Author Topic: 【IC】Zero-G Studio X DMK ABS theme keycap "The King"  (Read 7911 times)

Offline Zero-G Studio

• Find the balance between colors
【IC】Zero-G Studio X DMK ABS theme keycap "The King"
« on: Tue, 30 August 2022, 00:10:04 »
【IC】Zero-G Studio X DMK ABS Keycap Set "The King"

The Zero-G “The King” Triple/Double Shot Cherry Profile Keycap Set is now in IC.
Please fill out this IC form if you’re interested or have any feedback: IC FORM

Design inspiration
The moment he was born, he was destined to spend his life defending this continent and his people. He is the hero of this continent and will become the king of this continent!

Introduction
The “The King” keycap is designed by Zero-G Studio and manufactured by Domikey.

Kits

Base

Alpha

Novelties

Numpad

Spacebars

Color Palette

TBD

Deskmat

TBD

SPECS
Designed by Zero-G Studio
Manufactured by Domikey
Profile: Cherry (1-1-2-3-4-4)
Material: ABS

Renders

Vendor
GLOBAL:KPREPUBLIC
NA: Otakeebs
AU/NZ(OCE):Daily Clack
CA:
UK:UK:ProtoTypist
EU:KEYGEM
AS:MoYuStudio
VIE:Uniq Meck
TW: INPAD
KR:VEXVITCH

Kit Pricing
TBD

GB Dates
Expected in early October

Timeline
Production period is estimated to be around 120-150 days after the GB ends.

Collaboration
If you are interested in collaborating, please contact us by

Contact
Discord: https://discord.gg/NAS6dWPKUJ
Mail: 43178850@qq.com
QQ:43178850
Wechat: Shawn8417
« Last Edit: Tue, 22 November 2022, 20:07:10 by Zero-G Studio »
Discord:https://discord.gg/NAS6dWPKUJ
mail:43178850@qq.com
wechat:1861185029

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
Re: 【IC】Zero-G Studio X DMK ABS theme keycap "The King"
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 30 August 2022, 00:37:58 »
will this run on drop

Offline Zero-G Studio

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 30 August 2022, 00:40:14 »
will this run on drop
I will contact and see, if it is not sold on the drop, there will also be a global Vendor

Offline 0xtanja

• need 1.5u supers
    • linktr.ee/tanjarinne
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 30 August 2022, 00:50:50 »
Some thoughts:

• Your rows are mislabeled on the second segment of both the Base-A and Base-B renders – 1.5u `backspace`, 1.5u `delete`, 1u `PgUp`, and 1u `Home` should be R2 (QWERTY); The keys labelled as R2 (`purse`, icon `control`, stepped icon `control`, etc. should be R3 (ASDF); All the `shift` should be R4 (ZXCV).
• Some mods have icons, whereas some have legends – would be more homogeneous to stick to either icons OR legends.
• Maybe also include a 7u spacebar with the Alpha-A and Alpha-B (or not include a spacebar at all).
• 1.5u `Code` or 1.5u `Super` would be a great addition for Control Caps-Lock users.

Offline Zero-G Studio

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 30 August 2022, 01:08:20 »
Some thoughts:

• Your rows are mislabeled on the second segment of both the Base-A and Base-B renders – 1.5u `backspace`, 1.5u `delete`, 1u `PgUp`, and 1u `Home` should be R2 (QWERTY); The keys labelled as R2 (`purse`, icon `control`, stepped icon `control`, etc. should be R3 (ASDF); All the `shift` should be R4 (ZXCV).
• Some mods have icons, whereas some have legends – would be more homogeneous to stick to either icons OR legends.
• Maybe also include a 7u spacebar with the Alpha-A and Alpha-B (or not include a spacebar at all).
• 1.5u `Code` or 1.5u `Super` would be a great addition for Control Caps-Lock users.
It is indeed the designer who made a mistake in drawing. I will correct it immediately and readjust the configuration with reference to your other suggestions. Thank you very much for posting these problems so carefully.

Offline Zero-G Studio

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 30 August 2022, 01:22:59 »
Some thoughts:

This combination is because users have reported some mold problems of DMK before, such as the character spacing problem of shift. This time I used a higher cost to replace some keys with icons, hoping to give users a better experience. , and the combination of characters and icons, in fact, many designers have used this combination before, which can make the large function keys look more concise.
Of course, you can take a look at everyone's feedback. If everyone likes the unification of characters, I will revise it again.

Offline Zero-G Studio

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 30 August 2022, 01:27:47 »
Some thoughts:

At present, DMK does not have these molds, and we have given feedback to DMK. Hope he can add it soon.

Offline Botty212

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 30 August 2022, 03:00:12 »
the spacebar kit seems incomplete, at least to me other ppl might have different thoughts.
I am missing a second 3U spacebar for both accent and alpha colored as well as a 6U spacebar options (centered and off-centered). Other than that I would like to see the addition of a f13 key.

Offline menuhin

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 30 August 2022, 03:06:13 »
Nice design, but why opt to have the Cyrillic alphabets to pair with the African themed novelties? Were the Russians or any Slavic countries ever colonizers or slave-owners/traders in Africa history?
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline Zero-G Studio

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 30 August 2022, 05:05:01 »
Nice design, but why opt to have the Cyrillic alphabets to pair with the African themed novelties? Were the Cyrillic or any Slavic countries ever colonizers or slave-owners/traders in Africa history?
This is a bit of a helpless choice. Now DMK only has Japanese, Cyrillic, and Korean roots to choose from.
At present, the font form and theme collocation of Cyrillic is more harmonious than the other two fonts. So I chose Cyrillic.
We also suggested that DMK add some radical stencil options. They are also in preparation, and I believe that the following designs will have matching fonts available to the author.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 September 2022, 22:58:31 by Zero-G Studio »

Offline menuhin

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 30 August 2022, 06:43:19 »
Nice design, but why opt to have the Cyrillic alphabets to pair with the African themed novelties? Were the Russians or any Slavic countries ever colonizers or slave-owners/traders in Africa history?
This is a bit of a helpless choice. Now DMK only has Japanese, Russian, and Korean roots to choose from.
At present, the font form and theme collocation of Russian is more harmonious than the other two fonts. So I chose Russian.
We also suggested that DMK add some radical stencil options. They are also in preparation, and I believe that the following designs will have matching fonts available to the author.

African countries also have their own scripts, but no rush - the African countries will definitely rise in later half of this century.
First of all, I hope that DMK also pay attention to the uniformity of their text modifiers such as "Backspace" "Shift" "Enter".
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline Zero-G Studio

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 30 August 2022, 07:07:03 »
This is a bit of a helpless choice. Now DMK only has Japanese, Russian, and Korean roots to choose from.
At present, the font form and theme collocation of Russian is more harmonious than the other two fonts. So I chose Russian.

African countries also have their own scripts, but no rush - the African countries will definitely rise in later half of this century.
First of all, I hope that DMK also pay attention to the uniformity of their text modifiers such as "Backspace" "Shift" "Enter".
Yes, about the optimization of these characters, we have proposed to DMK, I believe they will continue to optimize in the next time.

Offline hali

• hali.studio
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 30 August 2022, 08:05:08 »
npc keyset

Offline Zero-G Studio

« Reply #13 on: Thu, 01 September 2022, 23:05:33 »
I want to solicit everyone's opinions. Now there are full-character mods and half-icon and half-character mods, as shown in the renderings. Everyone prefers that kind of collocation. I thought that my friend suggested that the whole character is more complete. Do you have any other friends' suggestions?

Offline Zero-G Studio

« Reply #14 on: Sun, 04 September 2022, 01:12:25 »
2022/09/04 update
Deskmat

Offline LMarci

« Reply #15 on: Sun, 04 September 2022, 04:44:52 »
I love cyrillic subs but seems like an odd choice for this set.

Offline codecoffeecode

« Reply #16 on: Sun, 04 September 2022, 21:14:41 »
If DMK doesn't have any appropriate languages or scripts available for the set's sublegends, why have any sublegends at all?

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #17 on: Sun, 04 September 2022, 22:09:10 »
npc keyset

my friend puddsy would like this post

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #18 on: Sun, 04 September 2022, 22:23:22 »
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Zero-G Studio

« Reply #19 on: Tue, 06 September 2022, 22:59:16 »
I love cyrillic subs but seems like an odd choice for this set.
The cyrillic subs are the closest to some African scripts that DMK has in existence. Japanese would be even weirder. So I have two options. Can only choose double shot :D

Offline megaforce

« Reply #20 on: Wed, 07 September 2022, 00:46:39 »
LMAO
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline Zero-G Studio

« Reply #21 on: Sat, 10 September 2022, 22:12:22 »
2022/9/11 update:
Based on user feedback in the community, we have added additional "tabs" to ALPHA to allow users to mix and match more freely.
In addition, we are going to put the purple 7U and 6.25U spaces in the base, and hope to get your feedback, thank you!

The production of resin artisan has completed the first version of the mold, and I will meet you later ;D

Offline mariajose1197

« Reply #22 on: Mon, 12 September 2022, 22:54:02 »
I find some sections incomplete, I don't like the sub-legends, I feel like they are not appropriate for the set.
On the other hand, the novelties seem fascinating to me, in the necklace I would only opt for the purple to be more faithful to it.
If we are talking about Wakanda from what is seen in the title and novelties, I don't like the deskmat at all since it goes off topic.
Other than that it's a good concept.
Wakanda forever!

Offline Zero-G Studio

« Reply #23 on: Thu, 15 September 2022, 23:58:37 »
I find some sections incomplete, I don't like the sub-legends, I feel like they are not appropriate for the set.
On the other hand, the novelties seem fascinating to me, in the necklace I would only opt for the purple to be more faithful to it.
If we are talking about Wakanda from what is seen in the title and novelties, I don't like the deskmat at all since it goes off topic.
Other than that it's a good concept.
Wakanda forever!
This is what I understand from a fan's point of view and add elements that I see fit to it. This is also the charm of a theme, everyone has their own understanding and situations they want to express.
As for the deskmat, I just depicted the continent he guarded. It shouldn't be a digression, hahaha, this is just my understanding. ;D

Offline Zero-G Studio

« Reply #24 on: Sun, 18 September 2022, 03:49:26 »
2022/9/18 update:
1. Alpha-B adds function keys for purple characters
2. Novel modified some design elements
3. Fixed some bugs of sub-legend

Offline aicyborg

« Reply #25 on: Mon, 19 September 2022, 22:18:05 »
Your UK-ISO support is wrong in these renders. The 3 key's upper legend is # when it should be £. I assume this is just a render mistake but I hope you don't mess that up...