geekhack Community > Off Topic

ever run pearpc or osx86?

(1/3) > >>

wellington1869:
either technically can allow mac os to run on windows. I'm wondering if either allows drag and drop between the guest (mac os) and host (ms windows.) Cant seem to find this info out there since 99 percent of info on either has to do with 'how to install'.

bhtooefr:
PearPC makes no sense nowadays.

OSx86 isn't a program to run OS X on Windows, it's slang for running OS X directly on commodity x86 hardware. It DOES allow drag-and-drop with Windows, albeit in a rather roundabout way - install OS X, then install VMware Fusion or Parallels Desktop, then install Windows on that.

wellington1869:
one day i'm going to do this sacriliegious thing:
-buy a macbook
-wipe it
-install vista (or win7 by the time I have cash for this) on it. As the main and native os for it.
-install vmware and osx as the 'guest' os. Lol.

That would be my perfect machine ;) There's only 2 mac os apps I'd want to use regularly, so it makes sense to me to make mac windows pop up in vista desktop rather than vista windows pop up in the mac desktop. (at least based on the pics I've seen I believe either should be possible).

But then it would be perfect so long as I can drag/drop between mac/vista at that point. Nirvana. Best of both worlds. you *can* have it all. What a country.

bhtooefr:
Except VMware Fusion is seamless at running Windows on OS X, VMware isn't seamless at running OS X on Windows (and, actually, it may not be possible. At the very least, you'll have to do it as a hackintosh, which will be ugly, and a pain in the ass. Then, you'll have to write VMware Additions for OS X yourself. I hope you know OS X's internals quite well. ;))

zwmalone:
Not to mention Windows STILL doesn't support EFI so you'd have to leave OS X installed just to use bootcamp...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version