Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 1423982 times)

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #800 on: Thu, 17 April 2014, 21:14:03 »
Check out popcorn time, bro.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #801 on: Thu, 17 April 2014, 21:25:27 »
Just saw Enabler at a basement show in Kentucky. **** was wild

Aww man! Thats so awesome! Jealous XP, i have never managed to catch those dudes when they were around NJ, i need to quit my job and panhandle show money every night to expand my gig goings!

I've seen Enabler twice now? Once at their hometown venue in Dayton and once at this basement show. They put on a damn good show :D

And yes yes, we'll quit our jobs and we'll run a show house :P

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #802 on: Thu, 17 April 2014, 23:22:12 »
I went to the doctor with breathing problems. Then I went to the hospital. And I'm still in the hospital, most likely will be for the next two days.

At least I'm prepared with my laptop and Poker II.  :thumb:

Pissed they blocked Netflix though. I mean comon, I would have loved watching House at the hospitol...

Yikes!  Hope you recover soon!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline belac

« Reply #803 on: Fri, 18 April 2014, 00:09:28 »
I started my day handling the fallout of a dns outage that completely shut down one of my clients for about 18 hours yesterday. This is the second time it has happened in the past three months, so I was told to set him up somewhere else as he handed me his credit card and left my office. He didnt seem happy. But more importantly,  today I got the call from Target that they had an S5 in for me. 15 minutes later it was in my hands. Pretty excited since my old phone was failing. I've been a long time hater of Samsung's UI but wanted the S5 for the increased availability of accessories and the water resistant features since I spend a lot of time on the water. So far I like it though and I'm letting go of the hate.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #804 on: Fri, 18 April 2014, 03:52:25 »
Yesterday, I finished a Kinesis Advantage review (20 kB of text O.o), slept for barely five hours, then felt dumb at database-systems classes, got the review released, sold the kinesis, went to an unexpected lecture on metaprogramming and picked up a ton of stuff at the post office... only to come home and fall asleep in the bath. Now I only hope I won't get a cold.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #805 on: Fri, 18 April 2014, 08:28:27 »
Every Easter I get confused. I don't celebrate it and I always forget it's a bigger holiday than I realize. Today I walked into work and was like....why is no one here?? I just realized why.

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #806 on: Fri, 18 April 2014, 08:40:50 »
Got a filco camo and Pilot calligraphy pen
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline Toad1677

« Reply #807 on: Fri, 18 April 2014, 09:42:38 »
Got a Day Off from work :p Will be going to WonderCon today :thumb:
QFR MX Blue, Blackbird MX Blue, KBP V60 MX Green, KUL ES-87 MX Green, Pok3r Mx Clear

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #808 on: Fri, 18 April 2014, 10:52:42 »
Went to school on Friday on an account of snow days using up all our breaks. We had 50 kids skip in a high school of about 200 people
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline iri

« Reply #809 on: Fri, 18 April 2014, 11:14:39 »
north america sucks! i'm on the 60th parallel in yurop and it's +15 here! woohoo!
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #810 on: Fri, 18 April 2014, 11:36:41 »
Did a little bit of soldering and now I feel sick... flux?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #811 on: Fri, 18 April 2014, 11:37:24 »
I've been inside for 6 days straight. Playing D3 and generally chilling out.

I've had a productive April break.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #812 on: Sat, 19 April 2014, 20:02:27 »
Watched winter solider today. 3D makes my tiny brain hurt.

Offline iri

« Reply #813 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 14:43:08 »
grabbed random unfiltered live beer from a shelf in a liquor store. turned out to be very nice. strangely it was made in a city 970km far from here.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #814 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 00:56:47 »
Finished up my test bed for the v2.0 single switch PCB's.  Just need to test the LED function now.  I think for that I am just going to jumper wires from my HDD activity LED to a switch.  That way I don't need to mess with SMD resistors.  Still debating on that.  Probably should if I am going to be doing a group buy though
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #815 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 13:38:30 »
Went on the movie streamer and watched some movies.  :rolleyes:

Just finished "28 Days Later"
« Last Edit: Tue, 22 April 2014, 14:34:04 by paicrai »
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #816 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 13:50:46 »
Spent half a day sleeping and the other half trying to desolder some through-hole diodes, it truly was a PITA.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #817 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 16:51:17 »

Are you referring to the GH Movie Night Livestream account??     ;)

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #818 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 17:02:35 »

Yep :D
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #819 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 17:17:10 »

Yeah!  Awesome.  :)  Glad to hear you're getting some use out of it.  Now you'll just need to join us when we stream live!

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #820 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 17:55:50 »

Yeah!  Awesome.  :)  Glad to hear you're getting some use out of it.  Now you'll just need to join us when we stream live!
I'd love to, but then I realized timezones happen.  :'( *mumble grumble angry noises*
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #821 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 19:31:24 »
Tomorrow is my last day of classes ever, only 8 years behind the rest of the world. I'm scared  :-X

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #822 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 19:38:42 »
I started work on my custom keyboard layout. Spent most of today determining what keys are the easiest to press with as little hand motion as possible. I created a base version, and now I need to start eliminating single finger digraphs.
EDIT: Here are the rows in there base form. This is designd specifically for 40% boards like the JD40. Still need a ton of work, but whatever. (The * is Enter)
JWUPVBYCMK
 SIAELDTON
  ZQRG*FHX
« Last Edit: Tue, 22 April 2014, 19:53:17 by Vibex »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #823 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 19:46:51 »
Tomorrow is my last day of classes ever, only 8 years behind the rest of the world. I'm scared  :-X

CONGRATS!!  I've still got a few more weeks of classes.  :(

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #824 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 21:23:06 »
I received a junk Apple Extended Keyboard with orange Alps from ebay, stripped it for key caps and switches, and cleaned them thoroughly. Then I very lightly lubricated the switches with Krytox.

I installed them in a Ducky 1087XM chassis (there are also 3 blue Alps in special places but not the keys I use most, because I don't want the noise) and populated it with a mixture of key caps from the original Ducky (only where the odd stabilizers demanded it), the Apple's great (but goofy-looking) heavy PBTs, and the bottom row (except spacebar) and function row from a Dell AT101W.

This thing is f_cking awesome!

When I no longer need a numpad this will be a great little toy keyboard, and it is both quiet and portable!

Now, if I can realistically modify the stabilizer clips on the long keys (the Ducky wires are much thicker than traditional Alps wires) it will be really sweet.
« Last Edit: Wed, 23 April 2014, 20:55:59 by fohat.digs »
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline iri

« Reply #825 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 05:03:43 »
^ posts like this remember me of that if i start to buy vintage boards it's all downhill from there

-Ray Bradbury

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #826 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 13:26:34 »
Done with school forever.
For the rest of today's agenda:
1. take nap
2. eat food
3. get ****faced

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #827 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 13:31:44 »
I can tell you what I didn't do

sleep

so tired but can't fall asleep
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #828 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 13:38:09 »
1. take nap
2. eat food
3. get ****faced

:thumb:
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #829 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 13:56:47 »
1. take nap
2. eat food
3. get ****faced

This is a fairly normal day for me.

CONGRATS, GRAD!!  What are you gonna do now?

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #830 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 14:08:07 »

sleep

I know those feels...
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #831 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 14:08:55 »

sleep

I know those feels...

It's worse because it came out of nowhere

suddenly I've been awake for like 4 days

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #832 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 14:16:29 »
1. take nap
2. eat food
3. get ****faced
CONGRATERLERSHERNS!!!  :-*

sleep

my holidays just finished, first day of school today
couldn't sleep for **** until 4 am, and then only barely because it's hot  :'(
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #833 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 12:25:24 »
Watched another movie on the Streamer thing  :rolleyes:
I love this thing  ^-^
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #834 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 15:19:06 »
Watched this show...
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #835 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 15:21:40 »
Watched this show...
Show Image

Spot on.
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #836 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 15:22:19 »
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline iri

« Reply #838 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 04:58:54 »
hadn't enough sleep. not sure if it has to do with me drinking for 6 nights in a row.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Belfong

« Reply #839 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 05:46:55 »
I'm going to bed early today. This week has been a wild roller coaster ride due to the 420 sales!! What a great great experience!! It's much more hyper than Toxic Group Buy was.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #840 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 05:47:27 »
I'm going to bed early today. This week has been a wild roller coaster ride due to the 420 sales!! What a great great experience!! It's much more hyper than Toxic Group Buy was.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #841 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 20:17:40 »
Today I'm in a panel speaking to a group of academician and think tanks. Lots of butterflies in the stomach now and it's Saturday!!

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #842 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 20:44:30 »
Stripped 8 boards so far for caps. Takes around 20 minutes a board and my fingers hurt like hell.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #843 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 21:16:48 »
good things happen that are subsequently nullified by bad things
such is life
there is no happiness, there is no constant
only the balancing of karma

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #844 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 21:46:28 »
won 20 bucks on a lotto scratcher and a free ticket.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #845 on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 02:39:08 »
Dark Souls II

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #846 on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 04:26:51 »
Stripped 8 boards so far for caps. Takes around 20 minutes a board and my fingers hurt like hell.

Bahahahaha.

I harvested caps with Flynn last year, and we each worked through a good thirty some boards.

Offline Beca

• what am i doing with my life
« Reply #847 on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 04:28:40 »
played cards against humanity for 3 hours. good fun.

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #848 on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 05:59:28 »
Made a VERY ghetto keycap puller. Didn't really make it, it's just two forks. Not even tied together, just two forks.
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #849 on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 12:12:34 »
Slaughtered a sheep.