Author Topic: [GB] GMK SKIDATA+ R1 Complete [Closed]  (Read 1465012 times)

Offline Zealousy

• Twitter
Re: [GB] GMK SKIDATA+ (Pre-Orders Open Now)
« Reply #250 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 12:57:31 »
A render of what the set would look like with base and mods would go a long way toward inching people toward the purchase button. I would personally get motivated seeing it in full glory.

Also if Katzenkinder were to post an update on their contribution, I would really appreciate it.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #251 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 13:00:06 »
A render of what the set would look like with base and mods would go a long way toward inching people toward the purchase button. I would personally get motivated seeing it in full glory.

Also if Katzenkinder were to post an update on their contribution, I would really appreciate it.

If you looked through the pages there are some pictures of legitimate skidata+ sets which is much better than a render.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #252 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 03:09:53 »

Of course! These are older renders, but they will pose to give you a rough idea of how the sets will look together. :)

With Orange Spacebar

With Grey Spacebar

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline UTEster750

« Reply #253 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 05:45:07 »

Of course! These are older renders, but they will pose to give you a rough idea of how the sets will look together. :)

With Orange Spacebar
Show Image

With Grey Spacebar
Show Image

This is too good to pass up, will have to order in the next few days!  :thumb:

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #254 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 06:15:44 »

With Orange Spacebar
Show Image

With Grey Spacebar
Show Image

Thanks for these, I definitely prefer it with the black spacebar, looks really great. Probably saved me a few dollars so I don't have to buy the orange spacebars with that render ;)
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #255 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 06:25:53 »
Yeah I personally prefer the dark grey space bar over the orange.

That said, both the base set and colour pack contain space bars in their colours so you wouldn't necessary have to choose which to get, you get both. :)

Offline renne

« Reply #256 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 10:13:40 »
If theres any non-windows user would like to spare their 1.25x winkey, 1x winkey, or relegendables, please send me a pm.
Either Orange on Charcoal or Charcoal on Orange would be fine.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #257 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 22:26:14 »
any non-windows user would like to spare their relegendables

Yep bought those $55 relegendables because I don't want them

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #258 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 22:28:30 »

Sweet, I'll take 'em.  :blank:

Offline Glenmael

« Reply #259 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 23:26:43 »

:))

Offline Texchappy

« Reply #260 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 23:54:34 »
Back in for all the damage I can do. Ordered the base set again.

Offline UTEster750

« Reply #261 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 01:50:51 »
Yeah finally ordered this set!  ;D

Offline renne

« Reply #262 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 03:07:05 »

If you don't need all 17 keys, I'd be grad to pay for some blanks.
If you need them all, please go ahead and order the set, instead of talking sh*t.

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #263 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 03:35:20 »

If you don't need all 17 keys, I'd be grad to pay for some blanks.
If you need them all, please go ahead and order the set, instead of talking sh*t.
Perhaps next time you should be more clear by saying "I would like up to 4 relegendables" for example.

Most will be side-printed so I doubt people will want to part with those.
And that last sentence was unnecessary.
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #264 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 10:44:35 »
I am happy to see more orders, thanks everyone for your support.

I am also working on making Relegendables happen even if we don't reach enough orders, but that said, I do need more orders for those because we literally have too little right now to order (it would cost like $10 a cap maybe if I were to order it, making it like $170, so please order more haha). :thumb:

Hope to see more orders placed in the following weeks; hopeful that we'll make MOQ. :)
« Last Edit: Tue, 10 November 2015, 14:30:04 by Karura »

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #265 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 15:13:58 »
Gonna order closer to the end of the GB, but definitely plan on getting relegendables.

Offline darkclone24

« Reply #266 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 15:54:59 »

I am also working on making Relegendables happen even if we don't reach enough orders, but that said, I do need more orders for those because we literally have too little right now to order (it would cost like $10 a cap maybe if I were to order it, making it like $170, so please order more haha). :thumb:

Hope to see more orders placed in the following weeks; hopeful that we'll make MOQ. :)

I've asked Zeal about adding relegendables to my order!
RS84 67g Zealio Purple | Choc Mini MX Black | WASD V2 MX Clear | Golbat 78g Zealio Purple | Duck Octagon V2 MX Clear

Offline Glenmael

« Reply #267 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 16:25:16 »

Do you simply email or?

Note; I do not have a Zeal account but have placed an order for SKIDATA+

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #268 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 16:27:23 »

Do you simply email or?

Feel free to message either me or Zeal to update or change your orders. Zeal can directly edit the orders, and I am happy to pass on the word. Thanks! :thumb:

Glad to hear it! I see your updated order. Thanks for the support. We really need it, and I'm hoping we'll have enough by the deadline. Cheers

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #269 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 16:59:49 »

I know that you have done an absolute crap ton of work behind this but I was just wondering what sort of numbers you need to make the relegendables happen at the price stated?

It seems like quite a few people would be down for them but can't afford them in addition to the base set and extra mods (or might just want them standalone)

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #270 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 17:07:41 »

I know that you have done an absolute crap ton of work behind this but I was just wondering what sort of numbers you need to make the relegendables happen at the price stated?

It seems like quite a few people would be down for them but can't afford them in addition to the base set and extra mods (or might just want them standalone)

Relegendables have the same MOQ as every other set in the GB since it's a GMK MOQ, and no more orders will be taken for them after MOQ.

If we can get atleast 150 orders soon or MOQ, I can proceed to have the Relegendable keycaps themselves custom ordered ahead of time (paid out of my pocket), and proceed to have them sent to GMK. Otherwise, I don't think they'll be done in time for GMK to padprint, since Relegendables will take maybe 6 weeks from ordering to completion. GMK plans to start producing SKIDATA+ in January, and perhaps there will be delays if Relegendables are ordered late. It will be fine if it is the difference between making it happen and not happen, but we still would require the orders to be high enough. Hope this helps.

Another thing to note, since we are doing such a small batch, there is literally no way to push down the costs for these, they're at around $3/keycap at cost in the MOQ quantity (250), $55 barely covers it, so there is no way to make this happen easier, we would just need more support and more orders. I've done my best to make this happen, but even at our MOQ number, it is super lucky that we can even get these at such a low quantity.
« Last Edit: Tue, 10 November 2015, 17:13:55 by Karura »

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #271 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 17:08:53 »

Relegendables have the same MOQ as every other set in the GB since it's a GMK MOQ, and no more orders will be taken for them after MOQ.

If we can get atleast 150 orders soon or MOQ, I can proceed to have the Relegendable keycaps themselves custom ordered ahead of time (paid out of my pocket), and proceed to have them sent to GMK. Otherwise, I don't think they'll be done in time for GMK to padprint, since Relegendables will take maybe 6 weeks from ordering to completion. GMK plans to start producing SKIDATA+ in January, and perhaps there will be delays if Relegendables are ordered late. It will be fine if it is the difference between making it happen and not happen, but we still would require the orders to be high enough. Hope this helps.

Thanks man - I just wasn't sure about the production details/requirements for the relegendables

Offline Glenmael

« Reply #272 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 17:10:30 »

Do you simply email or?

Feel free to message either me or Zeal to update or change your orders. Zeal can directly edit the orders, and I am happy to pass on the word. Thanks! :thumb:

Glad to hear it! I see your updated order. Thanks for the support. We really need it, and I'm hoping we'll have enough by the deadline. Cheers

Ok arm has officially been twisted (doing it for the community :))! Can you (pass on the word) update my order to include the relegendables?

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #273 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 17:12:43 »

Do you simply email or?

Ok arm has officially been twisted (doing it for the community :))! Can you (pass on the word) update my order to include the relegendables?

Could you please send me an email / PM with your order #? It would be better for me to cancel your current order, so that you can place your new updated order. Thanks. :)
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline Glenmael

« Reply #274 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 17:16:46 »

Do you simply email or?

Could you please send me an email / PM with your order #? It would be better for me to cancel your current order, so that you can place your new updated order. Thanks. :)

PM'd  :thumb:

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #275 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 17:18:34 »
SKIDATA+ has always been a dream of mine, and even when we meet MOQ, I will still end up having to pay a lot out of pocket and front certain payments due to payment complications and production schedule issues. I don't wish to elaborate more on it, but I feel that I should atleast touch upon the fact that it will cost me, even with 250 orders of everything. Hopefully we can get enough support regardless.

I didn't want to bring this up to make others feel bad or anything, or distract from the GB itself, and really, I am happy to do this, but I just want to make it clear that in this day and age, there are just so many obstacles to get over to even start a GB, and I'm doing the very best I can, keeping a positive attitude, and have dedicated everything I have to this. I'm doing it for the community, and I'm just really happy to have the support.
« Last Edit: Tue, 10 November 2015, 17:21:21 by Karura »

Offline Glenmael

« Reply #276 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 17:24:12 »
SKIDATA+ has always been a dream of mine, and even when we meet MOQ, I will still end up having to pay a lot out of pocket and front certain payments due to payment complications and production schedule issues. I don't wish to elaborate more on it, but I feel that I should atleast touch upon the fact that it will cost me, even with 250 orders of everything. Hopefully we can get enough support regardless.

I didn't want to bring this up to make others feel bad or anything, or distract from the GB itself, and really, I am happy to do this, but I just want to make it clear that in this day and age, there are just so many obstacles to get over to even start a GB, and I'm doing the very best I can, keeping a positive attitude, and have dedicated everything I have to this. I'm doing it for the community, and I'm just really happy to have the support.

I'd like to say thank you for doing this for us all :)

I wouldn't know the first thing about running a Group Buy but I'm sure it isn't easy.

Not too sure what I can do, but if you need a hand with something let me know.

Offline saturnotaku

« Reply #277 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 17:35:49 »
I'm doing it for the community, and I'm just really happy to have the support.

How could I say no to someone with this kind of positive mental attitude? Count me in for one base set.

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #278 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 17:36:41 »

I'd like to say thank you for doing this for us all :)

I wouldn't know the first thing about running a Group Buy but I'm sure it isn't easy.

Not too sure what I can do, but if you need a hand with something let me know.

Thank you... I appreciate the orders, it really helps. I'm not sure what else is needed to be done, I feel that I've already taken care of all the correspondences and planning to ensure that we have a perfect set, and no payment issues, but if anything else comes up, I'll definitely bring it up! Right now really, it's just very difficult to reach MOQ, and all that's left is for the community to participate if they are interested.

How could I say no to someone with this kind of positive mental attitude? Count me in for one base set.

Thank you so much! I see the order. :)
« Last Edit: Tue, 10 November 2015, 17:44:09 by Karura »

Offline Texchappy

« Reply #279 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 18:57:30 »
Karura,mean you give us an idea where we stand?  I'm sorry to hear about the out of pocket issues, can't do anything more financially but if there's something I (dare to presume we?) can do let us know.

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #280 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 19:04:23 »
Karura,mean you give us an idea where we stand?  I'm sorry to hear about the out of pocket issues, can't do anything more financially but if there's something I (dare to presume we?) can do let us know.

Don't worry about that at all, I have it covered. We just need more orders to make MOQ.

Right now we're past 1/4 point for Base Set and Colour Pack, inching towards 1/2 MOQ. We have about 20 days, I think that's enough time for people to save up and place more orders before then!

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #281 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 21:17:43 »

Don't worry about that at all, I have it covered. We just need more orders to make MOQ.

Right now we're past 1/4 point for Base Set and Colour Pack, inching towards 1/2 MOQ. We have about 20 days, I think that's enough time for people to save up and place more orders before then!

I'm currently gathering the funds,  but definitely count me in for a base set and color pack brodude! If I have left over cash I may do space bars as well.

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #282 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 23:34:57 »

I'm currently gathering the funds,  but definitely count me in for a base set and color pack brodude! If I have left over cash I may do space bars as well.

Sounds good! Also just for you, I would be happy to take payment in the form of an Orangesicle as well. :thumb:

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #283 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 08:51:54 »

Sounds good! Also just for you, I would be happy to take payment in the form of an Orangesicle as well. :thumb:

HahaHaha... I am surprised you don't already have a function row full of them by now ;)

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #284 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 14:07:20 »
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I was curious if the second legends on the Q, and M keys were also double shot, or if they were pad printed?

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #285 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 14:09:03 »
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I was curious if the second legends on the Q, and M keys were also double shot, or if they were pad printed?

Doubleshot.
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #286 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 17:41:14 »

Good question! All the legends are doubleshot, with the exception of 1. Windowed LED keys, 2. side-printed legends.

Hope this helps.

Offline Dee1

« Reply #287 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 10:03:05 »
The relegendables are so tempting...! I haven't placed my order yet because I can't make up my mind on whether or not to get those, haha.

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #288 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 10:05:53 »
Where are we MOQwise today?

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #289 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 15:34:44 »
Where are we MOQwise today?

We have passed the half way mark for Base and Colour. Relegendables still need more orders.

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #290 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 18:07:01 »
The relegendables are so tempting...! I haven't placed my order yet because I can't make up my mind on whether or not to get those, haha.

Hope you end up getting them, because they're probably not going to be made if it doesn't reach the GB MOQ. They're being made for the first time ever, and most likely the last time as it's very expensive to make. :)

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #291 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 18:24:19 »
Are we allowed to order multiple relegendables sets if we order only one of the base set?
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #292 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 18:50:31 »
Yes, if you would like to order extra Relegendables, please message me directly or Zeal, and we will add it to your order!

It's set as 1 per person so far on the site, to prevent 1 guy from buying 1 base set, and 100 sets of Relegendables to resell or something. :thumb:

Please order more Relegendables. I really want to see this happen, and will buy out MOQ if we reach enough orders. (Big money, but once again, this is my dream project and I'll do my best to make it happen.)

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #293 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 20:01:00 »
Hey everyone, so I'm a really big fan of this colorway, and I'm thinking of maybe making some t shirts in the skidata colors to commemorate this groupbuy. The shirts would probably be black, and would have a logo like this on the back in orange:

I was thinking of something in maybe blue and orange for the front, maybe in like a breast-pocked kind of design.

The tshirts would cost about $15 each, and proceeds would go either towards making this groupbuy work or charity (most likely both).

I'll be opening up an IC thread soon for interested parties.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #294 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 23:27:55 »
Hey everyone, so I'm a really big fan of this colorway, and I'm thinking of maybe making some t shirts in the skidata colors to commemorate this groupbuy. The shirts would probably be black, and would have a logo like this on the back in orange:
Show Image

I was thinking of something in maybe blue and orange for the front, maybe in like a breast-pocked kind of design.

The tshirts would cost about $15 each, and proceeds would go either towards making this groupbuy work or charity (most likely both).

I'll be opening up an IC thread soon for interested parties.
Will be interested
However I personally would prefer the word "skidata+" only

But that's just me, and I'm still in no matter what
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #295 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 20:47:04 »
I think a shirt that says SKIDATA+ only would look pretty good and nondescript (in a good way) as well :thumb:

I look forward to it!

I feel the square logo would look best on the back of the shirt, near the collar.

Regarding MOQ, orders have slowed down, with 50% MOQ at 50% of the time left. If we get a lot of last minute/rushed orders, we will definitely make it. Hoping for the best. Please support ;) I probably won't ever be doing this sort of GB again, with Relegendables, simply due to the amount of time and energy needed to organize everything, so I'm really hoping it could make MOQ. We'll find out soon enough, and I appreciate if people can also help spread the word on other communities and forums, or even recommending it to their keyboard friends.

Cheers
« Last Edit: Sat, 14 November 2015, 20:49:03 by Karura »

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #296 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 20:53:01 »
Do you know if this GB has been exposed to the chinese/korea community?
That's where we can push the order to....

I'll ask enjoyclick if the chinese community know already
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #297 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 20:54:17 »
Do you know if this GB has been exposed to the chinese/korea community?
That's where we can push the order to....

It has, and there's a lot of rude unfortunate name calling and other things, but we will be getting some orders! :)

Thanks for the reminder, I will check up with the proxy people. :thumb:

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #298 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 21:12:59 »
Katz has been working on the caps. Should be out soon. :thumb:

Offline HesterDW

« Reply #299 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 18:45:44 »
Hey Karura, I'm considering doing a build around this set. As you can see in my sig I like painting, so I'm wondering:

1. Are the blue keycaps in the Colour Pack color-matched to the real skidata?
2. If so, do you have the pantone for the orange and blue?