Author Topic: Controller Replacement - Unicomp Model M  (Read 1333 times)

Offline Doebes

Controller Replacement - Unicomp Model M
« on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 22:38:44 »
So I had liquid damage ruin a brand-new unicomp model m a few months back and finally got around to swapping the membrane and controller. The bolt mod was a nice surprise step after buying the replacement parts :eek:.

Anyways, the controller is pressure-mounted over a bent portion of the membrane, and I can't seem to get it to seat in a way that works. If I remove the bolts and adjust the controller while it's connected, I can get keys to register momentarily but then quickly lose it.

Anyone have any advice for properly seating and mounting the control board?

Thanks,
Doebes

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
Re: Controller Replacement - Unicomp Model M
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 23:22:52 »
4th gens are a pain.  You can try something like a zip tie to hold down the controller with some double sided tape.) I don't know how else to explain this....) but you get the idea.

Offline Doebes

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 00:29:12 »
It actually looks like I'm just a dufus. I forgot the foam pad that pushes the membrane up into the control board.

I guess that's what happens when you leave the board disassembled and parts mixed up for 4 months! :D

Thanks for the attempted help though.

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 01:34:14 »
It actually looks like I'm just a dufus. I forgot the foam pad that pushes the membrane up into the control board.

I guess that's what happens when you leave the board disassembled and parts mixed up for 4 months! :D

Thanks for the attempted help though.

You're most welcome! I'll attempt to help better next time too!