Author Topic: Unpopular Keyboard Opinions  (Read 1248950 times)

Offline Elocutive

Re: Unpopular Keyboard Opinions
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 09:54:37 »
I regret buying the keyboard I buy pretty much the instant after I make the transaction because my keyboard interests change so much, and feel like it is an insane am out of money to spend on a keyboard, regardless of the quality.
LZCE- Black, red, ergo clears

Wanting Skeldon

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #51 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 10:00:21 »
* ErgoDox is overrated.

Very.

* Cherry stabilisers > Costar stabilisers.

So much this.
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline yasuo

• spanengan puyeng newbie
« Reply #52 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 10:07:45 »
clipping chery feel more better
Logitech MK220 Colemak DH
SplitSyml by Moz BlacksMx fuk blacks

2/3 8.5pm                                          in de la my september month ya da all get my fukka "fake message"

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #53 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 10:08:06 »
1.ergo clears suck

2.vintage blacks with a spring swap is the most idiotic thing ever. the point of it being vintage is that its used and settled in. same with unused vintage black

3. i truly see no point in linear switches, just stick to rubberdome.

4. clack therapy thread and how people act when they dont win something is geekhack's cancer. grow the **** up.

5. i feel no difference between abs or pbt

6. clipping stabs is a placebo

7. after market price around otd boards is stupid

8. if youve spent more than 100 on boards and cant touch type. just.. leave.

9. backlighting is for children
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 November 2014, 10:13:01 by demik »
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline skuko

« Reply #54 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 10:13:41 »
9. backlighting is for children

this 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000+ times. can't freaking stand backlit boards.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #55 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 10:15:44 »
Most people don't know what they like they just go along with the crowd.

Offline evolveS

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #56 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 10:18:36 »
1. I like the sound of buckling springs, but it's pretty fatiguing and obviously not portable. Those boards are collector pieces.
2. I haven't driven a 40% for any reasonable amount of time, but it seems like too much usability is sacrificed for portability. The Planck project looks interesting because of the columnar layout though, so I'll bite.
3. OEM profile is too high.
4. DSA profile doesn't seem worth adjusting to for cosmetic reasons alone.
5. Scoops are just better than bars.
6. Flipped spacebars are still ergonomic.

I love this thread.
"money comes and goes, but doubleshots are forever"
-a petty thief

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Reply #57 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 10:19:09 »
1. I don't think Filco is overpriced because at least you get a quality board (even if I don't use mine anymore).

2. Nothing beats a model F. I have not tried every switch, but nothing beats a model F anyway.

3. The SSK layout is awesome, just need to have a model F with it now. Numpads are useless to me. I can understand that it can be useful to some, but id you don't need one, don't get it.

4. Full size keyboard are stupid and bad for the shoulders unless you don't use a mouse. Either get a TKL layout or get a layout like a TKL but with the numpad instead of nav cluster. Anyway, numlock lets you use it as a nav cluster when needed even in OLD keyboards.

5. All keyboards should be fully programmable with layers and NKRO.

6. Keycaps cost way *** too much and for cherry MX I just don't see why they are not all cherry profile. OEM profile is **** and is the only reason why someone should buy another keyset.

7. Backlight keyboards are like neon on a civic.
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #58 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 10:20:34 »

Related:

Polls to decide on a keyboard layout (or other product design feature) are worthless. People think they want something, but they have no idea. You have to tell someone what they need, not ask them what they want.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #59 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 10:27:05 »
10. backslash is part of the alpha set. stop giving it ****ing mod colors. same with 1/esc on 60% boards. this aint 'Nam, THERE ARE RULES.

11. enough with the vomit color schemes ffs

man looks like i can do this all day.

point blank, hhkb godlike keyboard. nothing compares. and if you say different youve never been so wrong.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #60 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 10:50:21 »
So much hate in this thread.  :'(  You can like something unpopular too, doesn't always need to be negative.  :P

I guess my unpopular opinion is that I LOVE all sorts of keyboards.  I may love some more than others, but there isn't much that I don't like.

Also, I love all of you guys, despite your hatred.   :-*

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #61 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 10:51:22 »
Also, I love all of you guys, despite your hatred.

I LOVE YOU TOO HOFF

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #62 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 10:53:57 »
We love you too Hoff. Bro love.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline yasuo

« Reply #63 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 11:15:43 »
this is not only in keyboard almost anything :eek:
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 November 2014, 11:34:55 by yasuo »

2/3 8.5pm                                          in de la my september month ya da all get my fukka "fake message"

Offline ConscienceDrop

• a-are these pbt?
« Reply #64 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 11:25:44 »
i) HHKB layout is bad, the arrow cluster is stupid

j) programmability is nice, but the gods honest truth is most presets are probably better than 'your' layout if you would just get used to them. (besides the hhkb layout)

k) back lighting is functional, sometimes i need to one-hand type in the dark (rainbow patterns are still not acceptable)

l) custom cases that are held together by bolts on the corners are the ugliest thing i have ever seen

m) people who think certain modern boards work better/worse with certain modern OS are speaking total nonsense.

n) "Gaming" should never ever ever even slightly factor into your purchase of a keyboard. buy a real keyboard, if you happen to game on it fine. your real keyboard will have nkro or 6+ kro already, that's more than enough.
anything ever that has "gaming" on it just avoid; that's straight up life advice.

o) brown switches are by leaps and bounds the best of the common four (red, blue, black, brown) switches.

p) linear switches are pointless unless super heavy. if you dont rock a full board of MX super black and you still use linear you are doing it wrong

q) rubber dome are not "fine/okay/acceptable" keyboards are not "subjective". yes there will be a disagreement at the 'top' level of taste between switches and other things that impact feel but there is still an objectively inferior aspect to scissor/rubber dome keyboards.
when you say rubber dome are 'fine' its like you are saying you kia is a 'fine' alternative to someone else's Ferrari. its not. ferrari v Bugatti might be a more nuanced conversation, that's fine; but the inferiority of cheap ass boards is not debatable on 'subjective' grounds. 

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #65 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 11:48:43 »
Unpopular you say? Let's get unpopular.

Keyboard is a tool for typing.

Majority of Geekhack and the keyboard enthusiast communities overall is just a posh circlejerk masturbating to novelty keycaps, Thorpe and Korean customs. There's no common sense involved and the ignorance is reaching the level of hi-end audio hype at head-fi. Most keyboard-related discussions outside the keyboard community are full of ignorance as well. "any mechanical keyboard is more durable and feels better than rubber domes" WTF?

Split Microsoft Sculpt keyboard is much better than vast majority of available mechanical keyboards.

Speaking of that, Apple Aluminium keyboards are rubbish. Wireless connection and backlighting are also disadvantages. Pushing sound cards, USB hubs, volume controls, etc. into keyboards is pure idiocy.

Kinesis Advantage and "Truly Ergonomic" are wasted $200, due to crippled proprietary firmware. Kinesis Advantage is worth the remaining $100 only because of customer support. TECK isn't, because its customer support doesn't exist.

ABS keycaps are stupid. POM ought to be industry standard, due to their overall durability. Printing is overrated, doubleshots included. DSA feels cheap (besides being too tight on stems).

Differences among switches are overrated. Some switch modifications (like stickers) are as stupid as audiophiles swapping ultimate cables. Cherry MY aren't bad, they just aren't meant for most enthusiasts' use case.

Colemak is overrated and the ZXCV argument is dumb. (But no, QWERTY isn't "good enough".)

People, that rest their hands while typing on a normal keyboard, should pay higher insurance.

Clicky switches are only for those, who can't enable click emulation in software/buzzer.
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 November 2014, 11:51:05 by davkol »

Offline Battou62

« Reply #66 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 12:06:37 »

This is the most cringeworthy post I have read all day. Then I realized demik is trolling everyone.

Offline yasuo

« Reply #67 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 12:18:15 »
Split Microsoft Sculpt keyboard is much better than vast majority of available mechanical keyboards.
this is have dual sgg like tipro 122 :eek:

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #68 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 12:26:22 »

This is the most cringeworthy post I have read all day. Then I realized demik is trolling everyone.

except, not. at least personally i find linear boring and wouldnt waste money on it.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #69 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 12:34:59 »
this is have dual sgg like tipro 122 :eek:
Show Image

That's not the split MS Sculpt, although it isn't all that bad either AFAIK. I meant the Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard, which is tenkeyless. It's a pity they apparently don't make a wired version.

There's non-standard staggering on the top row, which is something I don't like, but the ISO version makes angle layout mod possible at the very least.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #70 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 12:35:49 »
10. backslash is part of the alpha set. stop giving it ****ing mod colors. same with 1/esc on 60% boards. this aint 'Nam, THERE ARE RULES.

11. enough with the vomit color schemes

10.  Symmetry 4 lyfe.

11 Unicorn vomit sucks, manly unicorn is awesome.

So much hate in this thread.  :'(  You can like something unpopular too, doesn't always need to be negative.  :P

Time for likes then:

I think shiny Cherry ABS is more fun to use than new Cherry or GMK ABS.

The PBT sets from my typewriter feels better than the Cherry PBT (thin and some thick mods) I have.

TA typewriter PBT >Cherry GMK ABS>Cherry PBT

I prefer good scissor switches to Cherry ML and Model M style buckling spring.

I think there's a lot of stagnation in mechs because people are more concerned with caps than a better experience. 

Making stuff together and off topic are the best subforums.
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 November 2014, 12:49:07 by nubbinator »

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #71 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 12:50:33 »
1. Some scissors switches on laptops are pretty good

2. I love flat keyboards, the smaller the angle the better!

3. DSA is awesome (and an LP set would be sweet)

4. I think most ergonomics keyboards are poorly masked snake oil ("natural" typing and posture is completely personal)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #72 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 12:57:43 »
Oh another one.  I think that keyboards should have a negative angle, with the high part in the front and short part in the back.

Offline Battou62

« Reply #73 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 12:59:14 »

except, not. at least personally i find linear boring and wouldnt waste money on it.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #74 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 13:06:44 »
ssk overrated as ****

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Reply #75 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 13:07:56 »
ssk overrated as ****

It's only problem is being an M and not an F. Poor ssk lol.
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #76 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 13:08:10 »
ssk overrated as ****

almost as overrated as the HHKB  ^-^

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #77 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 13:08:30 »
If the HHKB was my first experience with topre I'd have gone back to cherry.

Offline Xowie

• On Sabbatical
« Reply #78 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 13:13:27 »
Based solely on the comments of this thread, my unpopular keyboard opinion is that HHKB is the best board.
RETIRED

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #79 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 13:22:39 »
4. I think most ergonomics keyboards are poorly masked snake oil ("natural" typing and posture is completely personal)
Like this?

Problem: Although alternative keyboards promote safer postures, their implementation is impeded by the initial reduced productivity. The objective of this study was to assess the effect of training on typing efficiency on two ergonomic keyboards (Maltron and Goldtouch).

Method: Thirty volunteers (20 trained and 10 untrained) typed a standardized text on each keyboard. Bilateral wrist motion, overall applied force, surface electromyography (EMG), and typing performance were continuously monitored.

Results:   The one-way ANOVA with repeated measures revealed that training decreased the applied force significantly for both Maltron (p<0.031) and Goldtouch (p<0.022). Training affected the typing speed (p<0.027 and p<0.008 for Goldtouch and Maltron, respectively) and error rate (p<0.039 and p<0.007 for Goldtouch and Maltron, respectively). However, training did not influence wrist motion and EMG muscle activity.

Conclusions: Due to the fact that the increase in performance following the training period did not cause higher muscle activity, ergonomic keyboards may constitute a solution for reducing typing related musculoskeletal problems.

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #80 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 13:25:41 »

Show Image

I'll take your side, mr Lee...

Offline FoxWolf1

« Reply #81 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 13:32:25 »
Few more...

11. If you like plastic toys integrated into your keyboard, why settle for little custom keycaps when you can get a whole keyboard with dragon style design?

12. We should be buying a greater variety of keyboards, not just the same ones over and over. We're looked to as a hub of knowledge about such things, but the reality is that even if you only consider western sites like ebay and amazon, there are a lot of mechanical keyboards out there that I wager not one of us has any firsthand experience of. Some of these might well have features that turn out to be good, or perhaps even good build quality or a good price-quality ratio, but we'll never know because even the heavy collectors tend to buy and chase the same few things, instead of competing to find and reveal things that were previously "unexplored" by the community.

13. Many "gamer" features can actually be useful, but usually not for anything having to do with gaming. Remember, most features that are now marketed as "gamer features", like side macro keys, little screens on the keyboard, NKRO, etc. were done by non-gaming keyboards first, and only started to be marketed towards gamers later.
Oberhofer Model 1101 | PadTech Hall Effect (Prototype) | RK RC930-104 v2 | IBM Model M | Noppoo TANK | Keycool Hero 104

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #82 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 13:55:14 »

QWERTY character layout is * edit : was * to prevent neighbouring keys being pressed too rapidly in succession and jamming the gravity returned hammers.

Oh wait.. WE DON'T HAVE THESE THINGS ANY MORE. Yet the design has persisted, due to being familiar.

It's not logical, it's not comfortable or ergonomic, it's not even symmetrical or aesthetic.

But it does look good.

The ONLY reason to use it is familiarity. When the only reason you still do something a certain way is tradition, it's time to make a change, based on more current requirements.

I disagree entirely. Yes, we are accustomed to it.

But I believe that a staggered layout increases accuracy and prevents a great number of false keypresses that would have just grazed the edge of an adjacent key. I believe that having the center point which you are aiming at staggered in at least one direction enhances precision.

State Freedom Caucus News 2024
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline johndavis33

« Reply #83 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 14:16:55 »
Filcos are extremely overrated.

All of the lighter MX switches are trash.

Not exactly a keyboard opinion, but trackpoint > trackball.

Infact, I think trackpoints should be standard on all keyboards, especially on all laptops.
HAVE AND WILL KEEP: HHKB - Printed white | Ducky Banana edition - Whites | Model M13 | Unidentified Goodwill keyboard - Simplified black ALPS
TOO BE SOLD: TG3 BL82 - Clears | Wheelwrite 5 - Buckling Springs typewriter
SOLD: Rosewill RK9000 - Blacks | QFR - Blues | Ducky G2 Pro - Greens |
IT WILL BE MINE: Northgate Omnikey - White ALPS

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #84 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 14:21:48 »
I think trackpoints should be standard on all keyboards, especially on all laptops.

I just wish that I could re-map 2 of my unused keys to left- and right- mouse click.
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #85 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 14:25:24 »
I believe
Yes.

I think trackpoints should be standard on all keyboards, especially on all laptops.
I just wish that I could re-map 2 of my unused keys to left- and right- mouse click.
You can, can't you? It's implemented in TMK at least IIRC.

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #86 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 14:39:19 »
Like this?

Problem: Although alternative keyboards promote safer postures, their implementation is impeded by the initial reduced productivity. The objective of this study was to assess the effect of training on typing efficiency on two ergonomic keyboards (Maltron and Goldtouch).

Method: Thirty volunteers (20 trained and 10 untrained) typed a standardized text on each keyboard. Bilateral wrist motion, overall applied force, surface electromyography (EMG), and typing performance were continuously monitored.

Results:   The one-way ANOVA with repeated measures revealed that training decreased the applied force significantly for both Maltron (p<0.031) and Goldtouch (p<0.022). Training affected the typing speed (p<0.027 and p<0.008 for Goldtouch and Maltron, respectively) and error rate (p<0.039 and p<0.007 for Goldtouch and Maltron, respectively). However, training did not influence wrist motion and EMG muscle activity.

Conclusions: Due to the fact that the increase in performance following the training period did not cause higher muscle activity, ergonomic keyboards may constitute a solution for reducing typing related musculoskeletal problems.
Yeah, so here's the problem, I just read the article (I have a DeepDyve account) and this particular study is simply about 8h training sessions helping to increase proficiency with the new boards. It's not a study that says it reduces RSI.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #87 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 14:45:07 »
Although previous studies showed an improve-
ment in wrist posture (Hedge and Powers, 1995;
Marklin and Simoneau, 2001; Smith et al., 1998),
forearm pronation (Smith et al., 1998; Zecevic et
al., 2000), and tendon travel (Treaster and Marras,
2000), when typing on ergonomic keyboards
compared to conventional one, the replacement
costs and early decreased performance become
considerations.

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #88 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 15:09:36 »
* Alps' Black and Cream force curve with its high actuation point and drop is at fault for rubber domes getting popular.
Can you explain this one? What do you mean “at fault”? As far as I can tell the “popularity” of rubber dome keyboards in the 90s and after is entirely about (a) low cost, and perhaps (b) quiet sound.

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #89 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 15:15:53 »
1. all pbt keycaps except cherry ones blows

2. 45g type-s feels way more snappy/tactile than 55g rf

3. lubing topre boards is no bueno

4. most gon's looks awful
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #90 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 15:16:11 »
Yeah I didn't quite understand that one either. :/
I'm back.

Offline divito

« Reply #91 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 15:21:46 »
Let's hear them.

I'll start off.

1. I hate 60% boards, and rarely use my Poker 2. The lack of arrow keys kills me, and I can never be productive or get serious work done on one.

2. I think HHKB boards are overrated, and the layout dumber than a Poker. I think custom MX, HHKB layout boards are just as stupid (Viper, Happy).

3. I think Topre is overrated, and lower quality than MX (despite the higher price) as the board tends to get stiffer over time.

I approve of this message.
Varmilo (MX Grey) KeyCool 87 (MX Clear) Quickfire Stealth (MX Green)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #92 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 15:24:30 »
It's implemented in TMK at least IIRC.

What is TMK?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #94 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 15:38:57 »
I just thought of more

1) Mx blue switch is one of the noisiest switch ever. You can never browse at night and the click is very annoying.

2) Anyone typing in any other layout other than qwerty has little too much time on there hands. There is nothing wrong with qwerty

3) I still love my chiclet keyboard on my macbook. I think the macbook has the best chiclet keyboard.

4) Flipped spacebars look silly and does not assist your typing nor is it more "ergonomic".

5) Linear switches are a complete waste of money. you might as well buy a 6yr old rubber dome.

6) Anyone with more than 5 clacks has a hoarding problem and should give me one right away
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 November 2014, 15:40:46 by appleonama »

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #95 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 15:39:19 »
Making stuff together and off topic are the best subforums.
Off topic is the best because it keeps all the garbage and all the most childish forum members away from the other subforums. It’s like a prison or ebola quarantine: no one wants to spend time there, but we’re glad it exists for the sake of public safety.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #96 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 15:48:27 »

I just thought of more

1) Mx blue switch is one of the noisiest switch ever. You can never browse at night and the click is very annoying.

2) Anyone typing in any other layout other than qwerty has little too much time on there hands. There is nothing wrong with qwerty

3) I still love my chiclet keyboard on my macbook. I think the macbook has the best chiclet keyboard.

4) Flipped spacebars look silly and does not assist your typing nor is it more "ergonomic".

5) Linear switches are a complete waste of money. you might as well buy a 6yr old rubber dome.

6) Anyone with more than 5 clacks has a hoarding problem and should give me one right away

Yeah. Pretty much all of this. Except for the Mac kb stuff.
I'm back.

Offline Data

« Reply #97 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 15:53:33 »
I got nothing.  Only love.   :D

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #98 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 16:13:17 »
1. I think the Lightsaver looks silly

2. Thin keycaps feel bad and I have no interest in owning a set (means no toxic or raindrop etc.)

3. DSA looks horrible, the font that most DSA sets use looks horrible, the Retro set looks abyssmal

4. I like 75% .. yes you heard right.

5. I don't really  like the looks of all the CC caps. Candy Corn is the worst color scheme ever.

6. The term "Gaming" is stupid and gaming functionality is useless. No one should buy those products.

7. I never used the Win key and never will. Therefore I think that 84 key is the best layout for TKL.

8. Also, according to this thread I am one of the few people who think linear switches are amazing.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #99 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 16:18:34 »

5. Candy Corn is the worst color scheme ever.

8. Also, according to this thread I am one of the few people who think linear switches are amazing.

I wouldn't pay big bucks for weird caps, but I really like "Candy Corn" and "Beer with Head" colors.

My teenage son, a gamer, loves his black Cherry switches and thin soft O-rings on the keys he uses most.