geekhack Community > Other Geeky Stuff

What Linux Distro do the Linux users of GH use?

<< < (546/550) > >>

yui:

--- Quote from: suicidal_orange on Sat, 26 November 2022, 03:37:59 ---I made the mistake of thinking about upgrading to an M.2 SSD and within hours had my first problems with my years old Arch install - Firefox repeatedly crashed locking up X when either copying or pasting a few words using right click.  Switching to a real terminal and killing Firefox resulted in a strange "black screen of death" with red writing when returning to X but of course being Linux it offered click to recover rather than needing a reboot :P

--- End quote ---
yeah i loved that "Restart X" there was in IceWM, when something is wrong with the DE no need to reboot the whole system, although i never needed it in Ice, and would have loved it in KDE :)
Forgot, now on SteamOS 3, it is rather good, but unfinished, and does not have printing support.

iri:
Doesn't Ctrl-Alt-Backspace do just that, restart X?

suicidal_orange:

--- Quote from: iri on Mon, 28 November 2022, 02:41:23 ---Doesn't Ctrl-Alt-Backspace do just that, restart X?

--- End quote ---
Yup.  I didn't need to though, killing Firefox recovered the rest of the session.

Still happening, might be time to try something new :eek:

yui:

--- Quote from: iri on Mon, 28 November 2022, 02:41:23 ---Doesn't Ctrl-Alt-Backspace do just that, restart X?

--- End quote ---
well you taught me something new

suicidal_orange:
Still crashing, time for another distro!

Guess I need to read up on general changes, Wayland(?) being one I've heard of but ignored (unless Arch seamlessly transitioned for me...)  Anyone know of anything else I should know about?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version