Author Topic: Aluminum VS Brass plate sound tests!!  (Read 2824 times)

Offline c.a.t.

• All about Keyboards sound...
    • Click and Thock
Aluminum VS Brass plate sound tests!!
« on: Mon, 20 September 2021, 20:59:15 »

Check my new video: Aluminum VS Brass plate sound tests!!
JS - aka Click and Thock

Offline Chalkboard

Re: Aluminum VS Brass plate sound tests!!
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 23 September 2021, 10:24:55 »
Thanks for posting :). I like your videos. I think I ordered an FK-2001 from the same batch as you on eBay. More videos on keyboard things other than just MX switch stuff is always appreciated :).

As for this video, for me, I didn't notice an appreciable different between plates (there may be a subtle difference, but not enough for me to care). Although, maybe it's more noticeable in person. Definitely more of a difference in keycaps (and switches, obviously).

Offline c.a.t.

• All about Keyboards sound...
    • Click and Thock
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 23 September 2021, 19:43:56 »
Hey thanks, it's very appreciated!! :) I have many other keyboards sound tests on the way! ;) How do you like the Focus? For me, the cheap construction made it hard to use as daily keyboard, but the switches are very pleasant to type on! :)
JS - aka Click and Thock

Offline killyou

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 26 September 2021, 03:08:07 »
Ahhhh SA. Love the sound, hate the profile.

Offline Chalkboard

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 27 September 2021, 16:35:10 »
Hey thanks, it's very appreciated!! :) I have many other keyboards sound tests on the way! ;) How do you like the Focus? For me, the cheap construction made it hard to use as daily keyboard, but the switches are very pleasant to type on! :)

I really like the way the keyboard feels. The alps.tw Type T1 switches feel very nice (can't beat that new switch feel) and have a nice light weighting at 60gf relative to some genuine ALPS switches. They also don't sound that bad either. Not quite as nice as genuine complicated ALPS white switches, but still pretty respectable.

The build quality does leave a lot to be desired, although I do not plan to use it as my daily keyboard. That is reserved for my black AT101W. Although, I have an Ortek MCK-142 Pro coming soon, which might claim the daily driver title since I'm always looking for more macro keys :).
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 September 2021, 16:40:07 by Chalkboard »

Offline vutid

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 02 February 2022, 17:08:11 »
alu all the way
GMK Rave

Offline teddo

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 05 February 2022, 10:33:24 »
Your board sounds amazing :thumb:

Offline hongoo

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 05 March 2022, 04:59:43 »
Thanks for posting. it's very appreciated! I can hardly tell any difference in terms of sound in the video, but the brass one does feels a little more steady. Is it?