geekhack Community > Off Topic

Masks4ever

<< < (3/5) > >>

yui:
tbh i feel i will end up wearing masks all summers now, works wonders to suppress my allergies, so i would not care if it becomes the norm.

tp4tissue:
Potential Collapse:

At this point majority hospitalization is age 18-49.   This is the young/ middle age workforce.

The current viral load is 1000x, so hospital staff are exposed to that much more. The load can overwhem them, and then with Summer festivals/ events all going ahead,   Sturgis, 700,000 people, iowa state fiar, 1,000,000 people, lollapolooza, 500,000 people.

The difference is, BEFORE, hospital staff withstood vanilla covid,  DELTA is roided up covid.

Sintpinty:
Indoors yes, but not outdoors unless a complete collaspe of society

noisyturtle:
Last year I actually did notice my breathing improved with long-term mask wearing. I was using 4 layer procedural masks everywhere and morning congestion improved, lung capacity increased, I just felt all around better. Now I wear a sports fabric one and everything is back like it was, leading me to believe these fabric masks don't do such a great job.

On the downside of wearing masks everywhere for over a year, inner nose pimples. It really annoys me how their pain output is so much higher than their severity.

fohat.digs:
A couple of years ago I grew a pretty decent-looking goatee, and a mask just hides it completely.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version