Author Topic: [GB] UniGo66 -- The Ultimate Wireless Ergo (Shipping in process)  (Read 73527 times)

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
[GB] UniGo66 -- The Ultimate Wireless Ergo (Shipping in process)
« on: Mon, 01 October 2018, 23:02:41 »
Hello friends of Geekhack,

We are super excited to present to you the newest offering: UniGo66, a truly ultimate wireless ergo customized keyboard. This keyboard is elegant yet full of desired features rarely seen in prior designs from the community. Designed by Sirius, a famed Ergo enthusiast and designer, UniGo66 has already gone through a few iterations and optimizations, and now, here is the final version balancing the sheer joy of typing and the uninterrupted flow of gaming.

Features

1. Wireless, cross sub-boards combination keys
2. Aluminum 6061 case
3. Logitech K230 chip, 2032 button battery compatible (lasts ~ 6 months, costs < 1 dollar each)
4. Updated U2U adapter, QMK/TMK firmware
5. Compatible with MX Switches, Hot-swappable PCB, sockets pre-soldered
6. Acrylic bottom included
7. Free 5 hotswap sockets as backups
8. Fully programmable
9. Color/layout mix or match
10. Designed by Sirius
11. Manufactured by ALF

Supported Layouts

Note: you have the option to choose different layouts for different hands.

Color Options

Note: you have the option to choose different colors for different hands and the receiver.

Pricing

Default options: $349
This price includes: 2 hands cases (grey or black), 2 PCBs presoldered with hotswap sockets, 1 receiver (grey or black), 1 acrylic bottom, 5 backup hotswap sockets, rubber feet, box

Premium/addons:
Each Pearl White hand: +$20
Pearl White Receiver: +$5
Each additional hand case: +$99 (Pearl White: +$119)

Minus one hand: - $149

Note: all payments exclude a 5% PayPal Fee/Exchange Fee.

Timeline
GB Period: Oct 2 - Oct 16, 2018
Payment due by Oct 17, if you need to pay later, please contact Sirius in discord to make an arrangement.

Expected shipping: Ships in about 3 month (due to multiple holiday seasons) after GB payment collection. Shipping fees (based on SF Economy Express, 5-7 business days) will be invoiced when keyboard is ready to ship. To estimate shipping cost, please visit SF Shipping Calculator, you can choose any originating city from China.

Join the Group Buy

To join the Group Buy, please fill out the UniGo66 Google Form, and an invoice will be sent to you to confirm your spot.

If you would like to change your color (Feb 26- March 1, 2019) or buy an extra, please fill out this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1tCZxepVpL-B3gfXuY-VoDTbk0POQHrFFUSRHRw19hi8

Additional UniGo66 Wrist Rest (PC, CNC) Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1B_5FyTUskhJts7lTNQ5nx0_SnaC04QE_JxSZA291Rxk/

Note: All images of UniGo66 in this post are based on our actual prototypes.
Credits: Sirius would like to acknowledge help from hasu, TMK and author of the USB2USB converter, the idea of the U2UHUB comes from hasu's Geekhack post.

To check the status of your order, please visit UniGo66 Order Status.

« Last Edit: Sat, 02 March 2019, 21:57:39 by oldcat »

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Re: [GB] UniGo66 -- The Ultimate Wireless Ergo
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 01 October 2018, 23:14:49 »
Reserved for updates.

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 02 October 2018, 04:56:22 »
Approved!
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline dededecline

• Linktree
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 02 October 2018, 11:31:18 »
Worth noting, you can install plate stabs for the 2u keys  ;D

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 02 October 2018, 16:10:14 »
Worth noting, you can install plate stabs for the 2u keys  ;D

Thanks for mentioning this, I have added this to the description, Yes for the 2u keys plate mount stabs can be used.

Offline Gghi

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 02 October 2018, 21:16:03 »
Love this !!

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 02 October 2018, 22:57:36 »
Really cool project!

So with the acrylic bottom - are there LEDs on the bottom of the PCB I assume? I didn't see them in the photos.

Offline bmilcs

• bryan | bmilcs
    • bmilcs world
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 03 October 2018, 10:24:40 »
If I had more disposable income, I would definitely be joining this group buy.

Fantastic design... both key layout and overall aesthetics of the case are outstanding.

I should probably finish this Ergodox at some point and give it a try :P

TGR.JANE.V2 #40/40 <3 // TOKYO60 #1 // KBD75  #1 #2 #3 #4 // ES87  #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
INCOMPLETE  Duck Orion v3, 2 pcb black on black (might sell, pm me)  | SOUTHPAW.65

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 03 October 2018, 10:34:46 »
The way they figured out wireless is amazing, using a receiver is much better than Bluetooth, makes it compatible with KVM easier and I use 2-3 computers at the same desk. I wish there was a lower cost solution utilizing this implementation.

I want to join this but given it's a "traditional" group buy instead one through a trusted vendor there is only so much money I am willing to place faith in that kind of group buy, $350-400 is well over that.

I hope these end up in the wild though! good luck.

Offline dr_unconscionable

• [sqeleton]
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 03 October 2018, 11:34:03 »
Don't think I'm going to have the funds for this, sadly. This is amazing though and I really hope there's an R2.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 03 October 2018, 11:54:01 »
Really cool project!

So with the acrylic bottom - are there LEDs on the bottom of the PCB I assume? I didn't see them in the photos.

Hey, thanks for the support! The acrylic bottom is used to reduce the wireless signal interference, actually not for underglow :)

Offline xeronu

• https://0w.nz
    • xero.nu
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 03 October 2018, 13:11:25 »
i really wish i could get in on this gb as i exclusively use splits. but sadly i just spent all my discretionary funds on the keycap recap. hopefully this board gets great reviews and i can get in on around round. keep up the good work!

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 03 October 2018, 16:17:47 »
The way they figured out wireless is amazing, using a receiver is much better than Bluetooth, makes it compatible with KVM easier and I use 2-3 computers at the same desk. I wish there was a lower cost solution utilizing this implementation.

I want to join this but given it's a "traditional" group buy instead one through a trusted vendor there is only so much money I am willing to place faith in that kind of group buy, $350-400 is well over that.

I hope these end up in the wild though! good luck.

Thanks for the kind words! Totally understand.

We could go through zfrontier or other vendors but the prices will be at least 10-15% higher. This kit is very costly to make and our plan is to grow the Alf branded GBs with minimal frictions so buyers get lower possible pricing. Hopefully when DC60, Doro67 and many other GB participants receive their keyboards you will be more comfortable!

Offline realxmlforce

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 03 October 2018, 17:58:48 »
So i assume the programming part works similar to hasu's usb to usb converter? Is there a qmk fork link available yet or is this something you are working on right now?
If qmk support works smoothly, this might be the qmk + wireless combo i was looking for a while now.

Offline linyaofred

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 03 October 2018, 21:27:43 »
So i assume the programming part works similar to hasu's usb to usb converter? Is there a qmk fork link available yet or is this something you are working on right now?
If qmk support works smoothly, this might be the qmk + wireless combo i was looking for a while now.
we are testing the qmk now, seems it works all right with windows but have some problem working with linux

Offline bakageta

« Reply #15 on: Thu, 04 October 2018, 13:47:13 »

This really is a great idea, I hadn't considered using a usb2usb adapter like this. It's great for desktop users, but the large dongle is a bit of a killer for many laptop users I imagine. If I didn't have too many projects already I'd love to play around with something similar, I really hope to see someone offer a more midrange board with a simpler acryllic / polycarb / plastic case.
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 October 2018, 13:49:07 by bakageta »

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 04 October 2018, 16:06:26 »

This really is a great idea, I hadn't considered using a usb2usb adapter like this. It's great for desktop users, but the large dongle is a bit of a killer for many laptop users I imagine. If I didn't have too many projects already I'd love to play around with something similar, I really hope to see someone offer a more midrange board with a simpler acryllic / polycarb / plastic case.

Yeah for a laptop, the big dongle is a bit much, I don't think these are something to travel with though, at least from my perspective.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 04 October 2018, 22:49:52 »

Yeah for a laptop, the big dongle is a bit much, I don't think these are something to travel with though, at least from my perspective.

Yeah aside from the dongle I think these will be too large for traveling. I think it makes better sense to travel with a very light board (e.g., whitefox), or some 40 or 50 percent keyboards.

Offline sK0pe

« Reply #18 on: Fri, 05 October 2018, 13:54:38 »
Any likelihood of the ability to tent / tilt this?

Offline saucybulgogi

« Reply #19 on: Fri, 05 October 2018, 23:22:59 »
Looking forward to this! First board I’ll have made by ALF. I bet that pearl white is gonna look amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #20 on: Sat, 06 October 2018, 22:39:57 »
Any likelihood of the ability to tent / tilt this?

I think so, join the discord to have a conversation with Sirius the designer!

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #21 on: Sun, 07 October 2018, 11:57:48 »
Looking forward to this! First board I’ll have made by ALF. I bet that pearl white is gonna look amazing!

Indeed, pearl white is best finish I ever touched so far. No exaggeration ;)

Offline wangledorf

• Formerly pewing
« Reply #22 on: Sun, 07 October 2018, 17:36:44 »
Wish I saw this in the IC phase. It would be a for sure buy for me if it had one more key on the bottom row for lower/raise like this:

:(

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #23 on: Sun, 07 October 2018, 20:30:39 »
Current order layout and color distributions

205052-0

205054-1

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #24 on: Mon, 08 October 2018, 14:00:44 »
Wish I saw this in the IC phase. It would be a for sure buy for me if it had one more key on the bottom row for lower/raise like this:

Show Image

:(

Yes, initially it was 1.25u design, Sirius incorporated the 3X1u design given many people requested it and made an additional prototype. Sorry to hear it does not fit your needs

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #25 on: Wed, 10 October 2018, 13:39:37 »
less than a week left!

Offline saucybulgogi

« Reply #26 on: Wed, 10 October 2018, 13:41:15 »
less than a week left!

TIME HURRY UP. I WANT THIS THING ON MY DESK ALREADY

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #27 on: Thu, 11 October 2018, 17:48:49 »
less than a week left!

TIME HURRY UP. I WANT THIS THING ON MY DESK ALREADY

Thanks for the support my friend!

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #28 on: Fri, 12 October 2018, 11:20:06 »
Pearl White prototype!

205314-0

PCB prototype

205316-1

Offline Lormania

« Reply #29 on: Fri, 12 October 2018, 11:35:45 »
Oh wow this looks good! Still deciding between grey and white!

Offline saucybulgogi

« Reply #30 on: Fri, 12 October 2018, 11:45:23 »

PCB prototype

(Attachment Link)

those battery holders are a bit confusing. They look like they're on the side the switches go into. are we gonna have to take out all the switches to change the batteries? or are they accessible from the bottom of the pcbs?

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #31 on: Fri, 12 October 2018, 19:19:30 »

PCB prototype

(Attachment Link)

those battery holders are a bit confusing. They look like they're on the side the switches go into. are we gonna have to take out all the switches to change the batteries? or are they accessible from the bottom of the pcbs?

You will be able to remove/replace battery from under. Just need to open the bottom cover. No need to take out switches

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Re: [GB] UniGo66 -- The Ultimate Wireless Ergo (final 2 days)
« Reply #32 on: Sun, 14 October 2018, 23:38:39 »
Final 2 days. Here is the current order information.

Once GB ends, I will post the order details for each user (with sensitive information masked) for verification.

205428-0

Offline yosi1sland

« Reply #33 on: Mon, 15 October 2018, 07:20:37 »
Can I change the bottom layout of the right keyboard?

1.25u -> 1u

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #34 on: Mon, 15 October 2018, 11:02:50 »
Can I change the bottom layout of the right keyboard?

1.25u -> 1u

Yes please DM Sirius in discord to make a change :)

Offline ctrl

Re: [GB] UniGo66 -- The Ultimate Wireless Ergo (ending tomorrow!)
« Reply #35 on: Tue, 16 October 2018, 02:20:47 »
Joined for pearl white. I've got DSA Drifter with matching SUK artisans waiting for it when it arrives. :thumb:

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #36 on: Tue, 16 October 2018, 13:55:44 »
Joined for pearl white. I've got DSA Drifter with matching SUK artisans waiting for it when it arrives. :thumb:

Thanks for the support! The Pearl White finish is absolutely amazing

Offline Lormania

« Reply #37 on: Tue, 16 October 2018, 14:02:18 »

That will look great! I am deciding between gray and white right now. I don't have dsa drifter but it looks good on all the white keyboards I have seen it on. Which SUK artisans will you be pairing it with. Did you get any of the mall ninjas to match as well?

Offline ctrl

Re: [GB] UniGo66 -- The Ultimate Wireless Ergo (final day!)
« Reply #38 on: Tue, 16 October 2018, 17:04:51 »

Pearl White looks as if it has that nice spaceship white. Like the 2001 or Alien spaceship interiors color. Confirm? :D

That will look great! I am deciding between gray and white right now. I don't have dsa drifter but it looks good on all the white keyboards I have seen it on. Which SUK artisans will you be pairing it with. Did you get any of the mall ninjas to match as well?

Man, I had the same struggle. I think Drifter is a really nice looking set on ortho/ergo/40% boards, but I worry the white hue will be off enough compared to Drifter to make it less matching. Did you happen to see Drifter on a white board in person?

Pairing it with a SUK Superpower Patriarch and Keybuto II. The Superpower colorway is insanely well matched with Drifter! Didn't get any of the mall ninjas, although I was tempted. I think it'll look cleaner though with just two dedicated artisans, one on each half; Patriarch half - Keybuto half. Are you getting some special caps for your build?

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #39 on: Tue, 16 October 2018, 17:33:59 »

Pearl White looks as if it has that nice spaceship white. Like the 2001 or Alien spaceship interiors color. Confirm? :D

Man, I had the same struggle. I think Drifter is a really nice looking set on ortho/ergo/40% boards, but I worry the white hue will be off enough compared to Drifter to make it less matching. Did you happen to see Drifter on a white board in person?

Pairing it with a SUK Superpower Patriarch and Keybuto II. The Superpower colorway is insanely well matched with Drifter! Didn't get any of the mall ninjas, although I was tempted. I think it'll look cleaner though with just two dedicated artisans, one on each half; Patriarch half - Keybuto half. Are you getting some special caps for your build?

Hey, not sure how I would put it, if you use pure white as a reference, the pearl white is a little bit warmer than pure white; and it has a creamy, milky feeling to the finish.
I have taken some shots of the Pearl White with the dev/tty MT3, not sure if you have seen them.

Offline ctrl

« Reply #40 on: Wed, 17 October 2018, 01:08:06 »
Hey, not sure how I would put it, if you use pure white as a reference, the pearl white is a little bit warmer than pure white; and it has a creamy, milky feeling to the finish.
I have taken some shots of the Pearl White with the dev/tty MT3, not sure if you have seen them.

Ah, so a bit warmer than the white of pure white keycaps. Couldn't find the pics. Could you post a link? How do you feel keysets with a white base color looks on Pearl White?

Offline saucybulgogi

Re: [GB] UniGo66 -- The Ultimate Wireless Ergo (ending tonight!)
« Reply #41 on: Wed, 17 October 2018, 09:15:07 »
I’m interested in seeing white keycaps on a pearl white finish too. Was considering picking up some WAN DSA from PMK for this board.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Re: [GB] UniGo66 -- The Ultimate Wireless Ergo (GB closed)
« Reply #42 on: Wed, 17 October 2018, 13:10:43 »
Thanks everyone for making UniGo66 GB a huge success!

Sirius has sent all the invoices, and please kindly submit payment today. If you need more time to pay, please make a payment arrangement with Sirius by DMing him in discord. Thanks again!

I will update the status form for each order (without revealing sensitive information) tomorrow in the main post.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #43 on: Wed, 17 October 2018, 21:44:55 »
Group Buy has now ended, to check the status of your order, please visit UniGo66 Order Status.

Offline japanitrat

« Reply #44 on: Fri, 19 October 2018, 13:21:39 »
Group Buy has now ended, to check the status of your order, please visit UniGo66 Order Status.

I hope keeping the emails in a public spreadsheet was just a mistake. Please fix that immediately.

Edit: typo

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #45 on: Fri, 19 October 2018, 13:42:02 »

I hope keeping the emails in a public spreadsheet was just a mistake. Please fix that immediately.

That column has been deleted.

Offline japanitrat

« Reply #46 on: Fri, 19 October 2018, 18:53:05 »

That column has been deleted.

Thanks!

Offline ejewell89

• 4ever Smol
« Reply #47 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 10:21:34 »
If anyone is getting cold feet, Let me know I'm interested in picking one up

Offline joric

« Reply #48 on: Sun, 02 December 2018, 15:52:03 »
Where do you get Logitech K230 insides? Disassemble new keyboards? Those keyboards cost $17 on Amazon. Are they cheaper in bulks?

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #49 on: Sun, 02 December 2018, 17:22:51 »
Production is well underway and I believe first batch will be shipped out soon.

Sirius is closely working with Alf on the production