Author Topic: Sound Test / Review: C3 Tangerine 67g with Invyr stems / TX Film / Krytox 205g0  (Read 7211 times)

Offline nthoftype

I want to preface by saying that this is the first switch mod I have completed (besides lubing some Tealios V2 which I have yet to use on a board). My past switch experience includes Cherry tactile switches (Clears and Browns), so this is my first experience with linear.

Full Specs:
C3 Tangerine 67g (Dark Green) swapped with Invyr Batch 2 stems
Orange TX Films
Lightly lubed with Krytox 205g0 (both springs and stems)
Zeal Screw-in stabs

My first thoughts on these are that they are buttery smooth. Almost too smooth compared to what I am used to, and is taking me a bit to get used to. The actuation is a bit heavier than I expected (I probably would have opted for 62g version knowing this), however I don't find it unpleasant or tiring to type on for an extended period of time.

The sound profile is exactly what I want - a muted click, slightly bassy, and a consistent 'thwock' per key. Currently, my Code Keyboard with Clears has a very 'clinky' and 'metallic' feel/sound, especially on keys with stabs, making it sound cheap and lacking personality.

This is my first sound test with switches. Would love feedback on what information I missed and what the video lacks (one thing I need to work on is my noise gate, it opens and closes too quickly causing some noise distortion).
Wade / nthoftype