Author Topic: Introducing the Trader Feedback system  (Read 47258 times)

Offline Moderation Team

• * Global Moderator
Introducing the Trader Feedback system
« on: Wed, 09 May 2018, 20:44:38 »
The Trader System - feedback for the Marketplace (primarily the Classifieds) transactions.

As of May 8, 2018, integrated trader feedback system has been implemented for the purpose of providing feedback on direct transactions between two users, generally via the Classifieds. 
(Please avoid adding feedback for Group Buys unless something really stands out.  However if you do wish to leave such feedback*, please read on.)   

Note that many vendors and artisans have their own dedicated feedback threads located in the respective Artisan Services and Vendor Forums--please check those too.  Some people with the vendor rank on geekhack are authorized representatives of a commercial company that has more than 1 employee.  Thus leaving personal trader feedback for such a user in order to comment on a merchant's performance as a whole is strongly discouraged and may/will be removed.

This system is not for transactions taking place outside geekhack.org

Each feedback submission requests a URL address of the marketplace ad associated with the sale/purchase/trade the feedback is left about, although this URL is not required.  However, if your sale or trade was done through private messages and no public record of it exists, the transaction rating might seem suspicious to those looking through your feedback score--do keep that in mind. 

This feedback relies on the honor system where it is assumed that both parties are responsible individuals.  In the case of erroneous feedback or abuse of the feedback system, there is an option to report each feedback post in question to the moderation team for review.  While the moderation team does not arbitrate in transactions gone bad, as stated in the marketplace rules, we will expend some reasonable effort to contact both parties about the disputed transaction feedback.  Unfortunately, if the feedback is negative but it looks like the transaction did take place, it is up to the involved parties to sort out the situation between them and agree to a change in feedback rating--we will not remove negative feedback just because its recipient doesn't want to have it.

Likewise, if someone "games the system" and obtains repeated suspicious positive feedback without any reference to marketplace threads, please report this to the moderation team. 

For any feedback for transactions made before May 8, 2018, you may wish to contact the people you've sold to or bought from before and see if they are interested in sharing feedback with you.  Otherwise, positive feedback from heatware or eBay, or references from this site can count toward your reputation with your potential buyer or seller while you gather new feedback here.

How to leave feedback:

Go to a user's profile page where you will see the "SMF Trader System" section:
195378-0
Click on "Submit Feedback for 'username'"

In the next window, please select whether you were the buyer or seller, or whether it was a trade.  Also select the rating (positive / negative / neutral), add a link to the post/thread relevant to your transaction (optional but highly recommended to give your feedback more weight).  Finally add a short summary title* that will be visible to everyone, and, if you wish, a more detailed description in the last field.  This feedback system is not simply about the total score--its purpose is also to give some description and context to your prior transactions.  The more descriptive and documented your feedback is, the more reliable it will look to your potential buyers/sellers/trade partners.

*If you are leaving feedback for a group buy runner, please add "GB:" abbreviation in the summary title of your feedback.

195380-1

If you believe you've received feedback in error and require moderator assistance, please use the report function here:
195382-2

Please understand that we can't possibly cover every "what if" situation with rules.  We will take feedback on this system into consideration for possible updates or rule changes.

« Last Edit: Wed, 09 May 2018, 21:04:29 by Moderation Team »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
Re: Introducing the Trader Feedback system
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 11:02:03 »
nice
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 19:27:10 »
agreed. :thumb:

Offline _haru

• Formerly linuxfanatic
  • Back from the dead
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 11 May 2018, 00:26:34 »
Excellent.
AMJ60 - 45g MX White | GH60 Rev. C - Ghost Gateron Blacks | DFK101 - Alps SKCM Cream | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL - 62g Vintage MX Ergo Clear

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 21 May 2018, 08:59:35 »
Very good idea. I really hope it helps making GH a better place to do transactions.

¿Where feedback on the trader feedback system will be recorded?

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 21 May 2018, 09:39:45 »
Also, just to be sure... this is only for trades after the system goes live?  That seems the fairest way to do it, but I know that some issues existed before, so wasn't sure...

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 21 May 2018, 11:39:28 »

Could you please clarify what your question means?  Are you talking about this feedback thread about the system overall, or are you talking about the description of each transaction / trade feedback details?

Also, just to be sure... this is only for trades after the system goes live?  That seems the fairest way to do it, but I know that some issues existed before, so wasn't sure...

No, it does not have to be only sales made after the system went live, as stated in the OP.  If you have a recent-ish transaction that happened before May 8, 2018, you can still contact your buyer/seller/trade partner and exchange feedback.  Many people keep their old sale threads untouched (preferable to those megathreads where the OP gets cleaned out regularly), so it could be easy to reference those older threads in the feedback.

- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 21 May 2018, 14:12:38 »

No, it does not have to be only sales made after the system went live, as stated in the OP.  If you have a recent-ish transaction that happened before May 8, 2018, you can still contact your buyer/seller/trade partner and exchange feedback.  Many people keep their old sale threads untouched (preferable to those megathreads where the OP gets cleaned out regularly), so it could be easy to reference those older threads in the feedback.

Cool... thanks for the clarification!

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 21 May 2018, 16:58:59 »

Could you please clarify what your question means?  Are you talking about this feedback thread about the system overall, or are you talking about the description of each transaction / trade feedback details?

I wonder if some kind or record will be kept on improving the trader feedback system. It would be a summary of the comments in this thread, for example.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 21 May 2018, 17:29:28 »
This is the thread to collect feedback on the system.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 00:14:05 »
when i look at a user's profile i see positive feedback on there twice

QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 08:35:27 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Yeah would probably be better with Trade score or similar :)
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 26 May 2018, 18:53:30 »

If you are talking about the two lines in the picture below (I added the dashed lines for clarity), the top one is the percent of all your feedback that is positive, while the bottom one is the number of positive feedbacks you have received.  Or am I misunderstanding you?  What I find odd is that everyone appears to have zero feedback.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #13 on: Sat, 26 May 2018, 19:00:05 »
Yeah the "total positive feedback" field seems kind of superfluous.  It's the default in SMF Trader for some reason.

Most people have zero feedback because the system has just been implemented, and there's not been that much trading yet since then.

Offline haydoselefantes

« Reply #14 on: Fri, 03 April 2020, 12:09:59 »
I hit "enter" accidentally when entering feedback and it truncated my comments.  Is there a way to edit/revise feedback?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 20 May 2020, 10:59:17 »
I hit "enter" accidentally when entering feedback and it truncated my comments.  Is there a way to edit/revise feedback?

Huh.  I was poking around and can't find a way to edit the feedback.  :-/  I'd guess it's built that was to "lock in" the feedback so you can't give positive feedback in order to receive positive, then turn around and give negative feedback; or change it at a later time due to some unrelated disagreement. 

It's unfortunate, but as long as the feedback is in the correct direction (positive or negative), I'd say that accomplishes most of the goal of the system.  People checking into someone's history will get the gist of it and be able to judge if someone should be reliable.  :thumb: