geekhack Community > KotM Archive

Keyboard of the Month - November - Vote!

<< < (2/3) > >>

funderburker:

--- Quote from: suicidal_orange on Thu, 12 December 2019, 02:43:27 ---Nice boards but ignoring lightint there's not a lot of colour.  And still only one full bottom row!

--- End quote ---

Is there requirements what dictates a KOTM entry? I do agree that there's not a lot of colour but classics are great for a reason.

suicidal_orange:

--- Quote from: funderburker on Thu, 12 December 2019, 05:28:23 ---
--- Quote from: suicidal_orange on Thu, 12 December 2019, 02:43:27 ---Nice boards but ignoring lightint there's not a lot of colour.  And still only one full bottom row!

--- End quote ---

Is there requirements what dictates a KOTM entry? I do agree that there's not a lot of colour but classics are great for a reason.

--- End quote ---

Requirements are simple - the board has to be first posted (finished and working) in the month It's nominated.  Someone nominates it, if others agree and it gets in the top 3 counting +1s it gets in the final vote.

So if you see a board you like nominate it, now easier as you don't have to wait 'til the end of the month for there to be a thread.

funderburker:

--- Quote from: suicidal_orange on Thu, 12 December 2019, 07:14:38 ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Requirements are simple - the board has to be first posted (finished and working) in the month It's nominated.  Someone nominates it, if others agree and it gets in the top 3 counting +1s it gets in the final vote.

So if you see a board you like nominate it, now easier as you don't have to wait 'til the end of the month for there to be a thread.

--- End quote ---

Oh, I know the real requirements, I was more asking you if the uncolourful and non-full bottom row boards somehow aren't worthy to be nominated. But yeah, it's just a trend and coincidence. What I think though is that KOTM doesn't get enough exposure and mostly (but katushkin probably knows better) voters are the same people each month. It's not bad but our preferences may make KOTM look a bit stale.

tex_live_utility:

--- Quote from: funderburker on Thu, 12 December 2019, 08:22:59 ---
--- Quote from: suicidal_orange on Thu, 12 December 2019, 07:14:38 ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Oh, I know the real requirements, I was more asking you if the uncolourful and non-full bottom row boards somehow aren't worthy to be nominated. But yeah, it's just a trend and coincidence. What I think though is that KOTM doesn't get enough exposure and mostly (but katushkin probably knows better) voters are the same people each month. It's not bad but our preferences may make KOTM look a bit stale.

--- End quote ---

FWIW this month I voted for Tyson's X60 specifically because of how much planning and effort went into it. I don't know if the other two boards up for nomination have similar backstories.

Khers:
Oh, thanks for the nomination!

Some really nice keyboards in contention this month!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version