geekhack Community > Keyboards

Keyboards for sale

<< < (2/5) > >>

xsphat:
It has white Alps sliders - clicky and mechanical sounding, loud and tactile. I think they are best Alps switches since they don't have rubber bumpers on the bottom of them. It's a nice keyboard, I still pull it out sometimes for some clicky goodness. Search eBay and you will find a seller with around a hundred of them for $10 a pop. This is where I bought mine.

If memory serves, the Apple keyboards didn't use clicky sliders, so this keyboard would most likely feel a little crisper and snappier and would most defiantly be louder.

Astra Diesel:
So, about your brown cherry filco....

I recently got a white alps keyboard, and I've replaced my model f with my white alps as my daily keyboard since white alps really boosted my WPM.

Is the brown cherry switches really tactile, does it offer VERY LITTLE resistance to pressing the keys? You see, I got sick of buckling spring because I needed to apply more force to activate a key. The white alps alleviated this problem, but if brown cherries require even less force, I'm all game for it. What's your experience with the browns? I'm kind of edging towards the blues, but if the scorpius M10 and the Das keyboard are the only boards with blue cherries, I think the browns are the way to go.

xsphat:
The browns have the lightest touch I've felt. They literally take a flick of the fingers to actuate. They are quick and responsive. I think you might want to look into the browns, but then again you can get 3 M10s or 2 Das IIs for what I got my Filco for, and the price went up since then. I still say the Filco is worth every cent I paid, so is the HHKB Pro 2 which has the best form factor ever.

Bluemercury:
You're selling all of those, what happened?anyway i was searching for an alps switch keyboard, but i dont know which color has the best clicky feel and sound.....

xsphat:
The only Alps switch that are clicky that I know of are the white ones, and I can't real;ly help you there - mine's not for sale.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version