geekhack Community > Other Geeky Stuff

What Linux Distro do the Linux users of GH use?

<< < (542/548) > >>

fohat.digs:
Now I am back to whining and begging again - about "permissions" - surprise !

I can't even comprehend what this is talking about, and going online to places such as Linux forums shows me things to do, but what they show is not what comes up on my own screen when I follow their instructions.

(My apologies, again, and should I just start a "Harry whining about Linux" thread so that I am not turdposting on this one?)

yui:

--- Quote from: fohat.digs on Thu, 21 July 2022, 10:43:32 ---Now I am back to whining and begging again - about "permissions" - surprise !

I can't even comprehend what this is talking about, and going online to places such as Linux forums shows me things to do, but what they show is not what comes up on my own screen when I follow their instructions.

(My apologies, again, and should I just start a "Harry whining about Linux" thread so that I am not turdposting on this one?)

--- End quote ---
i have used k3b extensively on multiple distroes and never managed to get this error, i guess cdrom is not as popular as it used to be :)
my guess is that your user does not have cdrom permission, try to type groups in a terminal and look if you are in the cdrom group? (as i said never seen this error, but the fact that there is a cdrom group written in the exact same way the error writes it makes me think it may be that)

fohat.digs:

--- Quote from: yui on Thu, 21 July 2022, 13:21:04 ---
i have used k3b extensively on multiple distroes and never managed to get this error, i guess cdrom is not as popular as it used to be :)

my guess is that your user does not have cdrom permission, try to type groups in a terminal and look if you are in the cdrom group? (as i said never seen this error, but the fact that there is a cdrom group written in the exact same way the error writes it makes me think it may be that)

--- End quote ---

As an owner of an older car, I want CDs for the road and I sometimes like to make my own compilations, and also I don't want to trust my original disks in the heat ....

It appears that I should be "on the list"

yui:
yeah you should have the permissions, i am all out of clues, sorry. and i use CDs for my older non usb PCs, my cars are too old for those newfangled optical disk :)

suicidal_orange:
What is in the device settings in k3b?

I also see you're not in the audio group and that doesn't sound good, could be why you can't record.

--- Code: ---gpasswd -a harry audio
--- End code ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version