Author Topic: XC Cables  (Read 91994 times)

Offline Zapheo

• There's nothing that I wouldn't do.
Re: XC Cables - February Custom color Sale (Sale is Live!!)
« Reply #150 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 21:50:15 »
Paid. :D
I need more keyboards to hold all of these keycaps.

Offline calmfries

• Formerly CalvinXC
  • Broke af
« Reply #151 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 21:54:27 »

Is this still open? Can I order multiple cables of different colors?
Still open until I change the sale status and remove the order link. :)
B87 | TGR 910 CE

Offline calmfries

• Formerly CalvinXC
  • Broke af
« Reply #152 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 21:55:37 »

Invoice paid and e-mail sent. :thumb:
Good, will reply the email later.

Paid. :D
Good good :thumb:
B87 | TGR 910 CE

Offline lashiel

« Reply #153 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 22:14:47 »

Cool. If I want 2 cables of different lengths, should I submit a second form or email you, or what?

Offline calmfries

• Formerly CalvinXC
  • Broke af
« Reply #154 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 22:21:10 »

Cool. If I want 2 cables of different lengths, should I submit a second form or email you, or what?
You can submit another one, I'll send you one invoice that include both. :)
B87 | TGR 910 CE

Offline lashiel

« Reply #155 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 23:06:42 »

You can submit another one, I'll send you one invoice that include both. :)

Sweet! Submitted another one. Love the look of these.

Thanks for answering my questions so quickly!

Offline CoolGrayAJ

« Reply #156 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 10:22:03 »
Invoice Paid. I do however, have a shipping address issue, and I've emailed you about it. Thanks for this, XC Cables!

HHKB         Razer BlackWidow     Steelseries 6gv2         Logitech G710+
                   Evil Geniuses Edition   MX Red & Brown

Offline HekusuTekusu

« Reply #157 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 02:25:42 »
Just dropping in to say I finally got my debut cable. It takes awhile to ship anything up here.

Here are a couple of potato pics.

Just waiting on my CPSQ and the skidata+ now.
| Das 3 Ult MX BRW | PokerII MX BLK | KUL-ES87 MX CLR | Planck MX GRE | HHKB Pro JP |  CPSQ-1800 GAT BLK | HHKB Pro 2 | NYM96 GAT RED |

Offline Jedi

« Reply #158 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 08:38:38 »
Are you able to make a filco replacement cable?  I have a Majestouch-2 and the USB cable is loose and broken.  I have heard people can make a "detachable version" or simply make a replacement.  Is this a cable you can produce?

Offline calmfries

• Formerly CalvinXC
  • Broke af
« Reply #159 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 11:54:23 »

Are you able to make a filco replacement cable?  I have a Majestouch-2 and the USB cable is loose and broken.  I have heard people can make a "detachable version" or simply make a replacement.  Is this a cable you can produce?
Hi, I've heard that Filco connector uses a different connector, and it's made by a Japanese company. So far I don't have the crimp tool for that. So I can't make any Filco cable yet.

I think it's better to have a detachable cable mod.
B87 | TGR 910 CE

Offline calmfries

• Formerly CalvinXC
  • Broke af
« Reply #160 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 12:02:37 »
Hey guys, just a quick update. I have to apologize for not replying emails for the past one day.

Was preparing and busy for a lunar new year reunion party. It's now about 2am in the morning and I'm very tired.

I will be back to replying emails for order customization and probably close the sale as orders are very close to the limit. Of course, after I wake up.

Thanks for the huge support and all the orders, I will extend the customization period for few more days, so no worries. :p
B87 | TGR 910 CE

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #161 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 12:36:04 »
Hey guys, just a quick update. I have to apologize for not replying emails for the past one day.

Was preparing and busy for a lunar new year reunion party. It's now about 2am in the morning and I'm very tired.

I will be back to replying emails for order customization and probably close the sale as orders are very close to the limit. Of course, after I wake up.

Thanks for the huge support and all the orders, I will extend the customization period for few more days, so no worries. :p

Get some sleep, mang! You did mention these will take a while.  :rolleyes:
It's just a hobby!

Offline calmfries

• Formerly CalvinXC
  • Broke af
« Reply #162 on: Sun, 14 February 2016, 07:00:59 »
Hey guys, I'm back. Sorry for the delay in replying emails though. No worries, I'm reading all the emails now.
B87 | TGR 910 CE

Offline Liam

« Reply #163 on: Sun, 14 February 2016, 08:12:17 »
The core look a little bit unsafe to me :(
IBM Model M - Leopold 750r - Custom Numpad

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #164 on: Sun, 14 February 2016, 15:43:13 »

What do you mean by "core"?
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline Liam

« Reply #165 on: Sun, 14 February 2016, 22:11:35 »

I mean cable. Sorry for my poor Eng ;D.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #166 on: Sun, 14 February 2016, 23:33:59 »

Oh no it's all good. What about it does it make you assume that it's unsafe? I'm just a little curious, from my viewpoint it looks like a rather quality cable. Generally in a cable each individual wire has heat shrink around it and then one big heat shield to enclose all the wires. Rather than using one big heat shield to enclose all the wires, Calvin twists the wires similar to a rope to hold everything together and make a tight cable.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline Liam

« Reply #167 on: Mon, 15 February 2016, 01:15:05 »

Oh no it's all good. What about it does it make you assume that it's unsafe? I'm just a little curious, from my viewpoint it looks like a rather quality cable. Generally in a cable each individual wire has heat shrink around it and then one big heat shield to enclose all the wires. Rather than using one big heat shield to enclose all the wires, Calvin twists the wires similar to a rope to hold everything together and make a tight cable.
Yeah that's the point. The cables aren't protected so it seem a little bit unsafe to me. Maybe cover it with some kind of transparent material make me feel safer :)) That's just my opinion. All the cables look great and quality tho.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #168 on: Mon, 15 February 2016, 01:41:50 »

Yeah that's the point. The cables aren't protected so it seem a little bit unsafe to me. Maybe cover it with some kind of transparent material make me feel safer :)) That's just my opinion. All the cables look great and quality tho.

No one is making you buy this style of cable

Offline Sissy

« Reply #169 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 02:30:16 »

Not exactly sure what you are doing with your cables to make this seem unsafe

Offline calmfries

• Formerly CalvinXC
  • Broke af
Re: XC Cables - February Custom color Sale (Customizing orders)
« Reply #170 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 02:59:19 »

Thanks for stating that Steezus, great explanation  :thumb:

Hi Liam,

I understand your concern about the safety but I'm here to talk a little about it. I got my inspiration from custom made audio cables like those from Double Helix cables, Effect Audio and etc. Most of the case, you don't see them adding additional materials to cover it up.

First, it will sacrifice the flexibility of the cable, as for now my cables hold a certain shape because I braid them following the curve of the wires (almost any wire will have certain amount of "memory" unless you straighten it). if I am to add a layer of clear flexible heat shrink over it, it will never be as flexible as it is naked. Second, the cable is meant to use with keyboards and generally keyboards draw very small amount of power (I think, correct me if i'm wrong), so the concern of any leakage of electricity is negligible. Third, if you're concerned about durability. Yes, I have to admit exposing the wires is a little risky, if 2 strand of wires from the same connection point(carrying the same signal, ie, both the wires carrying the data signal)is broken, then it will stop working.

So, if you're having knives, scissors or any sharp materials that will potentially damage the cable lying around on your table, then I have to say it have the potential to damage your keyboard, keycaps and etc as well. Oh, don't forget if you have pets that like to chew things up.

Your point is good, just that it will have to forgo a few things to achieve that. And IF it is a huge concern for you, I think you will be better having a nice premium sleeved cable. Really appreciate your input  :thumb:
B87 | TGR 910 CE

Offline calmfries

• Formerly CalvinXC
  • Broke af
« Reply #171 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 03:01:33 »

No one is making you buy this style of cable
lol, but you bought  ;)

Not exactly sure what you are doing with your cables to make this seem unsafe

Me neither  :rolleyes:

B87 | TGR 910 CE

Offline CoolGrayAJ

« Reply #172 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 17:35:36 »
Well I don't know about you guys, but I am 100% excited to get this baby on my HHKB.

HHKB         Razer BlackWidow     Steelseries 6gv2         Logitech G710+
                   Evil Geniuses Edition   MX Red & Brown

Offline totallycaked

• You wouldn't like me when I'm angry
« Reply #173 on: Sat, 27 February 2016, 00:58:22 »
Extremely excited for this cable on my Novatouch!

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #174 on: Sat, 27 February 2016, 17:12:49 »

Can confirm:

Will be posting more details once I have some time.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline calmfries

• Formerly CalvinXC
  • Broke af
« Reply #175 on: Sun, 28 February 2016, 02:09:33 »

Can confirm:

Show Image

Will be posting more details once I have some time.

Nice shot, hope you like it.

To those that joined the latest sale, I am very sorry for not responding to emails and such for a very long time. I am now back to working on it and I will try my best to finalize all the orders. Thank you for your patience.  :D
B87 | TGR 910 CE

Offline calmfries

• Formerly CalvinXC
  • Broke af
« Reply #176 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 09:44:11 »
Hey guys, I'm back for an update. Just be prepared this is not a good news.  :(

I'm going to refund all the orders for the february sale, I can no longer fulfill the orders at this pace, and for a peace of mind (mine and yours too), I will refund all the orders and sorry to waste your time emailing me and etc. I'm really sorry. The reason is I just started university and I'm putting lots of time in it as I don't want to screw with my studies, don't get me wrong, I really wish I can deliver the orders to all of you guys. You guys gave me immense amount of support, sadly I just can't cope up with 24hrs a day, having to do revision and those assignments and some personal projects. The pressure is really catching me up and sometimes I can't sleep well thinking that I have 40-50 cables to make and I'm digging time to even check emails and PM.

I am truly sorry for cancelling this sale, but I will do a full refund. (at least I'm not disappearing with the money for 6 months)

But this is not the end guys, I'm not leaving GH and quit making cables forever, I'll most probably open a small and quicker sale with about 10 orders in future if I have a trimester break. With that I will be more happy making them with my own pace.

Thank you guys for the huge support, but I'm taking a short break from this.
B87 | TGR 910 CE

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #177 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 10:50:26 »

I'm going to refund all the orders for the february sale, I can no longer fulfill the orders at this pace, and for a peace of mind (mine and yours too), I will refund all the orders and sorry to waste your time emailing me and etc. I'm really sorry. The reason is I just started university and I'm putting lots of time in it as I don't want to screw with my studies, don't get me wrong, I really wish I can deliver the orders to all of you guys. You guys gave me immense amount of support, sadly I just can't cope up with 24hrs a day, having to do revision and those assignments and some personal projects. The pressure is really catching me up and sometimes I can't sleep well thinking that I have 40-50 cables to make and I'm digging time to even check emails and PM.

I am truly sorry for cancelling this sale, but I will do a full refund. (at least I'm not disappearing with the money for 6 months)

But this is not the end guys, I'm not leaving GH and quit making cables forever, I'll most probably open a small and quicker sale with about 10 orders in future if I have a trimester break. With that I will be more happy making them with my own pace.

I really appreciate you coming forward and knowing when you are in over your head. Thanks for being awesome with the communication of everything.

I wish you the best of luck at school and in all your projects  :thumb:

I'm sure I will get my hands on one of your awesome cables later!

Offline calmfries

• Formerly CalvinXC
  • Broke af
Re: XC Cables - February Custom color Sale (all refunded)
« Reply #178 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 11:04:49 »
Guys, check your Paypal, all orders should be refunded the exact amount you paid. Thank you.
B87 | TGR 910 CE

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #179 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 11:07:00 »
Aww, that's a bummer. Glad you're able to commit to your studies, as those are most important.

Please let me know when you can make some cables, as I really would like to get one to match my Jane!

Offline calmfries

• Formerly CalvinXC
  • Broke af
« Reply #180 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 11:11:04 »

I really appreciate you coming forward and knowing when you are in over your head. Thanks for being awesome with the communication of everything.

I wish you the best of luck at school and in all your projects  :thumb:

I'm sure I will get my hands on one of your awesome cables later!

Thanks for the support until this moment, really appreciate it.  :'(

Seeing some "very very" reputable GH members getting into trouble by holding other people's money for months and so on drama just made me uneasy in my head as I'm really near to the date for fulfilling orders but no further progress at the customization phase. I couldn't sleep well with all the pressure. Hope the others understand my situation as well. Really sorry for ruining this sale.

I will be back with some mini sales in the future when I'm free.  :thumb:
B87 | TGR 910 CE

Offline Jedi

« Reply #181 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 14:25:42 »
You're a super guy and don't even sweat it.  Do your thing man, get your education done first.  Group buys can come during the summer or winter breaks.  You're a very honest and decent GH member and look man we know that cable manufacture is tedious and time consuming.  If it was so easy, hell people would come around here saying all sort of other stuff.

You did the best thing, and you did the RIGHT thing.  This thread will always be here to show evidence of your honesty and determination to your work for anyone that wants to say otherwise (and trust me they won't). 

And don't worry, custom cables will be a desirable thing for many more group buys to come.  The custom keycap craze isn't going anywhere and there are going to be plenty of keyboards and cap sets to come out that will all need a good custom cable.  You'll always be able to come back and bring more cables to the community and the community in turn will be here to support you.

Now quit checking the forums and get back to your studies  :thumb:

Offline diqkiq

« Reply #182 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 15:59:06 »
Hey Calvin. I'm bummed about my cable order but you do have your priorities in the right order. Thanks for being forthcoming
Filco Majestouch TKL, Noppoo Choc Mini, Realforce 87 55g, Model M TKL, Ducky Shine 3 TKL, KC60, Planck.

Offline calmfries

• Formerly CalvinXC
  • Broke af
« Reply #183 on: Sat, 16 April 2016, 03:33:08 »
You're a super guy and don't even sweat it.  Do your thing man, get your education done first.  Group buys can come during the summer or winter breaks.  You're a very honest and decent GH member and look man we know that cable manufacture is tedious and time consuming.  If it was so easy, hell people would come around here saying all sort of other stuff.

You did the best thing, and you did the RIGHT thing.  This thread will always be here to show evidence of your honesty and determination to your work for anyone that wants to say otherwise (and trust me they won't). 

And don't worry, custom cables will be a desirable thing for many more group buys to come.  The custom keycap craze isn't going anywhere and there are going to be plenty of keyboards and cap sets to come out that will all need a good custom cable.  You'll always be able to come back and bring more cables to the community and the community in turn will be here to support you.

Now quit checking the forums and get back to your studies  :thumb:
Thank you for the kind words, I think I'm doing fine for my studies now.

Hey Calvin. I'm bummed about my cable order but you do have your priorities in the right order. Thanks for being forthcoming

Really sorry that I cancelled the sale and thanks for the support.  :D

B87 | TGR 910 CE

Offline calmfries

• Formerly CalvinXC
  • Broke af
« Reply #184 on: Sat, 16 April 2016, 03:40:09 »
Just a hint for what's coming next.

I will be having my semester break in May, so I will have quite some time for making cables. Most probably I will make a small(about 20 cables?) and quick sale in early May and looking to deliver all of them in end of May. Same colors, same method of customization.

erm.. Should I say stay tuned?  ;)
B87 | TGR 910 CE

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #185 on: Sat, 16 April 2016, 11:45:07 »

I will be having my semester break in May, so I will have quite some time for making cables. Most probably I will make a small(about 20 cables?) and quick sale in early May and looking to deliver all of them in end of May. Same colors, same method of customization.

YES.

Offline Willyc277

« Reply #186 on: Sun, 17 April 2016, 03:22:33 »

I'd love to get my hands on one! I imagine you will be able to sell as many as you can make!

Offline dannrawr

« Reply #187 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 21:15:50 »

nicee ;D

WTF any Bruce, Cosmonauts

Offline zennasyndroxx

• It's good to be back!
« Reply #188 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 06:13:56 »

nice! i want one :p

Offline rrrsss

Re: XC Cables - May Sale (coming soon)
« Reply #189 on: Wed, 13 July 2016, 21:21:21 »
are you still active? i want to buy some custom cables off you!

Offline ntw

« Reply #190 on: Wed, 13 July 2016, 22:27:52 »
stop being outside with your new shoes calvinxc!! we need you back making pretty braided cables!!
Wishlist: Hungrkey, Creamsicle Skullthulhu, MDMAver Skullthulhu, Goo, Taka

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #191 on: Wed, 13 July 2016, 22:40:26 »
stop being outside with your new shoes calvinxc!! we need you back making pretty braided cables!!

^

Offline juahenza

• DoSmallThingswithGreatLove
« Reply #192 on: Wed, 13 July 2016, 23:57:30 »

Perfect for Skidata+  ;D
456GT | TGR Jane CE | Dolphin v2 | Whale | 360c | LZ FE | LZ IRON | TX-CP | Varmilo VA87M | HHKB P2 | IBM SSK P.1397681| IBM Industrial SSK P.1395682 | VE.A | Realforce 87u | Datamancer Streamline TKL | Datamancer Mechinist TKL | TANK v1 | RAMA M-4 | Realforce 108UW-HIPRO

Offline mrboovn

« Reply #193 on: Thu, 14 July 2016, 01:13:33 »
Show Image

Perfect for Skidata+  ;D
Now I regret for not buying this :(
OTD 356 mini- 360c-456GT-356CL DGE-DK Saver(ALPS Green) | Duck Eagle V1+V2-Viper V1+V2-Poker-Pad-Orion V2-Octagon V2-Lightsaver V2-Kingsaver | KMAC Happy(60%)-Happy HHKB |LZ GH -LZ MX Mini | 2x TGR-CE-2x TGR 910 | TX CP | Dolphin V2-GH Edition|EM7 GH|ENVKX|M5-92|E8-V1|Exent|Matrix Abel|VNMK MX-Mini | Cherry G80-5000HAMRB |Realforce 108UW Hi Pro-45g 55UW-HHKB
Octagon v2-LSV v2-KMAC 1.2-Blackbird

https://www.flickr.com/gp/97473780@N08/10mLE5

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #194 on: Thu, 14 July 2016, 08:19:23 »
Title change. Coming soon, eh?

Offline calmfries

• Formerly CalvinXC
  • Broke af
Re: XC Cables
« Reply #195 on: Thu, 14 July 2016, 10:50:50 »
Sorry, currently I'm not active and not ready to make any cables. But if there is enough request, I may consider doing a small sale (probably like 10 orders) as I'm quite busy now.

lol, shhhhh  ;)

^
lol, actually I just can't afford anything without any extra income  :'(
B87 | TGR 910 CE

Offline calmfries

• Formerly CalvinXC
  • Broke af
« Reply #196 on: Thu, 14 July 2016, 10:57:12 »
Show Image

Perfect for Skidata+  ;D
Nice shot, I like your lil tim and goo. And the skidata+ too, but I'm broke af   :-X

Show Image

Perfect for Skidata+  ;D
Now I regret for not buying this :(
You should  :))  Actually they are not limited, "if" there is another sale in future, make sure you don't miss it.

Title change. Coming soon, eh?
I changed it in april, but I was too busy with my holiday and couldn't make it. So yeah..
B87 | TGR 910 CE

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #197 on: Mon, 18 July 2016, 23:39:20 »
Sorry, currently I'm not active and not ready to make any cables. But if there is enough request, I may consider doing a small sale (probably like 10 orders) as I'm quite busy now.

You can put me down for one.  :thumb:

Offline totallycaked

• You wouldn't like me when I'm angry
« Reply #198 on: Fri, 22 July 2016, 00:09:10 »

You can put me down for one.  :thumb:

Ditto. I was part of the buy that got cancelled a few months ago, and haven't been able to satisfy my needs for this cable!

Offline dannrawr

« Reply #199 on: Sat, 23 July 2016, 22:59:03 »
1 for me :D

WTF any Bruce, Cosmonauts