Author Topic: [IC] GMK Moon Dust | FINAL UPDATE! GB, Kits, Pricing!!!!!!  (Read 55147 times)

Offline Hisui

• Team Yeen
Re: [IC] GMK Moon Dust | Vendors added and GB date change!!
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 06 August 2019, 13:40:20 »
Will you be getting samples done? I worry about the contrast on those legends.
Gmk always does sample rounds to be aproved for custom colors so don't worry. I have irl Pantone chips posted in the op. I stacked them to show the legend color next to the mod color. The chips in my hand have good contrast. If the gmk samples don't reflect that, I will keep getting samples untill they do.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Offline Hisui

• Team Yeen
« Reply #51 on: Tue, 06 August 2019, 13:42:01 »
Really digging the color scheme and deskmat! Looks great on various case colors too.

I'd be interested to see a gaijin alpha set would look on these too.
Thanks! I have a poll for this in my feedback form! I'd really like for it to win as I like sublegebds myself!

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #52 on: Tue, 06 August 2019, 18:20:30 »
Bottom row icon mods anyone?!

Offline Tre3Cycl3S

« Reply #53 on: Wed, 07 August 2019, 15:15:25 »
Very interested!

Just a question: The mod colourway is different from Violet Tendencies’, is that correct? Specifically, it will actually be legible? That was the big problem of Violet Tendencies, and hopefully this set will avoid that issue.
QFR           HHKB Pro-2     JD45         VE.A                    XMIT 61-Key       JD40 Mk.II                    Realforce 87U     M65-A                 Custom:Annie      NightFox      Pearl                  E6-V2 R2                          Norbaforce
MX Blue     45g Topre        MX Blue     R5 67g Zealios     50g Hall Effect     Modded Gateron Red     55g Topre           R5 78g Zealios     62g Ergo Grey     Hako True     R9 62g Zilent     Lubed Holy Trash Panda     OG Sony BKE Domes

Offline Hisui

• Team Yeen
« Reply #54 on: Wed, 07 August 2019, 16:44:39 »
Very interested!

Just a question: The mod colourway is different from Violet Tendencies’, is that correct? Specifically, it will actually be legible? That was the big problem of Violet Tendencies, and hopefully this set will avoid that issue.

Yes, VT used a dark purple on dark grey keys. This is a bright purple on a dark blackish purple.

Offline Tre3Cycl3S

[IC] GMK Moon Dust | Vendors added and GB date change!!
« Reply #55 on: Wed, 07 August 2019, 18:33:50 »
Very interested!

Yes, VT used a dark purple on dark grey keys. This is a bright purple on a dark blackish purple.

Thank you for the confirmation!

Edit: is it possible to add a 1.5U R3 tab to the Extraterrestrial kit? Pearl needs that 1.5U tab.
« Last Edit: Wed, 07 August 2019, 18:44:19 by Tre3Cycl3S »
QFR           HHKB Pro-2     JD45         VE.A                    XMIT 61-Key       JD40 Mk.II                    Realforce 87U     M65-A                 Custom:Annie      NightFox      Pearl                  E6-V2 R2                          Norbaforce
MX Blue     45g Topre        MX Blue     R5 67g Zealios     50g Hall Effect     Modded Gateron Red     55g Topre           R5 78g Zealios     62g Ergo Grey     Hako True     R9 62g Zilent     Lubed Holy Trash Panda     OG Sony BKE Domes

Offline Hisui

• Team Yeen
« Reply #56 on: Wed, 07 August 2019, 19:09:02 »
Very interested!

Edit: is it possible to add a 1.5U R3 tab to the Extraterrestrial kit? Pearl needs that 1.5U tab.

No problem, and I'll talk it over with my people and see what I can do!

Offline Tre3Cycl3S

« Reply #57 on: Wed, 07 August 2019, 21:07:31 »
Very interested!

No problem, and I'll talk it over with my people and see what I can do!

Thank you for considering! Looking forward to see this in GB regardless.

Offline Hisui

• Team Yeen
Re: [IC] GMK Moon Dust | Asia Vendor added and update!!
« Reply #58 on: Tue, 10 September 2019, 18:31:18 »
Posted the Asia Vendor and note about a rough draft of the new novelties! They're pinned in the discord, go check em out and leave some feed back if you will! I will post a render of the final versions here along with any kit revisions soon!

Offline Rensuya

• Blue is my spirit animal
    • Link to the discord!
« Reply #59 on: Sat, 21 September 2019, 23:39:55 »
Love the theme here and I'd suggest more novelties with them in a separate kit  ;D

Offline vicissitude

« Reply #60 on: Sun, 22 September 2019, 09:11:25 »
Love this colorway.
Is it similar to GMK first love or black lotus?
A little confused.  ^-^

Offline Hisui

• Team Yeen
« Reply #61 on: Mon, 23 September 2019, 02:25:45 »
Love this colorway.
Is it similar to GMK first love or black lotus?
A little confused.  ^-^

Do you mean the colors? Im not sure. Ive not seen what colors that were picked for those sets. I picked these colors by hand myself back in October 2018. What are you confused about? Im sorry I dont understand your question. ^^;

Offline mimalik

« Reply #62 on: Fri, 15 November 2019, 10:44:05 »
Hiragana kit plz, love the color scheme.

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #63 on: Fri, 15 November 2019, 12:33:38 »
Is it January yet? I need this on my ortho boards!

More importantly, were you gonna add more novelties? When will they be ready to show off?

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #64 on: Sat, 16 November 2019, 00:10:25 »
How do you plan to avoid the "almost blank"  problem that Violet Tendencies modifiers had?
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline Neener

• Ligma
« Reply #65 on: Sun, 17 November 2019, 10:21:37 »
I can't wait until this drops, this set looks so nice  :thumb:

Offline Hisui

• Team Yeen
« Reply #66 on: Sun, 17 November 2019, 16:00:31 »
How do you plan to avoid the "almost blank"  problem that Violet Tendencies modifiers had?
Violet tendencies had a deep purple on grey keys.essentially a dark on dark mod colors.  This is a neon purple on an almost black. bright color on dark background. The plan is to just make sure gmk matches my pantones lol

Offline 2Moons

Re: [IC] GMK Moon Dust | Space Themed Set
« Reply #67 on: Tue, 19 November 2019, 06:14:17 »
Why would you have Japanese text in the marketing or kit overview, if you're not going to include j-legends?

This is a really good point. With the katakana in the advertising, thought for sure katakana would be main or sub legends. If Katakana is in, then it might be fun!

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #68 on: Tue, 19 November 2019, 08:10:06 »
Are the kits changing (more novelties) or is this gonna be the basic layouts? I like them as-is, but I thought you were cooking up more novelties from the poll that ran when the IC started.

Found the novelty kit on Discord. My only input, if I may, would be to add a r3, 1u novelty, and a couple more r4, 1u ones. It looks like the alien and other animal are done twice.
« Last Edit: Tue, 19 November 2019, 08:15:21 by nasp »

Offline MdotMaxson

« Reply #69 on: Thu, 21 November 2019, 00:32:01 »
I’m so confused why the trip back to the moon that we are preparing for seems to be so much harder than the first trip to the moon? Maybe technology has degraded since the 60s ....

Offline Hisui

• Team Yeen
« Reply #70 on: Thu, 21 November 2019, 14:30:24 »
Big update!

New Possible kits!! I went ahead and asked for these kits to be rendered but im still waiting as Abec is very busy. But dont worry, they will be done soon! so stay tuned! I will swap out the images on this post when I have them.
Base (novelties and accents removed, basic 40s added)

due to how poorly the 40s kits for peaches and Terra is doing, we felt it too risky to have a separate 40s kit. If you dislike this decision please let us know in the google form that you would support a separate 40s kit!

Accents

Space bars

Novelties

and possibly an alternate alphas kit!

Hiragana Subs won the poll by a landslide! thanks so much guys! I was really wanting the weeb legends to win XD HOWEVER, Im sure some of you saw the Katakana mono legends that Ren was trying to push on Terra, we really like them. I saw a few asking about Katakana for this set as well. The thing is, GMK doesnt have mold for katakana so its gonna be an expensive af kit, but it looks super nice. So im running a poll for the new kits now! were getting quotes from gmk in December, so please share this post/poll with everyone that you know is interested in this so their voice can be heard before we hit up gmk!!

Poll here: https://forms.gle/qtCmUioPsTkofJJx9

« Last Edit: Thu, 21 November 2019, 14:41:13 by Hisui »

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
Re: [IC] GMK Moon Dust | BIG UPDATE! NEWS KITS AND POLL
« Reply #71 on: Thu, 21 November 2019, 16:21:01 »
New kits look great! I'm all for it

Offline mimalik

« Reply #72 on: Thu, 21 November 2019, 19:46:57 »
Love the new kits, on Hiragana kit, can we get latin with hiragana sublegends? Thx a ton for changes.

Offline 2Moons

« Reply #73 on: Fri, 22 November 2019, 07:45:34 »
I love the Katakana kit. So nice to see something that's not trying to be something it's not, like all the GMK hiragana sets out there (Hiragana on Japanese keyboards is a real thing but none of the GMK sets support Japanese keyboards). It's cool and fun and it fits the theme perfect. I'd use it even without Alpha legends on it. Honestly this is looking great. This set is a complete win for me. Take my money.

Offline Hisui

• Team Yeen
« Reply #74 on: Mon, 25 November 2019, 00:07:46 »
Love the new kits, on Hiragana kit, can we get latin with hiragana sublegends? Thx a ton for changes.
No problem! and the poll I linked in my last comment actually mentions the hiragana sublegends kit! Please do vote for it in the poll, thanks so much for your feedback!

Offline Hisui

• Team Yeen
Re: [IC] GMK Moon Dust | FINAL UPDATE! GB, Kits, Pricing!!!!!!
« Reply #75 on: Sun, 29 December 2019, 15:35:15 »
Update on the original post!!

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #76 on: Sun, 29 December 2019, 18:20:54 »
Base kit looks nice. Loving the 1.5 fn key here

Online dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #77 on: Wed, 08 January 2020, 11:50:24 »
GB IS LIVE!
ends 1 Feb 2020