Author Topic: [IC] GMK Mecha-01 - Project Mecha-0X GB Live!  (Read 278442 times)

Offline FU11.META1

Re: [IC] GMK Mecha-01 - Project Mecha-0X
« Reply #600 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 23:09:41 »
Needs another 2u spacebar in the extras/40s kit for split space.

What board uses a double 2u?

Offline Owl-

« Reply #601 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 23:17:59 »

Ortho boards and other various split keyboards. Currently, my Clueboard and Kyria are using it. I have an Ortho in line for it too

Offline ShovelScum

« Reply #602 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 23:18:56 »
Heck Yeah! I am in for one of each Base and Berserk kit and novelties! Can't wait until they hit GB status! Woo Hoo! I don't even care that we don't get a Character Novelty. You guys did the best you could, but they will still suffice for me!
Like the name suggests, I am the ScumBag who rides a Shovel through this landfill.

Offline isioisi

« Reply #603 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 23:21:28 »
Ooh, new name. Looks like someone is ironing out IP legalities before the GB goes live  :p

Soon guys, real heckin soon.

Offline synthtastic

« Reply #604 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 23:28:00 »
Very nice changes overall. Glad you guys are avoiding any legal issues :P Hoping "Project Mecha-0X" means we're gonna get more mecha inspired sets in the future.
Expensive plastic makes me sigh.

Offline psxndc

[IC] GMK Mecha-01 - Project Mecha-0X
« Reply #605 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 23:33:26 »

Ortho boards and other various split keyboards. Currently, my Clueboard and Kyria are using it. I have an Ortho in line for it too
This. Cajal, every ortho (and split) board from Keebio, new preonics, I believe the new planck will, kyria, and on and on. Since Mito is involved, check his laser set put up today. It has a second 2u in the Extras kit.

You added the 1u novelty in R3. I love you. Seriously, a huge THANK YOU.
« Last Edit: Thu, 02 July 2020, 00:12:09 by psxndc »
Ortho. Always.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #606 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 23:40:26 »
Glad to see the new the new katakana legends we worked on with MiTo made it into this set! Although, you may want to change the `~ー key so the ー sublegend sits a bit lower, since it's supposed to be vertically centered, not top-aligned (example: `ーム).

I really like new Insert, Delete, PgUp, PgDn etc. icons you guys came up with (they actually match the icons we created for KAT Hyperfuse almost spot on ;)). Good job overall!

I would just like to see R3 PgUp, R4 PgDn moved to the base kit, and the 2u Shift moved to extras (basically just swap them around). R3 PgUp, R4 PgDn are more popular than 2u Shift here in the West, and 1u Shift is already in extras, so that's where 2u Shift should be too.

A 1.25u convex space key would be nice to see in extras as well. This will complete Alice support and also help cover standard split spacebars (2.75–1.25–2.25, 2.25–1.25–2.75) on ≥60%.

Also, I don't quite understand the inclusion of a R4 1u Home key in extras. What is it intended for? I think you can remove it, or better yet, replace it with a 1.25u space key :)
« Last Edit: Wed, 01 July 2020, 23:53:00 by konstantin »

Offline Axariel

« Reply #607 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 23:41:15 »
Looking good. I appreciate the new novelty designs, wish the berserk icons were used in the base set, but I was strongly considering getting them both to use in a split or ergo anyway. Super hyped for the 10th!

Offline _prjctZero

« Reply #608 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 23:41:41 »
I'm so excited for this!! Any chance that you'll work with Rama to get some Artisans out?

Offline psxndc

« Reply #609 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 23:55:30 »
And you kept the minivan support. Dooooooope!
Ortho. Always.

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #610 on: Thu, 02 July 2020, 00:01:55 »
This is probably not in the spirit of Eva Unit-01 colors, but a green noire add-on set of alphas that match the mods would be awesome; MiTo has done that in the past for sets like pulse. Maybe a future group buy with that could run. So few basic green on dark grey keysets.

Loving the novelties. A bit pricey, but they got so much going for them. Nice that the base kit includes numpad keys and keeps the price reasonable.
« Last Edit: Thu, 02 July 2020, 00:04:28 by fatpolomanjr »
Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.
Current GH Classified Post (LF Arcade Floor, Garbield and CYM Otter and Keyng)

Offline fabijolo

• I like expensive plastic.
« Reply #611 on: Thu, 02 July 2020, 00:04:24 »
Great to finally see the final update,I love the new katakana sub legends in the base kit.
This set will for sure be hell of a successful one, good luck on the GB :thumb:

Offline styx_mka

« Reply #612 on: Thu, 02 July 2020, 01:19:56 »
YES!!!!

Offline isioisi

« Reply #613 on: Thu, 02 July 2020, 01:23:01 »
Anyone gonna get the berserks and mix it in with the base? What kinda layout you thinking?

Offline Axariel

« Reply #614 on: Thu, 02 July 2020, 01:46:31 »
Anyone gonna get the berserks and mix it in with the base? What kinda layout you thinking?

Plan on either using them on an ergo or splitting them a similar way w/ berserk on the left. Can hopefully sell off the mixed set that is left over with the text mods I do not want. Will probably have to play around with it a bit to get them both working together.

Offline isioisi

« Reply #615 on: Thu, 02 July 2020, 01:55:09 »
I'm thinking swapping out WASD, caps, a few other things here and there has has the better design for my taste.

Ah man, this is gonna be sick.

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
  • https://sxmdesigns.com
    • Website
« Reply #616 on: Thu, 02 July 2020, 02:37:02 »
What are the EU prices?

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #617 on: Thu, 02 July 2020, 03:03:19 »
Is there a particular reason you didn't use the katakana sublegends Biip designed for GMK Bushido? I know Zambumon created new hiragana sublegend molds because Mitos were incomplete - is there a similar situation here?

I'm not criticizing you all for creating new molds, I'm just wondering why.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #618 on: Thu, 02 July 2020, 03:16:03 »
Is there a particular reason you didn't use the katakana sublegends Biip designed for GMK Bushido? I know Zambumon created new hiragana sublegend molds because Mitos were incomplete - is there a similar situation here?

Biip's and Zambumon's katakana sublegends are either incomplete or the sizing is wrong or the positioning is incorrect. This is the first set that gets everything right.

Offline alphabirth

« Reply #619 on: Thu, 02 July 2020, 05:03:38 »
 :eek:

These updates are fantastic!  I was already in for this set, but you may have just convinced me to be in for base + berserk...  Good job!  :thumb:

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #620 on: Thu, 02 July 2020, 05:07:21 »
Love the update, time to knock myself out for 9 days to buy this.

Offline hkiri

« Reply #621 on: Thu, 02 July 2020, 05:29:09 »
No black ISO enter?

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
  • https://sxmdesigns.com
    • Website
« Reply #622 on: Thu, 02 July 2020, 06:24:55 »
I think I will match this with the think 6.5 eva edition :) Its way too good!

Offline hiko13

« Reply #623 on: Thu, 02 July 2020, 07:38:53 »
Any artisans lurking to go with this?

Offline gothcaps

« Reply #624 on: Thu, 02 July 2020, 08:53:02 »
Any artisans lurking to go with this?

hi

Offline Capsy

« Reply #625 on: Thu, 02 July 2020, 09:13:08 »

Offline hiko13

Offline SoraNoTenshi

« Reply #627 on: Thu, 02 July 2020, 10:10:22 »
That's a join from my side!

Offline Starston3

« Reply #628 on: Thu, 02 July 2020, 11:35:35 »

Q : Why Katakana legends?

A : While MiTo and I were discussing the potential of Micons joining the set, he suggested for the set to offer his brand new Katakana dual and mono legend design. I jumped at the opportunity to bring something fresh to the keycap community. The molds for these keys have not been made yet. The best part is that MiTo has graciously made these for the community to use in future sets and we are excited to see what other designers can do with them!

Seeking clarification on this:

Does this mean MiTo/FU11.META1/NK_ will pay for all the new molds and then let everyone use them... or is it like every other option in which gmk pays for half and everyone can use them?

Offline jayiskuhl

« Reply #629 on: Thu, 02 July 2020, 11:36:55 »
Stoked this is almost here!

This set is sick!
Rukia (?) | gaff. 60 | Pandora | Praxis | Bauer 2

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #630 on: Thu, 02 July 2020, 17:21:26 »

Does this mean MiTo/FU11.META1/NK_ will pay for all the new molds and then let everyone use them... or is it like every other option in which gmk pays for half and everyone can use them?

This will be 50% financed with GMK. I don’t think it is being positioned as anything other than that.

We could have paid for the molds and kept them exclusive or allowed them to be use for any other project. Rick did a lot of work trying to make sure that these are as accurate as possible and wanted to make sure they were also basically open source.

Offline GhostEther

« Reply #631 on: Thu, 02 July 2020, 18:17:40 »
So hyped! Day 1 buy

Offline Starston3

« Reply #632 on: Thu, 02 July 2020, 18:44:35 »

This will be 50% financed with GMK. I don’t think it is being positioned as anything other than that.

We could have paid for the molds and kept them exclusive or allowed them to be use for any other project. Rick did a lot of work trying to make sure that these are as accurate as possible and wanted to make sure they were also basically open source.
Thanks Mike!

Offline elguey

« Reply #633 on: Thu, 02 July 2020, 21:46:28 »
Micons and Katakana legends?! This set was already awesome but this new update takes it to a whole new level. Definitely getting all the kits and deskmat. Great work!

Offline isioisi

« Reply #634 on: Thu, 02 July 2020, 21:53:16 »
Micons and Katakana legends?! This set was already awesome but this new update takes it to a whole new level. Definitely getting all the kits and deskmat. Great work!

micons? What's that mean?

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #635 on: Thu, 02 July 2020, 22:36:59 »

micons? What's that mean?

The icon mods in the Berserk set originally designed by MiTo are called micons.
Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.
Current GH Classified Post (LF Arcade Floor, Garbield and CYM Otter and Keyng)

Offline isioisi

« Reply #636 on: Thu, 02 July 2020, 22:58:36 »
Ah, clever :p

Offline PixelOps

« Reply #637 on: Fri, 03 July 2020, 05:35:23 »
I would have liked to have a latin alpha kit.

Have you thought to release this set in KAT profile ?

Offline krikun98

« Reply #638 on: Fri, 03 July 2020, 05:53:29 »
I would have liked to have a latin alpha kit.

Have you thought to release this set in KAT profile ?

Look at KAT Shogoki.

Offline biip

• @biipmk
« Reply #639 on: Fri, 03 July 2020, 09:23:16 »

Biip's and Zambumon's katakana sublegends are either incomplete or the sizing is wrong or the positioning is incorrect. This is the first set that gets everything right.

Could you elaborate?

Edit: Nevermind, don't. It's definitely another approach.
I already explained that my katakana layout is based on the AEK japanese one.
To be honest I should have ignored your message due to the lack of details.
« Last Edit: Fri, 03 July 2020, 10:53:39 by biip »

Offline arq1999

« Reply #640 on: Fri, 03 July 2020, 12:38:54 »
is there a posiblity just  alt english alphas? I just feel its too much in a single cap with the jap legends

Offline kaworu

« Reply #641 on: Fri, 03 July 2020, 13:55:23 »
No black ISO enter?

also wondering

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #642 on: Fri, 03 July 2020, 14:47:04 »
Could you elaborate?

Edit: Nevermind, don't. It's definitely another approach.
I already explained that my katakana layout is based on the AEK japanese one.
To be honest I should have ignored your message due to the lack of details.

Hi Biip. Yep, as you said, one of the issues with the katakana sublegends seen in sets like GMK Bushidō and MT3 Serika is that they use Apple's take on the ANSI JP layout as their basis, rather than the standard one. To some this may not seem like an issue, but I think it is, for two reasons. The first is that they don't match the corresponding hiragana kits — in GMK Bentō R2, for example, the two kana sets don't match each other (I hope you will consider fixing this :)). The second is that we don't usually use Apple layouts as a reference (e.g. you never see R1 ±§, R4 `~ keys included in sets) since they differ from standard Windows/IBM/*nix layouts in various ways. So using a standard layout as the basis for the main legends and an Apple layout for the sublegends introduces inconsistency.
I also personally think the standard layout looks nicer since it keeps  ゙「 and  ゚」 next to each other on the bracket keys :)

Besides that (taking the different approach at face value), there are also a few other issues, albeit less pronounced.
  • The first of them is the size of the ヲ quaternary legend on the 0) key. Unlike the rest of the number-row quaternary legends, which are smaller versions of other kana, ヲ is a full-fledged, standalone kana. As such, it should be the same size as the ワ kana beneath it (Serika got this right, but Bushidō didn't; again, please consider fixing this for Bentō).
  • The second are the duplicate legends seen on the R3 and R4 ISO keys. Although correct in some scenarios, it's nicer to have different keys there. It also allows you to cover JIS layouts if you make those keys ム and ロ, respectively. With the addition of a standalone R1 ー key (e.g. `~ー like this set has) and a R1 mod-colored novelty, you get really nice JIS coverage.
  • The third is the presence of ¥ as a quaternary sublegend on the \| key. This implies that this character is input by holding Shift and pressing ヘ while in IME mode, which isn't the case. On Japanese systems, ¥ is actually just a graphical variation of \, not a separate character, so it shouldn't be present as a sublegend (esp. not in the top right because you don't need to hold Shift for it).
  • Finally, the ー character on the ]} key isn't wide enough, which makes it look like a dash; it's supposed to be about the same width as the other kana.
  • I'm not mentioning the absence of the dotted boxes / position markers on the (han)dakuten ゙,  ゚ symbols since I consider that to be an aesthetic choice. Although it's technically more correct to include them if you want to stick to the source material, omitting them is also fine.
Hope this helps.

Edit: fixed incorrect link

Edit2: This set isn't actually 100% correct yet either: it's missing a ー quaternary legend on the -_ホ key, but that's going to be fixed.
« Last Edit: Sat, 04 July 2020, 06:11:41 by konstantin »

Offline Katsurio

« Reply #643 on: Fri, 03 July 2020, 23:36:46 »
The orange on black arrows should be in the Berserk Kit and not the novelties.

Offline psxndc

« Reply #644 on: Fri, 03 July 2020, 23:50:10 »
The orange on black arrows should be in the Berserk Kit and not the novelties.
Those aren't micon arrows though.
Ortho. Always.

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #645 on: Sat, 04 July 2020, 16:15:35 »
Final kits look great. This one is gonna be big.

Offline Tyson

« Reply #646 on: Sat, 04 July 2020, 16:17:01 »
I've never watched NGE all the way through, I'm currently on Episode 6 and love the show so far, I'll definitely be picking up the base kit and deskmat!

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #647 on: Sat, 04 July 2020, 18:13:30 »
Rename it all you want, I'm still buying every kit

Offline blufury1

« Reply #648 on: Sat, 04 July 2020, 20:03:02 »
Went from 100% cop to not sadly. I really wish you'd kept at least one option for just english legends with no sublegends/katakana instead of jamming them into everything.

Offline psxndc

[IC] GMK Mecha-01 - Project Mecha-0X
« Reply #649 on: Sat, 04 July 2020, 20:39:47 »
Can you link the old renders somewhere? I fell in love with the minivan layout in the originals and want to replicate it.
Ortho. Always.