Author Topic: (GB) TOXIC (shipping)  (Read 739150 times)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: (GB) TOXIC (production)
« Reply #1650 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 12:01:23 »
Quite disappointed they didn't turn out as they were originally imagined in the mockup.

Not quite toxic enough for me, more a pale green.

However, I am still looking forward to seeing them in the flesh and amongst my setup

Actual color of toxic GB cap on the right

Show Image

That SkeleBro is Amazing

Yes indeed, I bet all the youngsters here suddenly came in the shorts when they saw it.

Who would of thought that you could put that much detail onto a tiny piece of plastic, amazing that he is making these pieces of art that are actually better looking than the original Click Clacks.

Extremely good work here and I'm not sucking up to get one either, leave it to the real hardcore addicts who seem more devoted to these type of key-caps.  Dare I say it that if they receive one of these you'll hear a shout of glee across their district when they look upon their new prize.

I am kind of intrigued as to why you think it is predominantly the younger generation on Geekhack who have an interest in custom key caps.

At the prices many artisan key caps can sell for in the classifieds, I would be more inclined to think they are often bought by professionals with a significant amount of disposable income. Either way, I think anyone can come to appreciate the craftsmanship and effort that is involved in producing custom caps.

I think geekhack has its fair share of silver spoons.

Offline osi

« Reply #1651 on: Mon, 21 July 2014, 07:41:02 »
Quite disappointed they didn't turn out as they were originally imagined in the mockup.

However, I am still looking forward to seeing them in the flesh and amongst my setup

Show Image

That SkeleBro is Amazing

Yes indeed, I bet all the youngsters here suddenly came in the shorts when they saw it.

Who would of thought that you could put that much detail onto a tiny piece of plastic, amazing that he is making these pieces of art that are actually better looking than the original Click Clacks.

Extremely good work here and I'm not sucking up to get one either, leave it to the real hardcore addicts who seem more devoted to these type of key-caps.  Dare I say it that if they receive one of these you'll hear a shout of glee across their district when they look upon their new prize.

I am kind of intrigued as to why you think it is predominantly the younger generation on Geekhack who have an interest in custom key caps.

At the prices many artisan key caps can sell for in the classifieds, I would be more inclined to think they are often bought by professionals with a significant amount of disposable income. Either way, I think anyone can come to appreciate the craftsmanship and effort that is involved in producing custom caps.

I would like a silver spoon

Offline Heezy

• Formerly trynds
  • ★★★★★
« Reply #1652 on: Mon, 21 July 2014, 07:52:17 »

Show Image

That SkeleBro is Amazing

Rig - i3 6300, 240GB SSD, 500GB SSD, Gigabyte H170N Wifi, 16GB DDR4, Zotac 1060 Mini, 650w SuperFlower
Monitor - HKC144hz Mouse/Mousepad/Keyboard - Zowie EC1A - Zowie GS-R - Zowie Camade - Filco TKL MX Pink

Offline jesterjunk

• another  ·  in the cosmic bucket …
« Reply #1653 on: Mon, 21 July 2014, 10:03:44 »

The English language expression silver spoon is synonymous with wealth, especially inherited wealth; someone born into a wealthy family is said to have "been born with a silver spoon in his mouth". As an adjective, "silver-spoon" describes someone who has a prosperous background or is of a well-to-do family environment, often with the connotation that the person doesn't appreciate or deserve his or her advantage, it being inherited rather than earned. In Australia the expression "silvertail" is also used, with nearly identical meaning. It has been used in cultural or political situations to describe someone as aristocratic or out of touch with the common people.

Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver_spoon

« Last Edit: Mon, 21 July 2014, 10:23:01 by jesterjunk »
USA Filco Ninja Majestouch-2 FKBN104MC/EFB2 (MX blue)  +  Genovation 683 Controlpad (MX black)
Modifications:  Titanium spacebar, Aluminum Red Esc,  Zinc V2 Arrow set,  TOXIC key caps (ordered)

funny thread — Re-create MX Super Blacks on Winkey?

Offline bumgrapes

• Poker II
« Reply #1654 on: Mon, 21 July 2014, 10:42:09 »
Thanks, Jeeves.

@ Bunny, will we be getting a full shot anytime soon?

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #1655 on: Mon, 21 July 2014, 11:21:13 »
Thanks, Jeeves.

Bunny will likely post his own pictures the day he gets his sets.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1656 on: Mon, 21 July 2014, 11:22:56 »
Thanks, Jeeves.

this

once i have a set i will take pics for you
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline tmk1207

• Yêu Màu Tím
    • Vietnam Mechanical Keyboard Club <3
« Reply #1657 on: Mon, 21 July 2014, 12:26:03 »
Thanks, Jeeves.

this

once i have a set i will take pics for you

waiting :thumb:

Offline Freebird

• SSRCG
« Reply #1658 on: Mon, 21 July 2014, 12:49:38 »
Can't wait for these they look so awesome! Then I shall also have a bro set to play with too! I will have to ban myself from here for a while after  :cool:

Offline darkiedark

« Reply #1659 on: Mon, 21 July 2014, 19:26:52 »
soo, does anyone want to sell me their set? haha

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1660 on: Mon, 21 July 2014, 19:29:50 »

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55644.msg1394993#msg1394993

PM taylordcraig and see if their set is still available.
Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline Merloobi

« Reply #1661 on: Tue, 22 July 2014, 10:06:51 »

Still available

Offline darkiedark

« Reply #1662 on: Tue, 22 July 2014, 20:08:55 »
What?! Where is that? Ctrlalt site says unavailable for me.

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #1663 on: Tue, 22 July 2014, 20:14:37 »
Damn too slow. This set looks awesome though. Hopefully a round 2.

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1664 on: Tue, 22 July 2014, 20:15:09 »
What?! Where is that? Ctrlalt site says unavailable for me.
He's offering to sell his order, that's what he ordered. We can't still place new orders, production is practically done at this point.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline nereme

« Reply #1665 on: Wed, 23 July 2014, 02:17:12 »
Yes hes saying if you pay him what he paid for everything then either 1 of 2 things will happen:

1. he will contact bunny and have the delivery address changed for his order

2. He will just post them on when they arrive to him

i think 2 is more likely but with how well bunny is doing the GB 1 is highly possible too

Offline Belfong

« Reply #1666 on: Wed, 23 July 2014, 09:53:20 »
If you look at CTRLALT sub forum, I think there's a post by Bunny saying that he can't do transfer of ownership anymore. So I am not sure if you can sell your set before it is shipped.

Offline PandaSPUR

« Reply #1667 on: Wed, 23 July 2014, 12:57:39 »
Cant waittt.

Really wish I bought some reverse modifiers to go with the toxic alphas I bought later.

How much of a warning will we get before extras are put on sale?
Home:
Das Keyboard - MX Browns - Vortex Grey Side-Printed PBT Caps
Work:
KBT Pure - iKBC Aluminum Case - MX Reds
Vortex Poker II - Frosty on Lime Acrylic Case - MX Clears

Offline Merloobi

« Reply #1668 on: Wed, 23 July 2014, 13:04:53 »
If you look at CTRLALT sub forum, I think there's a post by Bunny saying that he can't do transfer of ownership anymore. So I am not sure if you can sell your set before it is shipped.

That does look like the case. No worries, I have no issues with reshipping the set once I receive it.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1669 on: Wed, 23 July 2014, 13:06:15 »

That does look like the case. No worries, I have no issues with reshipping the set once I receive it.

that will change at some point once we implement a better solution on the site, but at the moment if people can organize that stuff amongst themselves that would be great, once it changes i will let everyone know

Offline Merloobi

« Reply #1670 on: Wed, 23 July 2014, 13:09:52 »

that will change at some point once we implement a better solution on the site, but at the moment if people can organize that stuff amongst themselves that would be great, once it changes i will let everyone know

It is really not a big deal. Considering all the hard work you and the CtrlAlt team have been putting into these projects, handling the small logistics of reshipping should definitely be left to the individuals involved. Thanks again!

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #1671 on: Wed, 23 July 2014, 13:21:40 »
For everyone who missed out.
My set is for sale.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55644.msg1394993#msg1394993

Offline Toxic-i-

« Reply #1672 on: Wed, 23 July 2014, 19:58:27 »

Show Image

@ Bro caps    I will take the one on the left ;)  I think it looks good with my Toxic set :)
for Toxic-i- a Toxic Reaper ;)

Offline PandaSPUR

« Reply #1673 on: Thu, 24 July 2014, 23:11:40 »
I haven't been following this thread post-by-post recently, so I apologize if this has been answered... but...

Do we have any kind of vague timeline and status right now? The keys are in production (as per the thread title) but do we have any more details? I did see some of the pics and I love the color though :D

Updating the first post would be nice for guys like me who cant check the thread every day >.< thanks
Home:
Work:

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1674 on: Thu, 24 July 2014, 23:25:32 »
I haven't been following this thread post-by-post recently, so I apologize if this has been answered... but...

Do we have any kind of vague timeline and status right now? The keys are in production (as per the thread title) but do we have any more details? I did see some of the pics and I love the color though :D

Updating the first post would be nice for guys like me who cant check the thread every day >.< thanks

There's a new thread for status of all Ctrl Alt buys: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=60833.0
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline PandaSPUR

« Reply #1675 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 06:41:13 »

There's a new thread for status of all Ctrl Alt buys: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=60833.0

Ah! Thanks for that :D
Home:
Work:

Offline rippor

« Reply #1676 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 16:17:04 »
Any news on the Toxic boxes?

Offline jesterjunk

• another  ·  in the cosmic bucket …
« Reply #1677 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 21:38:31 »
USA Filco Ninja Majestouch-2 FKBN104MC/EFB2 (MX blue)  +  Genovation 683 Controlpad (MX black)
Modifications:  Titanium spacebar, Aluminum Red Esc,  Zinc V2 Arrow set,  TOXIC key caps (ordered)

funny thread — Re-create MX Super Blacks on Winkey?

Offline rippor

« Reply #1678 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 17:50:29 »
any news at all? boxes, caps, cables?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1679 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 18:07:54 »
any news at all? boxes, caps, cables?

all updates can be found here

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=60833.0

Offline Rewind

• Street Fighter
  • Drive slow, homie
« Reply #1680 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 19:41:01 »
I wish I ordered reverse tsangan and deluxe add-ons! I did not anticipate I would be buying a Viper xD

Offline foxtrott

« Reply #1681 on: Tue, 12 August 2014, 04:19:32 »
when the caps are sent? how far is the production?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1682 on: Tue, 12 August 2014, 05:53:07 »

production has now finished, i believe they are at racccons house, he got back late yesterday from his trip, so i will find out when i speak to him today or tomorrow and have nice pics soon

Offline foxtrott

« Reply #1683 on: Tue, 12 August 2014, 06:01:06 »
wuuuuuuhaaaaaaaaaaa  :D ;D :thumb:

« Reply #1684 on: Tue, 12 August 2014, 08:45:17 »

production has now finished, i believe they are at racccons house, he got back late yesterday from his trip, so i will find out when i speak to him today or tomorrow and have nice pics soon

That's pretty awesome to hear.

Offline SaySo

« Reply #1685 on: Tue, 12 August 2014, 08:47:24 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 July 2018, 12:47:07 by SaySo »

Offline PandaSPUR

« Reply #1686 on: Tue, 12 August 2014, 08:59:04 »
CAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPSCAPS

And I just realized I can just buy some DSA blanks to go with my spare toxic alpha set to use on my Smallfry :D
Home:
Work:

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1687 on: Tue, 12 August 2014, 11:07:42 »

Saweeeet!!! stoked!

Offline bumgrapes

• Poker II
« Reply #1688 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 02:20:57 »
I've been waiting for so long, I can't wait to see pictures of them.

Hopefully the colour came out well!

Offline tmk1207

• Yêu Màu Tím
« Reply #1689 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 04:01:45 »

Saweeeet!!! stoked!

Tick tock tick tock :D

Offline osi

« Reply #1690 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 09:30:43 »
Oooohhh yay pictures!

Offline tmk1207

• Yêu Màu Tím
« Reply #1691 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 10:12:34 »
Oooohhh yay pictures!

No picture at this time :(.

still looking

Offline osi

« Reply #1692 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 18:56:57 »
Oooohhh yay pictures!

No picture at this time :(.

still looking

I always hope o:

Offline PandaSPUR

« Reply #1693 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 22:40:26 »
Pics were already posted back on page 54 guys.

Home:
Work:

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1694 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 23:11:20 »

Show Image

Also to add to the above post, Bro posted this color shot.  :thumb:

Offline bumgrapes

• Poker II
« Reply #1695 on: Sun, 17 August 2014, 08:38:59 »
Those greens are completely different.

I'd be really disappointed if they turn out like the ones Panda just posted (looks like a pale green rather than a toxic green as per Bro Caps picture)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1696 on: Sun, 17 August 2014, 08:46:10 »

I'd be really disappointed if they turn out like the ones Panda just posted (looks like a pale green rather than a toxic green as per Bro Caps picture)

SP's pics are always off colorwise.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1697 on: Sun, 17 August 2014, 08:49:00 »

bro caps shots are pretty much colour accurate

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1698 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 04:39:33 »

bro caps shots are pretty much colour accurate

Brilliant execution here of the Toxic design.  The stark Black makes the Green-like colour jump out at you, it slaps the crap out of you for even looking at it  8) .

I know the Penumbra failed to arrive at my place but please make sure these Toxic DCS's get here to Convict Town soon.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #1699 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 08:55:41 »

The color also appears differently to your eyes depending what other colors are next to it. Put it next to some greens and the toxic caps look more yellow, next to some shades of yellow it ends up looking more green. It is a really cool color and I hope more people make sets with custom colors at SP since there is no charge for a new color.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |