Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 1423882 times)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #600 on: Sun, 23 March 2014, 03:12:01 »
I drove for ~16 hours today.   :-\

Offline iri

« Reply #601 on: Sun, 23 March 2014, 04:08:24 »
so now you are in georgia?
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline eddie

• ¥¥¥¥
« Reply #602 on: Sun, 23 March 2014, 08:56:43 »
I woke up to the upsetting fact that I missed getting donuts and laid in bed till 4 pm so I cooked myself an artichoke so I've stayed up all night and in a few hours I'll go get donuts.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #603 on: Sun, 23 March 2014, 10:33:36 »
Just desoldered 112 switches for the first time. Gotta say, not the most exciting thing I've done
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #604 on: Sun, 23 March 2014, 11:43:58 »
Just desoldered 112 switches for the first time. Gotta say, not the most exciting thing I've done

Unless they're ones where the solder refuses to get sucked out, I generally find it oddly relaxing.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #605 on: Sun, 23 March 2014, 11:50:50 »

Unless they're ones where the solder refuses to get sucked out, I generally find it oddly relaxing.
Try doing it without a sucker  :p
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline chibishin

• sittin around all day listening to classical music
« Reply #606 on: Sun, 23 March 2014, 12:50:57 »
watched some always sunny and simpsons s12 while I pulled keycaps and put on my new green and orange topres. I find twist-ties from bags of bread work the best for pulling keys; way better than the crummy key puller that came with my realforce, and cheaper than the one EK sells.

tonight I'm doing network maintenance.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #607 on: Sun, 23 March 2014, 13:15:21 »
so now you are in georgia?

No silly, now I am home.

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #608 on: Sun, 23 March 2014, 13:20:19 »
Desoldered all the switches on a 8113 that somebody spilled coffee on...somehow it was only on the inside of the case :confused: and the switches were clean ;D

Offline iri

(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #610 on: Sun, 23 March 2014, 16:27:51 »
I had another weekend where I hardly sat down but don't feel as if I've achieved much.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #611 on: Sun, 23 March 2014, 18:11:47 »
Desoldered some vintage black switches.

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #612 on: Sun, 23 March 2014, 18:49:19 »
I had another weekend where I hardly sat down but don't feel as if I've achieved much.
My every weekend.
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #613 on: Sun, 23 March 2014, 21:27:52 »
Im on hour 14 of work. Couple more to go then i get to go home
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #614 on: Sun, 23 March 2014, 21:31:10 »
Im on hour 14 of work. Couple more to go then i get to go home

Time and a half wat wat!
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline funkymeeba

• CRUMPULAR
  • WEST SHINJUKU PLANTING TUNE
« Reply #615 on: Sun, 23 March 2014, 21:37:53 »
Decided to try a tiling window manager (i3), customized it to my liking, took a 4-mile walk, and then played some Pop'n Music. Not a bad day, I'd say. :D
17:15 < vun> these are the healthiest crisps I've ever come across
17:16 < vun> mostly because I can't get the bag open

meebcats - my bad music

Offline iri

« Reply #616 on: Mon, 24 March 2014, 02:05:20 »
Decided to try a tiling window manager (i3)
y u no use xmonad

-Ray Bradbury

Offline iri

« Reply #617 on: Mon, 24 March 2014, 16:09:59 »
have seen a gay tajik for the first time. mind=blown.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #618 on: Mon, 24 March 2014, 19:58:03 »
Lotsa reading on MH370.
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #619 on: Mon, 24 March 2014, 20:15:15 »
Bought another keyboard

gonna have to do spring cleaning soon....

Offline 1pq

• Hipster Doofus
« Reply #620 on: Mon, 24 March 2014, 20:37:47 »
Bought another keyboard

What sort of keyboard did you get?
main kbs:  87UB (55g)  Custom Filco TKL (62g clears)

WTS JD40, Custom Ergoclear Filco

WTB ROHS Red BBv2 (Topre), OG EK Tri-Color Skull (TOPRE)

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #621 on: Mon, 24 March 2014, 20:39:10 »
Bought another keyboard

kc84 blacks $51 shipped

plus two g81-8000s are in the mail (fck UPS ground)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #622 on: Mon, 24 March 2014, 21:27:56 »
Bought another keyboard

kc84 blacks $51 shipped

plus two g81-8000s are in the mail (fck UPS ground)

did you get the kc84 from BG? I paid way too much for mine with clears :(

Offline Nixietube

« Reply #623 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 13:36:00 »
i sat at work and thought about stuff.... i wrote some of it down

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #624 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 15:06:41 »
Started my 2.5k words literature review. Dreading it. T_______T
Up side is if I get it done soon, I'll have a week to slack off before Easter comes ! :D
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline iri

« Reply #625 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 15:23:30 »
lost all my github keys #firstworldproblems

-Ray Bradbury

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #626 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 15:26:38 »
lost all my github keys #firstworldproblems

Put keys on USB drive. Put USB drive in locked place. Very useful for times like this.

Offline iri

« Reply #627 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 15:38:51 »
i did exactly the same, just with 1tb drive (where i keep copies of files and copies of copies of files). so now i found the keys and everything is fine. not a big deal anyways. ssh keys can be easily generated and added to a github account again. and in case a github user thinks someone gained access to their key, they can remove the key from their account.
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 March 2014, 15:52:55 by iri »

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #628 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 15:58:24 »
Finally did taxes lol.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #629 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 16:01:19 »
Just got done with physical therapy. I'm all taped up and feeling a little weird after having a guy rubbing, pulling and tugging me around. But if it gets my neck and arm feeling better I'm ok with it. He said I have very poor posture and I need to sit up straighter. Maybe its time for an ergo keyboard to :D

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #630 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 16:02:39 »
Finally did taxes lol.

Dude. I love doing taxes. I'm single, have one source of income, and it takes like 30 minutes. And then the government gives me money!

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #631 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 16:10:42 »
Finally did taxes lol.

Dude. I love doing taxes. I'm single, have one source of income, and it takes like 30 minutes. And then the government gives me money!
After switching to full-time and moving states, I thought it would be really complicated but it actually wasn't. :D Hooray money!

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #632 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 16:30:11 »
Gives?

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #633 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 16:32:46 »
Handwrote a bunch of programs

Offline iri

« Reply #634 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 17:08:18 »
Finally did taxes lol.

and i love not doing taxes. all hail flat rates!

-Ray Bradbury

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #635 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 23:02:18 »
swapped the various parts of my laptop display except the camera and lcd itself, all new hinges, lid, frame, plastics etc., also swapped in a new fan and heatsink

Offline compgeke

« Reply #636 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 23:49:18 »
I cleaned the yard and organized the junk outside. Also had to blow all the stupid leaves into a pile then shovel them into the bin.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #637 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 00:20:42 »
Finally did taxes lol.

The best option would be to get rid of income tax all together and to to a flat national sales tax.  Benefits would include the filthy rich paying an equal (percentage based on stuff bought), all the illegal aliens would be paying taxes the same as the rest of us, and no need to file an income tax return unless you run your own business. 

Anyway, back on topic.  Worked on my 9 switch matrix test single wait h PCB using both amps and MX switches.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline iri

« Reply #638 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 01:54:11 »
Finally did taxes lol.

The best option would be to get rid of income tax all together and to to a flat national sales tax.  Benefits would include the filthy rich paying an equal (percentage based on stuff bought), all the illegal aliens would be paying taxes the same as the rest of us, and no need to file an income tax return unless you run your own business. 
yeah, almost like in russia.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline iri

« Reply #639 on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 15:45:25 »
brought my shiny pinarello to saint petersburg. so he can see all those palaces and lions and griffons and such.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #640 on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 19:07:31 »

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #641 on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 19:08:49 »
I did **** all as usual
I love Elzy

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #642 on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 19:10:38 »
I did **** all as usual

Keep ****ing all and youll catch something

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #643 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 04:07:07 »

Offline iri

« Reply #644 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 07:30:23 »
acquired this.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #645 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 14:00:02 »
Shoveled snow off the stairs and balcony from that stupid late March snow storm.
In memory of smallfry 1996-2013
Boards I own, click ->
More
Ducky x2 (9008G2 Pro PBT/MX Green and Mini MX Red), Matias x2 (QP and Mini QP Dampened ALPS), Topre RealForce x4 (87U 55g/Digilog case, 103U-UW & 104UG High-Profile x2), Filco Majestouch x2 (TKL MX Blue & V2 AI 104 MX Blue), IBM-M x2 (BS & RD), Unicomp-M x5 (BS black on black x2, BS Ivory x2, QT Ultra-Classic), Deck x4 (Legend MX Black & MX Clear, Hassium & Francium w/ MX Brown), DAS III (MX Blue), KBT Pure Pro 60% (MX Red), NMB-RT8256CW+ x2 (black space invader), XArmor U9BL-S (MX Brown) given for free to someone I hate, CM X2 (Trigger/MX Green + Storm TKL/NovaTouch), TVS GOLD (MX Blue) and a many many more (NMB, DELL, MS, ATT, KeyTronic, Etc...)

Offline mauri

« Reply #646 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 15:00:31 »
Gives?

Because he over paid

Isn't that "returning"?

with 0 interest ._. I think it's spelled "bull****ting"
I AM BABAR KING OF THE ELEPHANTS

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #647 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 15:11:31 »
I didn't work on my thesis paper that's due on Wed.  :-X

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #648 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 15:19:49 »
im eating a domino's chicken alfredo bread bowl

that's all i've done today, and it's 1:20pm.

Gives?

Because he over paid

Isn't that "returning"?

yup, normal people call it a tax return. that's just a way riot likes to lie to himself that the government helped him out :P

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #649 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 15:24:46 »
Procrastinated from schoolwork most of the day, as per usual.
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy