Author Topic: [GB] GMK Coral - $650 Donated to Coral Reef Alliance (Finished)  (Read 92535 times)

Offline NoxNoxNox

Re: [GB] GMK Coral - Benefiting the Coral Reef Alliance (Closed)
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 19 November 2019, 08:04:17 »
I got an email regarding 40's.  How will it work if some people don't pay the $7 difference?

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #51 on: Tue, 19 November 2019, 08:45:51 »
I got an email regarding 40's.  How will it work if some people don't pay the $7 difference?

Was wondering this as well. I was joking earlier about how the email looked kind of sketchy, but it seems like there's a real chance some people will either delete it as spam or just decide not to pay. I suppose that might be priced into the $7.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline popkorn62

• No keyboards for old men
    • Mekibo
« Reply #52 on: Tue, 19 November 2019, 12:01:18 »

I think half of the US buyers paid the $7 difference so far and I really appreciate it.

All kits will be made.
==============
https://mekibo.com/

Offline HoodrowThrillson

Re: [GB] GMK Coral - Benefiting the Coral Reef Alliance (Sending order to GMK)
« Reply #53 on: Thu, 21 November 2019, 06:14:38 »
Numbers have been sent to GMK, awaiting invoice.

Donation amount is currently being calculated and will be sent once invoice is sent to vendors. Vendors will need their invoices to calculate what the overall cost of their orders will be.

Please note, I will be out of the country on vacation from December 3rd - 19th. I will try to work on this and have donation sent out before I go on vacation. If I'm unable to, I'll get this done on vacation.

Donation proof will be a screenshot of the actual donation and the amount being drawn from my bank account will be shown.

Additionally, the same donation pattern will work with the extras (for anyone assuming that I would keep the proceeds from extras rather than doing the same donation pattern).

Thank you everyone for a successful GB.
[Mostly] Retired from Keyboards
Typing on: TKL One - Zealios v1 - 55g TX Springs, TX Films, Lubed with 205g0 - Xiami Beige Cadet + RGB
Collection: IDB60 (gone), Austere (gone), Matrix 1.2og (gone), Matrix 2.0add (gone), RS (so lit), Infinitum (gone), THRILL Proto (destroyed), Matrix 2.0add xmas Starry Night (gone), RS60 (traded), MC65 (traded), Jane v1 CE (gone), GSKT-00 (gone), TKL One Poly (returned), TKL One, RS60, Serenity Proto, Boulevard Proto

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #54 on: Thu, 21 November 2019, 09:40:14 »

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #55 on: Mon, 02 December 2019, 06:16:55 »
Good morning from the East Coast of the US.

Just a small update, still working out the final details with GMK before invoices are sent out to vendors. After that's completed, we will be able to calculate the total donation amount.

In the meanwhile, MarbleKeebs contacted me and let me know that he has gone ahead and the donation on his end (which was a part of those beautiful marble wrist rests). Screenshot attached below.

Please note, in case you didn't read the paragraph above, this is not my donation, only MarbleKeebs.

Typing on: TKL One - Zealios v1 - 55g TX Springs, TX Films, Lubed with 205g0 - Xiami Beige Cadet + RGB
Collection: IDB60 (gone), Austere (gone), Matrix 1.2og (gone), Matrix 2.0add (gone), RS (so lit), Infinitum (gone), THRILL Proto (destroyed), Matrix 2.0add xmas Starry Night (gone), RS60 (traded), MC65 (traded), Jane v1 CE (gone), GSKT-00 (gone), TKL One Poly (returned), TKL One, RS60, Serenity Proto, Boulevard Proto

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #56 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 09:18:50 »
Invoice paid, color matching process starting.

Donation will be made once I'm back from Taiwan and gather funds together.

Offline HoodrowThrillson

Re: [GB] GMK Coral - Benefiting the Coral Reef Alliance ($650 USD DONATION MADE!)
« Reply #57 on: Tue, 31 December 2019, 11:31:07 »
Donation amount: $650

I've gone ahead and made the donation today.

Thanks everyone for their support and happy (early) New Year!

Offline plus_one

I wasn't able to pull the money together in time :( If anyone wants to sell their base kit, I'll be looking to buy one when it is released

Offline HoodrowThrillson

I wasn't able to pull the money together in time :( If anyone wants to sell their base kit, I'll be looking to buy one when it is released
All vendors will have extras

Offline HoodrowThrillson

Good afternoon. I've received the GMK color samples but I had to reorder Pantone chips (since I mailed mine to GMK) and they arrive Friday.

I plan on taking photos this weekend to figure out how close of a match they are.

Offline HoodrowThrillson

Re: [GB] GMK Coral - $650 Donated to Coral Reef Alliance (Color matching R1)
« Reply #61 on: Sat, 25 January 2020, 14:20:22 »
Here are photos from round 1 of color matching.

Please note that the Living Coral color shows up darker in these photos than in real life (could be my camera)

On my bed, with only natural light from a window.

In my ****ty bathroom, with regular incandescent light bulbs.

Window sill of kitchen, with tube lights and natural light.

I'm going to recheck tomorrow to see if my original feelings are correct, where the Limpet Shell color (blue) is correct but Living Coral is too dark, could be a bit lighter, and that the overall hue is slightly off.

Offline wakaward

« Reply #62 on: Sat, 25 January 2020, 15:48:09 »
Agree that the coral could be a bit lighter. Still looks good either way though, thanks for making this happen!

Offline bandit70

« Reply #63 on: Wed, 19 February 2020, 09:39:45 »
How's the color matching going? Anxiously awaiting this one because the rest of my GB's are in Coronavirus Limbo unfortunately.

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #64 on: Fri, 21 February 2020, 08:02:02 »
How's the color matching going? Anxiously awaiting this one because the rest of my GB's are in Coronavirus Limbo unfortunately.
Reached out to GMK about R2 of colors (was hoping it'd randomly show up at my house one day but hasn't)

I will know more next week. I have also asked for where we stand in the queue.

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #65 on: Wed, 18 March 2020, 07:06:29 »

R2 color samples are delayed for the time being. Will update y'all when I have ETA.

Offline catpaste

Still no news from GMK? I can imagine things take a bit longer right now of course...

Offline HoodrowThrillson

Still no news from GMK? I can imagine things take a bit longer right now of course...

This was 9 days ago.

Offline YoungDriver

Is there a new ETA on these. Miss the GB, thinking of pick one up from the vendors.

Offline utdconsq

Fingers crossed we get some news soon, hoping to get some coral for E8.5 when it comes in  :)

Offline Omnomnominous

Any update on this? Or still in the GMK backlog?

Offline popkorn62

• Mekibo
Any update on this? Or still in the GMK backlog?

I emailed GMK roughly 10-12 days ago and they said they still have issues with their plastic supplier. We will post on the tx website as well as here if there are any news.
==============

Offline enjoidis

wow! This is a damn fine keyset! I'm really enjoying the colors and the base kit is sooo complete it's crazy and a crazy good deal compared to the last 2 sets I purchased.

Offline HoodrowThrillson

R2 received

This is closer than R1 and looks great.

Approval sent to GMK, now awaiting production.

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

That looks great. Can you take a picture in dimmer lighting at some point? No rush.

New or old bandoliers/trays?

Offline Nester

Hoodrow,

Any updates on production? Finally got my base, switches, PCB just waiting on these key caps... Thanks for any information

Offline HoodrowThrillson

That looks great. Can you take a picture in dimmer lighting at some point? No rush.

New or old bandoliers/trays?

If I remember, I can take pictures this weekend.

New trays, sadly.

Hoodrow,

Any updates on production? Finally got my base, switches, PCB just waiting on these key caps... Thanks for any information

Got word that GMK is expecting to have it shipped end of August.

(for anyone who is wondering why it took so long, during the color match period COVID hit in full stride which delayed the production of samples by a few months)

Offline CoolMike

• Mechs & Co.
    • Mechs & Co.
I have a JP Blue Sav65 waiting for this set and it should look awesome.

Delays are delays, people should understand with COVID that GMK is behind 3 months.

Thank you for this set, it's awesome.

Offline gnho

Just want to say that I'm still really glad I joined this GB!

Offline Valynar

Re: [GB] GMK Coral - $650 Donated to Coral Reef Alliance (Awaiting production)
« Reply #79 on: Sat, 01 August 2020, 05:03:37 »
How is production going? Delivery still happening end of this month/early september?

Offline ZoomBoy

« Reply #80 on: Sat, 08 August 2020, 07:30:34 »
How is production going? Delivery still happening end of this month/early september?

Hoping for an update. Appreciate the current situation may have thrown GMK for a loop.

Offline popkorn62

• Mekibo
« Reply #81 on: Mon, 10 August 2020, 11:18:04 »

Hoping for an update. Appreciate the current situation may have thrown GMK for a loop.
GMK has replied to us and confirmed that Coral will be shipped next week
==============

Offline ZoomBoy

« Reply #82 on: Mon, 10 August 2020, 11:20:31 »

Ohhh nice! So I'm assuming from GMK direct to vendors?

Offline popkorn62

• Mekibo
« Reply #83 on: Mon, 10 August 2020, 14:49:40 »

Ohhh nice! So I'm assuming from GMK direct to vendors?
That’s correct! So end of August shipping date from vendors to buyers still stands as of now.
==============

Offline gnho

« Reply #84 on: Mon, 10 August 2020, 14:54:29 »
This is my very first GB!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #85 on: Thu, 13 August 2020, 10:38:08 »
Mini update: GMK will be shipping to vendors either this week or next week.

Offline fv42622

Re: [GB] GMK Coral - $650 Donated to Coral Reef Alliance (Shipping to vendors)
« Reply #86 on: Tue, 25 August 2020, 09:48:35 »
Any word on if vendors have received shipments?  :)

Offline Valynar

« Reply #87 on: Tue, 25 August 2020, 10:28:53 »

Yes, MyKeyboard had received their shipments, are shipping today.

Offline ossetepo

« Reply #88 on: Tue, 25 August 2020, 10:44:45 »

TX's update site says they are expecting delivery on 29 August due to FedEx

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #89 on: Tue, 01 September 2020, 20:28:33 »
Some US and EU orders have started to ship to you!

Offline aadk5

• AKA: feeebleminded
« Reply #90 on: Tue, 01 September 2020, 20:47:33 »

Nice, which will mean extras soon hopefully

Offline catpaste

« Reply #91 on: Wed, 02 September 2020, 07:40:57 »

From MyKeyboard.eu? Awesome, can't wait to see how they turned out.

Offline HourLaterJuke

Re: [GB] GMK Coral - $650 Donated to Coral Reef Alliance (Shipping to you!)
« Reply #92 on: Thu, 03 September 2020, 14:32:45 »
COMPLETE! Really appreciate the group buy and finally completing my first custom build!
250966-0
« Last Edit: Thu, 03 September 2020, 14:38:00 by HourLaterJuke »

Offline lipsticklatitude

• Lipstick Latitude
« Reply #93 on: Fri, 04 September 2020, 09:15:41 »
So I'm new to all this - do extras normally go up after all group buy orders are shipped, I guess?

Offline J3ff_Leopard

• Wishlist
« Reply #94 on: Fri, 04 September 2020, 09:29:01 »
So I'm new to all this - do extras normally go up after all group buy orders are shipped, I guess?

Yes, extras will be available after all GB orders ship. This is in case any issues arise: Missing items, Lost packages, etc. Depending on your vendor, they probably have a mailing list you can join for updates on when extras will be available.
WTB Resin Cast Click Clack Leaf

Offline gnho

« Reply #95 on: Fri, 04 September 2020, 22:17:31 »
I may pick up more kits when the extras are available!

Offline asciisii

« Reply #96 on: Sat, 05 September 2020, 20:38:21 »
Wow pics looking good! Might see about extras

Offline ninjapirate

• @ninjapirate9901
« Reply #97 on: Tue, 08 September 2020, 20:19:20 »

Set came out amazing!

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #98 on: Tue, 08 September 2020, 21:19:59 »
COMPLETE! Really appreciate the group buy and finally completing my first custom build!
(Attachment Link)

hot.

Show Image

Set came out amazing!

hot.

I may pick up more kits when the extras are available!

Show Image

hot.

Offline popkorn62

• Mekibo
[GB] GMK Coral - $650 Donated to Coral Reef Alliance (Shipping to you!)
« Reply #99 on: Wed, 09 September 2020, 21:03:24 »
Shipping for US orders has been completed today.

Extras will be on sale on Saturday @ 10AM PT
==============