Author Topic: [IC] DSA Lavender Town  (Read 11558 times)

Offline the pokemon kid

• Snorlax z z z
[IC] DSA Lavender Town
« on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 08:50:35 »
Hi All and Welcome to the Interest check for DSA Lavender Town!

Description
This keycap has its inspiration from the popular TV show, card game and video game of the 90’s – Pokemon. This keycap set is more specifically inspired by Gengar, the Pokemon first seen in Episode 4 – The Ghost of Lavender Town, of the original TV series. In the episode, Ash, Misty and Brock make their way into a small town called Lavender Town, more specifically the the Pokemon Tower – a Pokemon graveyard which is said to be haunted. This is the first time which the group meet Ghost type Pokemon. In this tower they meet three Ghost type pokemon; Ghastly, Haunter and Gengar.

The keycap set itself will be made by Signature Plastics. I intend on getting it double-shot in their DSA profile keycaps.

Colours
Alphas: RDE on WFO
Modifiers: WFO on RDE

Full Gallery

Working Notes:
  • There is a International kit coming. (Having issues with the renders showing all the symbols)
  • One more Novelty design coming.
  • Support for 40% kits in either the Non-standard or own kit.
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 November 2017, 06:21:53 by the pokemon kid »

Offline Myoth

Re: [IC] DSA Lavender Town
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 09:06:02 »
it just lacks Mono Legends, other than that, it's great ! looking forward to it !!

Offline the pokemon kid

• Snorlax z z z
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 09:07:23 »
it just lacks Mono Legends, other than that, it's great ! looking forward to it !!

Mono Legend kit will be added to the list of things to do!

Offline Myoth

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 09:09:07 »

Mono Legend kit will be added to the list of things to do!

Well, now it's perfect !

Offline bciamny

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 09:26:05 »
i like it. it could use some poke-inspired haunted novelties :)

Offline aspenc4

[IC] DSA Lavender Town
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 09:36:18 »
I’m a fan. Simple and elegant.  Nothing against you Pokémon fans, but I don’t need the novelties to enjoy this set

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Wed, 01 November 2017, 09:53:02 by aspenc4 »

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 09:40:29 »
How about a 40s kit with 1.25u tab, 1.5u FN, 1.75 and 1.5u enter, 1.25u shift, 2.25 2.75 and 2u space.
keyboards.

Offline the pokemon kid

• Snorlax z z z
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 11:19:34 »
I’m a fan. Simple and elegant.  Nothing against you Pokémon fans, but I don’t need the novelties to enjoy this set

However they will round the set of quite nicely :P

i like it. it could use some poke-inspired haunted novelties :)

Thanks! I am working on some now! They will be up this week!

How about a 40s kit with 1.25u tab, 1.5u FN, 1.75 and 1.5u enter, 1.25u shift, 2.25 2.75 and 2u space.

I can put together the mods part of it. The Planck, ErgoDox set will just be the mods. You will need to purchase the TKL kit to get the alphas from that. Or I might split the alphas into their own seperate kit and then the TKL mods too. We will see.

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 17:50:37 »
I recommend not using Cherry legends on the Numpad. And also adding 1u +, 0 and 00 keys to it. In the TKL kit the `~ and \| keys should be optionally alpha colored as well, the UK offers that option too already.

Offline the pokemon kid

• Snorlax z z z
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 18:36:51 »
I recommend not using Cherry legends on the Numpad. And also adding 1u +, 0 and 00 keys to it. In the TKL kit the `~ and \| keys should be optionally alpha colored as well, the UK offers that option too already.

Do you have an example of this numpad, I am not quite understanding.

Also, how does this look for the TKL portion:

Offline mike52787

• Alps Aficionado
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 19:50:22 »
Do this in GMK and Ill be in... but dsa is not my style. love the colorway however.

Offline Grindbox

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 20:11:00 »
Great set, I'm looking for something just like this.  Hope it works out  :thumb:

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 02:53:19 »

Show Image

Remove the secondary legends on the numbers, such as the Arrows, INS, DEL, HOME, END etc

TKL looks good

Offline the pokemon kid

• Snorlax z z z
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 06:36:21 »

Show Image

Remove the secondary legends on the numbers, such as the Arrows, INS, DEL, HOME, END etc

TKL looks good

Here is the numpad with extra support. Not exactly sure if its all correct but trawling google led me to this design...

« Last Edit: Thu, 02 November 2017, 06:54:17 by the pokemon kid »

Offline the pokemon kid

• Snorlax z z z
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 06:44:26 »
Do this in GMK and Ill be in... but dsa is not my style. love the colorway however.

Maybe in the future, however we need more DSA keycap sets!

Great set, I'm looking for something just like this.  Hope it works out  :thumb:

Thanks dude! I hope it works out too :D

Offline Slopes

« Reply #15 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 15:15:14 »
I'm interested in following the development. Unsure if I would I would at this point, but they look great!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Offline lordgiblite

« Reply #16 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 17:17:10 »
This looks great! I would highly suggest that you add two 1u blanks on the Planck kit for those that use that layout or for Let's Splits.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Offline the pokemon kid

• Snorlax z z z
« Reply #17 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 09:42:24 »
I'm interested in following the development. Unsure if I would I would at this point, but they look great!

Keep your eyes peeled, there will be some changes next week!

This looks great! I would highly suggest that you add two 1u blanks on the Planck kit for those that use that layout or for Let's Splits.

Yeh, this has been added to the design. I am making some changes to whats in each set. I am currently going to split the Alphas from the ANSI TKL kit and have an Alphas kit and a TKL kit to split the cost for those who dont want the TKL stuff.

Offline Slopes

« Reply #18 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 10:39:00 »

Keep your eyes peeled, there will be some changes next week!

Yeh, this has been added to the design. I am making some changes to whats in each set. I am currently going to split the Alphas from the ANSI TKL kit and have an Alphas kit and a TKL kit to split the cost for those who dont want the TKL stuff.
Ok try and poke back in this week (if I don't forget) if you remember, tag me in a comment!

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #19 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 10:45:57 »
Not sure why Purple is called Lavander but i like it!   

Would like to see another color for alphas because like that seems like the PoW honestly, but that's just my opinion. 

Please add the 1.75u RIGHT shift in the tkl kit, i'm interested in this,  the numpad and eventual novelties if there will be, but won't buy the extra kit of a flat profile just for the missing 1.75. 

Also, please consider adding more compatibility kits, split spacebars, etc.. 

Cheers

« Last Edit: Sun, 05 November 2017, 10:47:52 by KaosJ »

Offline Myoth

« Reply #20 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 10:48:01 »

Would like to see another color for alphas because like that seems like the PoW honestly.

Also, please add the 1.75u RIGHT shift in the tkl kit, i'm interested in this,  the numpad and eventual novelties if there will be, but won't buy the extra kit of a flat profile for the missing 1.75

Cheers

the pokemon kid who is doing the IC loves pokemons. And in Pokemon, there is a place called Lavender Town and Lavender is pretty close to Purple that's why the set is called like that :D

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #21 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 10:56:23 »

Would like to see another color for alphas because like that seems like the PoW honestly.

Also, please add the 1.75u RIGHT shift in the tkl kit, i'm interested in this,  the numpad and eventual novelties if there will be, but won't buy the extra kit of a flat profile for the missing 1.75

Cheers

the pokemon kid who is doing the IC loves pokemons. And in Pokemon, there is a place called Lavender Town and Lavender is pretty close to Purple that's why the set is called like that :D

Ohhh, make sense. 

Giff 1.75 nau   :D

Offline the pokemon kid

• Snorlax z z z
« Reply #22 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 16:19:40 »

Would like to see another color for alphas because like that seems like the PoW honestly, but that's just my opinion. 

Please add the 1.75u RIGHT shift in the tkl kit, i'm interested in this,  the numpad and eventual novelties if there will be, but won't buy the extra kit of a flat profile just for the missing 1.75. 

Cheers

So, Lavender Town is a place in Pokemon where they first meet Ghastly, Haunter and Gengar (Gengar is my favourite). I have tried to get the purple as close to his colour as possible.

There is a secondary alpha kit in the works called "Hex", However it does mean I am going to have to make further support for the other kits (ISO UK and continental kits) to fit it in...

1.75u, if I can, will be added to the Non standard kit. EDIT: The 1.75u is already in the Non standard kit.

I like the idea of adding support for the split spacebar, however at the same time. I dont want to dilute the keycap set down into too many kits!
« Last Edit: Sun, 05 November 2017, 16:31:00 by the pokemon kid »

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #23 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 16:47:39 »

Cheers

So, Lavender Town is a place in Pokemon where they first meet Ghastly, Haunter and Gengar (Gengar is my favourite). I have tried to get the purple as close to his colour as possible.

There is a secondary alpha kit in the works called "Hex", However it does mean I am going to have to make further support for the other kits (ISO UK and continental kits) to fit it in...

1.75u, if I can, will be added to the Non standard kit. EDIT: The 1.75u is already in the Non standard kit.

I like the idea of adding support for the split spacebar, however at the same time. I dont want to dilute the keycap set down into too many kits!

I actually mean to add it to the TKL kit since the 1.75u rshift is too popular right now. On a flat profile is a must to have it in the standard base kit honestly. 

Not going to buy an extra kit for that key. Maybe this might sound rude, but i often skip an entire GB for that decision, yeah all my keebs have a 1.75 right shift, and in (almost) 2018 this is not acceptable for a flat profile, where this simple key can add many compatibilities without having to buy an extra kit. 

Different thing for sculpted profiles where by adding a 1.75u rshift you might still need to add other to support these layouts (eg. 75%-96keebs) so you put it directly in the Modifiers Extension in that case. 

But this is DSA, flat, a big part of our keebs has that 1.75u SHIFT, so not including it in the Base TKL is bad imho.   

My suggestion is to just put the  1.75u Shift in the base TKL and replace it by adding few keys to the "Non-standard kit", for example the split spacebars (2.25+2.75) and/or other few missing keys. 

« Last Edit: Sun, 05 November 2017, 16:57:18 by KaosJ »

Offline the pokemon kid

• Snorlax z z z
« Reply #24 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 17:03:38 »

Cheers

I actually mean to add it to the TKL kit since the 1.75u rshift is too popular right now. On a flat profile is a must to have it in the standard base kit honestly. 

Not going to buy an extra kit for that key. Maybe this might sound rude, but i often skip an entire GB for that decision, yeah all my keebs have a 1.75 right shift, and in (almost) 2018 this is not acceptable for a flat profile, where this simple key can add many compatibilities without having to buy an extra kit. 

Different thing for sculpted profiles where by adding a 1.75u rshift you might still need to add other, so you put it directly in the Modifiers Extension in that case.  But this is DSA, flat, a big part of our keebs has that 1.75u SHIFT, so not including it in the Base TKL is bad imho.   

My suggestion is to just put the  1.75u Shift in the base TKL and replace it by adding few keys to the "Non-standard kit", for example the split spacebars (2.25+2.75) and/or other few missing keys. 

Well the easiest way to decided will be all of you to decide once all the kits have been released. I will put up a poll and you can decide whether to have it the TKL kit mods or the non standard kit. By this time, I should be able to get some sort of idea of pricing and price difference of adding this key and leaving it in the non standard kit.

Also, basing my prices off a recent UK GB (Royal Navy), it will be Ł101 for those three kits, which imo is a very reasonable amount!

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #25 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 02:23:55 »

Cheers

Different thing for sculpted profiles where by adding a 1.75u rshift you might still need to add other, so you put it directly in the Modifiers Extension in that case.  But this is DSA, flat, a big part of our keebs has that 1.75u SHIFT, so not including it in the Base TKL is bad imho.   

Well the easiest way to decided will be all of you to decide once all the kits have been released. I will put up a poll and you can decide whether to have it the TKL kit mods or the non standard kit. By this time, I should be able to get some sort of idea of pricing and price difference of adding this key and leaving it in the non standard kit.

Also, basing my prices off a recent UK GB (Royal Navy), it will be Ł101 for those three kits, which imo is a very reasonable amount!

Yeah understandable. Pretty sure people will not mind to pay +$1 or 2 for the 1.75u shift in the TKL kit. 

Not talking about the total price tho, $132 may be ok for many, may be much for others, this is more a personal war that i started to not pay $25-50 for a single key and that's not only me. At this point where tons of layouts uses this, this shouldn't even be a poll honestly.   

Knowing how more or less things works here, people answering the poll will be less than people joining (on the contrary of reddit where people signing up for the IC are usually more than people joining). Consider posting this on reddit for more people answering your poll. 

Nice to see that you are based in EU ;D
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 November 2017, 02:27:43 by KaosJ »

Offline the pokemon kid

• Snorlax z z z
« Reply #26 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 03:54:26 »

Cheers

Yeah understandable. Pretty sure people will not mind to pay +$1 or 2 for the 1.75u shift in the TKL kit. 

Not talking about the total price tho, $132 may be ok for many, may be much for others, this is more a personal war that i started to not pay $25-50 for a single key and that's not only me. At this point where tons of layouts uses this, this shouldn't even be a poll honestly.   

Knowing how more or less things works here, people answering the poll will be less than people joining (on the contrary of reddit where people signing up for the IC are usually more than people joining). Consider posting this on reddit for more people answering your poll. 

I will give you guys all the power just so that you cant blame me at a later date ;)

Also, I am in the EU for now...

Offline Slopes

« Reply #27 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 04:30:32 »

Cheers

I will give you guys all the power just so that you cant blame me at a later date ;)

Also, I am in the EU for now...
I also use a tada68 and I just skipped a massdrop because I needed to buy 3 kits to cover it.

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #28 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 09:51:38 »

Offline Slopes

« Reply #29 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 10:07:38 »

Offline Slopes

« Reply #30 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 10:12:15 »
Another question, in the non standard kit, would you consider 1u cntrl alt fn keys?

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #31 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 10:12:22 »

Offline Slopes

« Reply #32 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 10:14:10 »
Speaking of, just popped out this on reddit today: https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/7b50z9/with_the_rising_popularity_in_boards_that_use/
That's my post

Oh... you did well   :thumb:
Some good conversation coming from it. Some users make good points, for example, sure include the 1.75u shift, what about the 1u cntrl fn and alt... Still don't have those for something like tada68. Just can't win!

Offline the pokemon kid

• Snorlax z z z
« Reply #33 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 12:04:45 »
Another question, in the non standard kit, would you consider 1u cntrl alt fn keys?

I was asked to add this already actually on the MKUK discord. I am adding it in on the next render. It will just be the addition of the 1u CTRL and 1u ALT as the others are already there...

Offline Slopes

« Reply #34 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 12:09:21 »

I was asked to add this already actually on the MKUK discord. I am adding it in on the next render. It will just be the addition of the 1u CTRL and 1u ALT as the others are already there...
<3!!

Offline Tre3Cycl3S

« Reply #35 on: Sat, 11 November 2017, 16:23:07 »
I really really like this! I personally prefer to see this in SA, and would instantly jump on it. Would still most likely get it if it's in DSA :) Heck, I think I'll get this in any profile...

There is a secondary alpha kit in the works called "Hex"

I am really interested to see how that one turns out!

QFR           HHKB Pro-2     JD45         VE.A                    XMIT 61-Key       JD40 Mk.II                    Realforce 87U     M65-A                 Custom:Annie      NightFox      Pearl                  E6-V2 R2                          Norbaforce
MX Blue     45g Topre        MX Blue     R5 67g Zealios     50g Hall Effect     Modded Gateron Red     55g Topre           R5 78g Zealios     62g Ergo Grey     Hako True     R9 62g Zilent     Lubed Holy Trash Panda     OG Sony BKE Domes

Offline the pokemon kid

• Snorlax z z z
« Reply #36 on: Thu, 16 November 2017, 10:03:31 »
Sorry for no replies for a little while.

Still working on the set, currently chatting to a few vendors who might run this through their site (I understand I am a relative unknown, but I want this set to have credibility (It will NOT be run through Massdrop)).

I am making two sets of Alphas. We were working on this a little yesterday on the Mechkeys Discord. There is going to be 'Glare' and 'Hex' Alphas. Glare = Purple (RDE) on white (WFO), Hex = Purple (RDE) /white (WFO) on Dark Grey (GB).

Also working on the novelties at the moment, they have become harder than I thought because of the single doubleshot colours. However they will be displayed soon!

Offline mbljs5555

« Reply #37 on: Mon, 20 November 2017, 14:00:14 »
I like the theme a lot!

Offline the pokemon kid

• Snorlax z z z
« Reply #38 on: Tue, 28 November 2017, 06:20:18 »
Hi All,

A little update. I have made some changes to the description of the set. People weren't getting the Pokemon theme.

Also, I have sorted out the design of the renders. Hopefully you like the look!

There is also the first draft of the novelties. There was four different designs but one of them would not work. Currently trying to change it to work.

Let me know what you think!

Offline Slopes

« Reply #39 on: Tue, 28 November 2017, 06:23:28 »
Hi All,

A little update. I have made some changes to the description of the set. People weren't getting the Pokemon theme.

Also, I have sorted out the design of the renders. Hopefully you like the look!

There is also the first draft of the novelties. There was four different designs but one of them would not work. Currently trying to change it to work.

Let me know what you think!
It looks really good. I've been a little out of the loop, where will the same be held? I don't know if I'll be able to buy, I'd love to for my tada68 though.

Offline the pokemon kid

• Snorlax z z z
« Reply #40 on: Tue, 28 November 2017, 06:31:37 »
It looks really good. I've been a little out of the loop, where will the same be held? I don't know if I'll be able to buy, I'd love to for my tada68 though.

Where? - I am talking to a couple of UK based companies right now who might be interested in running it through their store. (I understand I am a relative unknown). It WILL NOT be run on Massdrop however.

Offline Slopes

« Reply #41 on: Tue, 28 November 2017, 06:55:33 »

Where? - I am talking to a couple of UK based companies right now who might be interested in running it through their store. (I understand I am a relative unknown). It WILL NOT be run on Massdrop however.
Sorry I meant sale not same. Thanks for the response, I will keep my eye on it!