Author Topic: [GB] GMK SKIDATA+ R1 Complete [Closed]  (Read 1467888 times)

Offline m1kehonch0

Re: [GB] GMK SKIDATA+ (Currently in Production)
« Reply #850 on: Wed, 25 May 2016, 01:55:10 »
Working on extras right now. Hope to get it up tonight. :)

Also updated the photo of the bonus keys!

Show Image

I'm definitely in if there are extras to be had :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline twiddle

• Portfolio
Re: [GB] GMK SKIDATA+ (Production complete - in QC and Sorting)
« Reply #851 on: Wed, 25 May 2016, 04:41:02 »
I'm definitely in if there are extras to be had :-)

Likewise. I'm really hoping that they don't all go while us Aussies are in bed :P

Offline UTEster750

« Reply #852 on: Wed, 25 May 2016, 04:54:15 »
It's finally getting almost there! :D

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #853 on: Wed, 25 May 2016, 04:56:40 »
Hey everyone, just a quick update before I call it for the night.

Extras are now live! I repeat... EXTRAS ARE NOW LIVE!
https://zealpc.net/products/skidata

Check the OP for an updated post with a link to the ZealPC shop.
Bonus keys will be given out depending on the sets you order, more info in the OP.

Also, GMK has notified me that SKIDATA+ keysets are now fully produced and are in the QC and sorting stage. Next step will be bulk shipping to us.

I want to thank everyone again for your participation and enthusiasm. It's been 18 months since I first started this project, and I can't believe it's finally approaching completion.
We really couldn't have done this without everyone's efforts, so I just wanted to take this moment to thank everyone again. ;) Good night.

-K
« Last Edit: Wed, 25 May 2016, 04:58:16 by Karura »

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline UTEster750

« Reply #854 on: Wed, 25 May 2016, 04:59:27 »

Bonus keys will be given out depending on the sets you order, more info in the OP.

Also, GMK has notified me that SKIDATA+ keysets are now fully produced and are in the QC and sorting stage. Next step will be bulk shipping to us.

I want to thank everyone again for your participation and enthusiasm. It's been 18 months since I first started this project, and I can't believe it's finally approaching completion.
We really couldn't have done this without everyone's efforts, so I just wanted to take this moment to thank everyone again. ;) Good night.

-K

Thanks for creating this awesome set! :D

Offline cmd

-K
That was one hell of a mark-up there karura... still went in though!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Offline WNovizar

NO SHIPPING TO MY COUNTRY?!?!?!?!?! WHYYYYY?!?!??!
I like mechanical keyboards

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
Picked up the colour pack  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline skuko

holy mother of pricing, i am hovering my mouse on checkout, contemplating the worth of plastic :O

Offline m1kehonch0

holy mother of pricing, i am hovering my mouse on checkout, contemplating the worth of plastic :O
Yeah that was literally the most expensive set I've ever bought.

Offline m1kehonch0

-K
That was one hell of a mark-up there karura... still went in though!

No kidding. That was damn near 50% marked up! Wth man

Offline cmd

More expensive than originative (hard to top)

Offline m1kehonch0

More expensive than originative (hard to top)

Marking it up for someone who just got in to a buy that's lasted 18 months, yeah I can get with that. I feel the rate at which it was marked up a tad rapacious. 

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
Talk about a markup holy ****.

Offline soilheart

No markup on the spacebars =D (and the markup on the relegendables was acceptable). I'm happy 😊
(K70 -  Brown) --- Pok3r - Clear --- Ducky Shine4 - Clear --- WKL B.face X2 - 67g Zealios --- CP-SQ - 78g Zealios --- RS68 - 62g Zealios
(Sold/retired - To be built)

Offline WNovizar

Now finally I am able to order color pack. Thanks zeal and karura! The color pack markup is at least manageable to me...:D
I like mechanical keyboards

Offline skuko

personally, i'm disappoint.

i was looking forward to the extras, but 304 dollars is excessive. i understand the markup, but it's too much for me.

oh well.

edit: come to think of it, i have another 3 gmk sets coming, maybe i should stop hoarding.

Offline Data

These prices...

Offline cmd

These prices...
Reeeeeeeeep

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
Is it possible to laugh someone off the forum? Those prices are crazy. **** like this makes me want to say adios to the forum and sell almost everything keyboard related I own. What happened to the sense of community?

I could be completely off base because I don't know what the original group buy price was, but I have purchased many a GMK sets and they were all about $50-80 cheaper than this, even after a slight markup....

:mad:
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline Data

Is it possible to laugh someone off the forum? Those prices are crazy. **** like this makes me want to say adios to the forum and sell almost everything keyboard related I own. What happened to the sense of community?

I could be completely off base because I don't know what the original group buy price was, but I have purchased many a GMK sets and they were all about $50-80 cheaper than this, even after a slight markup....

FYI, the original prices are still in the OP.

Pricing per set:
Base Set: $145
Colour Pack: $68
Grey Spacebars (6.25x + 7x): $7
Orange Spacebars (6.25x + 7x): $7
Relegendables Set: $55

CONUS shipping: $6 to $12
INTL shipping: $18 to $25
No additional GB fees.
Sorting is included with every set.

All pricing in USD.

Offline m1kehonch0

Agree with you. It's a ~38% markup

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
So base set marked up 38%, Color pack marked up 32%, and relegendables marked  up 36%.  Those "group buy" prices were already higher than normal GMK prices by a decent margin.

Offline Data

Free market, Karura can charge whatever the hell he wants.  /shrug

Too rich for my blood.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
Free market, Karura can charge whatever the hell he wants.  /shrug

Too rich for my blood.

Agreed. Maybe he wants to buy an artisan from me for $400 so I can buy his Skidata set  :p

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.

Your emotions about this are understandable; but, you should keep everything within logical boundaries, from that perspective, to assume that everything within GH is motivated by a sense of community is just wrong and extremely naïve. A good markup is what makes a good business, even if you have to put a sock on the sense of community, or even worst, profiting on the interest of us, a bunch of geeks, for specialty key cap sets like this one; if, you asked someone within the plastics industry sector, this forum could be the place where you can sell injection molded parts at the highest price per pound possible.

Offline Jumie

Sigh... I was sooo excited about extras months ago, until I saw the mark up... :(

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
I would expect 10-15% or so, but the numbers speak for themselves. Even Mass drop only raises prices to make 15% off of their buys.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
to assume that everything within GH is motivated by a sense of community is just wrong and extremely naïve. A good markup is what makes a good business
Undebatable, but I then wonder why vendors are confined in their own tiny subforums with little visibility. Ultimately, anyone, anywhere will earn profit by group buys in various ways.
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline Data

Your emotions about this are understandable; but, you should keep everything within logical boundaries, from that perspective, to assume that everything within GH is motivated by a sense of community is just wrong and extremely naïve. A good markup is what makes a good business, even if you have to put a sock on the sense of community, or even worst, profiting on the interest of us, a bunch of geeks, for specialty key cap sets like this one; if, you asked someone within the plastics industry sector, this forum could be the place where you can sell injection molded parts at the highest price per pound possible.

To be fair, SKIDATA+ was a group buy, not a direct sale.  Profits and "business" go out the window and it's all about the community.  I suspect this group buy wouldn't have happened at all if not for these extras, what with GMK's notorious MOQ limits.  So it's not hard to apply/continue the community-centered approach to selling the extras too.  Most of us expected some mark-up, but this is... shocking to say the least.  I hope there are only a few extras, because I don't think he'll sell many at this price.  Maybe I'm wrong.

Edit: Only 1 + in SKIDATA+
« Last Edit: Wed, 25 May 2016, 12:10:36 by Data »

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
Let's try and get Mass drop to do a round two.

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.

Now finally I am able to order color pack. Thanks zeal and karura! The color pack markup is at least manageable to me...:D

Good morning!

I'm glad you could figure it out. :thumb:

The only country that is not an option right now is China, because I've been working directly with a proxy organizer (Irisviel is the official SKIDATA+ Chinese/Korean proxy) that is bulk shipping orders over. So just a reminder to my Chinese friends that you can get a better shipping deal if you order from the proxy.

Offline ipreferpie

Good morning!

The only country that is not an option right now is China, because I've been working directly with a proxy organizer (Irisviel is the official SKIDATA+ Chinese/Korean proxy) that is bulk shipping orders over. So just a reminder to my Chinese friends that you can get a better shipping deal if you order from the proxy.

So I'm in Hong Kong and ordered from Zeal. Should I do it through the your China proxy to save time and costs? Also afraid to lose out on relegendables since I ordered early

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
[GB] GMK SKIDATA+ (Production complete/QC and Sorting) + EXTRAS AVAILABLE
« Reply #883 on: Wed, 25 May 2016, 12:00:47 »

Good morning!

So I'm in Hong Kong and ordered from Zeal. Should I do it through the your China proxy to save time and costs? Also afraid to lose out on relegendables since I ordered early

Hong Kong is fine; better to order directly.

The problem with China is reliability, so to ensure that individual packages will not get lost, I've chosen to work with a proxy and bulk ship via a more reliable courier.

HK is a great place and I'm sure you'll have no problems with it. :)

Offline ipreferpie

Good morning!

Hong Kong is fine; better to order directly.

The problem with China is reliability, so to ensure that packaged will not get lost, I've chosen to work with a proxy and bulk ship via a more reliable courier.

HK is a great place and I'm sure you'll have no problems with it. :)

Great! Thanks for that :)

Offline skuko

so Karura, what's up with the huge markup? unless it's a secret. 55 dollars markup on the base set seems excessive to me, if it was like 20-30, i would most likely go for it.

Offline oatmicro

Well, at least I did well that tried to wait.

seems like have to say goodbye to skidata ;D

Offline derpingit

thanks for running this GB.. alas, i will not be joining the Extras buy.. 300 for a full set is a no go for me.

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
so Karura, what's up with the huge markup? unless it's a secret. 55 dollars markup on the base set seems excessive to me, if it was like 20-30, i would most likely go for it.

I'm very glad you asked. Thank you for asking, really.

It's very easy to look at the pricing, without any understanding of the extent it took to make this happen, and jump to conclusions.

I really don't enjoy going in-depth about just exactly what it took to make this happen -- because I enjoy having a positive environment so we can focus our energies on something we're passionate about (Geekhack/keyboards are a fun hobby and honestly a break from real life for many of us), but in this situation, I feel that I absolutely need to elaborate and explain.

SKIDATA+ was really not meant to happen, under any circumstances, and you wouldn't know that or what goes on behind the scenes if you weren't involved with it.

To put things into perspective, SKIDATA+ was really only just a distant dream, as all I knew at the time was that 1) I like the OG Skidata keyboard's keyset but it does not have any standard ANSI support, and 2) Charred Orange is severely flawed (look at the incorrect Tab legend, look at the light bleed issues) and that is unacceptable for my standards, as the OG Skidata's quality was a lot better.

I knew that someone had to step up to design a set that would satisfy the most discerning enthusiast's needs and desires (you'll see that I've addressed all of this), and I knew that NOTHING on the market was good enough.

On top of this, GMK Triumph Adler had just been released by MassDrop, and it was riddled quality issues -- scratches on the keycaps (due to GMK's loose tray design, as well as MassDrop's over-sized box, lack of padding, and poor shipping practices from their fulfillment warehouse), HUGE light bleed/translucent issues (really a joke if you were to use it with backlit LEDs), as well as uneven doubleshot plastic legends that was obvious even to the naked eye. People were really beginning to lose faith with GMK's ability to produce good quality keysets, and believed that only the OG Cherry and Skidata doubleshots were good enough.

Despite all the negativity surrounding GMK's quality at the time, I sat down, carefully thought about this for a very long time, and came to a conscious decision that I will set out to create the be-all and end-all set that would satisfy my own utmost obsessive standards, and thus, began the journey to realizing the dream of creating SKIDATA+. Little did I know how foolish and moronic it was to travel down this path, but allow me to tell you my story.

The first hurdle was very straight forward yet puzzling, because I didn't know what to do. PayPal is against all forms of "pre-order" business, and simply will not allow you to take pre-orders, period. Once you start receiving funds into your account, PayPal demands that you show proof of order fulfillment via shipping tracking, otherwise they will simply lock your account indefinitely.

This was when I turned to ZealPC and requested/begged to see if he would lend me his payment platform to use, because ZealPC is a reliable and upstanding vendor with a positive track record, and I knew that if I were to trust anyone, it would have to be ZealPC and no one else.
To my surprise, out pure kindness and generosity of his heart, Zeal had agreed to offer me his shop and payment platform with his FULL SUPPORT at absolutely no cuts or fees.

Really, it was so touching that he would be so upfront and eager to support the project, if only for the sake of helping the community have a chance at obtaining a better keyset than what was currently available. To this day, I still do not know why Zeal agreed to help, but he must have been so moved by my passion and dedication towards creating such an ambitious keyset that it resonated with him.

Without ZealPC's support, SKIDATA+ would have been over before it even got off the ground.

With the payment method taken care of, there was still the issue of improving upon GMK's then-current production issues. To determine and document the issues, I had obtained as many GMK and Cherry keysets as I could: GMK Hyperfuse, GMK Dolch (Ivan), GMK Dolch (Originative), OG Dolch, two sets of OG Skidata, OG Cherry WoB, OG Cherry Beige, GMK Triumph Adler, GMK EK Red Esc/Mod Keys are some that I can recall right now.

In order to provide GMK with objective and empirical evidence, I had to Keyboard Science the **** out of everything, and thus spent countless man hours testing EVERY keyset with backlit keyboards, a 1200 Lumens flashlight, and meticulously photo-documented all my findings with a high MP DSLR and a sharp lens.

Indeed, there were consistent characteristics with GMK's more recent productions of having issues with the keycaps being more translucent (causing lightbleed), less saturated, and having worse contrast than some of their older productions.

In the end, I was able to effectively communicate with GMK and explain the shortcomings I've observed in their more recent productions, and specified the improvements required for SKIDATA+ to be the highest quality set that GMK is capable of producing.

As the result of my tireless labour, GMK has now successfully reformulated their plastic to address every one of the issues and concerns I've brought up with them, with the new reformulated plastic being every bit as good as the old vintage stuff, if not even better.

Most importantly, the Extras contain a 4.5% Paypal fee that is included in the pricing. During the GB, it was tacked on top of it. You have to keep in mind that many fees in 2016 have increased, and this is factored in the costs. Eventually, the Extras that aren't sold in the US during this period will have to be brought back to Canada, for a 18.5% Canadian Import Tax (as per Canadian Border Regulations) on top of its value.

USPS is now charging more for boxes, and Paypal has increased its fees to 4.5%. (Once again, the Extras are not charged this fee, it is included).

A lot has changed, and I really wish more people would have ordered during the GB period when the fees were lower. It would have been better for everyone, but alas, you must understand people's reluctance to join group buys... it really isn't anyone's fault due to the way things have been going around here.

Last but not least, there was really no way we were going to meet MOQ, and I've had to take a big financial risk to exert absolutely all of my resources to make this happen. I assure you, it was not a small undertaking and required a lot of personal sacrifice to make happen.

Let that sink in for a moment.

We really weren't supposed to have SKIDATA+ become a reality, but I have never lost sight of my foolish dreams of making this a reality for both myself and our community, and against all odds, have made the impossible happen. There were too many reasons to give up, but I never faltered.

Once the GMK boxes arrive at radio_killah's house in the US, each and every one of these orders will be carefully handpacked by a keyboard enthusiast with love (shoutout to my fellow enthusiasts that have volunteered to help out, you know who you are), and really, there really isn't a more purely "community-oriented" group buy effort than this.

Everyone is free to make their decisions, but I will not stand to be disrespected and ridiculed by the suggestions of "running a Round 2 of SKIDATA+ on MassDrop" blatant ripoff, as that is belittling the time put into layout designs and my contributions to improving GMK's production quality, as well as disrespecting the numerous community members that have contributed to making SKIDATA+ happen.

Every single process of the group buy, from graphic design, photography, consultation, administration, customer service, brainstorming, artisan making (special thanks to Binge and KatzenKinder), shipping, packing and distribution has and will remain 100% handled by either myself or one of our community members.

You can rest assured knowing that everything from SKIDATA+ will not only be of the highest quality, but handled by people that care and understand you. If there are ever any problems, we will not hesitate to take care of it and make it right. You have my word for it.

I feel that for the tireless efforts and contributions put into making SKIDATA+ the set it is today, it is very reasonably priced for what you are getting.

I've gotten a lot appreciative PMs and emails from people who understand the amount of work put into making this happen, and I absolutely want to thank you guys for your tireless support. It is truly appreciated and I really want to stress that it wouldn't have happened without everyone's efforts.
« Last Edit: Wed, 25 May 2016, 17:54:07 by Karura »

Offline derpingit

wow. thank you for the very thoughtful, insightful response to pricing concerns.. I apologize if my previous comment ticked you off. it was coming from a place that thinks 300 is maybe a bit to much (for me).. now i know better, and hope to be able to pickup one of your extras before they go bye bye... it really is a beautiful set.
also, thank you for the heads up "pm".. now i feel like a total duuch.

kind regards,
the derpingit..

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
wow. thank you for the very thoughtful, insightful response to pricing concerns.. I apologize if my previous comment ticked you off. it was coming from a place that thinks 300 is maybe a bit to much (for me).. now i know better, and hope to be able to pickup one of your extras before they go bye bye... it really is a beautiful set.
also, thank you for the heads up "pm".. now i feel like a total duuch.

kind regards,
the derpingit..

I'm very glad and happy to have your supportive thoughts. I understand it's not a small amount of money, but I really hope it'll be of good value if you get a chance to join.

Thanks again for your kind words, and really don't worry about it, no offense taken!

Cheers

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
thank you for the write-up karura. still a bit expensive for me to join, though I might consider doing the color pack and an og skidata set. I really admire the amount of time and effort you've put into this.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline Tmeee

[GB] GMK SKIDATA+ (Production complete/QC and Sorting) + EXTRAS AVAILABLE
« Reply #892 on: Wed, 25 May 2016, 20:24:35 »
145$..... congratulations, you want to get rich this time
Now,$200
« Last Edit: Wed, 25 May 2016, 20:28:48 by Tmeee »
Waiting for TGR-910......

Offline frostylove

Just realize I am so lucky to join the GB before it ends last year   :blank:
Suhr Custom Standard Carve Top
Manson DL-1 Matt Bellamy Signature
Marshall JVM410H + 1960A
Lovepedal Kanji Enternity

Offline shower_king

• Pain is weakness leaving your body
now i feel so fortunate to have participated in skidata GB during the GB period, since the markup is too high for me (i am poor and like hoarding GMK)

oh my God.you help GMK to impove the quality of these double-shot keys, am i right?. great work. GMK has a plan to change and remold their moulds for keys due to some flaws.

light-bleeding may not arise due to low-quality in mould or materials but the different materials characteristics used for double-shot.

formula in double-shot, different materials , aging moulds and other factors all contribute to the light-bleeding , crooked legend and other flaws.
However, all these should be shared by all the participants in this GB and illustrate in  the markup and in your profit?
All in all , you have done great work and i appreciated this and do this worthwhile appallingly high price? i don't know.
« Last Edit: Wed, 25 May 2016, 21:56:16 by shower_king »

Offline Tmeee

now i feel so fortunate to have parcipated in skidata GB during the GB period, since the markup is too high for me (i am poor and like hoarding GMK)

oh my God.you help GMK to impove the quality of these double-shot keys, am i right?. great work. GMK has a plan to change and remold their moulds for keys due to some flaws.

light-bleeding may not arise due to low-quality in mould or materials but the different materials characteristics used for double-shot.

formula in double-shot, different materials , aging moulds and other factors all contribute to the light-bleeding , crooked legend and other flaws.
However, all these should be shared by all the participants in this GB and illustrate in  the markup?
All in all , you have done great work and i appreciated this and do this worthwhile appallingly high price? i don't know.
We all have an idea of how much a GMK key set will cost.So the extra bucks we paid is for labor,as well as intelligence.Labor and intelligence are priceless.
Waiting for TGR-910......

Offline ba7777

So glad I joined the GB.

Offline shower_king

• Pain is weakness leaving your body
now i feel so fortunate to have parcipated in skidata GB during the GB period, since the markup is too high for me (i am poor and like hoarding GMK)

However, all these should be shared by all the participants in this GB and illustrate in  the markup?
We all have an idea of how much a GMK key set will cost.So the extra bucks we paid is for labor,as well as intelligence.Labor and intelligence are priceless.
almost agree ,but not all.
the skidata's labor in the GB community and the intelligence used by karura to improve quality for these keycaps is priceless and of cource these could and should be illustrated in the markup and profit in this GB for rewarding they have done. however put the price too high beyond someone's ability is another. i don't disregard karura and his team. on opposite side ,i show my greatest respect to him and his team for great work.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.

I'm very glad you asked. Thank you for asking, really.

It's very easy to look at the pricing, without any understanding of the extent it took to make this happen, and jump to conclusions.

I really don't enjoy going in-depth about just exactly what it took to make this happen -- because I enjoy having a positive environment so we can focus our energies on something we're passionate about (Geekhack/keyboards are a fun hobby and honestly a break from real life for many of us), but in this situation, I feel that I absolutely need to elaborate and explain.

SKIDATA+ was really not meant to happen, under any circumstances, and you wouldn't know that or what goes on behind the scenes if you weren't involved with it.

To put things into perspective, SKIDATA+ was really only just a distant dream, as all I knew at the time was that 1) I like the OG Skidata keyboard's keyset but it does not have any standard ANSI support, and 2) Charred Orange is severely flawed (look at the incorrect Tab legend, look at the light bleed issues) and that is unacceptable for my standards, as the OG Skidata's quality was a lot better.

I knew that someone had to step up to design a set that would satisfy the most discerning enthusiast's needs and desires (you'll see that I've addressed all of this), and I knew that NOTHING on the market was good enough.

On top of this, GMK Triumph Adler had just been released by MassDrop, and it was riddled quality issues -- scratches on the keycaps (due to GMK's loose tray design, as well as MassDrop's over-sized box, lack of padding, and poor shipping practices from their fulfillment warehouse), HUGE light bleed/translucent issues (really a joke if you were to use it with backlit LEDs), as well as uneven doubleshot plastic legends that was obvious even to the naked eye. People were really beginning to lose faith with GMK's ability to produce good quality keysets, and believed that only the OG Cherry and Skidata doubleshots were good enough.

Despite all the negativity surrounding GMK's quality at the time, I sat down, carefully thought about this for a very long time, and came to a conscious decision that I will set out to create the be-all and end-all set that would satisfy my own utmost obsessive standards, and thus, began the journey to realizing the dream of creating SKIDATA+. Little did I know how foolish and moronic it was to travel down this path, but allow me to tell you my story.

The first hurdle was very straight forward yet puzzling, because I didn't know what to do. PayPal is against all forms of "pre-order" business, and simply will not allow you to take pre-orders, period. Once you start receiving funds into your account, PayPal demands that you show proof of order fulfillment via shipping tracking, otherwise they will simply lock your account indefinitely.

This was when I turned to ZealPC and requested/begged to see if he would lend me his payment platform to use, because ZealPC is a reliable and upstanding vendor with a positive track record, and I knew that if I were to trust anyone, it would have to be ZealPC and no one else.
To my surprise, out pure kindness and generosity of his heart, Zeal had agreed to offer me his shop and payment platform with his FULL SUPPORT at absolutely no cuts or fees.

Really, it was so touching that he would be so upfront and eager to support the project, if only for the sake of helping the community have a chance at obtaining a better keyset than what was currently available. To this day, I still do not know why Zeal agreed to help, but he must have been so moved by my passion and dedication towards creating such an ambitious keyset that it resonated with him.

Without ZealPC's support, SKIDATA+ would have been over before it even got off the ground.

With the payment method taken care of, there was still the issue of improving upon GMK's then-current production issues. To determine and document the issues, I had obtained as many GMK and Cherry keysets as I could: GMK Hyperfuse, GMK Dolch (Ivan), GMK Dolch (Originative), OG Dolch, two sets of OG Skidata, OG Cherry WoB, OG Cherry Beige, GMK Triumph Adler, GMK EK Red Esc/Mod Keys are some that I can recall right now.

In order to provide GMK with objective and empirical evidence, I had to Keyboard Science the **** out of everything, and thus spent countless man hours testing EVERY keyset with backlit keyboards, a 1200 Lumens flashlight, and meticulously photo-documented all my findings with a high MP DSLR and a sharp lens.

Indeed, there were consistent characteristics with GMK's more recent productions of having issues with the keycaps being more translucent (causing lightbleed), less saturated, and having worse contrast than some of their older productions.

In the end, I was able to effectively communicate with GMK and explain the shortcomings I've observed in their more recent productions, and specified the improvements required for SKIDATA+ to be the highest quality set that GMK is capable of producing.

As the result of my tireless labour, GMK has now successfully reformulated their plastic to address every one of the issues and concerns I've brought up with them, with the new reformulated plastic being every bit as good as the old vintage stuff, if not even better.

Most importantly, the Extras contain a 4.5% Paypal fee that is included in the pricing. During the GB, it was tacked on top of it. You have to keep in mind that many fees in 2016 have increased, and this is factored in the costs. Eventually, the Extras that aren't sold in the US during this period will have to be brought back to Canada, for a 18.5% Canadian Import Tax (as per Canadian Border Regulations) on top of its value.

USPS is now charging more for boxes, and Paypal has increased its fees to 4.5%. (Once again, the Extras are not charged this fee, it is included).

A lot has changed, and I really wish more people would have ordered during the GB period when the fees were lower. It would have been better for everyone, but alas, you must understand people's reluctance to join group buys... it really isn't anyone's fault due to the way things have been going around here.

Last but not least, there was really no way we were going to meet MOQ, and I've had to take a big financial risk to exert absolutely all of my resources to make this happen. I assure you, it was not a small undertaking and required a lot of personal sacrifice to make happen.

Let that sink in for a moment.

We really weren't supposed to have SKIDATA+ become a reality, but I have never lost sight of my foolish dreams of making this a reality for both myself and our community, and against all odds, have made the impossible happen. There were too many reasons to give up, but I never faltered.

Once the GMK boxes arrive at radio_killah's house in the US, each and every one of these orders will be carefully handpacked by a keyboard enthusiast with love (shoutout to my fellow enthusiasts that have volunteered to help out, you know who you are), and really, there really isn't a more purely "community-oriented" group buy effort than this.

Everyone is free to make their decisions, but I will not stand to be disrespected and ridiculed by the suggestions of "running a Round 2 of SKIDATA+ on MassDrop" blatant ripoff, as that is belittling the time put into layout designs and my contributions to improving GMK's production quality, as well as disrespecting the numerous community members that have contributed to making SKIDATA+ happen.

Every single process of the group buy, from graphic design, photography, consultation, administration, customer service, brainstorming, artisan making (special thanks to Binge and KatzenKinder), shipping, packing and distribution has and will remain 100% handled by either myself or one of our community members.

You can rest assured knowing that everything from SKIDATA+ will not only be of the highest quality, but handled by people that care and understand you. If there are ever any problems, we will not hesitate to take care of it and make it right. You have my word for it.

I feel that for the tireless efforts and contributions put into making SKIDATA+ the set it is today, it is very reasonably priced for what you are getting.

I've gotten a lot appreciative PMs and emails from people who understand the amount of work put into making this happen, and I absolutely want to thank you guys for your tireless support. It is truly appreciated and I really want to stress that it wouldn't have happened without everyone's efforts.
But why male models?

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder

If labour and intelligence were priceless nobody would have jobs