Author Topic: [GB] GMK SKIDATA+ R1 Complete [Closed]  (Read 1467116 times)

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
Re: [GB] GMK SKIDATA+ (MOQ Met, Order Now)
« Reply #400 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 10:56:20 »
Met up with Zeal yesterday and we had a photoshoot!

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

y u do that to me
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline VinnyCordeiro

Re: [GB] GMK SKIDATA+ (MOQ Met, orders end on 11/30)
« Reply #401 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 11:09:05 »
Massdrop and Originative are dropping GMK Charred Orange (and GMK Dolch) again. I really don't know what to think about this "timing"... https://www.massdrop.com/buy/originative-gmk-dolch

Offline rpeterclark

• RPTR ❌
« Reply #402 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 11:13:02 »
Massdrop and Originative are dropping GMK Charred Orange (and GMK Dolch) again. I really don't know what to think about this "timing"... https://www.massdrop.com/buy/originative-gmk-dolch

My guess is that they are oblivious rather than malicious.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #403 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 11:17:42 »

My guess is that they are oblivious rather than malicious.

I agree, because now we have three group buys currently active with black and orange themed keysets, all the same profile as well I believe. Releasing the set now does affects their sales as well.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #404 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 11:19:46 »
The estimated ship date is December 7th, which means the Massdrop ones are already produced.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #405 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 11:24:07 »
The estimated ship date is December 7th, which means the Massdrop ones are already produced.

Massdrop has been prepping a lot for Black Friday. Most, if not all new drops have expected ship dates before Christmas.

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #406 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 11:25:23 »
I feel that in this case, we should remember that there are big differences between the sets. Ours having the most layout support (ANSI, ISO, 1800, 60%, HHKB, 75% and more), a vibrant colour pack with lots of blue and orange, as well as BingeCaps and KatzenKinder Caps, and fixed GMK light bleed issues. I almost forgot, Relegendables as well.

Most importantly, we're a community organized and supported GB, so I feel that there are really no alternatives to ours. :)

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #407 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 11:30:54 »
i like SKIDATA+ legend more than CO or O&B
like (enter, shift. tab, backspace) skidata+ had simple legend with just "arrow" it looks more stylish. :thumb:

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #408 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 12:04:32 »
Massdrop's are produced because they're by Originative, and Originative already has the stock.

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #409 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 12:15:24 »

Meh!

It's a bit vague,  does the charred come with as many options?  Do you get the awesome color pack?  Still glad I am in on the SKIDATA GB.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #410 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 14:02:46 »
Back in :D
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #411 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 14:12:01 »
If someone would not use their 7u space bars I would be very happy to take them.

Offline awhitedev

« Reply #412 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 14:19:06 »

Meh!

It's a bit vague,  does the charred come with as many options?  Do you get the awesome color pack?  Still glad I am in on the SKIDATA GB.

It seems like you only get the TKL keys in their drop. The Skidata GB gives you a lot more options for not a lot more $$.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #413 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 14:33:02 »

Meh!

It seems like you only get the TKL keys in their drop. The Skidata GB gives you a lot more options for not a lot more $$.

I do not see Originative adding any value in that drop, besides being the middle man and earning a share of the sale. I'd prefer a GB that is managed by GH members over a drop any day.

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #414 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 14:33:42 »

Meh!

Text+icon mods tho

Offline awhitedev

« Reply #415 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 15:13:10 »

Meh!

Text+icon mods tho

Meh...

Offline Glenmael

« Reply #416 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 19:16:23 »
I've got Charred Orange (typing on it now), but still jumped on SKIDATA+ as the colors just seem a lot crisper  :thumb:

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #417 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 20:55:44 »
Yep, legends will totally be different between ours and Charred Orange.

Basically, Charred Orange is an older production set with issues with their legends, and I've documented the issues with a bit of keyboard science for those who are curious.

I've taken the time and effort to discuss with GMK, and we will be doing our best to ensure that this will not happen to SKIDATA+, and it will be nothing but a bright, vibrant Orange all around. ^-^

Here is a link to the Keyboard Science I did a while back to inform people about the issues:
Keyboard Science: SKIDATA+ Edition

Charred Orange with LEDs:

Skidata (SKIDATA+ will be produced the same way as this one) with LEDs:

I hope this helps demonstrate the differences between the two sets, as a lot of work has been done to make sure that we will get it right. :)

Offline Porsche

• I appreciate your cooperation.
« Reply #418 on: Sat, 28 November 2015, 09:55:19 »
I love this layout and just ordered.
I kinda feel like spend too much bucks for this one but still feel good.

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #419 on: Sat, 28 November 2015, 10:01:19 »
Damn, this closes real soon. Gotta get my order in asap!  :thumb:
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #420 on: Sat, 28 November 2015, 10:05:28 »
How would I put something under the transparent layer on the relegendable key caps?

Do I print it out, cut it, and put it under the clear cap? I might not be able to cut it straight and it might look off.

Is there a place that can have custom sized prints done that can fit under the caps?

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #421 on: Sat, 28 November 2015, 10:33:04 »
How would I put something under the transparent layer on the relegendable key caps?

Do I print it out, cut it, and put it under the clear cap? I might not be able to cut it straight and it might look off.

Is there a place that can have custom sized prints done that can fit under the caps?

I'd just print out a square to fit and then put whatever image or letter on it and cut along the lines. It's paper so just do some trial and error until it looks right.

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • hickneller.com
« Reply #422 on: Sat, 28 November 2015, 13:29:32 »
Finally placed my order! My wallet is in pain, but it will be worth it when these come in  :D

Offline tassadarforaiur

« Reply #423 on: Sat, 28 November 2015, 15:45:32 »
Cancelled my troubled minds order to get in on this, not looking like they're going to reach MOQ on ISO kit, and severe lack of communication from them. The only thing guaranteed to happen at 12:00 PST is us *****ing about them never updating.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #424 on: Sat, 28 November 2015, 16:13:22 »
I am so exited :3 Are we expecting this some time in January?
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #425 on: Sat, 28 November 2015, 20:16:16 »
Well, I have decided that not only will I be getting the colour pack but I am also going to get into the base set too.  Add to that the Troubled Minds set and the JTK Sophomore GB and I just spent like three times what I was planning on spending, I better sell some **** to offset this or cut myself off from now on!
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #426 on: Sat, 28 November 2015, 20:18:11 »
Well, I have decided that not only will I be getting the colour pack but I am also going to get into the base set too.  Add to that the Troubled Minds set and the JTK Sophomore GB and I just spent like three times what I was planning on spending, I better sell some **** to offset this or cut myself off from now on!

I feel ya. With this, Troubled Minds, Round 5a, Monster Mash, and some others, November 2015 is definitely the most I've spent on caps.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #427 on: Sat, 28 November 2015, 20:19:26 »

I feel ya. With this, Troubled Minds, Round 5a, Monster Mash, and some others, November 2015 is definitely the most I've spent on caps.

My wallet hurts, but I did manage to offset some of the pain by selling an old vehicle I had been sitting on for quite awhile.  Just don't tell my wife guys!

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #428 on: Sat, 28 November 2015, 20:54:51 »

My wallet hurts, but I did manage to offset some of the pain by selling an old vehicle I had been sitting on for quite awhile. Just don't tell my wife guys!

Classic! Do me the same!

:D :D

Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #429 on: Sat, 28 November 2015, 21:02:35 »
I love this layout and just ordered.
I kinda feel like spend too much bucks for this one but still feel good.

I'm happy to have you on board! It's a very complete set, so you definitely won't be disappointed with all the keys included. ;D

Back in :D

Glad you could make it back it!! ^-^

There was a template someone posted earlier; there was a discussion a few pages earlier, you can print these out and cut it out. :)

You could also design your own, or we can come together as a community to deisgn some! Would be really cool.

Damn, this closes real soon. Gotta get my order in asap!  :thumb:

Yes, it is happening so soon. :D Hope you can make it in.

Finally placed my order! My wallet is in pain, but it will be worth it when these come in  :D

Sorry for killing you in GTAV, but glad that isn't stopping you from ordering this, hahaha.

Cancelled my troubled minds order to get in on this, not looking like they're going to reach MOQ on ISO kit, and severe lack of communication from them. The only thing guaranteed to happen at 12:00 PST is us *****ing about them never updating.

I'm really glad I could help out with your questions, and glad to have you on board! :thumb:
I always do my best to answer questions and communicate. :)

I am so exited :3 Are we expecting this some time in January?

GMK quoted me on 6 weeks starting sometime in Jan, but we won't know for sure, since they have been known for slight delays occasionally.

I feel that you'll get a lot of use out of this set, and hopefully it will accompany you throughout the keyboard journey, even if you change keyboards. That's the idea anyway, support for many layouts so you can keep on using it. Glad to have you on board as well! The Base Set and Colour Pack were designed together, it'll look real good. ;)

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #430 on: Sat, 28 November 2015, 21:09:30 »
Guys Karura is such a fab groupbuy leader. Who the **** individually thanks every single person who joins their groupbuy? This is insane.  :p
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #431 on: Sat, 28 November 2015, 21:12:38 »
Guys Karura is such a fab groupbuy leader. Who the **** individually thanks every single person who joins their groupbuy? This is insane.  :p

Too late, he's mine already
I fell for him way long time ago
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #432 on: Sun, 29 November 2015, 01:08:56 »
Hahaha, you guys :D

I am just happy to have people share the enthusiasm and excitement for the project. It's going to be a great looking set, and I couldn't be any happier.

It has been a very long journey to reach where we are now.

I look forward to seeing SKIDATA+ on everyone's keyboards. :thumb:
« Last Edit: Sun, 29 November 2015, 01:16:13 by Karura »

Offline lashiel

« Reply #433 on: Sun, 29 November 2015, 02:58:43 »
Ugh. Can't handle the hype. I'll be in for one of everything. Just need to get my paypal sorted out. And sell some worldly possessions.

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #434 on: Sun, 29 November 2015, 04:06:46 »
Ugh. Can't handle the hype. I'll be in for one of everything. Just need to get my paypal sorted out. And sell some worldly possessions.

you better hurry 1 more days before closed order

Offline wodan

« Reply #435 on: Sun, 29 November 2015, 04:18:23 »

I feel ya bro, fortunately Skidata+ went on my Oct credit card statement so Round5a pwns the Nov statement all by itself.

Offline lashiel

[GB] GMK SKIDATA+ (MOQ Met, orders end on 11/30)
« Reply #436 on: Sun, 29 November 2015, 04:22:53 »

Yea. I'll be taking care of it later today. After sleeps. Because it's 430am in America.

Edit: it's done. Give me a Viking burial with my wallet and my keyboards plz.
« Last Edit: Sun, 29 November 2015, 14:34:12 by lashiel »

Offline Glenmael

« Reply #437 on: Sun, 29 November 2015, 15:10:05 »

yusss! :)

Good work! make sure to enter the raffle :)

Offline lashiel

« Reply #438 on: Sun, 29 November 2015, 15:16:11 »

Yea. I'll be taking care of it later today. After sleeps. Because it's 430am in America.

Edit: it's done. Give me a Viking burial with my wallet and my keyboards plz.

I think I did... I checked the box at least.

Offline infodroid

Re: [GB] GMK SKIDATA+ (MOQ Met, Order Now)
« Reply #439 on: Sun, 29 November 2015, 16:21:13 »

We've made 250 MOQ, not 400 MOQ. At 400, we get a price drop, and the ability to add more keys. We have a little less than 2 weeks left, if orders keep flooding in and we reach 400 MOQ, we will definitely get these keys, but right now we're at the minimum amount of orders required to order it. Hope this explains it.

So two weeks later, how is it going with the MOQ and how likely is the price drop looking?

I'm asking because this is one of the most expensive sets I have ever seen, with a lot of extra keys that I really don't care for.

A price drop would make it much more enticing.

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #440 on: Sun, 29 November 2015, 16:43:25 »

We've made 250 MOQ, not 400 MOQ. At 400, we get a price drop, and the ability to add more keys. We have a little less than 2 weeks left, if orders keep flooding in and we reach 400 MOQ, we will definitely get these keys, but right now we're at the minimum amount of orders required to order it. Hope this explains it.

So two weeks later, how is it going with the MOQ and how likely is the price drop looking?

I'm asking because this is one of the most expensive sets I have ever seen, with a lot of extra keys that I really don't care for.

A price drop would make it much more enticing.

There are no plans for a price drop. With a lower price bracket comes with the ability to add more keys. :)

Edit: To answer your question, we aren't near the 400 MOQ mark and won't know if we will reach it in the final stretch.
That said, the extra keys you're getting are worth quite a bit to the right person so you could always sell them, or keep it if you ever get a different keyboard. :thumb:
« Last Edit: Sun, 29 November 2015, 17:00:53 by Karura »

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #441 on: Sun, 29 November 2015, 18:21:30 »
One day left folks. :D

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #442 on: Sun, 29 November 2015, 19:42:37 »
Get yo orders in peeps or forever regrets

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #443 on: Sun, 29 November 2015, 19:56:50 »

Or take over someone's order a few weeks from now. ;)

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #444 on: Sun, 29 November 2015, 19:57:44 »

Well, that is obviously not recommended. :P

There's always hope to get more orders, reach the next MOQ price bracket, and include extra keys for free.
« Last Edit: Sun, 29 November 2015, 20:04:34 by Karura »

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #445 on: Sun, 29 November 2015, 20:00:12 »
Since we're ending so soon, just wanted to share these photos again, as they show what the keysets look like in person. :thumb:

Edit: Reposted on new page. :)
« Last Edit: Sun, 29 November 2015, 20:49:13 by Karura »

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #446 on: Sun, 29 November 2015, 20:01:10 »

Ahh yes the order vultures  :))

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #447 on: Sun, 29 November 2015, 20:04:41 »
Uh, nice pictures.

Offline lashiel

« Reply #448 on: Sun, 29 November 2015, 20:23:40 »

There's always hope to get more orders, reach the next MOQ price bracket, and include extra keys for free.

I'm sure this has been mentioned earlier, but a quick skim of the thread didn't turn it up. What would these potential extra keys be?

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #449 on: Sun, 29 November 2015, 20:39:18 »

I'm sure this has been mentioned earlier, but a quick skim of the thread didn't turn it up. What would these potential extra keys be?

It will depend on what is possible under the new budget, but the potential keys are as followed.

Base Set: DE ISO keys, as seen on the original Skidata keyboard.
Colour Pack: Navigational cluster, Numpad, more Orange on Blue keys such as a 1u Code key.