Author Topic: [IC] JTK Vostok-1/Восток-1 Tripleshot  (Read 23191 times)

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
Re: [IC] JTK Vostok-1/Восток-1 Tripleshot
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 19 September 2019, 09:18:22 »
This is ****. Not soviet colors, bad icons, there is nothing from real USSR aerospace exploration spirit.

It’s hard for me to find anything about the cosmonaut program from around 1960 in color. What colors would you suggest for the set that would better represent this theme?

Offline Surefoot

« Reply #51 on: Thu, 19 September 2019, 10:27:14 »
Also "soviet colors" can mean a lot of things. See GMK Fishbed for a good example.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #52 on: Thu, 19 September 2019, 10:33:31 »
This is ****. Not soviet colors, bad icons, there is nothing from real USSR aerospace exploration spirit.
You should elaborate your comment. Whatever you meant with the asterisks, a proposal would be much better, instead of it.

Offline JT Keycaps

• * Vendor
« Reply #53 on: Thu, 19 September 2019, 16:04:35 »
Nice. Any idea on its pricing?
WIll run GB soon. We will release the price asap.

Offline JT Keycaps

• * Vendor
« Reply #54 on: Fri, 20 September 2019, 13:52:41 »
Some agents info:

NA: Novelkeys

EU:mykeyboard

ASIA:zFrontier

Offline hansikhouse

« Reply #55 on: Fri, 20 September 2019, 14:27:38 »
This is growing on me as well. Any chance you can add some of the red and yellow key color alternatives (esc key, arrows) to the base kit?

Offline JT Keycaps

• * Vendor
« Reply #56 on: Fri, 20 September 2019, 22:10:04 »
This is growing on me as well. Any chance you can add some of the red and yellow key color alternatives (esc key, arrows) to the base kit?
At present, we will distinguish them according to the layout already given.

Offline JT Keycaps

• * Vendor
« Reply #57 on: Mon, 23 September 2019, 04:08:12 »
Will start GB soon, around 9/30

Offline Carpelos

« Reply #58 on: Wed, 25 September 2019, 09:32:37 »
Nice.

Offline jadverkko

« Reply #59 on: Sun, 29 September 2019, 08:03:59 »
So still in plan to start GB tomorrow? Im ready and waiting!

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #60 on: Sun, 29 September 2019, 08:14:53 »
You should elaborate your comment. Whatever you meant with the asterisks, a proposal would be much better, instead of it.

I agree, no point in complaining if you don't have any constructive criticism. Also to me these colors are very reminiscent of Soviet military uniforms or just military uniforms in general.

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #61 on: Sun, 29 September 2019, 09:26:07 »
So still in plan to start GB tomorrow? Im ready and waiting!

Yes it is! It will go live at midnight on NovelKeys. :)

Offline walletburner

• Formerly wokechill
« Reply #62 on: Sun, 29 September 2019, 13:08:52 »
haha hell yeah, +1 and hope the tripleshot is clean af

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #63 on: Sun, 29 September 2019, 13:17:52 »

my pimp, triple shots?

Are there any sets out with this yet.

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline walletburner

• Formerly wokechill
« Reply #64 on: Sun, 29 September 2019, 13:21:29 »
would also love a Laika the Spacedog artisan

Offline jadverkko

« Reply #65 on: Sun, 29 September 2019, 13:32:28 »

my pimp, triple shots?

There is JTK Cyrillic Tripleshot out already I think.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #66 on: Sun, 29 September 2019, 15:19:29 »

my pimp, triple shots?

There is JTK Cyrillic Tripleshot out already I think.
Right!!!

Offline BUGER

• https://www.instagram.com/buger2501/
« Reply #67 on: Sun, 29 September 2019, 16:10:30 »
would also love a Laika the Spacedog artisan
OH!Yes, human beings should remember it!

Offline mindgame

« Reply #68 on: Sun, 29 September 2019, 17:57:58 »
Back in a days , in 2007 i was  graduated as a aerospace enigneer, worked in severel aerospace facilities, visited some places, and keeping an aerospace spirit in my heart even today (now im in telecom).
I will not blame creator on letters,  strange font (even М in  "дорога в косПос"), and even on color matching.
I blame him, that he takes strong historical topic, representing big part of USSR ppl destiny, and not doing deep research.

In my opinion there should be Bright Red Orange color, like Jet Stream and Early space suits color.
There should be White, did u saw launch vehicle pics?
Why don't you get novieltis from real soviet graphic? Where's Sergey Korolev and others, why only Gagarin here?

Overall it looks really weird and nothing (colors, fonts, graphic) reminds you about real history.
Great topic - weak attempt.
« Last Edit: Sun, 29 September 2019, 18:07:18 by mindgame »

Offline mindgame

« Reply #69 on: Sun, 29 September 2019, 18:05:40 »

I agree, no point in complaining if you don't have any constructive criticism. Also to me these colors are very reminiscent of Soviet military uniforms or just military uniforms in general.
Yep, here's another leisure layman opinion =)
Actually that story is not about military ...it's about scientists, many thousands factory workers, about childhood dreams and  collaboration. And usually there's no such colors as "Miltary Green" in aerospace technics then and now.

« Last Edit: Sun, 29 September 2019, 18:08:40 by mindgame »

Offline long_qt_pie

« Reply #70 on: Sun, 29 September 2019, 21:55:59 »
Any chance for 1u R4 red/novelties for those who use tsangan?
Jetfire | Mech 27 v1 | Mira SE | Singa | Orion 2.5 | Eo87 | Lubrigante | MGA | IBM F XT | AEKII | Lightpad | Exent | Dolphin Rev 2 | F1-8x | Mr Suit

Offline HungerMechanic

« Reply #71 on: Sun, 29 September 2019, 22:31:24 »
With regard to the question about the spirit of Soviet space exploration, you may want to consult the various colour stamps that were issues in commemoration of Vostok-1:

Globus panel on Vostok:

Then there's the most esoteric stuff:

(That could be a popular colourway.)

Although the Soviet civilian space program may have been tied to its military component, that's not how it was portrayed publicly. It wasn't about the colour of the rocket or capsule, or generals turning ignition keys. It was about space, and Soviet red, and metal shining in the sun. 

Offline Surefoot

« Reply #72 on: Mon, 30 September 2019, 02:51:24 »
Where's Sergey Korolev and others, why only Gagarin here?
The colorway itself can be debated, and you are certainly welcome to produce what you envision yourself... There are many sides to this history and quite a few colors pop in mind, not just the propaganda leaflets that were issued at the time.
« Last Edit: Mon, 30 September 2019, 02:55:53 by Surefoot »

Offline Datastream

« Reply #73 on: Mon, 30 September 2019, 03:06:28 »
Ew another commie set.

Offline jadverkko

« Reply #74 on: Mon, 30 September 2019, 04:01:49 »
Waiting for mykeyboard to open gb.

Offline BUGER

« Reply #75 on: Mon, 30 September 2019, 11:10:18 »

Yep, here's another leisure layman opinion =)
Actually that story is not about military ...it's about scientists, many thousands factory workers, about childhood dreams and  collaboration. And usually there's no such colors as "Miltary Green" in aerospace technics then and now.
First of all, I would like to thank you for your attention to this issue. In fact, the space program is a product of the Cold War. Yuri Gagarin became a major when he returned to Earth. These are all history. And the space race between the Soviet Union and the United States inspired the creation of Star Wars. Why is it not the interstellar exploration, but the war? I am not a person who advocates war. I just create on the basis of history. I don't want to avoid and beautify it deliberately. History always brings regrets and achievements, does it? For more detailed instructions.Also, please continue to discuss the shortcomings of the design. Thank you.

Offline BUGER

« Reply #76 on: Mon, 30 September 2019, 11:25:01 »
With regard to the question about the spirit of Soviet space exploration, you may want to consult the various colour stamps that were issues in commemoration of Vostok-1:
Although the Soviet civilian space program may have been tied to its military component, that's not how it was portrayed publicly. It wasn't about the colour of the rocket or capsule, or generals turning ignition keys. It was about space, and Soviet red, and metal shining in the sun.
Thank you! But, as you said, this is a propaganda product issued by the Soviet Union, so I think more about the background of the times, the price paid by all participants, is it just about the space dream? Why should we rush into space after the two world war? You know.

Offline JT Keycaps

• * Vendor
« Reply #77 on: Tue, 01 October 2019, 22:23:54 »
GB start!

Offline Rayndalf

« Reply #78 on: Wed, 02 October 2019, 02:29:42 »
Back in a days , in 2007 i was  graduated as a aerospace enigneer, worked in severel aerospace facilities, visited some places, and keeping an aerospace spirit in my heart even today (now im in telecom).
I will not blame creator on letters,  strange font (even М in  "дорога в косПос"), and even on color matching.
I blame him, that he takes strong historical topic, representing big part of USSR ppl destiny, and not doing deep research.

In my opinion there should be Bright Red Orange color, like Jet Stream and Early space suits color.
There should be White, did u saw launch vehicle pics?
Why don't you get novieltis from real soviet graphic? Where's Sergey Korolev and others, why only Gagarin here?

Overall it looks really weird and nothing (colors, fonts, graphic) reminds you about real history.
Great topic - weak attempt.
Not a bad idea, but it might look too much like GMK Yuri with orange and white.

This is more muted, the colors are slightly odd but do suggest faded pamphlets and rusting machinery.

Offline Surefoot

« Reply #79 on: Wed, 02 October 2019, 03:07:08 »
Well the colors match the early Vostok launchers and spaceships. The Lego set has similar colors too.