geekhack Community > Off Topic

Masks4ever

<< < (4/5) > >>

Faceman76:

--- Quote from: noisyturtle on Fri, 06 August 2021, 21:00:12 ---Last year I actually did notice my breathing improved with long-term mask wearing. I was using 4 layer procedural masks everywhere and morning congestion improved, lung capacity increased, I just felt all around better. Now I wear a sports fabric one and everything is back like it was, leading me to believe these fabric masks don't do such a great job.

On the downside of wearing masks everywhere for over a year, inner nose pimples. It really annoys me how their pain output is so much higher than their severity.

--- End quote ---
If I wear a cheap surgical mask or any mask that doesn't seal well around my nose, I will constantly have styes in both eyes.  This won't happen with a good sealing N95 or N99 mask, but they suck to wear all day at work.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

phinix:
I guess indoors may be forever.
I use masks in shops, but thing is if I'm in for more than 5 minutes, I start to sweat and have problems breathing (maybe I have asthma?)
but if its necessary, then yeah, I will wear it anyway.

yui:

--- Quote from: phinix on Sun, 08 August 2021, 15:08:19 ---I guess indoors may be forever.
I use masks in shops, but thing is if I'm in for more than 5 minutes, I start to sweat and have problems breathing (maybe I have asthma?)

--- End quote ---
i have asthma, and masks do not interfere with breathing enough to trigger it at all, actually helps because of dust and pollen filtration, i kinda feel like the difficult to breath thought mask thing is a bit of a placebo...

phinix:

--- Quote from: yui on Mon, 09 August 2021, 12:04:02 ---
--- Quote from: phinix on Sun, 08 August 2021, 15:08:19 ---I guess indoors may be forever.

--- End quote ---
i have asthma, and masks do not interfere with breathing enough to trigger it at all, actually helps because of dust and pollen filtration, i kinda feel like the difficult to breath thought mask thing is a bit of a placebo...

--- End quote ---

OK, so maybe I don't have asthma. But I do have problems breathing in it, almost suffocate, gets sweaty and my head heat up, at least it feels like it.
I remember I had a peak flow test once and it was very low, nurse asked me if I was diagnosed asthma cause results were really bad.
Maybe its something else, nevermind - thing is I can't comfortably breath with mask.

Leslieann:

--- Quote from: phinix on Mon, 09 August 2021, 15:50:44 ---OK, so maybe I don't have asthma. But I do have problems breathing in it, almost suffocate, gets sweaty and my head heat up, at least it feels like it.
I remember I had a peak flow test once and it was very low, nurse asked me if I was diagnosed asthma cause results were really bad.
Maybe its something else, nevermind - thing is I can't comfortably breath with mask.

--- End quote ---
There's a big difference between the cheap blue masks and the heavy cloth ones, the cloth ones are by far the worst to breath in, I found it takes a while to adapt to them but you usually can.

Point is, try different masks.
Try an N95, those can actually be cooler, more comfortable and protect you better than almost anything else.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version