geekhack Community > Off Topic

cursive writing

<< < (6/6)

fkeidjn:

--- Quote from: D-EJ915;20493 ---I don't even remember how to write in cursive for most letters, I can write my name but I've forgotten how to do capital D so I wing it every time lol.

Here's a sample of mine and this was on the wacom which I suck at lol.

Wow my writing sucks, shows you how much I write things.
--- End quote ---

Don't worry, I can read it.  I've seen sloppier handwriting coming from my professors.

DarthShrine:

--- Quote from: D-EJ915;20493 ---I don't even remember how to write in cursive for most letters, I can write my name but I've forgotten how to do capital D so I wing it every time lol.

Here's a sample of mine and this was on the wacom which I suck at lol.

Wow my writing sucks, shows you how much I write things.
--- End quote ---

I think it's pretty legible. Mine is worse than that unless I slow my writing down considerably.

pex:

--- Quote from: xsphat;20470 ---No, because people don't die so I can write. That is an ugly analogy.
--- End quote ---

I'm just saying that there's a problem when most of the population can't write quickly and legibly after 13 years of mandatory public education (in the US anyway) and here we have folks who had to have taken 7-11 more years (however long a PhD takes) of education yet are WORSE off.  It's not just the benefit of better written communication among the masses...we can see that it can mean life or death.

I don't know anything about betting, but what happens if there a 13:2 odds of something but some bookkeeper writes what looks like 73:2?  It just can't end well.

What if people, no longer having an appropriate grasp of script, who read the original writing of the US constitution (at, say, the archives) thought that it (read to) forbade Reason instead of Treason?  What perverse effect might that have on the culture of the US?  :confused:

wellington1869:

--- Quote from: pex;20632 ---I'm just saying that there's a problem when most of the population can't write quickly and legibly after 13 years of mandatory public education (in the US anyway) and here we have folks who had to have taken 7-11 more years (however long a PhD takes) of education yet are WORSE off.  It's not just the benefit of better written communication among the masses...we can see that it can mean life or death.

I don't know anything about betting, but what happens if there a 13:2 odds of something but some bookkeeper writes what looks like 73:2?  It just can't end well.

What if people, no longer having an appropriate grasp of script, who read the original writing of the US constitution (at, say, the archives) thought that it (read to) forbade Reason instead of Treason?  What perverse effect might that have on the culture of the US?  :confused:
--- End quote ---

jeez, I dont think the situation is that bad :)  I dont think it'll ever get that bad, for the very reasons you describe. There will always be a need to scribble things down. I dont think that'll go away. We'll just get slightly clumsy at it, but it'll still function.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version