Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 1423860 times)

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #3800 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 10:09:36 »
I have been doing crepes with my girlfriend yesterday. French cheese (Comté), goat cheese, greek cheese (feta), some italian pastrami and some french ham. Damn that was nice! We ate the rest of the crepes this morning with some mushed bananas and hot melted chocolate. Yummy!

I'm really jealous.  I love crepes.  :D  Yours sound delicious with all those cheeses.   ^-^

I'm pretty much the French cliché. I love cheese so much that I eat some on breakfast, noone and for the dinner too. I'd like to put some everywhere I could but I need to decrease my consumption. It is not healthy to eat that much of it.

I'd like to make you some but it wouldn't be as good once you'll receive it  :)) .

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #3801 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 10:24:18 »

I have been doing crepes with my girlfriend yesterday. French cheese (Comté), goat cheese, greek cheese (feta), some italian pastrami and some french ham. Damn that was nice! We ate the rest of the crepes this morning with some mushed bananas and hot melted chocolate. Yummy!

I'm really jealous.  I love crepes.  :D  Yours sound delicious with all those cheeses.   ^-^

I'm pretty much the French cliché. I love cheese so much that I eat some on breakfast, noone and for the dinner too. I'd like to put some everywhere I could but I need to decrease my consumption. It is not healthy to eat that much of it.

I'd like to make you some but it wouldn't be as good once you'll receive it  :)) .

Visited Paris last summer; my wife and I love it...especially the cuisine. I wish there were cafes here where I can just stand and have a croissant and espresso on my way to work every morning!
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3802 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 10:38:28 »

Visited Paris last summer; my wife and I love it...especially the cuisine. I wish there were cafes here where I can just stand and have a croissant and espresso on my way to work every morning!

Yeah cafes are really into the french culture and it is not something that you find a lot elsewhere (AFAIK). Pretty much like the pub in UK. French bars don't have the same cosy/welcoming, social atmosphere
that pubs have.

Don't eat croissants that often you'll get fat quick otherwise :D. French pastries are really nice but quite rich thus one sometimes is always nice have.

What did you think about the Parisians?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3803 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 10:44:32 »

Haha, I also quite like cheese.  ;)   :cool:  Now I'm really craving some....   :rolleyes:

That would be awesome!  But I'm sure it wouldn't taste quite as good after the multiple day trip across the Atlantic!  :))   

Offline danwomansan

• Also known by my real name, ********!
« Reply #3804 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 13:01:01 »
I have been doing crepes with my girlfriend yesterday. French cheese (Comt�), goat cheese, greek cheese (feta), some italian pastrami and some french ham. Damn that was nice! We ate the rest of the crepes this morning with some mushed bananas and hot melted chocolate. Yummy!

I'm pretty much the French clich�. I love cheese so much that I eat some on breakfast, noone and for the dinner too. I'd like to put some everywhere I could but I need to decrease my consumption. It is not healthy to eat that much of it.

Cheese is good, I think you are just doing a fine job being a real human bean. If I had it my way, cheese would be my diet. That and various sorts of bread with soft insides and rough crusts, I love those. But that is no healthy way to live.
it's pronounced "danw omansen", not "dan woman san"

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3805 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 13:17:48 »

Haha, I also quite like cheese.  ;)   :cool:  Now I'm really craving some....   :rolleyes:

That would be awesome!  But I'm sure it wouldn't taste quite as good after the multiple day trip across the Atlantic!  :))
Actually I'll see if I have the opportunity to put some cheese vacuum packed. I'll make an experiment to see how long it last. If the experiment is successful. You may receive some packages full of tasty joy!
I have been doing crepes with my girlfriend yesterday. French cheese (Comt�), goat cheese, greek cheese (feta), some italian pastrami and some french ham. Damn that was nice! We ate the rest of the crepes this morning with some mushed bananas and hot melted chocolate. Yummy!

I'm pretty much the French clich�. I love cheese so much that I eat some on breakfast, noone and for the dinner too. I'd like to put some everywhere I could but I need to decrease my consumption. It is not healthy to eat that much of it.

Cheese is good, I think you are just doing a fine job being a real human bean. If I had it my way, cheese would be my diet. That and various sorts of bread with soft insides and rough crusts, I love those. But that is no healthy way to live.
Oh yeah man, so do I. I'm part of a local association that put you in relation with local farmers. One of them do fully organic bread whose flour has been crushed using a mill like in old time. He uses many different type of flour, some with nuts or fruits. At the end you get a 2 pounds bread with a crusty crust and a soft inside which smells so nice. I let you imagine how wonderful it tastes. Plain or with some salty butter ... Just so good.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #3806 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 13:19:17 »
I'm part of a local association that put you in relation with local farmers. One of them do fully organic bread whose flour has been crushed using a mill like in old time. He uses many different type of flour, some with nuts or fruits. At the end you get a 2 pounds bread with a crusty crust and a soft inside which smells so nice. I let you imagine how wonderful it tastes. Plain or with some salty butter ... Just so good.

I'm moving to Lyon. Going to get hired by our French counterparts and live the good life like you are @.@.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #3807 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 13:19:52 »

Yeah cafes are really into the french culture and it is not something that you find a lot elsewhere (AFAIK). Pretty much like the pub in UK. French bars don't have the same cosy/welcoming, social atmosphere
that pubs have.

Don't eat croissants that often you'll get fat quick otherwise :D. French pastries are really nice but quite rich thus one sometimes is always nice have.

I like how they walk fast and are pretty much all business to folks they don't know.   But they seem to deeply engage in relationship with their loved ones, art, food, and culture. Cool.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline danwomansan

« Reply #3808 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 13:34:26 »
Oh yeah man, so do I. I'm part of a local association that put you in relation with local farmers. One of them do fully organic bread whose flour has been crushed using a mill like in old time. He uses many different type of flour, some with nuts or fruits. At the end you get a 2 pounds bread with a crusty crust and a soft inside which smells so nice. I let you imagine how wonderful it tastes. Plain or with some salty butter ... Just so good.

oh my, I mean we have a few markets here but most of the bread is the weird-crusted north american kind that is too popular here, I really wish I could have some good bread like that once in a while... only way to get it here, though, is either to make it yourself of go to the nearby food-store-place, which has a bakery and butcher inside it, and I don't really like their bread much. Almost always stale by the time you go to buy it, too...

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3809 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 13:37:17 »
Actually I'll see if I have the opportunity to put some cheese vacuum packed. I'll make an experiment to see how long it last. If the experiment is successful. You may receive some packages full of tasty joy!

:eek:  That would be amazing!!   :-* :-* :-*

So cruel...  @.@

:p

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #3810 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 15:47:25 »
spent all day entering invoices into the work database... mind numbing... but managing to end the day on a high ^^

Offline iri

« Reply #3811 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 15:56:10 »
I know why the French failed to conquer us in 1812. Because their coffee and croissants isn't wholesome enough for a breakfast!
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #3812 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 16:31:36 »
Got my new DS with a capture card. So pumped to start recording more GBA speedruns.
EDIT:Thought this was the mail thread, but hey whatever. :p
« Last Edit: Fri, 30 January 2015, 16:45:30 by Vibex »

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3813 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 17:28:39 »
I'm part of a local association that put you in relation with local farmers. One of them do fully organic bread whose flour has been crushed using a mill like in old time. He uses many different type of flour, some with nuts or fruits. At the end you get a 2 pounds bread with a crusty crust and a soft inside which smells so nice. I let you imagine how wonderful it tastes. Plain or with some salty butter ... Just so good.

I'm moving to Lyon. Going to get hired by our French counterparts and live the good life like you are @.@.

Haha that'd be fun. I'm starting my own company so maybe in a while we will be recruiting ... I put that here with no interest at all of course.

that pubs have.

I like how they walk fast and are pretty much all business to folks they don't know.   But they seem to deeply engage in relationship with their loved ones, art, food, and culture. Cool.

That's one way to see it. I thought people had a worse point of view on Parisians.

oh my, I mean we have a few markets here but most of the bread is the weird-crusted north american kind that is too popular here, I really wish I could have some good bread like that once in a while... only way to get it here, though, is either to make it yourself of go to the nearby food-store-place, which has a bakery and butcher inside it, and I don't really like their bread much. Almost always stale by the time you go to buy it, too...

Yeah I feel you. I've been to the US, UK and even if I went to organic shop which made their own bread the crust was always soft. I don't know if it is due to the bacteria they use for the bread.

If the experiment that I want to run with Hoff works, I may try to do the same with some bread of my local farmer. You'd have your own packages of tasty joy .

:eek:  That would be amazing!!   :-* :-* :-*

So cruel...  @.@

The only thing I am afraid of is your Customs. AFAIK you cannot import cheese made with raw milk in USA. That's why you only find cheddar-like cheese. That'd be a pity that your package end up in a bin .

I didn't think it was cruel. It would have been the same if I said that it was awesome because he can only trust me so far.
« Last Edit: Fri, 30 January 2015, 17:33:07 by Ngt »

Offline danwomansan

« Reply #3814 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 17:35:32 »
Well, really, the bakery at the local store gets it sort of close, but they rush to make lots of bread every day and they focus a bit more on english and american breads, to make them not taste repulsive (and, admittedly, they do a good job at that), but bread is always stale when you buy it there. Honestly I think I could make it myself and do a better job and I've only made soft-innard crumbly-crust bread before, the kind more common in english regions of canada. Also good with butter but still not the best I've had by far.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3815 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 17:38:24 »
I know why the French failed to conquer us in 1812. Because their coffee and croissants isn't wholesome enough for a breakfast!
Yeah that's right. It isn't the best breakfast. I don't eat that for breakfast ^^.

Offline danwomansan

« Reply #3816 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 17:43:06 »
a wholesome breakfast is cheese, croissants, and coffee! never forget the cheese!

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3817 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 18:27:26 »
a wholesome breakfast is cheese, croissants, and coffee! never forget the cheese!
A friend of mine who's a cuisine chef in Barcelona cooked my girlfriend and I a few days old croissant. It cut the croissant in half, put some Spanish cheese in between the two parts. Added some stuff to it. Put it in the hoven and then enjoy. It seems quite simple like this but it was so good. I was quite surprise!
« Last Edit: Fri, 30 January 2015, 18:34:47 by Ngt »

Offline danwomansan

« Reply #3818 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 18:29:36 »
That sounds really delicious, I really want one now!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3819 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 21:27:14 »
Today I missed three Radenlac sales and a Clack giveaway.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #3820 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 21:30:03 »

If only I had a yellow CC to send you

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3821 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 22:55:32 »

If only I had a yellow CC to send you

That is a very kind thought :D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline danwomansan

« Reply #3822 on: Sat, 31 January 2015, 02:50:42 »
I got a craving for cheese and bread

I went to the store and bought a long bread, some soft cheese, and wine. I am drinking the wine right now. It is a sort of wine I haven't tried before. It's okay-ish.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3823 on: Sat, 31 January 2015, 03:07:46 »

I went to the store and bought a long bread, some soft cheese, and wine. I am drinking the wine right now. It is a sort of wine I haven't tried before. It's okay-ish.

:)) I wonder where the craving came from.  :P

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #3824 on: Sat, 31 January 2015, 03:35:40 »
I've just seen that one of my co-workers has put "Untermensch" as his public status message on Lync at work.

Not only has he put something that is closely associated with the Nazis that they used to describe non-aryans, but he's spelt it wrong. He's put "Unteremensch".

What a ****ing idiot.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #3825 on: Sat, 31 January 2015, 03:41:38 »
I've just seen that one of my co-workers has put "Untermensch" as his public status message on Lync at work.

Not only has he put something that is closely associated with the Nazis that they used to describe non-aryans, but he's spelt it wrong. He's put "Unteremensch".

What a ****ing idiot.

Hahahahahaha

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3826 on: Sat, 31 January 2015, 03:47:55 »

What a ****ing idiot.

Do you know what he meant to say?

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #3827 on: Sat, 31 January 2015, 03:59:38 »

What a ****ing idiot.

Do you know what he meant to say?

Knowing him, he probably meant it in the way it was used by the Nazis. Because he's a ****ing idiot. However I don't know if he's doing it to describe himself because he's a bit of a weirdo, or if he's directing it towards someone else. I have no idea.

But it's still inappropriate for the workplace regardless.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3828 on: Sat, 31 January 2015, 05:34:40 »

:)) I wonder where the craving came from. 
Haha I wonder too .

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #3829 on: Sat, 31 January 2015, 05:40:23 »
Got my new DS with a capture card. So pumped to start recording more GBA speedruns.
EDIT:Thought this was the mail thread, but hey whatever. :p
Oh what do you speedrun? :D
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline danwomansan

« Reply #3830 on: Sat, 31 January 2015, 12:43:04 »
found out that the long bread I bought last night is stale to the point of just being gross, not quite the kill a man level yet.

Offline slip84

• GUYDUDE MAGICIAN
« Reply #3831 on: Sat, 31 January 2015, 12:50:36 »
Packing.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #3832 on: Sat, 31 January 2015, 12:57:42 »

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #3833 on: Sat, 31 January 2015, 14:56:05 »
Bought some stuff to make a new keyboard tray for my desk that my AT will be rescessed and mounted into without the case.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #3834 on: Sat, 31 January 2015, 17:29:38 »
Went to the Makerspace. Made these and some other stickers. I've got about 30 that I can give out.

Shoutouts to Booper for helping me out on this!
« Last Edit: Sat, 31 January 2015, 17:31:10 by CPTBadAss »

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3835 on: Sat, 31 January 2015, 17:32:24 »
found out that the long bread I bought last night is stale to the point of just being gross, not quite the kill a man level yet.

I'm sorry I gave you so much envy about the bread. ^^

Have you tried to make one of your own?

Offline danwomansan

« Reply #3836 on: Sat, 31 January 2015, 17:33:40 »
no I haven't, not really the easiest thing, making bread.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3837 on: Sat, 31 January 2015, 17:38:04 »
no I haven't, not really the easiest thing, making bread.

In Europe I know you can find bread hoven for amateur. Something like that. You just have to cook the mix for the bread and the machine does everything else. I don't know if you can find it in the USA. It is not the same as a real bread made by a french baker but it is a good start.

Offline slip84

• GUYDUDE MAGICIAN
« Reply #3838 on: Sat, 31 January 2015, 17:39:29 »

Packing.

Whyyyyy
Canada was too cold. Moving to the sun.

Actually, the place we are (for another 15ish hours) isn't ideal for either of us, so we're moving nearer work and stuff downtown. I knew I was going to be moving again, so I only unpacked my computer stuff and some clothing. My stuff has all stayed packed. It's her stuff we're packing. And there is soooooooooooo much of it.

THEN I WILL NEVER MOVE AGAIN.

Offline danwomansan

« Reply #3839 on: Sat, 31 January 2015, 18:21:00 »
Oh yeah, we have one of those but it I have no idea how to use it :/

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3840 on: Sat, 31 January 2015, 18:21:56 »
Oh yeah, we have one of those but it I have no idea how to use it :/

My parents have one and I don't think it is that complicated to use but I've never used it myself.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #3841 on: Sat, 31 January 2015, 19:42:28 »
baking bread is easy

so i just bake my own bread

speaking of which i should bake a bread this week
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3842 on: Sat, 31 January 2015, 19:58:18 »
Finished modding my 23U.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #3843 on: Sat, 31 January 2015, 20:05:10 »
Finished modding my 23U.

You did soft landing pads right? How'd that go?
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3844 on: Sat, 31 January 2015, 20:10:35 »
Finished modding my 23U.

Yep, ironed soft landing pads, thick krytox lube and 55g domes. Very quiet and smooth.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #3845 on: Sat, 31 January 2015, 20:17:04 »
Ordered gaterons (for the second time...thanks engtaobao for ****ing that order up and not getting me the clears), got the muffler on my car repaired, and ordered some cherry clears to replace the gateron internals.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3846 on: Sat, 31 January 2015, 20:31:41 »
Finished modding my 23U.

Yep, ironed soft landing pads, thick krytox lube and 55g domes. Very quiet and smooth.
Did the pads impacted tactilness or key travel? I believe they don't but some people told me they do.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3847 on: Sat, 31 January 2015, 20:35:34 »
Finished modding my 23U.

Did the pads impacted tactilness or key travel? I believe they don't but some people told me they do.

Ironing them flat helps them not interfere. I didn't use it other than to make sure the domes were lined up and all the keys registered I'll know more in the coming week when I use it with my type-s.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3848 on: Sat, 31 January 2015, 20:38:02 »
Finished modding my 23U.

Ironing them flat helps them not interfere. I didn't use it other than to make sure the domes were lined up and all the keys registered I'll know more in the coming week when I use it with my type-s.
Fair enough. I'll be glad to read about your impression compared to your Type-S if you don't mind sharing them with me.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #3849 on: Sat, 31 January 2015, 22:11:09 »
middle of a blizzard and I go to the store for charcoal
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich