Author Topic: [IC] BOCC - End on 3/10 | Order Overview | Actual product pictures  (Read 78227 times)

Offline vidoardes

Re: [IC] Bocc - an embodiment of utility and aesthetic (progress update 20/7)
« Reply #100 on: Tue, 06 August 2019, 15:31:44 »
Very interested in this, always been this of the Ion Zenith

Offline jimboytacos

« Reply #101 on: Tue, 06 August 2019, 22:32:01 »

The Ion Zenith? That's if you could even get one. Wasn't it a super exclusive GB for friends only? And there was like 10  of them made?

Offline vidoardes

« Reply #102 on: Wed, 07 August 2019, 01:18:16 »

The Ion Zenith? That's if you could even get one. Wasn't it a super exclusive GB for friends only? And there was like 10  of them made?

I have no idea to be honest, it j just keeps getting used in renders and it's a very pretty board!

Offline hyppialonso

« Reply #103 on: Thu, 08 August 2019, 09:19:44 »
any update?
Updates will be up next week.

Things that will be updated are -

2nd IC
Renders
Placing proto order
Final Price
can't wait for the coming updates, really anticipated

Offline nsmechkb

« Reply #104 on: Thu, 08 August 2019, 12:13:07 »
The polycarb version is interesting.  Nice looking board.

« Reply #105 on: Thu, 08 August 2019, 12:59:56 »
any update?
Updates will be up next week.

Things that will be updated are -

2nd IC
Renders
Placing proto order
Final Price
can't wait for the coming updates, really anticipated
Same same, getting anxious

Offline jimboytacos

« Reply #106 on: Thu, 08 August 2019, 14:53:31 »
I'm in need of a sexy 65%. And I like the sexy side macro pad there. Yes!!!!

Offline SchmeatyWonder

« Reply #107 on: Fri, 09 August 2019, 03:56:25 »
This is literally my first time ever creating a forum account anywhere and posting. That keyboard is so gorgeous. I’ve been looking for something like the Kmac mini! Definitely interested. I don’t really know how these custom order stuff works though, so if anyone could point me in the right direction that would be 👌🏽.

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #108 on: Fri, 09 August 2019, 04:20:06 »
This is literally my first time ever creating a forum account anywhere and posting. That keyboard is so gorgeous. I’ve been looking for something like the Kmac mini! Definitely interested. I don’t really know how these custom order stuff works though, so if anyone could point me in the right direction that would be 👌🏽.

Basically at date X and time Y, either a website or google form will open allowing you to enter the groupbuy. This can be first come first serve or a raffle for example. From there on the runner collects payments via Paypal invoices and production starts. For keyboards I'd say that somewhere between four and 8 months is the "usual" timeframe. Some are faster, some are a bit longer. Expect delays for sure, it rarely happens that a GB finished on time.

Offline menuhin

« Reply #109 on: Fri, 09 August 2019, 04:41:57 »

Add to this:
This forum subsection is "Interest checks" / [IC] where people may proposal certain projects with details to see the reaction.
A "Group buy" / [GB] nowadays are mostly just funded projects, instead of meeting a certain MOQ to lower the purchase price of some already available merchandise. It runs very similar to Kickstarter but people are joining just for the product but not essentially funding the production. In some cases, the products turned out not as expected or there are some errors, and buyers are protected just by the "willingness of Group-buy and project runners to protect their own reputation". Quite some people who join Group-buyers lost money and time in some of the bad Group-buys, AKA "getting burnt".
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline jimboytacos

« Reply #110 on: Fri, 09 August 2019, 12:15:35 »

Add to this:
This forum subsection is "Interest checks" / [IC] where people may proposal certain projects with details to see the reaction.
A "Group buy" / [GB] nowadays are mostly just funded projects, instead of meeting a certain MOQ to lower the purchase price of some already available merchandise. It runs very similar to Kickstarter but people are joining just for the product but not essentially funding the production. In some cases, the products turned out not as expected or there are some errors, and buyers are protected just by the "willingness of Group-buy and project runners to protect their own reputation". Quite some people who join Group-buyers lost money and time in some of the bad Group-buys, AKA "getting burnt".

The Doro67 GB is a perfect example of people getting burned. Runner went MIA, no communication, and a poor quality product somehow got delivered unexpectedly out of nowhere.

Offline lush_bunny

• TBR Prime | 7V | Pandora | Kaze
« Reply #111 on: Sun, 11 August 2019, 05:33:25 »
I've been eyeing longingly at the i69s, kmac minis, Sentraq s65 pluses, and Ion Zeniths. I'd love to participate in this GB if conditions are favorable.  :)

Offline Pennywise359

« Reply #112 on: Sun, 11 August 2019, 13:11:11 »
I love it, I would be glad to see split back space an underglow to make sure the whole pc case it illuminated

Offline jimboytacos

« Reply #113 on: Sun, 11 August 2019, 16:16:42 »
Is Bluetooth still available as initially planned?

Offline senryo

• Problems are challenges.
    • Thic Thock
« Reply #114 on: Mon, 12 August 2019, 01:42:28 »
Okay, a quick update for you all.

We would like to release a barrage of updates now, but the most important element - renders are still in the making, which we think it is one of the most anticipated updates. In light of that, we are holding off the updates which are well ready for release until the renders are done.

ETA would be these 2 days.

The updates will be about -

Updated renders
2nd IC
Lots of updates on details
Finalization on all things

A small teaser would be - we have already ordered prototype ;D. Stay tuned!

Offline bvat

Re: [IC] Bocc - an embodiment of utility and aesthetic (quick update 12/8)
« Reply #115 on: Mon, 12 August 2019, 21:31:54 »
Hey guys, the project looks amazing and I love the layout. On an images, I see escape positioned to the right and tilde is on the usual position. This is a great idea! I don't know why I haven't though about re-mapping my esc on 65% I have, will certainly do it today :)

Having functional cluster with 10 buttons on the left is absolutely sweet too! When debugging with 60%-65% I didn't really like the experience of pressing one more button to access f8 or f6. Your design addresses this issue.

One question I wanted to ask is if you have ever considered to put the plate just a millilitre or mil and a half lower? I am looking at my Kira 99 (from Input Club). And one thing that improves the look of it is that the keys are sitting just a little bit lower in the case. What this does is it gives a nice profile of the keyboard with an rgb underglow. The light does not leak from the gap between the bottom of the cap and the top of the case.

I do not know, honestly, why this is not done on every mechanical keyboard. Even low-profile'ish keycaps like dsa look great on it.

This is an example of a light bleed I was referring to in a Bocc example which, of course, is a common thing and uncommon is to see this addressed:

224272-0

And this is how it was addressed in Kira 99 (and it's not the angle, I can provide a few more pictures. Plus I remember Kira designers mentioned they gonna make keys sit lower in the case):

224274-1
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 August 2019, 21:50:52 by bvat »

Offline jimboytacos

« Reply #116 on: Mon, 12 August 2019, 22:19:50 »
That's because a large part of the mature keyboard community do not use backlight or RGB. It's tacky to be blunt. Yes there are usefulness to it, but the community reflects the opposite.

Also, having keycaps sit above the case is not the goal of high-profile cases which is to hide the switch to keycap gap entirely.

Offline hypnocandy

« Reply #117 on: Mon, 12 August 2019, 23:44:04 »
I'd be totally down for this board

Offline bvat

« Reply #118 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 01:10:40 »
That's because a large part of the mature keyboard community do not use backlight or RGB. It's tacky to be blunt. Yes there are usefulness to it, but the community reflects the opposite.
Don't disagree nor agree as I don't have the stats. Bocc PCB is RGB enabled though. Bocc limited edition translucent case is even more about the light (acoustics has nothing to do with translucency).

Also, having keycaps sit above the case is not the goal of high-profile cases which is to hide the switch to keycap gap entirely.
Is there a misunderstanding there between my comment and the response I get? :) I am aligned with you on high-profile cases. They should hide the gap. My point is that most high-profile cases, including Bocc which is designed as a high-profile, don't do that job very well. And I pointed to the case that does it reasonably well (Kira 99)
« Last Edit: Tue, 13 August 2019, 02:00:34 by bvat »

Offline senryo

• Thic Thock
Re: [IC] BOCC - VENDOR / COST / FINAL DESIGN UPDATED (14/8)
« Reply #119 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 12:30:17 »
14/8 GMT+8 Evening update
  • Cap quantity of PC version is lifted, it is now unlimited
  • Cost finalization - 300USD + shipping
  • Supports WKL
  • Color options updated
  • Customers are able to choose their color combination (for more details, please refer to the above)
  • Prototype ordered - demo ETA late August (we're making a full disclose and in-depth tear down on the demo regarding the mounting system and other noteworthy stuff)
  • Vendor announcement

Offline Depresso-the-clown

• yee haw
    • lmao it's literally just an instagram page
« Reply #120 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 12:56:21 »
Will split backspace be supported?
:thumb:

Offline jimboytacos

« Reply #121 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 12:59:57 »
  • Supports WKL
  • Color options updated
  • Customers are able to choose their color combination (for more details, please refer to the above)
  • Prototype ordered - demo ETA late August (we're making a full disclose and in-depth tear down on the demo regarding the mounting system and other noteworthy stuff)
  • Vendor announcement

Awesome work. When is the group buy set to start?

Offline matthew2500

« Reply #122 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 13:06:00 »
This is incredible, my Think hasn't even come in yet and I'm already looking at this to be my second custom. Amazing price and amazing design man.

I was just wondering is the E-Yellow color matched to Serika? Imagining a half white half yellow with MT3 and it's got me excited af.

Offline senryo

• Thic Thock
« Reply #123 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 13:06:43 »
  • Supports WKL
  • Color options updated
  • Vendor announcement

Awesome work. When is the group buy set to start?

We cannot say for sure, since it heavily depends on the production time of prototype. Not to mention if there's anything go wrong with the prototype, we would have to amend it and wait longer. BUT, if everything goes as planned, we might be looking at Mid-Sep, might.

Offline senryo

• Thic Thock
« Reply #124 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 13:10:06 »
This is incredible, my Think hasn't even come in yet and I'm already looking at this to be my second custom. Amazing price and amazing design man.

I was just wondering is the E-Yellow color matched to Serika? Imagining a half white half yellow with MT3 and it's got me excited af.
We cannot promise you if the color of yellow is the same as Serika. BUT, we have ordered prototypes for it, we would take a few pictures of the actual yellow when the production is done so you can have a better sense at the color.

Offline bthezebra

« Reply #125 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 13:30:21 »
Great news abound!

Offline ptrick3

« Reply #126 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 15:13:19 »
Oh man, I was having a rough week but this news is amazing all around. $300 and unlimited PC. Y'all are saints. I'm in for sure.

Offline orim23

« Reply #127 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 17:13:39 »
+1 for split backspace!

Offline xkhol

« Reply #128 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 22:01:07 »
+1 for split backspace!
+2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline appaboy

« Reply #129 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 22:04:02 »
Any chance at a non-pvd plate? that would be the one thing to change to get me interested personally
PC Singa, MIR80, TX84se, g80-3314, g80-0427, g80-5000 + 5700, G80-3700, g81-3000 HBU (og wob)

HASRO keycaps
OG POM keycaps
SAI OG Italian dyesubs
Scarface Fn blank

Offline xef

« Reply #130 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 22:06:03 »

Offline goddream

« Reply #131 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 22:21:14 »
+1 for split backspace!
+2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+3

Everyone asking for split backspace - they have confirmed that it supports split backspace in their discord
Rei XT-60 | Endash | KHDD | Jinsoul | Tengu | PC Dolphin | Nunu | Hyphen | Mc65 | Unikorn | Dahyun | CARDBORD

Offline senryo

• Thic Thock
« Reply #132 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 00:00:30 »
Since lots of people are asking for this, and that we didn't clarify it in the first place, so there you go -

14/8 GMT+8 Afternoon update
  • Removed extra free plates offered in PC version due to the decreased cost
  • Added clarification on whether spilt backspace is supported or not - the answer is yes

Offline lush_bunny

« Reply #133 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 00:16:20 »
    • Supports WKL
    • Color options updated
    • Vendor announcement

[/list]
    LETS GO LETS GO LETS GOOOO
    « Last Edit: Wed, 14 August 2019, 00:27:43 by lush_bunny »

Offline senryo

• Thic Thock
    « Reply #134 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 00:32:51 »
    Hey guys, the project looks amazing and I love the layout. On an images, I see escape positioned to the right and tilde is on the usual position. This is a great idea! I don't know why I haven't though about re-mapping my esc on 65% I have, will certainly do it today :)

Having functional cluster with 10 buttons on the left is absolutely sweet too! When debugging with 60%-65% I didn't really like the experience of pressing one more button to access f8 or f6. Your design addresses this issue.

One question I wanted to ask is if you have ever considered to put the plate just a millilitre or mil and a half lower? I am looking at my Kira 99 (from Input Club). And one thing that improves the look of it is that the keys are sitting just a little bit lower in the case. What this does is it gives a nice profile of the keyboard with an rgb underglow. The light does not leak from the gap between the bottom of the cap and the top of the case.

I do not know, honestly, why this is not done on every mechanical keyboard. Even low-profile'ish keycaps like dsa look great on it.

This is an example of a light bleed I was referring to in a Bocc example which, of course, is a common thing and uncommon is to see this addressed:

(Attachment Link)

And this is how it was addressed in Kira 99 (and it's not the angle, I can provide a few more pictures. Plus I remember Kira designers mentioned they gonna make keys sit lower in the case):

(Attachment Link)
    Hey thank you for the elaborated explanation, it helps us better understand your needs.
    For the question you asked, don't worry, we've kept that in mind when we designed the case, the render doesn't reflect the actual state of the final product, but we have accounted this factor into our design philosophy, the light leak issue shouldn't be a problem.

Offline calveeen

« Reply #135 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 00:54:00 »
    READY FOR THIS! Renders look siiick, especially the ability to colourmatch the top and bottom : O

Offline vidoardes

« Reply #136 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 02:12:50 »
    This looks amazing! I see the board supports ISO, will the plate?

Offline lush_bunny

« Reply #137 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 04:16:11 »
    http://www.thicthock.com/

Is this link broken?

Offline senryo

• Thic Thock
    « Reply #138 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 04:17:59 »

yes, it will

Is this link broken?

It's working for us  :confused:

Offline VXQN

« Reply #139 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 04:32:14 »
    Big fan of...every aspect of this. Was gonna get a Polaris but this is just so much better!

Offline lush_bunny

« Reply #140 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 04:33:50 »

yes, it will

Is this link broken?

Nvm got it to work on desktop
    GB eta?  ;)

Offline senryo

• Thic Thock
    « Reply #141 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 04:34:57 »

yes, it will

Is this link broken?

Nvm got it to work on desktop
    GB eta?  ;)

If things go according to plan without hiccups, we are looking at mid-sep.  ;)

Offline hyppialonso

« Reply #142 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 05:09:59 »
    this is truly awesome and will definitely be my second board

btw, do pc version and alu version share the same cost?

Offline vidoardes

« Reply #143 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 05:36:43 »

yes, it will

:thumb: Consider me joined

Offline bvat

« Reply #144 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 09:25:40 »
    Hey thank you for the elaborated explanation, it helps us better understand your needs.
    For the question you asked, don't worry, we've kept that in mind when we designed the case, the render doesn't reflect the actual state of the final product, but we have accounted this factor into our design philosophy, the light leak issue shouldn't be a problem.

Awesome, I'm in!

Offline vicissitude

« Reply #145 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 09:34:36 »
    Interested in the Polycarbonate Version.
    Gotta get one.

Offline bvat

« Reply #146 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 09:35:47 »
    It's a good layout.It would be better if there were a Bluetooth version.

Agree! I understand there might be an interference but PC version might be a viable option for a bluetooth. It was stated though in the first update that the bluetooth has been removed unfortunately and there were a few who explicitly stated they would like to have a non-hotswap, non-bluetooth version.
    I'd happily payed more for a blutooth version but I also understand that testing it and making it work just right would take considerable amount of time for the designers of the Bocc. It may not be worth the time and effort if community in general is happy with the board regardless of the blutooth available or not.

Again though, I'm with you on having a blutooth as an option :)
    « Last Edit: Wed, 14 August 2019, 09:43:00 by bvat »

Offline jimboytacos

« Reply #147 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 12:53:56 »
    It's a good layout.It would be better if there were a Bluetooth version.

Can we get a more concrete answer on this? Is Bluetooth available at all? In the original post, it was available. Then an update said it was removed on the Polycarbonate version. But what about the aluminum version? Is it still available?

I'd love to have this as BT keyboard! Yes!

Offline hypnocandy

« Reply #148 on: Thu, 15 August 2019, 10:05:12 »
    Are they already sold out? Or was there only a tiny window to get in on this?

Offline dumhevae

« Reply #149 on: Thu, 15 August 2019, 10:26:26 »
    Are they already sold out? Or was there only a tiny window to get in on this?

don't worry the GB hasn't started yet so you can still get it