Author Topic: MatchstickWorks Store feat. SouthPad - A Mirrored, Left-handed Numpad  (Read 42063 times)

Offline MatchstickMan

• CAD Jockey - YOLO Enthusiast
EDIT (2023-July-24): The Original SouthPad is no longer being sold. Please see the reply for SouthPad v2. Also cleaning up some information that no longer applies or has changed.

I've had a number of people ask me about it, and I've finally gotten around to it. I'm opening up my MatchstickWorks store, starting on Etsy!
EDIT (2023-July-24): I've also got my own storefront at Matchstick.Works!

The first product I'm selling is what I'm now calling the SouthPad, a mirrored-layout, left-handed number pad that I originally posted about here!

270481-0270483-1

EDIT (2023-July-24): URL no longer valid, see Etsy or Matchstick.Works
etsy /listing/1030008751/southpad-left-handed-mechanical-number

The SouthPad features include:
  • QMK-compatible
  • USB Type-C
  • Pre-loaded layout (with firmware available)
  • Plug-and-play and ready to use
  • Cherry-type stabilizers
  • Top row utility keys
  • 5 adhesive rubber feet

I am currently offering it with switches soldered on as well as switchless. I generally only stock Gateron Blue, Brown, and Red switches, but message me if you want different switches and allow for extra build/ship time.

It does not feature hot-swap sockets because it would make it more expensive than I wanted to sell it for, but maybe I could offer a variant with the hot-swap sockets at some point in the future.
EDIT (2023-July-24): SouthPad v2 has hotswap sockets!

270487-2270489-3

The SouthPad can be used without a case, but I'm also selling a 3D printed case to go along with it. You can either buy the physical case that comes with the screw inserts and screws, or you can order the STL print it yourself and order the hardware from McMaster-Carr.
EDIT (2023-July-24): I've opted to not offer the STL anymore because people have bought the files and sold them on their own shops. I am truly bummed by this...

EDIT (2023-July-24): URLs no longer valid, see Etsy or Matchstick.Works
Physical Case with hardware included: etsy /listing/1030029611/southpad-mechanical-number-pad-keyboard
STL files only: etsy /listing/1016102014/southpad-case-stl-files

Storewide, I offer free domestic (USA) shipping.

If nothing else, thanks for looking at my shop! If you have any feedback, feel free to drop it here or message me. I'd love to hear what you think!

Discord: @matchstickman or https://discord.matchstick.works
« Last Edit: Mon, 24 July 2023, 13:34:38 by MatchstickMan »
Current Projects:
- SouthPad -- Left-handed Numpad
- Full Split (Currently on hold)

Offline MatchstickMan

• CAD Jockey - YOLO Enthusiast
Over 2 years ago, I launched the left-handed, mirrored numberpad dubbed the SouthPad, unsure if anyone else even wanted one (considering finding one is/was wildly hard). Because of that uncertainty, I had to cut a few features from it that I would've liked.

Turns out, people were really into it! It took me a while, but I'm finally updating the design to add some of those features I had to nix at the beginning.

So, I'm happy to announce that I'm launching the SouthPad V2!

Improvements over the original include:
  • Kailh Hotswap Sockets
  • Fixed firmware so that "Num Lock" off makes 6 "Arrow Left" and 4 "Arrow Right"
  • Custom Keycaps as an option
  • Option to have a USB-C Cable bundled
  • Updated Case design to use a plate and reduce pinging from the original design
  • VIA firmware flashed by default

Everything from before still applies:
  • QMK enabled
  • USB-C Connector
  • Cherry-type Stabilizers
  • Rubber Feet Included regardless of case or not

Wildest part of all of this is that I can actually offer the board at LESS than the price of the original!

Here's where you can find it:
MatchstickWorks Shop
Etsy Shop

If you've got any questions or feedback, you can also find me at these places:
Discord Server - Profile: @matchstickman
Instagram - @MatchstickWorks
Facebook - @MatchstickWorx
Current Projects:
- SouthPad -- Left-handed Numpad
- Full Split (Currently on hold)