (2u) the fit really depends on your keycap set.

174862-4

I snagged some Cherry profile keycaps (the '9' in the pictures) to work with. It makes comparison shots much more effective.

174864-5

The CTRLr uses the same new stems as the SuperCTRL, just in black. The only translucent color is the red buttons, so a clear base for backlighting doesn't make much sense on this one; everything is in black.

174866-6

But wait, There's more!

I also threw in Mars, Jupiter, and an Africa/Europe Earth into the mix for the planet keycaps.

174868-7

More to come

I'm super stoked for Mito's upcoming GMK Laser. I'm talking to him and I've got some keycaps in the works :thumb:
« Last Edit: Wed, 02 August 2017, 23:06:47 by vim_commando »

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #85 on: Wed, 02 August 2017, 23:13:09 »
yesssssss got my order in! <3 <3 <3 I really wanted 3 controllers but I respected your wishes and only bought 2 >_>

Offline vim_commando

• LaserCTRL
« Reply #86 on: Wed, 02 August 2017, 23:15:23 »
yesssssss got my order in! <3 <3 <3 I really wanted 3 controllers but I respected your wishes and only bought 2 >_>

I appreciate it! But that was on my first two rounds. This one I'm running production a little different, so go for it if you want 3  :thumb:

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #87 on: Wed, 02 August 2017, 23:17:05 »
ooooooooh now how do I edit an order...

Offline vim_commando

• LaserCTRL
« Reply #88 on: Wed, 02 August 2017, 23:20:54 »
ooooooooh now how do I edit an order...

I'll PM you.

Offline iliptikal

« Reply #89 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 00:42:06 »
Order in, and had to make an edit too haha.  Late night buying, am I right?  :)

Offline le-37

« Reply #90 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 08:17:36 »
OMG
I told myself I need to take a break from buying artisans, but I just added almost 100$ to my cart.

Offline limitz

« Reply #91 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 13:09:16 »
I have 2x of the R2 SuperCtrlr's, but I'd like to get an R3 as well. If I order one, can I be sure I'll get a R3, or one of the old stock?

Thanks.
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline vim_commando

• LaserCTRL
« Reply #92 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 13:12:05 »
I have 2x of the R2 SuperCtrlr's, but I'd like to get an R3 as well. If I order one, can I be sure I'll get a R3, or one of the old stock?

Thanks.

Don't worry, all SuperCTRLr keycaps are new stock :)

Offline vim_commando

• LaserCTRL
« Reply #93 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 21:15:07 »
Just a quick update, all orders put in so far will be shipped out Monday, August 7th.

For the giveaway I will be rolling the trusty D20 again. The winner gets a custom colorway on a 1u keycap from one of these designs:

175057-0

Thanks everyone, and good luck  :thumb:

Edit: Just to clarify, the gear cap is engraved with the legend design, so pretty much any shape goes.
« Last Edit: Fri, 04 August 2017, 22:06:03 by vim_commando »

Offline vim_commando

• LaserCTRL
« Reply #94 on: Sun, 06 August 2017, 12:21:50 »
Giveaway Time!

Target orders are 1024-1038, so this roll will be 1D20+1020. I will re-rolls anything out of range (duplicate orders will use the 1st order number).

And the winner is....

1040! ... wait.  :rolleyes:

Order 1028!

This is an international order, so I will hold on to your package for now.

Everyone else will be dropped off at the post office today so it ships out first thing in the morning. Everyone should be getting notifications tomorrow.

Thanks everyone!

Offline iliptikal

« Reply #95 on: Sun, 06 August 2017, 12:25:59 »
Damn...I'm 1029, RIP. Grats to the winner!

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

Offline nao

• NAO
« Reply #96 on: Sun, 06 August 2017, 19:40:53 »
Giveaway Time!

Target orders are 1024-1038, so this roll will be 1D20+1020. I will re-rolls anything out of range (duplicate orders will use the 1st order number).

And the winner is....

Show Image

1040! ... wait.  :rolleyes:

Show Image

Order 1028!

This is an international order, so I will hold on to your package for now.

Everyone else will be dropped off at the post office today so it ships out first thing in the morning. Everyone should be getting notifications tomorrow.

Thanks everyone!

Awesome!
I have sent you a PM vim_commando :).

Offline vim_commando

• LaserCTRL
« Reply #97 on: Mon, 07 August 2017, 18:44:07 »
I just finished shipping all orders from this weekend. Including this guy for Nao, the giveaway winner:

175274-0

Just a heads-up for everyone who ordered a SuperCTRLr, some are a little more translucent than others. It looks like there was some confusion between 40% translucent and 40% opaque white when we switched suppliers.  With the new stems, slimmer profile, and a little extra TLC during assembly this was still the best batch yet.

I'm planning a special 8-bit themed sale for August 16th. I've got several brand new keycap designs (and a couple multi-key sets) in the works that I look forward to sharing with everyone, so stay tuned  :thumb:

I truly appreciate everyone's support.

Offline nao

• NAO
« Reply #98 on: Mon, 07 August 2017, 18:51:51 »
I just finished shipping all orders from this weekend. Including this guy for Nao, the giveaway winner:

(Attachment Link)

Just a heads-up for everyone who ordered a SuperCTRLr, some are a little more translucent than others. It looks like there was some confusion between 40% translucent and 40% opaque white when we switched suppliers.  With the new stems, slimmer profile, and a little extra TLC during assembly this was still the best batch yet.

I'm planning a special 8-bit themed sale for August 16th. I've got several brand new keycap designs (and a couple multi-key sets) in the works that I look forward to sharing with everyone, so stay tuned  :thumb:

I truly appreciate everyone's support.
;D

Offline AuthenticDanger

Re: [LaserCTRL] - Laser Cut Keycaps - 8-bit Sale August 16th
« Reply #99 on: Wed, 09 August 2017, 15:29:33 »

Fantastic packaging and amazing craftsmanship. Looking forward to getting these on some boards tonight.  :thumb:
F Keys belong on the left.