Author Topic: [IC] GMK Mecha-01 - Project Mecha-0X GB Live!  (Read 278422 times)

Offline Rumblehotep

Re: [IC] GMK Mecha-01 - Project Mecha-0X
« Reply #650 on: Sun, 05 July 2020, 01:09:21 »
Any chance of just a latin alpha kit for those who want it?

Offline Chobo

« Reply #651 on: Sun, 05 July 2020, 02:24:30 »
Pretty much going all in. Got artisans ready to go as well :D

Offline isioisi

« Reply #652 on: Sun, 05 July 2020, 03:13:25 »
Any chance of just a latin alpha kit for those who want it?

yeah the set is about to go into GB in a few days, I'd say it's too late for requests requiring a complete overhaul.

Offline Owl-

« Reply #653 on: Sun, 05 July 2020, 04:56:27 »
I don't remember seeing any Latin only alphas. Only Base and Berserk.

Offline raymondzzd

« Reply #654 on: Sun, 05 July 2020, 07:51:00 »
I wish red Berserk alphas come with Katakana dual legend. The mono legend is not very practical...
Any chance you would offer as a separate option? Maybe something like before, the pic above ;)
« Last Edit: Sun, 05 July 2020, 10:14:56 by raymondzzd »

Offline bakuretsu

« Reply #655 on: Sun, 05 July 2020, 10:28:02 »
I wish red Berserk alphas come with Katakana dual legend. The mono legend is not very practical...
Any chance you would offer as a separate option? Maybe something like before, the pic above ;)

You could use them as an opportunity to learn how to touch type. It's an extremely useful skill. I'm always surprised to see people interested enough in keyboards to be on Geekhack or the subreddit who don't already know how to touch type.

Also, in the OP's main post, they explained that these dual and mono legend katakana molds haven't been made yet. They're using this set to get the molds made so they can also be used in future sets, so they need to use dual and mono for this set.
« Last Edit: Sun, 05 July 2020, 10:33:32 by bakuretsu »

Offline Rejeckted

• Fe, Fi, Fo, Fum... I smell Kraft dinnah
« Reply #656 on: Sun, 05 July 2020, 10:41:12 »

GB details are set...price, date, vendors.....major kit changes are out of the picture this close to start

Offline Zethia

« Reply #657 on: Sun, 05 July 2020, 14:19:58 »
This is definitely gonna be my first group buy. I'll need to save up a little to get the kits I want (Base, Berzerk, Novelties, maaaaybe space bars.) Is there any chance that this will end before August 7, or do group buys usually stay open all the way through their dates? I don't want to miss the boat!

Offline psxndc

[IC] GMK Mecha-01 - Project Mecha-0X
« Reply #658 on: Sun, 05 July 2020, 14:20:54 »
It'll remain open the whole time. And there's no benefit to getting in early (it won't ship earlier if you buy on day 1 vs day 30), so to save on shipping, I suggest waiting till the second to last day and order everything at once. I say second to last because I wouldn't want you to miss out by there being some time zone difference you didn't account for with respect to the close of the GB.
« Last Edit: Sun, 05 July 2020, 14:23:14 by psxndc »
Ortho. Always.

Offline isioisi

« Reply #659 on: Mon, 06 July 2020, 06:36:07 »
Hey who here is pumped for this set OR WHAT

Offline harlekein

« Reply #660 on: Mon, 06 July 2020, 06:53:17 »
Oh boy. I haven't looked in some time. It's a long shot, but could these micon keys be added to berserk or extras?

Offline psxndc

« Reply #661 on: Mon, 06 July 2020, 11:33:54 »
Oh boy. I haven't looked in some time. It's a long shot, but could these micon keys be added to berserk or extras?
Seconded. Would be great if they could be added (yes, I'm sure kits are locked, but it can't hurt to ask/show support for the idea).
Ortho. Always.

Offline raymondzzd

« Reply #662 on: Mon, 06 July 2020, 12:58:45 »

You could use them as an opportunity to learn how to touch type. It's an extremely useful skill. I'm always surprised to see people interested enough in keyboards to be on Geekhack or the subreddit who don't already know how to touch type.

Also, in the OP's main post, they explained that these dual and mono legend katakana molds haven't been made yet. They're using this set to get the molds made so they can also be used in future sets, so they need to use dual and mono for this set.

Calm down. Was going to buy extra as gifts. You don't assume people can type without proper legend, nor do you ask people to learn something just to use your gift.
To your second point. I didn't ask OP to take out mono Berserk design. I am asking to use the same Katakana dual legend to make extra Berserk sets. Simply offering my thoughts for added business opportunities here... But I guess it's too late for any change.

Great work OP @FU11.META1! I like the design very much and will join the GB. Thanks!

Offline Sabin

« Reply #663 on: Mon, 06 July 2020, 13:16:49 »

LOL wtf if you ever ran a gb or raffle you gonna ask for proof the user can touch type?

Offline booleanjulien

« Reply #664 on: Mon, 06 July 2020, 20:15:42 »

It's the numrow symbols that always get me.

Offline Tyson

« Reply #665 on: Mon, 06 July 2020, 21:32:19 »

This is the only reason I stopped using GMK WoB Hiragana, I couldn't remember the symbols and couldn't type in any passwords at work lmfao.

Offline psxndc

« Reply #666 on: Mon, 06 July 2020, 21:58:20 »
Raise layer for me has the numbers on home row and their corresponding symbols (i.e., shifted) on the row beneath each. Pretty easy to remember that way.

Autoshift is a bigger issue for me on passwords.
Ortho. Always.

Offline Almost

• Zs Xe
« Reply #667 on: Tue, 07 July 2020, 03:00:03 »
soz if it's been mentioned, but have those novelties been priced? Judging from past gbs those kind of designs are silly money to produce. Mostly the large area ones with center shots... unless they're being pad printed now?
Kbds: KOBO Red Carbon - Filco MJT2 Beige - Topre U23 - Cherry 3700 - Model F XT 5155
Sets: Dolch R1 - Red Alert - Hyperfuse R1 - Cherry WoB - Plum

Offline krikun98

« Reply #668 on: Tue, 07 July 2020, 03:31:29 »
soz if it's been mentioned, but have those novelties been priced? Judging from past gbs those kind of designs are silly money to produce. Mostly the large area ones with center shots... unless they're being pad printed now?

The pricing is in the first post, novelties are $65.

Offline harlekein

« Reply #669 on: Tue, 07 July 2020, 03:45:39 »

It's not that many to remember honestly. I program for a living, so use symbols frequently. It was the thing tripping me up most, but just sticking with it made me get used to it. I know exactly which number corresponds to which symbol.

Offline retainerbox

• meow
« Reply #670 on: Tue, 07 July 2020, 08:08:34 »
Any idea on when we'd receive it? Q1 next year?

ErgoDox/Magic Girl, AVA/Islander,  ALU68/Godspeed, VOID40/Dark Magic Girl

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #671 on: Tue, 07 July 2020, 08:17:58 »

March-April of 2021 is the current estimate

Offline Chobo

« Reply #672 on: Tue, 07 July 2020, 15:00:17 »

March-April of 2021 is the current estimate

Oh man.. my hype can't contain it!

Offline alphabirth

« Reply #673 on: Tue, 07 July 2020, 18:12:04 »
I just noticed this, but how did the alignment of the arrows (except Micons) get so jank?  And can this be fixed? 

[Edit: Attachment]
« Last Edit: Tue, 07 July 2020, 18:15:26 by alphabirth »

Offline Lyle88

« Reply #674 on: Tue, 07 July 2020, 18:48:42 »
I just noticed this, but how did the alignment of the arrows (except Micons) get so jank?  And can this be fixed? 

That's what gmk arrows have always been.
Edit: top-left aligned

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Offline psxndc

« Reply #675 on: Tue, 07 July 2020, 19:45:31 »
Edit: deleted
Ortho. Always.

Offline FootFingers

« Reply #676 on: Tue, 07 July 2020, 20:05:37 »
This set looks amazing! As soon as I saw the render I thought of NGE, definitely interested
« Last Edit: Tue, 07 July 2020, 21:12:51 by FootFingers »

Offline alphabirth

« Reply #677 on: Wed, 08 July 2020, 03:04:14 »

I get that GMK arrows are top left aligned, but my gripe is about how they are not well aligned here relative to each other.  Note how it seems that the up/down arrows are aligned so that their bottom is aligned to the center line of the left/right arrows.  Compare this to GMK Bento, where the center-of-mass of all the arrows is aligned.

Offline Furikurichemy

« Reply #678 on: Wed, 08 July 2020, 07:03:48 »

I get that GMK arrows are top left aligned, but my gripe is about how they are not well aligned here relative to each other.  Note how it seems that the up/down arrows are aligned so that their bottom is aligned to the center line of the left/right arrows.  Compare this to GMK Bento, where the center-of-mass of all the arrows is aligned.

They are just renders. All arrows use the GMK molds (same as bento or any other GMK set).

Offline alphabirth

« Reply #679 on: Wed, 08 July 2020, 10:17:07 »

They are just renders. All arrows use the GMK molds (same as bento or any other GMK set).
Okay, great. I just wanted to make sure that these weren't some new moulds or something which had errors creeping in.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

Offline gnostical

« Reply #680 on: Wed, 08 July 2020, 18:29:34 »
Sad to see the choice of latin alphas or japanese turned into just one set with both. Looks messy and really busy

Offline psxndc

« Reply #681 on: Wed, 08 July 2020, 18:33:36 »
Sad to see the choice of latin alphas or japanese turned into just one set with both. Looks messy and really busy
This set has always had dual legends and never had mono latin or mono Japanese.

Pics of old renders https://keycapsets.com/cherry/unit-01 (or just scroll up to around July 2019 or earlier).
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 July 2020, 19:01:38 by psxndc »
Ortho. Always.

Offline arq1999

« Reply #682 on: Wed, 08 July 2020, 21:20:28 »

in version 3.0 it did had only latin legends as an extra kit. Sadly it didnt make it  that kit for the final version
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 July 2020, 21:22:23 by arq1999 »

Offline psxndc

« Reply #683 on: Wed, 08 July 2020, 21:31:48 »

in version 3.0 it did had only latin legends as an extra kit. Sadly it didnt make it  that kit for the final version
What is "version 3.0?" What date was that? I'm genuinely asking because I don't remember it and don't see it skimming through the thread.

Looking back through the thread, dual legends has been there since the beginning (thread opened on 4/26/2019 and dual legends version was posted two days later) so even if there was a mono latin child kit at one point, it wasn't a case of "choice of latin alphas or Japanese turned into just one set with both."
Ortho. Always.

Offline caarondg

• Profile pic by 慶善@お仕事募集中 (pixiv user #7642349)
« Reply #684 on: Thu, 09 July 2020, 22:19:05 »
It's already sold out in dailyclack? Wondering where else I could get it as zfrontier only has china regions for checkout =/

Offline isioisi

« Reply #685 on: Thu, 09 July 2020, 22:23:31 »
Yeah, I noticed that too. I don't think Group Buys actually sell out, that's not the purpose of a group buy.

I think that's because it's not "live" on DC yet, even if they've done a little bit of the work already and put the new page up.

Offline Lyle88

« Reply #686 on: Thu, 09 July 2020, 22:44:09 »
It's already sold out in dailyclack? Wondering where else I could get it as zfrontier only has china regions for checkout =/
You will be able to purchase once the page is live, as mentioned above.

Offline Zammin

« Reply #687 on: Fri, 10 July 2020, 01:46:08 »
It's available on Daily Clack now. I just ordered the Base Kit and Novelties. Looking forward to seeing it in May next year.

Offline prangano

« Reply #688 on: Fri, 10 July 2020, 01:51:47 »
i doubt the actual plastic will ever look as vibrant as the renders. But still looks great, really trying not to get in on this  :-X

Offline isioisi

« Reply #689 on: Fri, 10 July 2020, 02:33:10 »
And that's it ladies and gents, ordered one of every kit and 2 deskmats, so I can replace it when the first inevitably becomes messed up over the years.

GMK Mecha-01 keycaps on KBD8X MKII + KBDPAD MKII with lubed NovelKey Creams (and ThicThok DL spring mods), Durock screw-in stabs and custom purple and green coiled USB-C aviator connector cables.

That's my endgame sorted. I can now comfortably retire from the mechanical keyboard subculture.

Offline JumpStream

« Reply #690 on: Fri, 10 July 2020, 02:39:03 »
Just bought one of everything myself, my wallet hurts but I did not think I would find my endgame keycaps so soon in my dive into the mech keyboard scene. Now to wait till May.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #691 on: Fri, 10 July 2020, 02:57:01 »
i doubt the actual plastic will ever look as vibrant as the renders. But still looks great, really trying not to get in on this  :-X

You'd be surprised, GMK sets usually turn out more vibrant than their renders; case in point: Solarized Dark, Peaches 'n' Cream... It's actually more difficult to pull off subdued colors in ABS than super vibrant ones :P

Offline prangano

« Reply #692 on: Fri, 10 July 2020, 02:59:02 »

You'd be surprised, GMK sets usually turn out more vibrant than their renders; case in point: Solarized Dark, Peaches 'n' Cream... It's actually more difficult to pull off subdued colors in ABS than super vibrant ones :P
I hope you’re right, really, but GMK 8008 makes me doubtful.

Offline wolfez4444

« Reply #693 on: Fri, 10 July 2020, 07:39:56 »
Just bought the keycaps, already can't wait. Time to rewatch NGE...

Offline ptykozoon

« Reply #694 on: Fri, 10 July 2020, 10:09:15 »
Just bought the keycaps, already can't wait. Time to rewatch NGE...

I don't think there's a character I dislike more than Shinji Ikari. The character development, dear god..

Offline itsbeard

« Reply #695 on: Fri, 10 July 2020, 10:32:24 »
Bought my set already too! First real set  ;D

Offline wolfez4444

« Reply #696 on: Fri, 10 July 2020, 10:33:09 »

I don't think there's a character I dislike more than Shinji Ikari. The character development, dear god..
Oh imo it makes him feel more real and i liked him, he did do some weird things sometimes.

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #697 on: Fri, 10 July 2020, 10:43:09 »

Oh imo it makes him feel more real and i liked him, he did do some weird things sometimes.

I liked it when he jerked off over his comatose friend!

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #698 on: Fri, 10 July 2020, 11:09:00 »

I liked it when he jerked off over his comatose friend!

Good thing this is GMK Mecha-01 and not GMK Shinji Ikari :-X

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #699 on: Fri, 10 July 2020, 15:48:57 »
I forgot that shipping a mat to Canada costs more than the mat so I guess I'm SOL. Enjoy the set guys
I love Elzy