Author Topic: [IC] Glow SA, Glow-in-the-Dark profiled SA, PRICES ADDED 2019-02-17  (Read 149169 times)

Offline mgsickler

Re: [IC] Glow SA, Glow-in-the-Dark profiled SA
« Reply #450 on: Mon, 21 January 2019, 22:35:26 »
Ladies and Gentlemen, we have an update from SP and it's a good one!

Yes! We are good to quote – do you want to send me your final layout and I can get pricing your way?

Given the hiatus it will take a couple moments to revisit where we were, and in also addressing grizzly's post, here's the action plan:

1. Submit current mother and daughter sets for quote, will include one or two "identity" novelties, most definitely "g l o w", and one of the identity novelties, probably "filament" which has been consistently my favourite;
2. Per key quote for additional novelties;
3. If numbers come back to our satisfaction, there will be a final pass on the novelties to re-energize interest and hone in on the favourites for production.

I'm making no assumption as yet on what will come back, just keeping fingers crossed without reading too much into the speculation.

As this happens, let's start getting the word out so we're ready to ride this wave coming up over the horizon!

And before we huddle up and break before we kick off this sports metaphor, many thanks for all of you keeping interest going, it's been a long and tedious wait but movement is finally happening. So, 3, 2, 1, break!

Glad to hear! I think this set is great.

Offline booleanjulien

« Reply #451 on: Mon, 21 January 2019, 23:44:22 »

Offline mogo

• handshoes and horse grenades
« Reply #452 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 13:22:44 »
So, 3, 4, 3, 2, 1, 1, break!

FTFY

:p well done. Glad this is moving forward! 2019, the year we all glow up!

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #453 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 14:21:24 »
Still looking at this wishing I was American and used a normal layout.  The price of base and novelties may be acceptable for a 60% but pretty sure base, extension, ISO, novelties and possibly spacebars (need a 1.75 R3 for backspace, G L O W would work nicely if it makes the cut) won't be.  And does it make any sense not to buy the numberpad for completeness/versatility?  Not really...

This will probably be my first keyboard purchase in two years (I'm assuming SP can't have a queue yet so this will be a 2019 buy, though you never know :)))
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #454 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 14:32:56 »
Nice, thank for the great news, OP, looking forward to this set!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #455 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 14:33:15 »
Nice, thank for the great news, OP, looking forward to this set!

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #456 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 15:26:51 »
Finally ! Hyped !!!

Offline emenelopee

• *klomp klomp klomp* I step on your house 🦖
« Reply #457 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 18:06:46 »
This will probably be my first keyboard purchase in two years (I'm assuming SP can't have a queue yet so this will be a 2019 buy, though you never know :)))

Now there's an endorsement, many thx!

I've sent the set for quote, and for simplicity I've tacked on a placeholder novelties kit of 5x 1.25u R3 and 10x 1u R1 to get a taste of the pricing - getting a gauge on per-key doesn't allow for bulk prices, let's see what SP comes back with.

As to the queue, who knows, if there's no PBT SA in the pipeline yet maybe this could be quite quick? Let us whisper of a dream...

Offline emenelopee

« Reply #458 on: Thu, 24 January 2019, 10:35:29 »
Spreading the word, hype it up and add your thoughts if you have a moment.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/aj7n0b/g_l_o_w_sa_sp_sa_pbt_gid_glowinthedark/
« Last Edit: Thu, 24 January 2019, 13:01:09 by emenelopee »

Offline Al41

« Reply #459 on: Thu, 24 January 2019, 11:12:27 »
I'm ready  ;D

Offline _ODIN_

« Reply #460 on: Thu, 24 January 2019, 11:22:51 »
Are you willing to set up/ contact an EU proxy?

Gesendet von meinem H8416 mit Tapatalk

Offline emenelopee

« Reply #461 on: Thu, 24 January 2019, 13:01:59 »
Are you willing to set up/ contact an EU proxy?

Gesendet von meinem H8416 mit Tapatalk

The plan is for Worldwide availability. Deets TBD.

Offline emenelopee

« Reply #462 on: Thu, 24 January 2019, 15:07:00 »
At the risk of being a huge tease, numbers have come through!

I'll take a closer look and do some analysis/breakdown once I'm done with work and we'll see what we can see see see. I'll also try and get some data to compare with standard ABS SA sets as a baseline if that's interesting for anyone.

Holy moly finally things are moving.

Heads-up: 3u spacebars still don't exist, which makes me sad, but all other rows, widths, and profiles seem to be a go.

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #463 on: Thu, 24 January 2019, 17:45:30 »

I'll take a closer look and do some analysis/breakdown once I'm done with work and we'll see what we can see see see. I'll also try and get some data to compare with standard ABS SA sets as a baseline if that's interesting for anyone.

Holy moly finally things are moving.

Heads-up: 3u spacebars still don't exist, which makes me sad, but all other rows, widths, and profiles seem to be a go.
Nice, looking forward to the price quotes!

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #464 on: Sun, 10 February 2019, 12:06:38 »

I'll take a closer look and do some analysis/breakdown once I'm done with work and we'll see what we can see see see.

Risk?  No-one works two weeks straight - you must be done by now and you are a huge tease :p
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline emenelopee

« Reply #465 on: Sun, 10 February 2019, 19:23:43 »
Good point well made.

SP's first numbers came through with a little error in the spreadsheet. They've now sent the updated figures which are being crunched through the machine - donutcat was a little slammed with the tail end of a recent drop but we're now talking.

A more high-energy number-filled post to follow soooon!

Offline grizzly_teddy

« Reply #466 on: Thu, 14 February 2019, 10:38:53 »
SP's first numbers came through with a little error in the spreadsheet.

I wonder if they sent me the same error when they quoted me prices for blanks! I really want to find out the prices here! As for turnaround time, Melissa implied to me that it might be even longer than 12 weeks.
> The way GH looks now, to a regular person, it screams, "Oh dang, this is one of **those** sites for really devoted and weird people".

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #467 on: Thu, 14 February 2019, 11:05:56 »
Good point well made.

SP's first numbers came through with a little error in the spreadsheet. They've now sent the updated figures which are being crunched through the machine - donutcat was a little slammed with the tail end of a recent drop but we're now talking.

A more high-energy number-filled post to follow soooon!
Looking forward to your post!

Offline grizzly_teddy

« Reply #468 on: Fri, 15 February 2019, 17:05:39 »
Hey guys! So if you read my post earlier, I was talking about how expensive PBT is...

Turns out the pricing was a mistake, and it is less than half the price I was originally quoted! For example, an XD75RE kit I thought would have been $115, but really it's $52 (for blanks).
Anyway I am now much more hopeful that pricing for this GB will be affordable. Really looking forward!
> The way GH looks now, to a regular person, it screams, "Oh dang, this is one of **those** sites for really devoted and weird people".

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #469 on: Fri, 15 February 2019, 17:41:47 »
Hey guys! So if you read my post earlier, I was talking about how expensive PBT is...

Turns out the pricing was a mistake, and it is less than half the price I was originally quoted! For example, an XD75RE kit I thought would have been $115, but really it's $52 (for blanks).
Anyway I am now much more hopeful that pricing for this GB will be affordable. Really looking forward!
Hell yes, as long I can get alphas & hopefully a 40s kit or mods that can work w/ a 40%, I’m in!

Offline emenelopee

« Reply #470 on: Sun, 17 February 2019, 09:17:01 »
Ladies and Gentlemen, we have numbers ready! The [GB] will need a couple more days to get going (Paypal setup, finalizing novelties, international proxies etc.) but for now here are the prices per set at each milestone.

MOQTenKeyLessExtensionNumpadISO-UKNoveltiesaSpacebarsb
25-$90.00$43.50$30.00$33.50$48.00
50$157.00$76.50$40.50$26.00$30.00$39.50
75$147.00$63.00$39.00$24.50$28.50$32.00
100$143.00$58.00$38.50$23.50$27.50$29.00
150$140.00$53.50$38.00$23.00$27.00$27.00
200$138.00$50.50$37.50$22.50$26.50$25.00
250$137.00$49.50$37.50$22.00$26.50$24.50
500$136.00$48.00$37.00$21.50$26.00$24.00

afinal selection TBD, price for (5) 1.25uR3 and (10) 1uR1
b3u spacebars are out

[EDIT] formatting

[EDIT2] I was hoping to add some commentary yesterday but had to head out to the NYC Chinese New Year parade (Happy Pig Year everyone!).As y'all can probably see, interesting numbers begin around the 75MOQ (TKL at 25MOQ is just too high so that's the cut-off). With 75 sets ordered, a full 100% kb can be covered for $186 which is a lot better than I was expecting and not too bad for a new material process (PBT), new profiles, and GiD, all with dye-sub black on GiD, so I'm personally pretty pumped! At 100 sets we're looking at 100% for $181.50. Let's aim high and push g l o w has high as we can!

[EDIT3] And to add a little sweetener, it seems there is no significant queue for the new PBT, SP says they can get all the sets made and shipped within 12 weeks of receiving the order, so that's a <3 month lead time, not the year or so for all the other sets!
« Last Edit: Mon, 18 February 2019, 10:07:01 by emenelopee »

Offline mogo

• handshoes and horse grenades
« Reply #471 on: Sun, 17 February 2019, 20:56:21 »
Praise the lord, the numbers are here! I'm excited to pick up a TKL and novelties :D

Offline urbantheii

« Reply #472 on: Mon, 18 February 2019, 08:33:13 »
Gimme

Offline emenelopee

« Reply #473 on: Mon, 18 February 2019, 09:35:14 »
Praise the lord, the numbers are here! I'm excited to pick up a TKL and novelties :D

« Last Edit: Mon, 18 February 2019, 09:39:53 by emenelopee »

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #474 on: Mon, 18 February 2019, 13:18:35 »
Great to see progress, the OP still says 60% base with 100% upgrade though...

This is looking like $250 to cover my crackpot 60% and that's assuming there's a novelty suitable for backspace on caps without raising the price, which is unlikely (there may be a cap but it won't be free!)  Worst case the novelties stay as-is, MoQ is barely met and I need spacebars too, then it could be $341.  I'm relying on ISO though, if that means buying extra sets to make MoQ... I don't want to think about it :eek:
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline emenelopee

« Reply #475 on: Mon, 18 February 2019, 13:43:47 »
Great to see progress, the OP still says 60% base with 100% upgrade though...

This is looking like $250 to cover my crackpot 60% and that's assuming there's a novelty suitable for backspace on caps without raising the price, which is unlikely (there may be a cap but it won't be free!)  Worst case the novelties stay as-is, MoQ is barely met and I need spacebars too, then it could be $341.  I'm relying on ISO though, if that means buying extra sets to make MoQ... I don't want to think about it :eek:

Fixed, good catch.

As to meeting crackpot and ISO, there's little I can do on this I'm afraid, crackpot doesn't come cheap. There's no chance for the 3u spaces which is about 50% of the point of this GB anyway v :( v

I was thinking about an alt blank 60% modifiers a la here https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/aradag/this_lil_keeb_has_come_a_long_way/ but I don't know how popular this would be?

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #476 on: Mon, 18 February 2019, 14:00:32 »
As to meeting crackpot and ISO, there's little I can do on this I'm afraid, crackpot doesn't come cheap. There's no chance for the 3u spaces which is about 50% of the point of this GB anyway v :( v

I was thinking about an alt blank 60% modifiers a la here https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/aradag/this_lil_keeb_has_come_a_long_way/ but I don't know how popular this would be?
Wait all this time for dye sub then offer blanks?  Sounds crazy to me but if it attracts more TKL/novelty sales (the only way crackpot gets cheaper) I'm all for it :))

What's the idea behind 3u spacebars, symmetry?  Even if it makes no sense to me it's sad that your baby won't be able to do what you want it to.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline emenelopee

« Reply #477 on: Mon, 18 February 2019, 14:05:20 »
It's just for the custom kb I made (see signature) which unwisely uses 3u because I didn't know better.

Everything would stay the same, the blanks could be a separate addon. I'm only 23% behind this idea.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #478 on: Mon, 18 February 2019, 14:28:52 »
Oh, your wonderous custom, the only board I've seen that sensibly uses standard caps without worrying about not having a straight edge.  Surprised you found 3u caps for it in the first place!  How much space is there if you put on 2.75 caps in those positions?  It's only 0.125u each side, might look OK.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline emenelopee

« Reply #479 on: Mon, 18 February 2019, 15:11:08 »
Oh, your wonderous custom, the only board I've seen that sensibly uses standard caps without worrying about not having a straight edge.  Surprised you found 3u caps for it in the first place!  How much space is there if you put on 2.75 caps in those positions?  It's only 0.125u each side, might look OK.

"Sensibly"?  :)) But yes, avoiding the issue of compatibility in crackpot variations was the aim of the game. A decent idea ruined by the 3u ...

Speaking of which, it's not the gap, it's the stabilizers. The best alternative is a 1.5u which is the largest key without a stab (iirc? maybe 1.25u? I forget). SP have a few 3u every so often (R3 so a bad space bar with the sharp-ish corners). I also found a few warped monstrosities on TaoBao that let me use Laser, but with the wrong colour, and quality is as bad as you'd imagine. One day I'll get my lovely GiD 3u but that day is not this day today. R1 or R2 is most comfortable for thumb, SA convex tops don't exist just yet.

But we digress.

What's your crackpot missing from the TKL set? Between you and me and everyone else, I'm not holding much hope for ISO or spacebars, we're not Massdrop-ping this and historically ISO doesn't make the cut, but we shall see once the ball rolls around the [GB] lap. All I can recommend is you bite the bullet, like I did, and embrace the ANSI. fwiw, the novelties will probably be expanded to add some set-branding to the R3 Caps and Enter, as is the current trend in sets.

I'm itching to get this going, feeling good so far, let's hope energy and excitement hasn't been too attenuated.

Offline euphxenos

« Reply #480 on: Mon, 18 February 2019, 15:27:28 »
Have you considered offering 1U novelties in all four rows?  That would let 65% users put novelties down the right side column (and is probably more likely than the missing R3 Page Up, R4 Page Down, and R3 Fn that I'd prefer).

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #481 on: Mon, 18 February 2019, 15:32:58 »
"Sensibly"?  :)) But yes, avoiding the issue of compatibility in crackpot variations was the aim of the game. A decent idea ruined by the 3u ...

Speaking of which, it's not the gap, it's the stabilizers.What's your crackpot missing from the TKL set? Between you and me and everyone else, I'm not holding much hope for ISO or spacebars, we're not Massdrop-ping this and historically ISO doesn't make the cut, but we shall see once the ball rolls around the [GB] lap. All I can recommend is you bite the bullet, like I did, and embrace the ANSI.
Definitely - had you not chosen the 3u you'd have a custom that's compatible with any future keycap set.  I assumed 3u used the standard 2u stabs, in that case I'm even more surprised you found 3u stabs.  For future reference 1.75u (caps) is the biggest no-stab cap.

I use 1.25 mods on the left but 1.5,1,1,1.5 on the right plus split backspace (`¬ and delete) and of course backspace is on caps lock.  Tried ANSI on a HHKB but while I convinced my head backspace was lower than normal I still hit the same place for Enter as I usually hit the top of ISO - it really doesn't work well.

25 isn't so many for ISO and this is a great set, it's the first PBT dyesub so you never know it could take off.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #482 on: Mon, 18 February 2019, 16:13:21 »
Yes, will be joining!

Re: [IC] Glow SA, Glow-in-the-Dark profiled SA, PRICES ADDED 2019-02-17
« Reply #483 on: Tue, 19 February 2019, 03:18:49 »
My body is ready !

Offline Cods

• Penumbra SA Mark II please?
« Reply #484 on: Thu, 21 February 2019, 06:16:27 »
Bring it on :)
Model M Industrial, SSK, Unicomp 104, Code TKL MX Green, FC660M MX Green + Clear + White + Grey, FC660C Topre 45g, MagicForce 68 USB and Bluetooth, Whitefox, some optical switch 65% Bluetooth split spacebar thing ... wait, I think I need an intervention. Too late, there’s a couple of new Model Fs on the way.
Too much SA is never enough.

Offline emenelopee

« Reply #485 on: Thu, 21 February 2019, 08:54:04 »
Great to see interest hasn't abated!

While the [GB] back-end gets sorted out, I will revisit the novelties discussion, which stalled as we waited on the SP developments, and get a tightened up selection together over the weekend. I won't be putting any efforts into 3D renders (1. it takes too long; 2. I'm sure we can all imagine in our minds what they will actually look like well enough; 3. I can't get V-Ray installed on my new work machine and my personal laptop is too weedy for power rendering), but the 2D CAD should work outwe shall see....

So I guess what I'm saying is now's the time to shout out some final thoughts on potential novelties. Keep it on theme (glow) and let's see what the hive mind comes up with! All options considered, but no guarantees offered!
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 February 2019, 12:32:30 by emenelopee »

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #486 on: Thu, 21 February 2019, 11:22:53 »
Understood, I'm so looking forward to this set!

Offline leexy

« Reply #487 on: Thu, 21 February 2019, 20:57:14 »
no 40s support tho

Offline emenelopee

« Reply #488 on: Thu, 21 February 2019, 21:16:23 »
no 40s support tho
Pulse SA hit 86 40% kits, approx 6% of the alphas (1435). At 25 MOQ for 40s, an optimistically low target at best, we'd need to hit >400 of the TKL. >800 TKLs if we need to hit 50 MOQ. The numbers aren't on your side I'm afraid.
« Last Edit: Fri, 22 February 2019, 10:54:11 by emenelopee »

Offline vicissitude

« Reply #489 on: Thu, 21 February 2019, 23:06:15 »
Yes.
Waiting for the GB to start. :thumb:

Offline mattyisforlovers

« Reply #490 on: Sat, 23 February 2019, 19:09:36 »
Count me in, my body is ready.

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #491 on: Wed, 27 February 2019, 05:24:59 »
If this run is successful, what are the chances of ever seeing a run with blank sets?

Offline Cods

• Penumbra SA Mark II please?
« Reply #492 on: Fri, 01 March 2019, 17:28:30 »
Sweet. I’m in for enough for a 65% and a 100%.
Model M Industrial, SSK, Unicomp 104, Code TKL MX Green, FC660M MX Green + Clear + White + Grey, FC660C Topre 45g, MagicForce 68 USB and Bluetooth, Whitefox, some optical switch 65% Bluetooth split spacebar thing ... wait, I think I need an intervention. Too late, there’s a couple of new Model Fs on the way.
Too much SA is never enough.

Offline US2040248A

« Reply #493 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 09:58:24 »
im in too

Offline _GMK_

• not affiliated with GMK
« Reply #494 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 10:07:12 »
I have no idea if I like SA.... :-) the idea seems interesting though

Offline bisoromi

• Formerly Duwang
  • owo
« Reply #495 on: Tue, 05 March 2019, 19:43:46 »
Randomly came back to this thread to see if there was an update and there was! Very excited for this set, will be definitely something unique ;]
(credits to Kokaloo)

Offline emenelopee

« Reply #496 on: Tue, 05 March 2019, 20:04:39 »
Hello all, quick update as my pizza arrives: currently securing an EU vendor, and still (STILL!) finishing up them novelties.

Come one come all, we're *this* close.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Offline Strych9

« Reply #497 on: Fri, 08 March 2019, 00:59:35 »
I want one TKL set too… i join the party !!!

Offline clickfish

« Reply #498 on: Fri, 08 March 2019, 02:46:44 »
I'm definitely on board for a TKL set. Really looking forward to this! :cool:
« Last Edit: Fri, 08 March 2019, 02:49:54 by clickfish »

Offline BlankeyGotCaps

« Reply #499 on: Thu, 14 March 2019, 09:24:01 »
Take my money also.