Author Topic: [GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)  (Read 772364 times)

Offline eddible

Re: [GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)
« Reply #1850 on: Sun, 24 December 2017, 05:19:04 »
I just wanna get the fk out of this mess!
I hear this. As for your tracking, have you tried 17track? If that finds nothing it’s probably either an incorrect reference or it hasn’t been picked up/scanned yet by the courier.

Offline Marvellion

« Reply #1851 on: Sun, 24 December 2017, 06:37:04 »

ANY update is better than where we are at now. I don't even care what their plan is. What have they done the last 10 days? Anything? Has anything changed?

I think people are saying 'any update will do' but if we got an update like "hey guys, we are still working on shipping, hang tight" everyone will complain that their specific issue wasn't addressed, or that there isn't enough info etc. From their perspective, I can understand the radio silence.

Have you ever checked any other, well done GBs' updates? No one should expect a 1000 words essay like update, but regular updates like "we are still working" and no radio silences are a must for peaceful GBs.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #1852 on: Sun, 24 December 2017, 07:36:15 »
I don’t entirely understand the need to white knight for them at this juncture.

Let’s not act like making a post on a forum every few days requires some sort of tremendous effort and time investment.

I guess you've not read my other posts on here, then.

That's literally the same thing I've been saying for months and that I have repeated over and over. No one's white knighting any body, the only point I've been trying to make with my last 2-3 posts is that expecting an update the day before Christmas or over the holidays is hardly feasible; I don't think it's very considerate to expect one either, if there's ever a time I'll give them a pass for actually, truly being "too busy" or not feeling like it really is worth popping round to say "there are no updates, we're home with our families, expect activities to resume after the holidays", that'd be now. Maybe that's just me, I'm a festive guy, what can I say.

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #1853 on: Sun, 24 December 2017, 09:45:41 »
I hear this. As for your tracking, have you tried 17track? If that finds nothing it’s probably either an incorrect reference or it hasn’t been picked up/scanned yet by the courier.

I have tried everything, it is sf-express, on there website it says shipment picked up.
Since Dec. 15th tho...nothing has changed..

Offline gumeraser

« Reply #1854 on: Sun, 24 December 2017, 10:45:27 »
ANY update is better than where we are at now. I don't even care what their plan is. What have they done the last 10 days? Anything? Has anything changed?

I think people are saying 'any update will do' but if we got an update like "hey guys, we are still working on shipping, hang tight" everyone will complain that their specific issue wasn't addressed, or that there isn't enough info etc. From their perspective, I can understand the radio silence.

Yeah STFU guys! It's not the GB runners' fault that the GB was run so terribly!

Offline eddible

« Reply #1855 on: Sun, 24 December 2017, 11:21:23 »

I have tried everything, it is sf-express, on there website it says shipment picked up.
I suspect it’s just Christmas causing huge back logs unfortunately. Bad time of year for all this!

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #1856 on: Sun, 24 December 2017, 12:41:09 »

But it's bull****.

I'm sick of people like you making excuses for people like this group of joker's. It was a week after I first PMed them about the missing stabs before I even mentioned it on here - as I assumed it was an oversight on their part.

For three weeks now, they have refused to even acknowledge that I paid for stabs and that they owe them to me. I'm not asking for crazy compensation, I'm only asking for either the actual amount paid refunded or the stabs shipped with my replacement bottom. Total radio silence.

I will grant you it's only $7-8 between the stabs and the RGB LEDs. But doesn't that make it worse? They're going to **** me around over $7???

I understand some people go off the deep end, I think if you look a few pages back youll see I was one who was criticizing someone else in this thread who did. But not everything needs to be forgiven and overlooked.

I understand you may not agree, but I feel this is a grievous mishandling of my situation, considering how minor it is in the grand scheme of things and what I've told them I will accept as resolution.

I mean, ****. "Yes, we will ship stabs with your replacement bottom". 9 words to fix this. How petty.

Offline dead_pixel_design

• IIIV is not a Roman Numeral. Positive Vibes.
« Reply #1857 on: Sun, 24 December 2017, 15:09:27 »
But it's bull****.

If they posted and the only thing they said was "We are still shipping stuff, thank you for your patience." would that be satisfactory to you?

Offline afrokobe

« Reply #1858 on: Sun, 24 December 2017, 15:27:11 »
But it's bull****.

If they posted and the only thing they said was "We are still shipping stuff, thank you for your patience." would that be satisfactory to you?
he's asking they address him after 3 weeks of no response.  Either "We'll refund" or "We'll ship replacements".  All he wants is just a response from the team on a small matter

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #1859 on: Sun, 24 December 2017, 15:46:46 »
But it's bull****.

Better than where we are now. For all we know they haven’t shipped a thing since 10 days ago.

« Reply #1860 on: Sun, 24 December 2017, 16:21:23 »
he's asking they address him after 3 weeks of no response.  Either "We'll refund" or "We'll ship replacements".  All he wants is just a response from the team on a small matter

My point is that people are saying 'anything would be nice' but that's obviously not the case, when there are several users that want specific information, where a generic 'we're still shipping stuff' response isn't going to cut it.
« Last Edit: Sun, 24 December 2017, 16:38:22 by dead_pixel_design »

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #1861 on: Sun, 24 December 2017, 16:37:59 »
But it's bull****.

No. I want them to acknowledge my specific issue. It's not unreasonable.

« Reply #1862 on: Sun, 24 December 2017, 16:41:50 »
But it's bull****.

No. I want them to acknowledge my specific issue. It's not unreasonable.

It absolutely isn't. It should have been done a long time ago. But specific issues like yours are why a broad generic responses aren't going to cut it at this point

Offline TheWuggening

« Reply #1863 on: Sun, 24 December 2017, 20:53:04 »
I got mine yesterday. I'm missing the screws that hold the foot onto the keyboard and the stabs that I ordered.. Anyone else have this problem? Am I missing something here?

Offline Traveler

[GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)
« Reply #1864 on: Sun, 24 December 2017, 21:30:15 »
I got mine yesterday. I'm missing the screws that hold the foot onto the keyboard and the stabs that I ordered.. Anyone else have this problem? Am I missing something here?

Lots of people are missing their stabilizers and a few other people have been missing screws too IIRC. To be fair I think the GB runners have addressed the screws; there's room for like five but there's only three screws by design (or something similar). Sadly you're one of many people who's order hasn't been right.
« Last Edit: Sun, 24 December 2017, 22:15:57 by Traveler »

Offline TheWuggening

« Reply #1865 on: Mon, 25 December 2017, 14:17:16 »
What’s been the best way to reach out to the GB runners about my stuff?

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #1866 on: Mon, 25 December 2017, 14:24:03 »
What’s been the best way to reach out to the GB runners about my stuff?

If you figure that out, LMK. I've been PMing Juahenza, Yutski, and CodyWanks and radio silence.

Im about ready to start reminding TARO that their names are all over this **** show again. The level of disrespect these joker's are showing us considering they're logging on is beyond belief.

Offline codywanks

« Reply #1867 on: Mon, 25 December 2017, 16:10:47 »
Based on Juahenza's last comment, it kind of sounds like the replacement polycarbonate bottoms need to be manufactured? I.e. they don't actually have any lying around to ship off?

But, aren't there supposed to be extra Exents? Waiting to be sold when the GB concludes?

The replacement polycarb bottoms do indeed have to be remade.

Extras get manufactured together with replacements (mainly to fulfill the MOQ). This is a routine thing with most GBs.

There's nothing about this situation that prevented Juahenza, Yuktsi, or CodyWanks from replying to either of my messages about my missing stabilizers over the past two weeks. They've been active. They chose to not reply.

The shtick is getting worn out.

The level of disrespect these joker's are showing us considering they're logging on is beyond belief.

Not sure what gave you that idea, but I just got back from a cruise. I haven’t been “active” by any stretch of the imagination. My last login was on the 15th of December; I even got one of my mates to screenshot my profile page in case you wanted proof.

It’s one thing to make valid accusations, I can deal with that, but all this talk about me being “active” but “choosing not to reply” is absolutely baseless and will not be tolerated.

Has anyone with a premium kit had their tracking at all? Just wondering if they had started shipping as planned or not.

Has anyone with a premium kit gotten a shipping notice?

As stated above, I’ve only just got back so I’m not sure what the latest status is. I’ll need to confer with the runners.

Here’s an album of the cracked bottom plus anodizing issues:

https://imgur.com/a/UWNVS

Quoting to remind myself to raise this issue the next time we meet. Ditto for @TheWuggening.

Anyone got their tracking working?
I have a basic kit with grey top case, got the tracking 10 days ago and it's still not moving!
yuktsi said he was gonna looking into my tracking, and then went silence.
TBH, after months of delay and lack of response, I just wanna get the fk out of this mess!

I suspect it’s just Christmas causing huge back logs unfortunately. Bad time of year for all this!

What eddible said. I have inbound packages from USA, Austria and China and the tracking info for all three shipments have been static for a longer period than yours. I can share my tracking numbers with you through PM if it’d make you feel better.

_______

I’ll try to post a meaningful update as soon as I get brought up to speed, but this will likely only happen next week as the GB leaders are currently off on holiday with their families.

Until then, have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #1868 on: Mon, 25 December 2017, 16:47:03 »
PM from Cody:

Usually I’d be more than happy to help out with this, but what you’ve said in the thread about me being “active” but “choosing not to reply” is nothing short of slander.

You’re welcome to PM me again after you’ve made a public apology. As it stands, I’m only a volunteer on the project and I don’t owe you any answers.

Kiss my ass. I'll eat the damn $6 before I'll apologize to you when Yutski has been posting in this damn thread.

I think you need to speak with the group you're volunteering for before you commit to extorting an apology out of me over a set of stabs I paid for and one of you forgot to put in the box. TARO probably won't want a summary of the situation and your PM posted every time they run an IC or a GB.

Edit to add: There's nothing that I love more in life than making people choke on their own words.

I haven’t been “active” by any stretch of the imagination. My last login was on the 15th of December; I even got one of my mates to screenshot my profile page in case you wanted proof.

It’s one thing to make valid accusations, I can deal with that, but all this talk about me being “active” but “choosing not to reply” is absolutely baseless and will not be tolerated.

Hmmm. I wonder how you knew to preserve the evidence if you weren't active (my emphasis added above)... Care to explain?
« Last Edit: Mon, 25 December 2017, 17:38:00 by TerryMathews »

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #1869 on: Mon, 25 December 2017, 16:50:42 »
The level of disrespect these joker's are showing us considering they're logging on is beyond belief.

Not sure what gave you that idea, but I just got back from a cruise. I haven’t been “active” by any stretch of the imagination. My last login was on the 15th of December; I even got one of my mates to screenshot my profile page in case you wanted proof.

Sorry, but this response doesn’t really fly. First, he said “they” not “codywanks” so I’d assume he didn’t just email you. To say his claim is baseless is totally bull****.

Second, and more important, as far as I’m aware you aren’t even officially part of this GB. If that has changed and you are now the contact person going forward, that’s totally fine, but you need to set the expectation that you and only you will be responding to people and addressing the issue. As it stands now, it seems that people are reaching out to those whom they believe to running their GB and getting no response.

Finally, if you ARE the contact person, and you are going on vacation, you should either designate someone else to do it OR simply let people know. This isn’t hard. Had you said a week ago “I will be handling all communication for this GB going forward. I am going on a cruise for the next week, but if you have any questions I’ll try and respond when I get back. I will be unreachable from x-y, so don’t expect a response before then. I should also have another update on around 12/28.”

No one woulda said ****. Ok, maybe PancakeMSTR would be mad, but it’s the holidays and people would get it. But that is NOT what you did.

If you don’t want people attacking you for not responding when you aren’t available, THEN MAKE SURE THEY KNOW YOU ARENT AVAILABLE.

I for one am not at all bothered by the state of the GB, issues happen, and I do think you are trying. I am however extremely disappointed in the general communication of the GB. So much so I’m hesitant to deal other any of the people involved again. That you don’t understand the difference is frustrating. It doesn’t matter how well you are running the other side of the GB if the perception is you don’t give a **** and can’t be bothered to inform people of the status of their purchases.

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #1870 on: Mon, 25 December 2017, 16:54:44 »
Sorry, but this response doesn’t really fly. First, he said “they” not “codywanks” so I’d assume he didn’t just email you. To say his claim is baseless is totally bull****.

You are 100% correct. I PMed all three of them consideing how sporadic their activity was.

I don't think GH saves sent items by default, but I'm sure a moderator could verify if it comes down to that.

Offline codywanks

« Reply #1871 on: Mon, 25 December 2017, 18:15:54 »

As far as I’m concerned, he worded “they” to mean and include me. And the simple facts of the matter are I have NOT been active, I have NOT logged on, and I DID NOT choose to dodge his PM.

Second, and more important, as far as I’m aware you aren’t even officially part of this GB... (snip)

I believe in helping out and picking up the slack whenever/wherever I can, and not asking for/expecting anything in return. That’s what friendship & community both mean to me. However, if the consensus here is that my updates are not helping, not useful, or not appreciated, I’d be more than willing to take a step back and let this thread take its course.

Hmmm. I wonder how you knew to preserve the evidence if you weren't active (my emphasis added above)... Care to explain?

That’s simple. Someone from my keyboard chat group informed me that you were falsely accusing me of being online but not responding. So I told them to grab a screenshot of my last active status and forward it to me to for proof.

I'll eat the damn $6 before I'll apologize to you

Great, eat it in quarters, let me know what it feels like coming out the other end.

Offline Cerasis

« Reply #1872 on: Mon, 25 December 2017, 18:20:18 »
Hey, for a volunteer or someone who helps out the gb we should chill out for a little bit. I still think he's doing a better job than the gb runner considering he's actually giving updates instead of being off for weeks at a time. Jua didn't even bother updating his shipping estimates.

We all just wanna get the fk outta here, the gb runner should just get this over with and fix the communication issues. This includes actually addressing concerns with people missing things.
Bantam44 | M0116 | Miuni32 | EXENT | Un-novatouch'd Novatouch to be fixed

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #1873 on: Mon, 25 December 2017, 18:28:59 »
Cody, my most sincere thanks for doubling down on stupid.

@All: If I don't hear back from an official representative of this GB by 0:00 GMT 1/1/18, I will assume Cody is speaking on behalf of you all and these messages are Official Statements on behalf of the GB. I will then begin posting a summary of my issue and Cody's responses on the matter in all the places that the members of TARO do business.

My expectations:
1) An apology regarding Cody's responses to what are legitimate complaints.
2) Confirmation of how my issues will be handled

Thank you for your consideration. I hope we can resolve this amicably. I've spent thousands of dollars at Oco, I'd hate for Cody's behavior to put an end to that.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #1874 on: Mon, 25 December 2017, 18:35:53 »
Oh, here comes the ultimatum. Just in time when we thought it could not get any worse.

PS: Cody, thank you for the remainder of the updates that affect everyone that isn't Terry. Hopefully things keep moving along nicely despite this whole thing.

Offline demorior

« Reply #1875 on: Mon, 25 December 2017, 18:36:29 »
Honestly I'll take radio silence over Cody doing the updates at this point

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #1876 on: Mon, 25 December 2017, 18:40:34 »
Oh, here comes the ultimatum. Just in time when we thought it could not get any worse.

I'm not happy about it frankly either, but I don't know what else to do at this point. Setting Cody aside, Yutski has been online and posting without acknowledging my issues which were delivered via PM.

Am I nuts? I don't think I'm asking for a lot here.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #1877 on: Mon, 25 December 2017, 18:40:43 »

As far as I’m concerned, he worded “they” to mean and include me. And the simple facts of the matter are I have NOT been active, I have NOT logged on, and I DID NOT choose to dodge his PM.

So.... what you are saying is, even if he wasn't talking about you, you want him to be, and so therefore you are offended because he didn't know you were inactive? Really? YOU DID choose to dodge his PM, because you stopped responding and CHOSE to not tell anyone why. HE DID NOT say that YOU were active and not responding, he said THEY which I personally would interpret as the people RUNNING the group buy which rolls into this point:

Second, and more important, as far as I’m aware you aren’t even officially part of this GB... (snip)

I believe in helping out and picking up the slack whenever/wherever I can, and not asking for/expecting anything in return. That’s what friendship & community both mean to me. However, if the consensus here is that my updates are not helping, not useful, or not appreciated, I’d be more than willing to take a step back and let this thread take its course.

First, again, stop being a child, I NEVER SAID the updates were not helpful. I said, if you are going to be in that role, make it official, and then MANAGE EXPECTATIONS. I was trying to help you. ALL you have to do is let people know when you won't be available, and let them know when you think you might have an update, and then, before we get there, no one will complain, and if they do, the community itself will manage it. All it would take is a few 1-2 line messages every now and again. People clearly have anxiety about this GB, but they shouldn't, not given the group that is running it, there is zero reason to believe that this GB will fail or anyone will not get what they paid for except 1 HUGE thing. COMMUNICATION. The way this GB is choosing to communicate is inducing it's own problems. All of this could have been avoided by simply being more up front and open with people. You guys are more than shooting yourself in the foot, it's like you thought "why stop with a pistol, I need an RPG to really handle that damn foot".

But regardless, you cannot lump yourself into "they" and then make it clear you are't part of "they". Either you are involved, and the expectation is as such, or you aren't.

That’s simple. Someone from my keyboard chat group informed me that you were falsely accusing me of being online but not responding. So I told them to grab a screenshot of my last active status and forward it to me to for proof.

Sorry, but screenshots don't mean ****:

No one is doubting you that you weren't on a cruise, but this is just being childish. Also, let's not pretend like you can't check the forum or find out about PMs without updating the last login status. Again, not saying you did, but the point is more that it doesn't really matter. No one is calling you a liar but you. I totally believe you didn't check the forum while you were gone, and I'm fine with that. I'm telling you you are being unreasonable to expect people to be happy about the lack of updates in the 10 days preceding christmas without knowing why. He has a legit reason to be upset, you don't.

I'll eat the damn $6 before I'll apologize to you

Great, eat it in quarters, let me know what it feels like coming out the other end.
Grow up. You WANTED to be insulted, and then you acted like a child when you tried to FORCE him to apologize or else you will STEAL his money. Remember, this isn't some favor, he PAID for stabs, and didn't get them. IT IS NOT OK to threaten to not give something they paid for because you felt insulted. Especially when YOU are the one inferring that insult.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1878 on: Mon, 25 December 2017, 18:43:15 »
it's christmas can we please not flame this thread today
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Evilocity

« Reply #1879 on: Mon, 25 December 2017, 18:47:35 »
Lmao this thread gives me great laughs.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #1880 on: Mon, 25 December 2017, 19:27:51 »

Finally, if you ARE the contact person, and you are going on vacation, you should either designate someone else to do it OR simply let people know. This isn’t hard. Had you said a week ago “I will be handling all communication for this GB going forward. I am going on a cruise for the next week, but if you have any questions I’ll try and respond when I get back. I will be unreachable from x-y, so don’t expect a response before then. I should also have another update on around 12/28.”

No one woulda said ****. Ok, maybe PancakeMSTR would be mad, but it’s the holidays and people would get it. But that is NOT what you did.

Not true. I would have accepted without question a statement saying the leadership would be unavailable, as long as the dates were reasonable.

Based on Juahenza's last comment, it kind of sounds like the replacement polycarbonate bottoms need to be manufactured? I.e. they don't actually have any lying around to ship off?

But, aren't there supposed to be extra Exents? Waiting to be sold when the GB concludes?

The replacement polycarb bottoms do indeed have to be remade.

Extras get manufactured together with replacements (mainly to fulfill the MOQ). This is a routine thing with most GBs.

I'm confused, so you do have extras? What do you mean extras get manufactured together with replacements? Do you have replacements, extras, both, or neither?

Rhetorically, in response to what's been developing here the past few days: I know for me personally, it was one of codywank's comments that sort of set me off the deep end with leadership. To be explicit, if we were voting on whether or not to keep codywanks around doing communication, my vote would be a no (he is cavalier and disrespectful altogether too often), even given that he is one of the few who somehow manages to give regular and detailed updates. Sort of illustrative of the state of this group buy in a nutshell (I say typing on my Exent...). That's my review anyway,  but given I'm still waiting on my replacement bottom it's not over for me yet either.

But yeah I think you all know which side I'm on. Not only Yuktsi and Juahenza but (even despite the fierce opposition this opinion garners) Taro, Rama, and Oco were all long ago scratched off my list of people/groups I'm willing to give money to. This is insanity, and the way we are being treated totally unacceptable.
« Last Edit: Mon, 25 December 2017, 19:35:35 by PancakeMSTR »

Offline Traveler

« Reply #1881 on: Mon, 25 December 2017, 19:29:46 »
Honestly I'll take radio silence over Cody doing the updates at this point

Although Cody hasn't always been professional, I for one am grateful for his updates since Yuktsi and Juahenza are ignoring us. If he wasn't around we would be in the dark way more than we have been.

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #1882 on: Mon, 25 December 2017, 19:35:53 »
I have just called sf-express Malaysia, the shipment is NOT yet picked up according to their representative
While it shows "shipment picked up" on their website since Dec. 15th
My best guess is sf-express Malaysia shows that once the shipper creates a lable
However, that nice lady on the phone promised to report this to her supervisor and get back to me.
In the meanwhile, still no words from yuktsi or any other GB runner.
Well done!

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #1883 on: Mon, 25 December 2017, 20:02:41 »
it's christmas can we please not flame this thread today

Kind of escalated past flame now. Sad sight to see but sadder yet is the fact it actually got to this (not saying either side is to blame more than the other for where it has gotten).

Would be nice to be able to actually get provided substantial updates after people are back from New Year's regarding shipping for those of us who have not gotten their board(s) yet but at the same time it's not like what is currently polluting the thread is exactly uncalled for. ****ty situation, you know it's bad when people are going to these extremes on Christmas of all days, lawdy lawd.

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #1884 on: Tue, 26 December 2017, 01:53:03 »
 :)

I’m going into work tomorrow, so I’m going to do a little light reading before I retire after a busy Christmas.  Ooooh, I wonder what’s up with the EXENT GB, maybe there’s an update on aluminum bottoms, maybe not.

;D

MaNiFeX reads two pages of comments.

:confused:

:eek:

Maybe I’ll check back later.

:rolleyes:

Offline Dead Encryption

• Dead...
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #1885 on: Tue, 26 December 2017, 13:12:44 »
:)

I’m going into work tomorrow, so I’m going to do a little light reading before I retire after a busy Christmas.  Ooooh, I wonder what’s up with the EXENT GB, maybe there’s an update on aluminum bottoms, maybe not.

;D

MaNiFeX reads two pages of comments.

:confused:

:eek:

Maybe I’ll check back later.

:rolleyes:

I have felt that way every time I check this thread...just ready for my Exent to come so I can separate myself from this thread...

:blank:

Offline TelFiRE

« Reply #1886 on: Tue, 26 December 2017, 15:55:55 »
Mine just arrived to my surprise :) By the looks of it no cracks or anything.
KBD75 GMK Terminal          XD84 DSA Black on GSF + Hana Matcha + Serum

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #1887 on: Tue, 26 December 2017, 15:58:07 »

Sweet!  Post pics!  Let's keep the positive momentum going!  Would love to hear from others that have had successful build.  I know you're out there!

:thumb:

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #1888 on: Tue, 26 December 2017, 16:01:33 »

Was yours shipped assembled or unassembled?

Offline neon_tom

[GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)
« Reply #1889 on: Tue, 26 December 2017, 16:16:52 »
Mine just arrived to my surprise By the looks of it no cracks or anything.

If it was shipped assembled, make sure to remove the feet and check for cracks underneath.

Offline Cerasis

« Reply #1890 on: Tue, 26 December 2017, 19:14:18 »
So uh, shipping updates?
Bantam44 | M0116 | Miuni32 | EXENT | Un-novatouch'd Novatouch to be fixed

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #1891 on: Tue, 26 December 2017, 19:42:42 »
So uh, shipping updates?

I’ll try to post a meaningful update as soon as I get brought up to speed, but this will likely only happen next week as the GB leaders are currently off on holiday with their families.

Until then, have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Offline TheWuggening

« Reply #1892 on: Wed, 27 December 2017, 13:46:25 »

Here’s an album of the cracked bottom plus anodizing issues:

https://imgur.com/a/UWNVS

Quoting to remind myself to raise this issue the next time we meet. Ditto for @TheWuggening.

Thank you kindly brochacho; much appreciated.

Just as a reminder, to save you time when you come back around, I'm missing the stabs and screws to attach the foot.

Offline TelFiRE

« Reply #1893 on: Wed, 27 December 2017, 19:13:54 »

Was yours shipped assembled or unassembled?

Mine just arrived to my surprise By the looks of it no cracks or anything.

If it was shipped assembled, make sure to remove the feet and check for cracks underneath.

Mine was shipped assembled, however I have just removed the acrylic bottom and confirmed that there are no cracks on either side.

That said, my foot bar did not come attached, and I did not receive any screws with which to attach it. I also do not have any spare rubber feet if I were to not use the bar. I'm not sure if this is normal, I got the basic kit and it does say it's just inclusive of housing, plate and PCB.

Can anyone tell me what kind of screws I need to attach that, and also should I be looking at plate mounted or pcb mounted stabilizers for this?

KBD75 GMK Terminal          XD84 DSA Black on GSF + Hana Matcha + Serum

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #1894 on: Wed, 27 December 2017, 19:16:18 »
That said, my foot bar did not come attached, and I did not receive any screws with which to attach it. I also do not have any spare rubber feet if I were to not use the bar. I'm not sure if this is normal, I got the basic kit and it does say it's just inclusive of housing, plate and PCB.

Can anyone tell me what kind of screws I need to attach that, and also should I be looking at plate mounted or pcb mounted stabilizers for this?

Easy to forget something like that if you change a process. 99% sure it's a mistake.

PCB mounted stabilizers.

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #1895 on: Wed, 27 December 2017, 20:33:06 »

I did not receive any screws with which to attach it.
Show Image

lololoolololololololololololol

You'd think they'd have managed to get something right by accident at this point.

These will work: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01E5EOIWW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Offline Data

« Reply #1896 on: Wed, 27 December 2017, 22:11:38 »
Received my dark gray Exent today.  No cracks in the PC.  Anodizing is at least as good as the photos -- with indoor light anyway.  All of my RGB LEDs came on bright green out of the box, so I assume that's a good sign.  I'll still plan to check the other colors when I do the final assembly.

Like many, I'm also missing the stabilizers I paid for.  So hoping there's more to come on that...  But for the moment, counting my blessings.   :-[

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #1897 on: Thu, 28 December 2017, 11:11:37 »

Received my dark gray Exent today.  No cracks in the PC.  Anodizing is at least as good as the photos -- with indoor light anyway.  All of my RGB LEDs came on bright green out of the box, so I assume that's a good sign.  I'll still plan to check the other colors when I do the final assembly.

Like many, I'm also missing the stabilizers I paid for. 

Man, I haven't heard of a single order being sent out that has everything packed correctly.  Worrisome.  Anyone out there get theirs as ordered and fulling functioning?

Offline aeryxz

• aeboards
« Reply #1898 on: Thu, 28 December 2017, 16:00:35 »
Telfire, you gonna list reparation demands for the pains you have endured?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #1899 on: Thu, 28 December 2017, 16:30:25 »

Like many, I'm also missing the stabilizers I paid for.  So hoping there's more to come on that...  But for the moment, counting my blessings.   :-[

How do you like the color on the grey? I have been anxious about their moving to a much darker looking grey being too close to black. Are you happy with the color/shade?