Author Topic: HHKB Scancodes?  (Read 1580 times)

Offline JunkFace

HHKB Scancodes?
« on: Tue, 25 April 2017, 07:53:09 »
Does anyone have a Scancode listing for the HHKB 2?  I find the right fn key underutilized and I'd like to do something with it.

Thanks!!

Offline Tactile

Re: HHKB Scancodes?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 25 April 2017, 08:28:38 »
Does anyone have a Scancode listing for the HHKB 2?  I find the right fn key underutilized and I'd like to do something with it.

Your question isn't clear but I'm guessing you want to know what code is sent from the HHKB to the computer when pressing the FN key so you can re-map that key in software like AutoHotkey. If I'm wrong, just ignore the rest of this.

The FN key on the HHKB sends no codes to the computer. The FN key is handled "internally" by the keyboard controller. The computer never knows if the FN key is pressed.

With one of these you can do what you want, and a whole lot more.
REΛLFORCE

Offline clickityClackity

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 25 April 2017, 19:33:55 »

Your question isn't clear but I'm guessing you want to know what code is sent from the HHKB to the computer when pressing the FN key so you can re-map that key in software like AutoHotkey. If I'm wrong, just ignore the rest of this.

The FN key on the HHKB sends no codes to the computer. The FN key is handled "internally" by the keyboard controller. The computer never knows if the FN key is pressed.

2nd this. Definitely worth it, gives much more functionality + a Bluetooth option. 

Sent from my Lenovo PB2-670N using Tapatalk

Offline JunkFace

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 10:12:54 »

2nd this. Definitely worth it, gives much more functionality + a Bluetooth option. 

Yes that's what I was asking about.  The codes you can modify in the registry to change the key's function.  I was worried the both FN's would be connected but this is even worse!  I may consider getting that programmable board but I'm going to mess around and see if there isn't some software work around in the mean time.

Thanks!

Offline clickityClackity

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 10:32:00 »

Yes that's what I was asking about.  The codes you can modify in the registry to change the key's function.  I was worried the both FN's would be connected but this is even worse!  I may consider getting that programmable board but I'm going to mess around and see if there isn't some software work around in the mean time.

Thanks!
Here's one better - Hasu wrote up a little guide on how to do it yourself, should be helpful.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=12047.0

Good luck!