Author Topic: [GB] GMK SKIDATA+ R1 Complete [Closed]  (Read 1467958 times)

Offline awhitedev

Re: [GB] GMK SKIDATA+ (MOQ Met, Order Now)
« Reply #350 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 08:57:22 »
This may be a dumb question but how do the relegendable keycaps work? Do I need to purchase special tiles that fit in there... are people just cutting out card stock and putting it in there? I'd imagine that would look pretty ghetto.

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #351 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 09:17:58 »
why is the price so damn high

Because... it has a lot of keys, rarely produced, color also unique
MANY reasons
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #352 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 09:20:44 »

Given the number of keys in the set,  is it?

Offline darkclone24

« Reply #353 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 09:34:02 »

Given the number of keys in the set,  is it?

Exactly, it's a lot of keys. But also, GMK are sorting the caps I believe, which will save time and help prevent mistakes during shipping.
RS84 67g Zealio Purple | Choc Mini MX Black | WASD V2 MX Clear | Golbat 78g Zealio Purple | Duck Octagon V2 MX Clear

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #354 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 10:32:08 »

its GMK. has a lot of keys. compatible with many layout. minim light bleed. GMK promised a high QC on this set. binge and katzen raffle :p. and many more i think.
and if i compare with other keyset i think GMK SKIDATA+ quite cheap. you paid $145 for keyset that compatible with almost every layout of board.
lets comparing with keyset from other company, you must buy base set, numpad, isokit, adapterkit, when you sum it all, almost $150++ and the adapterkit not complete like SKIDATA+. trust me!~
while GMK offer only $145 and you get a keyset with almost compatible for all layout.

:thumb:

This may be a dumb question but how do the relegendable keycaps work? Do I need to purchase special tiles that fit in there... are people just cutting out card stock and putting it in there? I'd imagine that would look pretty ghetto.

yeah i think the simple way is just cutting out card stock or paper or anything and putting in there, just like in fastfood restaurant :))
« Last Edit: Sat, 21 November 2015, 10:47:48 by gadzkun »

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #355 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 13:44:17 »

its GMK. has a lot of keys. compatible with many layout. minim light bleed. GMK promised a high QC on this set. binge and katzen raffle :p . and many more i think.
and if i compare with other keyset i think GMK SKIDATA+ quite cheap. you paid $145 for keyset that compatible with almost every layout of board.
lets comparing with keyset from other company, you must buy base set, numpad, isokit, adapterkit, when you sum it all, almost $150++ and the adapterkit not complete like SKIDATA+. trust me!~
while GMK offer only $145 and you get a keyset with almost compatible for all layout.

:thumb:

yeah i think the simple way is just cutting out card stock or paper or anything and putting in there, just like in fastfood restaurant :))

I think NorrisB reference is on other recent GMK buys with similar layouts and different pricing.
« Last Edit: Sat, 21 November 2015, 13:49:14 by ideus »

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #356 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 16:44:36 »
The relegendables are a 10.5 mm x 12.5 mm (W x H) platform with a translucent cover on top.

I'll see if I can cobble together some pics and a template for people to work with.
Should be fun for those that want to design some custom graphics. ;)

Any suggestions as to what file to use? I don't have access to Photoshop and I was thinking of just using MS Excel.
« Last Edit: Sat, 21 November 2015, 16:48:17 by JaccoW »
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline Glenmael

« Reply #357 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 17:23:24 »

You can use these as an example:

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=23454.msg451806#msg451806

(this is not my work, but these are the ones I use for references/editing etc., kudos to TheSoulhunter)

Offline priyadi

« Reply #358 on: Sun, 22 November 2015, 00:31:17 »
I've already explained that they are very easy to come by, just post in the classifieds. GMK Ivan Dolch, GMK Sky Dolch, and some other sets came with these keys, and a lot of people, including myself, do not use these keys.

I've already sold my set to someone on classifieds, otherwise I would just sell you it. Just make a post and you'll come across those keys in no time. :thumb:

Will try the classifieds later for those elusive N9 blanks. Thanks for the heads up. But there's absolutely no alternative for the orange set out there :(.

Meanwhile I decided to go ahead and ordered a base & color set anyway. Still wishing they will come with those blanks, though  :D ;D :D ;D
Boards: Filco TKL+HID Liberation, Infinity 60%, Sentraq S60-X, Whitefox, Ergodox, Planck.
Member of the flat keyboard society.
Keycap manifesto: "Key sets without vendor neutral Super key are worthless"

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #359 on: Sun, 22 November 2015, 06:23:52 »
I've already explained that they are very easy to come by, just post in the classifieds. GMK Ivan Dolch, GMK Sky Dolch, and some other sets came with these keys, and a lot of people, including myself, do not use these keys.

I've already sold my set to someone on classifieds, otherwise I would just sell you it. Just make a post and you'll come across those keys in no time. :thumb:

Will try the classifieds later for those elusive N9 blanks. Thanks for the heads up. But there's absolutely no alternative for the orange set out there :(.

Meanwhile I decided to go ahead and ordered a base & color set anyway. Still wishing they will come with those blanks, though  :D ;D :D ;D

He doesn't want to include them because he doesn't need them personally and so he thinks noone else does.  I've had an ad on classifieds for a week and PM'd various people trying to buy them.  Noone wants to sell because they need them.  But they're not included in this set.  I've also contacted Originative, EK, and MK.  None of them have any for sale.

So don't make the error of thinking they are easy to come by.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline priyadi

« Reply #360 on: Sun, 22 November 2015, 09:48:27 »
He doesn't want to include them because he doesn't need them personally and so he thinks noone else does.  I've had an ad on classifieds for a week and PM'd various people trying to buy them.  Noone wants to sell because they need them.  But they're not included in this set.  I've also contacted Originative, EK, and MK.  None of them have any for sale.

So don't make the error of thinking they are easy to come by.

Yeah, I guess a lot of people will not want to sell caps that came as a part of a set, that will complicate selling, etc. I also live 'overseas', and getting those can be relatively very expensive. So, I'm still hoping for maybe some sort of adhoc arrangement to get those elusive caps.
Boards: Filco TKL+HID Liberation, Infinity 60%, Sentraq S60-X, Whitefox, Ergodox, Planck.

Offline awhitedev

« Reply #361 on: Sun, 22 November 2015, 12:09:44 »
Hey another question... What's the expected production schedule like? I know the GB site says production should start in January. Does that mean we can expect this to be complete and shipped sometime in March / April?

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #362 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 17:56:28 »
Order Placed!!

SKIDATA+ Base Set:
SKIDATA+ Colour Pack:
SKIDATA+ Grey Spacebars (6.25x + 7x):
SKIDATA+ Orange Spacebars (6.25x + 7x):

Soooo looking forward to this set!

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #363 on: Tue, 24 November 2015, 00:20:45 »
Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Production date is still being confirmed, will post if I get a finalized answer, but these things aren't guaranteed unless we've already paid, so it could be a little postponed from our January estimation, I'll find out.

We still need more Relegendables orders.

Relegendables work by cutting paper and putting it underneath, as people have pointed out. It's very cool. :)

I'm a little busy these few days, but I'll get back to answer questions in a prompt manner soon.

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #364 on: Tue, 24 November 2015, 00:39:20 »

Production date is still being confirmed, will post if I get a finalized answer, but these things aren't guaranteed unless we've already paid, so it could be a little postponed from our January estimation, I'll find out.

Relegendables work by cutting paper and putting it underneath, as people have pointed out. It's very cool. :)

I'm a little busy these few days, but I'll get back to answer questions in a prompt manner soon.

I'm gonna put your photo on each of the relegendables on my keyboard
cos you're a legend
get that?;) so hype for the set! ITS HAPPENING
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #365 on: Tue, 24 November 2015, 05:24:26 »

If nothing substantial happens with the relegendables numbers will you consider opening it up to people who didn't buy the entire kit?

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #366 on: Tue, 24 November 2015, 07:29:32 »
atleast if base kit can unlocked relegendable im interested in buying 1 set of relegendable :thumb:

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #367 on: Tue, 24 November 2015, 07:40:57 »
Is there any chance to get some space bars; even if not buying the main set?

Edit: I know that this sounds like crap, but I cannot afford this awesome set just now.

:-[ :-[
« Last Edit: Tue, 24 November 2015, 07:52:41 by ideus »

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #368 on: Tue, 24 November 2015, 17:36:05 »
Bolding this so people can see it: I will make an exception for Relegendables starting from now, and allow anyone who has a Base Set eligibility to add a Relegendables Set (or multiple) to their order.

That said, Zeal and I wouldn't be able to implement it on the site smoothly, so this will have to be a manual process, to add a RL set to your order (with existing Base Set), please do the following:
PM Zeal or me with your 1) Order Number, 2) Quantity of RL sets to add. This should be enough to change your order and add a set. Hope we can get more sets in like this. :thumb:

If nothing substantial happens with the relegendables numbers will you consider opening it up to people who didn't buy the entire kit?

atleast if base kit can unlocked relegendable im interested in buying 1 set of relegendable :thumb:

Great idea, I've been considering this ever since it has been brought up. The point is to not hurt the Colour Pack, but at this point, I don't think it would hurt it too much, as there is way more value in picking up the Colour Pack over the Relegendables Set.

I'm gonna put your photo on each of the relegendables on my keyboard
cos you're a legend
get that?;) so hype for the set! ITS HAPPENING

Hahahaha  ;D pls stop... lol,. You're making me blush. :llama:
Besides, I don't want your wife to get angry at me  :p Appreciate the support and kind words.  :-*

Is there any chance to get some space bars; even if not buying the main set?

Edit: I know that this sounds like crap, but I cannot afford this awesome set just now.

:-[ :-[

Honestly, spacebars aren't available as a standalone in order to protect their parent sets, hope this is understandable.

Please send me a PM to add a RL set to your order! It's VERY rare to see this set, and I hope to see more people on board. Sometimes it's very difficult to visualize what they look like, since they've never been made before with Orange top caps, but it will look very vibrant and fresh on your keyboards, imagine this but with Orange top caps (Clear ones are also included, so you have the choice). The addition of sideprinted F-row legends from GMK on the caps will add to the authenticity of it being the same as the OG Skidata.

They will be the same as the F5 to F8 keys, but with colour-matched SKIDATA+ orange.

Also, will have more details to reveal about the KatzenKinder Capworks SKIDATA+ caps very soon! They're looking very, very good.
« Last Edit: Tue, 24 November 2015, 17:46:25 by Karura »

Offline kinglukas38

• Do you even tactile?
« Reply #369 on: Tue, 24 November 2015, 18:43:17 »
tempted to get the relegendables now
I've never done it before, but I'm pretty sure I'm good at it

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #370 on: Tue, 24 November 2015, 20:09:51 »
PM Sent for RL set :p :thumb:

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #371 on: Tue, 24 November 2015, 20:56:01 »
PM Sent for RL set :p :thumb:

Invoice sent!

I have now figured out how to manually add RL sets to existing orders, so just let me know and I will have it added ASAP. :thumb:

Offline Glenmael

« Reply #372 on: Tue, 24 November 2015, 22:03:33 »
Had to get this as a present for my bday, but finally made it (back in):

SKIDATA+ Base Set: ✓
SKIDATA+ Colour Pack: ✓
SKIDATA+ Grey Spacebars (6.25x + 7x): ✓
SKIDATA+ Orange Spacebars (6.25x + 7x): ✓
SKIDATA+ Relegendables Set: ✓

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
  • Colour my life with the chaos of trouble
« Reply #373 on: Tue, 24 November 2015, 22:51:01 »
SKIDATA+ Colour Pack: ✓
SKIDATA+ Relegendables Set: ✓

just paid  :eek:
email: yuktsi@ttggrr.cc

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #374 on: Tue, 24 November 2015, 23:24:23 »
Would you like to enter the free artisan raffle? : ✓ 

:p

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #375 on: Wed, 25 November 2015, 22:42:47 »
I'm doing my best to reply to PMs within 24 hours, but there are a lot of PMs lately.

If there is anything related to order changes, or order additions, please include your order number to speed things up. Thanks!

Also some updates, Relegendables are now going to meet MOQ, I've sorted it out. To be frank, if they don't meet MOQ, I'll just buy them out myself. I need these made regardless, but please help me out and buy some if you want some while they are still priced at GB pricing, expect a price hike afterwards. It will be more afterwards. That said, I do hope to see more RL orders, as this is very difficult for me to take on alone, but I need it to happen.

I'm also happy to announce, I have prepared a secret present with every Base Set and Colour Pack order, but I won't be revealing it just yet.

Production will roughly be 6 weeks starting from January, but I have no solid dates to announce.

5 days to go~ ^-^

Spread the word, order up :)
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 November 2015, 01:46:59 by Karura »

Offline lashiel

« Reply #376 on: Wed, 25 November 2015, 22:51:39 »
I miiiiight buy into this on payday. I initially wasn't the hugest fan of the colorway, but that picture of the skidata board with the blue offsetting the the orange  :-\ So pretty. And it is a very well designed set...

Offline Glenmael

« Reply #377 on: Thu, 26 November 2015, 00:26:26 »
I miiiiight buy into this on payday. I initially wasn't the hugest fan of the colorway, but that picture of the skidata board with the blue offsetting the the orange  :-\ So pretty. And it is a very well designed set...

Do it :)

Offline lashiel

« Reply #378 on: Thu, 26 November 2015, 00:57:34 »

Cease, you tempter.

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #379 on: Thu, 26 November 2015, 01:55:52 »

Cease, you tempter.

go do it :)

Offline wodan

« Reply #380 on: Thu, 26 November 2015, 02:33:59 »
Just to add to the hype here pals, I'm using an ISO-DE OG Cherry Skidata set right meow and it's just the smoothest set I've got. I am still participating in the drop but mostly for the bottom line, capslock and r_shift. That's how much I like this color scheme :)

This is for Karura :
http://i.imgur.com/GIsJcgT.jpg
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 November 2015, 05:18:10 by wodan »

Offline priyadi

« Reply #381 on: Thu, 26 November 2015, 02:55:22 »
I'm also happy to announce, I have prepared a secret present with every Base Set and Colour Pack order, but I won't be revealing it just yet.

I hope that secret present will be in the form of 2x1.25u & 2x1u R4 blanks.  :D :D :D

Offline Glenmael

« Reply #382 on: Thu, 26 November 2015, 04:11:59 »

Cease, you tempter.

Ah how the tables have turned :)

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #383 on: Thu, 26 November 2015, 07:27:43 »
I'm doing my best to reply to PMs within 24 hours, but there are a lot of PMs lately.

If there is anything related to order changes, or order additions, please include your order number to speed things up. Thanks!

Also some updates, Relegendables are now going to meet MOQ, I've sorted it out. To be frank, if they don't meet MOQ, I'll just buy them out myself. I need these made regardless, but please help me out and buy some if you want some while they are still priced at GB pricing, expect a price hike afterwards. It will be more afterwards. That said, I do hope to see more RL orders, as this is very difficult for me to take on alone, but I need it to happen.

Production will roughly be 6 weeks starting from January, but I have no solid dates to announce.

5 days to go~ ^-^

Spread the word, order up :)

Great news Karura

Can't wait to see what you have in store for us

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #384 on: Thu, 26 November 2015, 08:19:44 »
Sweet cuppin' cakes. Finally joined.

Would you like to enter the free artisan raffle? : ✓
Base Set: ✓
Colour Pack: ✓
Grey Spacebars (6.25x + 7x): ✓

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #385 on: Thu, 26 November 2015, 08:19:52 »
I ain't rich enough to get one set, but I hope you "deep-pockets" enjoy the GMK goodness in this set.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #386 on: Thu, 26 November 2015, 08:21:37 »
I ain't rich enough to get one set, but I hope you "deep-pockets" enjoy the GMK goodness in this set.

I had to sell some things to join. :(

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #387 on: Thu, 26 November 2015, 08:24:14 »

An arm and a leg? ... No wait, your soul is better.

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #388 on: Thu, 26 November 2015, 10:02:48 »

Show Image

since i cant sell my soul to the devil.
so i sell my kidney to the doctor instead :))

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #389 on: Thu, 26 November 2015, 10:09:24 »

Show Image

since i cant sell my soul to the devil.
so i sell my kidney to the doctor instead :))

Yup, I am now missing and arm and a leg.

This is my 5th GMK group buy this year, and I have only received one set so far.

Offline Pdub

« Reply #390 on: Thu, 26 November 2015, 13:46:50 »
Wow. :cool: What a set. I almost want to get it just to try and get more binge caps.

Offline DAVYtm

• #dateless
« Reply #391 on: Thu, 26 November 2015, 17:15:32 »
Wow. :cool: What a set. I almost want to get it just to try and get more binge caps.

Was considering the same. SKIDATA with matching Binge hnghhh

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #392 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 04:19:02 »
Three more days!

Will be posting new photos tomorrow. :)

Offline Glenmael

« Reply #393 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 04:42:50 »
Three more days!

Will be posting new photos tomorrow. :)

Congratulations, exciting times!

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #394 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 10:31:14 »
Met up with Zeal yesterday and we had a photoshoot!

« Last Edit: Sun, 29 November 2015, 20:00:48 by Karura »

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #395 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 10:36:05 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

HOLY!!!!  :-X

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #396 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 10:48:10 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Effing eff eff. That is amazing!

Are those the prototype keys?

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #397 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 10:51:30 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

GMK does not have prototype keys, they are the original Skidata (and a few pieces from CO). :)

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #398 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 10:53:31 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

GMK does not have prototype keys, they are the original Skidata (and a few pieces from CO). :)

Looks amazing,  love the toothache cap,  haha...  Hi C would look cool too.  So would orangesicle ;)

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #399 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 10:54:20 »
Looks amazing,  love the toothache cap,  haha...  Hi C would look cool too.  So would orangesicle ;)

Tsk tsk, just rub it in, will you!!! I'm sure it'll look AMAZING with Orangesicle. ;)