Author Topic: [GB] GMK SKIDATA+ R1 Complete [Closed]  (Read 1467972 times)

Offline skuko

so Karura, what's up with the huge markup? unless it's a secret. 55 dollars markup on the base set seems excessive to me, if it was like 20-30, i would most likely go for it.

I'm very glad you asked. Thank you for asking, really.

It's very easy to look at the pricing, without any understanding of the extent it took to make this happen, and jump to conclusions.

I really don't enjoy going in-depth about just exactly what it took to make this happen -- because I enjoy having a positive environment so we can focus our energies on something we're passionate about (Geekhack/keyboards are a fun hobby and honestly a break from real life for many of us), but in this situation, I feel that I absolutely need to elaborate and explain.

SKIDATA+ was really not meant to happen, under any circumstances, and you wouldn't know that or what goes on behind the scenes if you weren't involved with it.

To put things into perspective, SKIDATA+ was really only just a distant dream, as all I knew at the time was that 1) I like the OG Skidata keyboard's keyset but it does not have any standard ANSI support, and 2) Charred Orange is severely flawed (look at the incorrect Tab legend, look at the light bleed issues) and that is unacceptable for my standards, as the OG Skidata's quality was a lot better.

I knew that someone had to step up to design a set that would satisfy the most discerning enthusiast's needs and desires (you'll see that I've addressed all of this), and I knew that NOTHING on the market was good enough.

On top of this, GMK Triumph Adler had just been released by MassDrop, and it was riddled quality issues -- scratches on the keycaps (due to GMK's loose tray design, as well as MassDrop's over-sized box, lack of padding, and poor shipping practices from their fulfillment warehouse), HUGE light bleed/translucent issues (really a joke if you were to use it with backlit LEDs), as well as uneven doubleshot plastic legends that was obvious even to the naked eye. People were really beginning to lose faith with GMK's ability to produce good quality keysets, and believed that only the OG Cherry and Skidata doubleshots were good enough.

Despite all the negativity surrounding GMK's quality at the time, I sat down, carefully thought about this for a very long time, and came to a conscious decision that I will set out to create the be-all and end-all set that would satisfy my own utmost obsessive standards, and thus, began the journey to realizing the dream of creating SKIDATA+. Little did I know how foolish and moronic it was to travel down this path, but allow me to tell you my story.

The first hurdle was very straight forward yet puzzling, because I didn't know what to do. PayPal is against all forms of "pre-order" business, and simply will not allow you to take pre-orders, period. Once you start receiving funds into your account, PayPal demands that you show proof of order fulfillment via shipping tracking, otherwise they will simply lock your account indefinitely.

This was when I turned to ZealPC and requested/begged to see if he would lend me his payment platform to use, because ZealPC is a reliable and upstanding vendor with a positive track record, and I knew that if I were to trust anyone, it would have to be ZealPC and no one else.
To my surprise, out pure kindness and generosity of his heart, Zeal had agreed to offer me his shop and payment platform with his FULL SUPPORT at absolutely no cuts or fees.

Really, it was so touching that he would be so upfront and eager to support the project, if only for the sake of helping the community have a chance at obtaining a better keyset than what was currently available. To this day, I still do not know why Zeal agreed to help, but he must have been so moved by my passion and dedication towards creating such an ambitious keyset that it resonated with him.

Without ZealPC's support, SKIDATA+ would have been over before it even got off the ground.

With the payment method taken care of, there was still the issue of improving upon GMK's then-current production issues. To determine and document the issues, I had obtained as many GMK and Cherry keysets as I could: GMK Hyperfuse, GMK Dolch (Ivan), GMK Dolch (Originative), OG Dolch, two sets of OG Skidata, OG Cherry WoB, OG Cherry Beige, GMK Triumph Adler, GMK EK Red Esc/Mod Keys are some that I can recall right now.

In order to provide GMK with objective and empirical evidence, I had to Keyboard Science the **** out of everything, and thus spent countless man hours testing EVERY keyset with backlit keyboards, a 1200 Lumens flashlight, and meticulously photo-documented all my findings with a high MP DSLR and a sharp lens.

Indeed, there were consistent characteristics with GMK's more recent productions of having issues with the keycaps being more translucent (causing lightbleed), less saturated, and having worse contrast than some of their older productions.

In the end, I was able to effectively communicate with GMK and explain the shortcomings I've observed in their more recent productions, and specified the improvements required for SKIDATA+ to be the highest quality set that GMK is capable of producing.

As the result of my tireless labour, GMK has now successfully reformulated their plastic to address every one of the issues and concerns I've brought up with them, with the new reformulated plastic being every bit as good as the old vintage stuff, if not even better.

Most importantly, the Extras contain a 4.5% Paypal fee that is included in the pricing. During the GB, it was tacked on top of it. You have to keep in mind that many fees in 2016 have increased, and this is factored in the costs. Eventually, the Extras that aren't sold in the US during this period will have to be brought back to Canada, for a 18.5% Canadian Import Tax (as per Canadian Border Regulations) on top of its value.

USPS is now charging more for boxes, and Paypal has increased its fees to 4.5%. (Once again, the Extras are not charged this fee, it is included).

A lot has changed, and I really wish more people would have ordered during the GB period when the fees were lower. It would have been better for everyone, but alas, you must understand people's reluctance to join group buys... it really isn't anyone's fault due to the way things have been going around here.

Last but not least, there was really no way we were going to meet MOQ, and I've had to take a big financial risk to exert absolutely all of my resources to make this happen. I assure you, it was not a small undertaking and required a lot of personal sacrifice to make happen.

Let that sink in for a moment.

We really weren't supposed to have SKIDATA+ become a reality, but I have never lost sight of my foolish dreams of making this a reality for both myself and our community, and against all odds, have made the impossible happen. There were too many reasons to give up, but I never faltered.

Once the GMK boxes arrive at radio_killah's house in the US, each and every one of these orders will be carefully handpacked by a keyboard enthusiast with love (shoutout to my fellow enthusiasts that have volunteered to help out, you know who you are), and really, there really isn't a more purely "community-oriented" group buy effort than this.

Everyone is free to make their decisions, but I will not stand to be disrespected and ridiculed by the suggestions of "running a Round 2 of SKIDATA+ on MassDrop" blatant ripoff, as that is belittling the time put into layout designs and my contributions to improving GMK's production quality, as well as disrespecting the numerous community members that have contributed to making SKIDATA+ happen.

Every single process of the group buy, from graphic design, photography, consultation, administration, customer service, brainstorming, artisan making (special thanks to Binge and KatzenKinder), shipping, packing and distribution has and will remain 100% handled by either myself or one of our community members.

You can rest assured knowing that everything from SKIDATA+ will not only be of the highest quality, but handled by people that care and understand you. If there are ever any problems, we will not hesitate to take care of it and make it right. You have my word for it.

I feel that for the tireless efforts and contributions put into making SKIDATA+ the set it is today, it is very reasonably priced for what you are getting.

I've gotten a lot appreciative PMs and emails from people who understand the amount of work put into making this happen, and I absolutely want to thank you guys for your tireless support. It is truly appreciated and I really want to stress that it wouldn't have happened without everyone's efforts.

fair enough mate, i am typing this on the charred orange and yes i am noticing the flawed legends, especially on the TAB, control and Enter keys.

ordered one of each :) not as much because of the set itself, but to reward your efforts.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
Thanks for the explanation Karura.  Even before the extras went up and this was in the original groupbuy phase the price was kinda high for me personally but Karura's passion for the project, the great colorway, and of course the potential for some kickass Binge and Katz artisans convinced me to put down the most I have spent on a keyset to date.  Since then, there has been regular updates and all delays have been brought to our attention right away, so I am still very happy with this whole groupbuy and I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that I very much appreciate all the work not only Karura has done but also ZealPC and everyone else who has helped out :thumb:
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
skuko, glad to have you on board ;) thanks for the support

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
[GB] GMK SKIDATA+ (Production complete/QC and Sorting) + EXTRAS AVAILABLE
« Reply #903 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 14:32:13 »
Guys, good update today. Partial shipment of the Relengendables have arrived at our sorting facility (fancy name for radio_killah's house) and they look absolutely amazing. The rest will be shipped out from GMK in a few weeks when they're done with it. This is the home stretch.

Offline frostylove

Any estimate shipping date?  :p
Suhr Custom Standard Carve Top
Manson DL-1 Matt Bellamy Signature
Marshall JVM410H + 1960A
Lovepedal Kanji Enternity

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
Any estimate shipping date?  :p

Can't confirm yet but we're looking at sometime in June, once we have everything together I will be personally packing a bunch of these orders. :thumb:

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
Please keep discussion on topic and relative to the GB.  Constructive criticism is fine, and in most cases welcome.  But, continued mindless discussion that does not pertain to the topic will be removed and warnings issued. 

Great work Karura!  This set is going to look great. 

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #907 on: Mon, 30 May 2016, 04:11:27 »
Thanks Ghost! :thumb:

Just a reminder that ZealPC will be going on a Computex trip, but that will not affect SKIDATA+, as I will continue to manage the storefront, and make sure that all SKIDATA+ related enquiries are processed in a timely manner.

Feel free to send me a PM if there are any order questions, concerns, comments, feedback, or enquiries. :)

Thanks again to everyone for showing your support. The clock is ticking and we are almost there.
« Last Edit: Mon, 30 May 2016, 04:13:37 by Karura »

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
Relegendable photos plz plz plz plz plz

Offline Suruga Devil

Besides the reformulated plastic, will there be any significant difference in the base set to a Charred Orange if not using LEDs? I just bought two sets of Charred Orange and am considering either getting a full extra kit or just mods.
« Last Edit: Mon, 30 May 2016, 20:49:37 by Suruga Devil »

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
Relegendable photos plz plz plz plz plz

I don't have them on hand, and can't take photos at the moment. You'll have to wait until the shipping/sorting period (mid to late June).

Soon! I'll be sure to do this when I am able to. :)

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
Besides the reformulated plastic, will there be any significant difference in the base set to a Charred Orange set? I just bought two of those and am considering either getting a full extra kit or just mods. I don't use backlighting, will there be any noticeable difference?

Thank you for the interest in SKIDATA+. I'd be happy to post a write up and explain the differences.

There are significant differences between Charred Orange and SKIDATA+.

Charred Orange's plastic issues are noticeable even without backlighting, and visible to the naked eye.

I have discussed these issues with GMK, and as a result of the latest reformulation of their plastic, we will be seeing these issues addressed and vastly improved upon in GMK SKIDATA+.

To reiterate, the issues with Charred Orange is that the plastic is translucent, which decreases saturation and contrast between the two plastics. It is especially obvious around the edges of the legends even under normal lighting, without backlighting.

I'm borrowing Longzilla's Charred Orange photo to illustrate the issues, as it is very clear:

1) Incorrect Tab Legend, this is a big pet peeve of mine that I cannot understand why it was chosen in the first place.
2) The bottom half of "Control" is significantly different from the top half of the "Control". Also, the properties of the plastic is uneven, and the edges are "soft" and not crisp.
3) "Alt", the "A" and "t" is significantly different than the "l", once again due to the same reasons listed above - translucent plastic, less contrast, not saturated.
4) The "Windows 7" logo also does not have very clean and crisp edges - looks a bit "soft" due to the issues with the plastic.

These issues are present throughout the entire keyset, and these are just a few examples to show you. I'm sure if you carefully looked through the two sets that you have on hand, you will come to the same conclusions.

Now, compared to GMK's new reformulated plastic, you can see how it has 1) more saturated colours, 2) "crisper" edges for more contrast between the two colours. The legends themselves are just so much crisper than before.

Here is the best example, using the same colours. You can see how the Orange and Charcoal Grey both have their defined, crisp, and clean edges. Overall, all of the issues I listed above have been improved upon, and obvious to the naked eye how much cleaner the end results are. It is an improvement that is not only visible just under backlighting, and is an overall improvement that will be very obvious once we have a chance to see and compare the sets in person.

-----

Here is another early production sample of GMK's newly reformulated plastic, using SKIDATA+ colours (Blue and Orange).

SKIDATA+ One-off Blue on Orange "X" (Photo credits go to Zeal)

You can click the photo to zoom in to fullsize, and inspect the borders/edges of the "X". You will see how the improvements to the plastic I've mentioned above is obvious even without backlighting.

Last but not least, SKIDATA+ offers the most comprehensive keyboard layout support to date.

We have windowed LED keys for Capslock, Scroll Lock, Numlock, as well as 75%, 1800, HHKB (Capslock "Ctrl" and 1.5u Delete), and a bunch of other layouts that allows SKIDATA+ to be used on almost any standardized keyboard layout out there.

Feel free to refer to the mockups again to see what I mean, as there are many additional keys, and would take a very long time to point out each and every one of them.

I hope this helps. Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions. :thumb:
« Last Edit: Mon, 30 May 2016, 21:09:07 by Karura »

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
That blue-on-orange "X" looks amazing. The colors go so well.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
Holy **** that is incredible Karura

Awesome work

I so want to run an orange/blue set now!

Offline Suruga Devil

More
Besides the reformulated plastic, will there be any significant difference in the base set to a Charred Orange set? I just bought two of those and am considering either getting a full extra kit or just mods. I don't use backlighting, will there be any noticeable difference?

Thank you for the interest in SKIDATA+. I'd be happy to post a write up and explain the differences.

There are significant differences between Charred Orange and SKIDATA+.

Charred Orange's plastic issues are noticeable even without backlighting, and visible to the naked eye.

I have discussed these issues with GMK, and as a result of the latest reformulation of their plastic, we will be seeing these issues addressed and vastly improved upon in GMK SKIDATA+.

To reiterate, the issues with Charred Orange is that the plastic is translucent, which decreases saturation and contrast between the two plastics. It is especially obvious around the edges of the legends even under normal lighting, without backlighting.

I'm borrowing Longzilla's Charred Orange photo to illustrate the issues, as it is very clear:
Show Image

1) Incorrect Tab Legend, this is a big pet peeve of mine that I cannot understand why it was chosen in the first place.
2) The bottom half of "Control" is significantly different from the top half of the "Control". Also, the properties of the plastic is uneven, and the edges are "soft" and not crisp.
3) "Alt", the "A" and "t" is significantly different than the "l", once again due to the same reasons listed above - translucent plastic, less contrast, not saturated.
4) The "Windows 7" logo also does not have very clean and crisp edges - looks a bit "soft" due to the issues with the plastic.

These issues are present throughout the entire keyset, and these are just a few examples to show you. I'm sure if you carefully looked through the two sets that you have on hand, you will come to the same conclusions.

Now, compared to GMK's new reformulated plastic, you can see how it has 1) more saturated colours, 2) "crisper" edges for more contrast between the two colours. The legends themselves are just so much crisper than before.
Show Image

Here is the best example, using the same colours. You can see how the Orange and Charcoal Grey both have their defined, crisp, and clean edges. Overall, all of the issues I listed above have been improved upon, and obvious to the naked eye how much cleaner the end results are. It is an improvement that is not only visible just under backlighting, and is an overall improvement that will be very obvious once we have a chance to see and compare the sets in person.

-----

Here is another early production sample of GMK's newly reformulated plastic, using SKIDATA+ colours (Blue and Orange).

SKIDATA+ One-off Blue on Orange "X" (Photo credits go to Zeal)
Show Image

You can click the photo to zoom in to fullsize, and inspect the borders/edges of the "X". You will see how the improvements to the plastic I've mentioned above is obvious even without backlighting.

Last but not least, SKIDATA+ offers the most comprehensive keyboard layout support to date.

We have windowed LED keys for Capslock, Scroll Lock, Numlock, as well as 75%, 1800, HHKB (Capslock "Ctrl" and 1.5u Delete), and a bunch of other layouts that allows SKIDATA+ to be used on almost any standardized keyboard layout out there.

Feel free to refer to the mockups again to see what I mean, as there are many additional keys, and would take a very long time to point out each and every one of them.
Show Image

I hope this helps. Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions. :thumb:

Wow, thank you for the writeup! I hadn't realized the extent of the changes. It's going to be hard for me to resist buying the full set now... unfortunately it's going to run me over $350 if I buy from Zeal  :eek:

Besides the change in material, my favorite things about this set have to be the orange-on-blue Enter keys and the Relegendables. It's really cool to have the relegendables in the kit, it's certainly something new, and for someone who is designing their own layout with extra keys, the blanks are a godsend.

This kit is expensive, but I think that the amount of care put into the production is more than enough to make up for it. Jealous of all you who joined the GB before it closed!  :p

Also, shameless request- anyone who won't be putting their relegendable blanks to use, please contact me! I need a lot of them, so even if you're willing to part with just one or two, still give me a shout!
« Last Edit: Tue, 31 May 2016, 02:52:18 by Suruga Devil »

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
Skidata is one of my favorites sets, I own both an original Skidata and a Charred Orange set and have compiled both of them to get something nicer.
I would have loved to get a Skidata+ but after having funds stuck in Miami Nights I couldn't afford this anymore and I still can't :(

Really nice work you have done here Karura, can't wait to see the photos when the sets arrive :)
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline cmd

karura your post turned me on  :-X

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.

;)

Good morning everyone!

Which keyboard are you planning to use SKIDATA+ on? Let's see some photos. :thumb:

Offline skuko

no photos, but i'm going to put it on my withe/beige case FC750RT and then later on my sentraq TK78 custom :)

or actually both, one is gonna rock the SkiMonkey and the other the MonkeyData :D

Offline Gengarfan

;)

Good morning everyone!

Which keyboard are you planning to use SKIDATA+ on? Let's see some photos. :thumb:

Don't have the keyboards yet, but either the ZZ96 or TriC  :p

Offline cmd

;)

Good morning everyone!

I will send pictures of my LS when I build it!

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #921 on: Thu, 02 June 2016, 17:54:20 »
How about 75%, 65% or 1800? We got any of these? I made sure we had the right keys to support all these. ;)

Edit: I'd love to see a HHKB layout viper with it!
« Last Edit: Thu, 02 June 2016, 18:03:05 by Karura »

Offline MrDaddio

I have a blue anodized aluminum Tex 60% case that I plan to use with the black HHKB plate that I will maybe be getting a MacBook case sticker to cover similar to a user poster earlier. I have 67g zealios to put in as well as orange leds. I'm in for all sets thanks to extras going on sale. Going to be very pretty, just have to decide on which color keys will go where.

Offline MrDaddio

What kind of a sticker do you think would look the best with the HHKB plate and blue case?

Offline FranksNewLiver

My LZ-RV can't wait for this set come in.

Offline mason

• have fun with her, ryan
I'll be putting this set on my black hhkb and 1800  ;D

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
Been quite busy but getting to some replies now :P

Holy **** that is incredible Karura

Awesome work

I so want to run an orange/blue set now!

Orange/Blue should be really cool! What keyboard do you have in mind for it? You should do it!

Skidata is one of my favorites sets, I own both an original Skidata and a Charred Orange set and have compiled both of them to get something nicer.
I would have loved to get a Skidata+ but after having funds stuck in Miami Nights I couldn't afford this anymore and I still can't :(

Really nice work you have done here Karura, can't wait to see the photos when the sets arrive :)

Thank you for the kind words Daniel. Really a shame about Miami Nights. I feel you, because I am also a victim of that GB, and had lost quite a bit from it.

Hopefully you can recover and pick up a set of Skidata+ if you ever get the opportunity later on. :)

That blue-on-orange "X" looks amazing. The colors go so well.

Glad you like the colours! The Blue was a last minute addition to transform the "Skidata" keyset into "Skidata+", and I'm glad the colours are working out. ;)

no photos, but i'm going to put it on my withe/beige case FC750RT and then later on my sentraq TK78 custom :)

or actually both, one is gonna rock the SkiMonkey and the other the MonkeyData :D

I actually have a set of the Monkey coming as well! Honestly not a huge fan of monkeys, but I'm gonna do the same, and have hopefully a really cool set, haha. Just don't tell me to use that monkey doubleshot...  >:D

Also, shameless request- anyone who won't be putting their relegendable blanks to use, please contact me! I need a lot of them, so even if you're willing to part with just one or two, still give me a shout!

Glad to discuss and type out the differences. :thumb: It's really nice to have others understand the dedication and work put into this. ^-^

Hope you can find some RL blanks. There should be enough floating around for someone to sell you a few extras.

I will send pictures of my LS when I build it!

You have a LS? V1 or V2? What colour/switches? With the 1800 support, it should be a perfectly complementary to the 1800 layout if that's what you're using. :)

What kind of a sticker do you think would look the best with the HHKB plate and blue case?

Sticker huh... maybe you could find a SKIDATA sticker off the Original Skidata keyboard case, or get someone to scan it/make a decal?

I have a blue anodized aluminum Tex 60% case that I plan to use with the black HHKB plate that I will maybe be getting a MacBook case sticker to cover similar to a user poster earlier. I have 67g zealios to put in as well as orange leds. I'm in for all sets thanks to extras going on sale. Going to be very pretty, just have to decide on which color keys will go where.

For sure you'll have to try to see if the Blue/Orange keys work out for you. If not, two-tone Charcoal/Orange was my original idea. If even that is too much colour for you... then base set it is. :D

Don't have the keyboards yet, but either the ZZ96 or TriC  :p

Hope those keyboards arrive soon enough, we gotta get some build photos from everyone. Super hyped and excited! I know I am excited about my own builds, but to have so many other builds going on just gives me more things to look forward to.

My LZ-RV can't wait for this set come in.
Show Image

That is beautiful. I love LZ's Ocean Blue, I have a few keyboards in that colour as well. I really wanted to join the RV (and helped a bit with organizing/taking orders for it), but I have enough keyboards already!

Very envious... it'll be a perfect match with the Orange/Blue/Grey SKIDATA+ keys. :thumb:

I'm so glad to hear that you're gonna be fully utilizing the layout support I designed into the keyset. :thumb:

Question for you, how are you going to be modifying the HHKB to fit Novatouch sliders/stabilizers? Will you be drilling holes?

Which 1800?
« Last Edit: Sun, 05 June 2016, 14:35:12 by Karura »

Offline mason

• have fun with her, ryan

I'm so glad to hear that you're gonna be fully utilizing the layout support I designed into the keyset. :thumb:

Question for you, how are you going to be modifying the HHKB to fit Novatouch sliders/stabilizers? Will you be drilling holes?

Which 1800?

Yeah, I drilled into my white one, and the previous owner of my black one already drilled holes.

It'll be going on a black wkl ansi 1800 :)

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
Big update: I now have a tracking number for the whole Skidata shipment! Almost there.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
Big update: I now have a tracking number for the whole Skidata shipment! Almost there.

:eek:  :eek:  :eek:  :eek:  :eek:

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder

Oh lawdie!
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline frostylove

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Suhr Custom Standard Carve Top
Manson DL-1 Matt Bellamy Signature
Marshall JVM410H + 1960A
Lovepedal Kanji Enternity

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
I want to take this moment to thank GMK for being such a great company and leader in manufacturing such high quality keysets.

On top of that, they have been nothing but communicative and receptive to suggestions for improvements, and we as enthusiasts are lucky to have such a company working with us.

Let's all look forward to the arrival of the sets. I'll snap a few photos to document the process when we reach the distribution stage. :)
« Last Edit: Fri, 10 June 2016, 00:35:34 by Karura »

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
I want to take this moment to thank GMK for being such a great company and leader in manufacturing such high quality keysets.

On top of that, they have been nothing but communicative and receptive to suggestions for improvements, and we as enthusiasts are lucky to have such a company working with us.

Let's all look forward to the arrival of the sets. I'll snap a few photos to document the process when we reach the distribution stage. :)

And I would like to say that this has been a very well run GB so far,  great communication,  interactive, and very well planned from the start.

Well done sir.

Offline UTEster750

Thank you so much for your passion and drive Karura, this is an awesome set and I can't wait for it to arrive! :D

Offline Texchappy

This is the first time I've spent anywhere near this much on a keyset and I'm looking forward to it because of all the work you and GMK have put on it.

Offline Trickeys

Awesome to see this nearing distribution! In celebration of the key set, I'm probably going to buy a new board. Any recommendations? Looking for something full size ISO, cherry blue based - and available in the UK.

Cheers

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
Awesome to see this nearing distribution! In celebration of the key set, I'm probably going to buy a new board. Any recommendations? Looking for something full size ISO, cherry blue based - and available in the UK.

Cheers

What I have in mind is a UK ISO Black 1800 (which has a numpad section) keyboard with a custom Leeku 1800 PCB, so it is completely programmable and customizable with LEDs.

Then you can have the best keyset to throw on it. :thumb:

The SKIDATA+ keyset fully supports the layout too so you will have the right keys for it.

Offline Orca

any extra colour packs?

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
I'm excited to announce that GMK SKIDATA+ has landed in the country!

It is scheduled to arrive sometime tomorrow, and shipping fulfillment will begin this Friday.

Also just a reminder that now is the very last moment to order Extras from ZealPC for it to be shipped out with GB orders.

Any orders made past this Friday will experience delays in fulfillment, so please remember to place your order now to prevent any delays. :thumb:

Offline ba7777

It is scheduled to arrive sometime tomorrow, and shipping fulfillment will begin this Friday.

Also just a reminder that now is the very last moment to order Extras from ZealPC for it to be shipped out with GB orders.

Any orders made past this Friday will experience delays in fulfillment, so please remember to place your order now to prevent any delays. :thumb:

Great!

May I change my shipping address please?

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.

For sure! Send me a private message and we can get it sorted out right now. Please include your order number in the message. :thumb:

Offline ba7777

For sure! Send me a private message and we can get it sorted out right now. Please include your order number in the message. :thumb:

Thank you sir. Will do. A moment plz.

Offline ba7777

pm'd  ;)

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
pm'd  ;)

I have it processed! Check your PM to make sure your updated address is correct, cheers. ;)

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
Once again a quick reminder that Extras order cutoff is in a few days, as we will begin shipping promptly.

The packages have arrived.

Get your SKIDATA+ EXTRAS ON ZEALPC.NET!
http://zealpc.net/products/skidata
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 June 2016, 15:02:23 by Karura »

Offline Celcius

So if I understand correctly, it's still possible to place an order now (called an "extra"), and you'll get your key caps when the original orders go out?

So if I understand correctly, it's still possible to place an order now (called an "extra", because there were extra sets), and you'll get your key caps when the original orders go out?
When are these expected to ship? Also, are the extras more expensive then the original set? The website shows $290 for the base set + orange set.
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 June 2016, 19:12:35 by Celcius »

Offline Sempre

So if I understand correctly, it's still possible to place an order now (called an "extra"), and you'll get your key caps when the original orders go out?

So if I understand correctly, it's still possible to place an order now (called an "extra", because there were extra sets), and you'll get your key caps when the original orders go out?
When are these expected to ship? Also, are the extras more expensive then the original set? The website shows $290 for the base set + orange set.

Correct. If you order the extras before the cutoff date it will be shipped with the group buy orders and yes they have a markup compared to the group buy price as explained by Karura a page back.

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'