geekhack Marketplace > Interest Checks

[IC]JRIS80 Update - WK/WKL Quick Disassembly Customize Keyboard, GB is now live!

<< < (2/10) > >>

DashanYYY:
I wonder why you guys stopped dropping GBs in China. A lot of people did not even know that a Jris 75 (Iris 75) exists. One of my friend wanted a budget 75%, and I recommended him the Iris 75, and he told me there is no such thing in China lol

aicyborg:
Genuinely trying to come up with an objective list of things this offers and/or does better than the recent budget TKLs that were in GB this year or late last:

- More colour options
- Large RGB region underneath PgDn
- Brass piece next to RGB region
- Underside weight being patterned and having a separate triangle piece
- Ball-and-catch system (not always useful, but still a unique feature)

Unless you can noticeably undercut the QK80 in price, I can't see this making sense. You're coming after that, Velocifire CKW80, and Zoom TKL. Existing hobbyists that want a budget TKL bought one of those. I just don't see this working with this design. There just isn't enough here to be enticing. My advice is to wait, slow down, really hone the design and optimise this thing to be as low cost as possible.

It's just not it, as it stands.

Kooks:
I really don't know about this. For me the design just feels bloated. Ok probably not bloated but idk just slightly less streamlined. It looks as if you took designs from previous boards and throw it together. One thing that seems cool is holographic effect on one of the back weights. Also not a fan for the light bar and the accent piece on the front of the board so close together.

Mykeyclub:

--- Quote from: DashanYYY on Fri, 24 March 2023, 09:49:22 ---I wonder why you guys stopped dropping GBs in China. A lot of people did not even know that a Jris 75 (Iris 75) exists. One of my friend wanted a budget 75%, and I recommended him the Iris 75, and he told me there is no such thing in China lol

--- End quote ---
The IRISLAB studio will be dropping GBs of the JRIS75 in China soon. If your friend is interested, he could pay attention to it.

Mykeyclub:

--- Quote from: aicyborg on Fri, 24 March 2023, 23:05:56 ---Genuinely trying to come up with an objective list of things this offers and/or does better than the recent budget TKLs that were in GB this year or late last:

- More colour options
- Large RGB region underneath PgDn
- Brass piece next to RGB region
- Underside weight being patterned and having a separate triangle piece
- Ball-and-catch system (not always useful, but still a unique feature)

Unless you can noticeably undercut the QK80 in price, I can't see this making sense. You're coming after that, Velocifire CKW80, and Zoom TKL. Existing hobbyists that want a budget TKL bought one of those. I just don't see this working with this design. There just isn't enough here to be enticing. My advice is to wait, slow down, really hone the design and optimise this thing to be as low cost as possible.

It's just not it, as it stands.

--- End quote ---
Thank you so much for your opinion. We understand that we are a new team, but we did work very hard to bring good design, quality, and service to the community. I know we are imperfect, and we still need to learn many things to improve details. We aim to let customers experience better custom kits at a valuable price so that more members can enjoy the fun of custom keyboards. So we listen, learn, and work for this. You said, " My advice is to wait, slow down, really hone the design and optimise this thing to be as low cost as possible." I am sorry that I disagree with this because I think a good design needs to listen to the community, and running the project is the best way to understand what the community voices. And honestly, the most feedback we received about this design is positive. But we respect and understand some community member doesn't like it. And we keep all the reasons in mind and discuss them. Everyone has their aesthetics, and we can only say trying to satisfy most community members. As for low cost, we are continually working on it but not sacrificing quality. Like optimizing production loss and optimizing the supply chain,  and these improvements only can be made when we run the project. We can't make it happen just thinking of it. Again, thank you so much for your sincere opinions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version