Author Topic: [GB] SKB75, SKB65 & SKB60 / GB CONCLUDED  (Read 370986 times)

Offline PlastikSchnittstelle

Re: [GB] SKB75, SKB65 & SKB60 (Standard, WKL, HHKB, YAS and ORTHOLINEAR)
« Reply #300 on: Sun, 20 May 2018, 14:22:36 »
Nice man with getting the 75% samle in.. ( Hoping to see it with SA on )  And no rush finishing this up! How is the 65% doing?

12 orders for the SKB65 so far.

and if one would like to swap from 75 to 65? Great work with everything so far!!  :thumb:

What do you mean by that? If you would like to swap your order or add to it, I still allow that - but not for much longer, let's say until the end of this month. Just do it like explained here, please. Short: just fill out the form again, I'll delete your old entry.

You should get what you want, right ;)
« Last Edit: Sun, 20 May 2018, 14:52:38 by PlastikSchnittstelle »

Offline line

« Reply #301 on: Mon, 21 May 2018, 14:33:50 »
What are the numbers like for SKB60 at the moment? :)

Offline monkt

« Reply #302 on: Mon, 21 May 2018, 18:15:24 »
I have added another plate option to choose from. Now SKB60 is available with an ortholinear plate, which support the XD75 PCB for example.

This links to the XD75am, I think. Does the hotswap version also fit this case? I think that one's the XD75re. I've read that the screw positions on the XD75re are unusually placed, but I'm not sure if that's true.

Also, if I wanted the option of doing an HHKB layout, in addition the ortho layout, I couldn't just get a separate plate for that--I'd have to get a different case, correct? Because of the different design with the blockers?

Offline Zuology

• Why does this rabbit-hole have so many side-quests
« Reply #303 on: Tue, 22 May 2018, 00:33:15 »

This links to the XD75am, I think. Does the hotswap version also fit this case? I think that one's the XD75re. I've read that the screw positions on the XD75re are unusually placed, but I'm not sure if that's true.

Also, if I wanted the option of doing an HHKB layout, in addition the ortho layout, I couldn't just get a separate plate for that--I'd have to get a different case, correct? Because of the different design with the blockers?

Would hotswap sockets mean that the PCB and plate can be separated on the fly as long as all the switches are removed beforehand? Would this make the top-mount less sturdy or something?

interesting point and YES!
the pcb is only held by the solder joints to the switches.
going for a hot-swap-pcb won't make anything less sturdy. all the sturdiness comes from the case and the plate. these two itself are so rocksolid that not any kind of pcb will ever be able to in- or decrease sturdiness. the pcb just isn't part of this equation.

Someone else correctly pointed out the problem with hot-swappable PCBs when used with a case/plate like this, since the switch sockets' pressure fit on the switch pins will be needing to be strong enough to hold weight of PCB suspended from the plate, since there wouldn't be the fixed soldered joints for security. YMMV/TBD. Also, screwholes on PCB are irrelevant, only switches will be securing the PCB  to the top-mounted plate, as mentioned.

As for the Ortho & HHKB, you would need at least the matching plate AND matching case top. I don't know if anyone has asked PlastickSchnittstelle about that option yet, but the possibility of him deciding to sell additional tops without bottoms is his to decide, as I can only imagine how complex ordering, QC, and sorting a GB covering this many sizes and layouts already is. He's already proven to be paying attention to every detail of this ambitious first run, and has been very organized thus far, but a man may have his limits  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Tue, 22 May 2018, 00:34:46 by Zuology »
More
75%: Scarlet Bandana (TBD) | Singa75 Polycarb (TBD) | SKB75 (TBD) | YMD75 (Box Navy) | XD84 (Outemu Ice) | Plum84 (BKE Redux Heavy)
TKL: ALF X1.1 SE (TBD) | LZ Iron White (TBD) | Fox Labs Orange (TBD) | Alu WASDv2 (Cherry Green) | MechkeyAlpha MA87 (Kailh Box Burnt Orange) | Archon RE:AL Superior EX (Nopre 65g)
Full+: Clueboard Double 1800 (Vint Clears) | IBM Model M | IBM Model F XT

Offline monkt

« Reply #304 on: Tue, 22 May 2018, 10:28:20 »
Someone else correctly pointed out the problem with hot-swappable PCBs when used with a case/plate like this, since the switch sockets' pressure fit on the switch pins will be needing to be strong enough to hold weight of PCB suspended from the plate, since there wouldn't be the fixed soldered joints for security. YMMV/TBD. Also, screwholes on PCB are irrelevant, only switches will be securing the PCB  to the top-mounted plate, as mentioned.

As for the Ortho & HHKB, you would need at least the matching plate AND matching case top. I don't know if anyone has asked PlastickSchnittstelle about that option yet, but the possibility of him deciding to sell additional tops without bottoms is his to decide, as I can only imagine how complex ordering, QC, and sorting a GB covering this many sizes and layouts already is. He's already proven to be paying attention to every detail of this ambitious first run, and has been very organized thus far, but a man may have his limits  :thumb:

There are a few things here I hadn't been aware of. Good to know. And thanks for the explanation!

Offline Zuology

« Reply #305 on: Tue, 22 May 2018, 12:19:44 »

There are a few things here I hadn't been aware of. Good to know. And thanks for the explanation!

Technically you could do HHKB layout with the ortho top, but the corner blockers would be open gabs showing the plate and pcb, or compromise the other way and have HHKB corner Blockered top which would prevent ortho layout having the corner keys.

Hot swap pcb may have enough grip on the switch pins to stay, but ultimately it's not necessarily as much of a convenience benefit as if it were a different plate mounting style since you basically pull the switches from the top and the pcb would fall inside the case.
More
75%: Scarlet Bandana (TBD) | Singa75 Polycarb (TBD) | SKB75 (TBD) | YMD75 (Box Navy) | XD84 (Outemu Ice) | Plum84 (BKE Redux Heavy)
TKL: ALF X1.1 SE (TBD) | LZ Iron White (TBD) | Fox Labs Orange (TBD) | Alu WASDv2 (Cherry Green) | MechkeyAlpha MA87 (Kailh Box Burnt Orange) | Archon RE:AL Superior EX (Nopre 65g)

Offline pon10

• looking at my keycaps..
« Reply #306 on: Wed, 23 May 2018, 06:54:05 »
Nice man with getting the 75% samle in.. ( Hoping to see it with SA on )  And no rush finishing this up! How is the 65% doing?

12 orders for the SKB65 so far.

and if one would like to swap from 75 to 65? Great work with everything so far!!  :thumb:

What do you mean by that? If you would like to swap your order or add to it, I still allow that - but not for much longer, let's say until the end of this month. Just do it like explained here, please. Short: just fill out the form again, I'll delete your old entry.

You should get what you want, right ;)

Thanks! and sorry haven't been following the tread to much..

I made a new entry for the 65%!

« Reply #307 on: Wed, 23 May 2018, 07:13:21 »
What are the numbers like for SKB60 at the moment? :)

Orders 05.23

16 SKB60-STD
09 SKB60-ORTHO
15 SKB60-WKL
20 SKB60-HHKB
27 SKB60-YAS
15 SKB65
43 SKB75

Offline LordHellmchen

« Reply #308 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 10:35:38 »
So the 75 has its MOQ? Will you do it even if just one layout gets enough orders? I ordered a KBDfans PCB yesterday and just now realised that this is a GB and I probably should have waited until it realy started :D

Offline Anakey

« Reply #309 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 11:31:03 »
So the 75 has its MOQ? Will you do it even if just one layout gets enough orders? I ordered a KBDfans PCB yesterday and just now realised that this is a GB and I probably should have waited until it realy started :D

The MOQ was for all units combined, i think the 40 units were ppassed within the first couple of days.

Offline okidna

« Reply #310 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 11:39:47 »
The MOQ was for all units combined, i think the 40 units were ppassed within the first couple of days.

Also this :

well, MOQ is said 40, i meant overall, but it would be a disaster for me. prices were supposed to be higher but i got scared before posting that after all the time, interest might have faded so I went as low as possible to make it happen. also I haven't mentioned that every single version needs to be produced at least 10 times (which is crazy low, anybody who has a clue knows I can't make no profit with that). it looks like we get at least 10 for all versions, let's hope it will get more over time. 50 overall for the first 24h is good I guess.

Offline Zuology

« Reply #311 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 13:30:02 »
Also this :
...I haven't mentioned that every single version needs to be produced at least 10 times (which is crazy low, anybody who has a clue knows I can't make no profit with that). it looks like we get at least 10 for all versions, let's hope it will get more over time. ...

Orders 05.23

16 SKB60-STD
09 SKB60-ORTHO
15 SKB60-WKL
20 SKB60-HHKB
27 SKB60-YAS
15 SKB65
43 SKB75

Not knowing his specific costs but based on his explanation of actual/realistic MOQ, it appears that every version/layout is comfortably past the actual bare/break-even MOQ, with the exception of Ortho60 which is right on the cusp and could/should easily push past once finalized broadcast across RMK/mechmarket happens (IMO). I believe we are still waiting on him to receive/build SKB75 and get finalized satisfactory powder coating or alternative finishing on the plates. The extra time in the pre-invoice phase for samples/QC is welcome, since most GBs can be run much more shoddily and without the extra prep and guarantee of the final products.
« Last Edit: Thu, 24 May 2018, 13:31:38 by Zuology »
More

« Reply #312 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 14:08:52 »
Yes, like Anakey, okidna and Zuology pointed out - MOQ is met. All versions (SKB60-STD, SKB60-ORTHO, SKB60-WKL, SKB60-HHKB, SKB60-YAS, SKB65, SKB75) will be made. So even Ortholinear. It shares all parts with the SKB60-STD, except the plate of course. There is at least one Ortho extra plate order so it made it as well.

A lot of questions that come up have already been answered in some kind of way, but I can understand that - I know, most of the time I haven't read through a whole thread myself before I post somewhere.
Btw I really appreciate Zuology's help on digging out the relevant quotes and help me answer recurring questions ;)

« Reply #313 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 14:21:37 »
I believe we are still waiting on him to receive/build SKB75 and get finalized satisfactory powder coating or alternative finishing on the plates. The extra time in the pre-invoice phase for samples/QC is welcome, since most GBs can be run much more shoddily and without the extra prep and guarantee of the final products.

That is correct - as soon as I have the SKB75 sample, I'll do a build again and equipped with this I will do an official RMK/mechmarket post.

Since we are well over 100 now I asked for a new quote as well. When I have that I will be able to name another price break point :)
I hope this news makes the wait a bit easier.

Btw, hadn't gotten any feedback regarding the update on the shipping cost - I thought this would be good news as well, right?
« Last Edit: Thu, 24 May 2018, 14:25:20 by PlastikSchnittstelle »

Offline Anakey

« Reply #314 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 14:45:51 »
shipping costs look good, though as i am in the UK it would naturally be lower then USA etc. Looking forwards to the next break point so glad that this project has exceeded expectations given the amount of care and thoiught you have put into the project.
« Last Edit: Thu, 24 May 2018, 14:50:15 by Anakey »

Offline aydio

« Reply #315 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 15:51:49 »
I didn't quite understand the discussion about the XD75re. Will the board fit in this case?

Offline Zuology

« Reply #316 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 16:49:00 »
Yes, like Anakey, okidna and Zuology pointed out - MOQ is met. All versions (SKB60-STD, SKB60-ORTHO, SKB60-WKL, SKB60-HHKB, SKB60-YAS, SKB65, SKB75) will be made. So even Ortholinear. It shares all parts with the SKB60-STD, except the plate of course. There is at least one Ortho extra plate order so it made it as well.

A lot of questions that come up have already been answered in some kind of way, but I can understand that - I know, most of the time I haven't read through a whole thread myself before I post somewhere.
Btw I really appreciate Zuology's help on digging out the relevant quotes and help me answer recurring questions ;)

I'm more than happy to help, and continued compliments on how you are handling the whole GB and past IC.  :thumb:

I believe we are still waiting on him to receive/build SKB75 and get finalized satisfactory powder coating or alternative finishing on the plates. The extra time in the pre-invoice phase for samples/QC is welcome, since most GBs can be run much more shoddily and without the extra prep and guarantee of the final products.

That is correct - as soon as I have the SKB75 sample, I'll do a build again and equipped with this I will do an official RMK/mechmarket post.

Since we are well over 100 now I asked for a new quote as well. When I have that I will be able to name another price break point :)

Btw, hadn't gotten any feedback regarding the update on the shipping cost - I thought this would be good news as well, right?

As a US resident, the 20 euro option is great news! Thanks for researching this option. I know the standard $40-50 international shipping that comes standard with Asia-based GBs is common and accepted by most who are more "practiced" in how these things run, but with this lower cost option it will hopefully make this kit even more appealing to more buyers. The trade-off for the lower cost shipping is of course less insurance, but TBH I don't know how many people are actually going to be having their packages declared at true value/price for the sake of customs and taxes (where applicable). Tracking is the main thing IMO, unless others have actually been able to reclaim funds on goods damaged in transit in the past. From what I know it is a tedious process that yields minimal results.

Similar feedback on the potential new price break - Great! Lower cost, more appeal to more buyers!

This GB is already the antithesis of the standard small/limited run with one fixed size/format at high cost that doesn't decrease because they have fixed/capped MOQ. The fact that you continued to add new layouts and formats (Ortho and 65) after the initial IC based on interest and feedback is fantastic.  :thumb: :thumb:

I didn't quite understand the discussion about the XD75re. Will the board fit in this case?

The PCB will fit, but the benefit/upsides of hot-swap will not be as convenient because you will not have fixed solder connections to rely on keeping things nice and tight. Basically if you remove all the switches at once, the PCB will be completely detached, so you will need to swap only a few switches at a time to keep PCB in place while you swap. The PCB on a top-mount case is "floating" in a sense, only held in place by the switch pin connections. This means that the PCB is only as secure as the tightness of the sockets allows. It's not that it won't work, but it won't potentially be as good as a traditional soldered PCB. To my knowledge, all hot-swap PCBs to date have come with/as tray-mount (which could easily be considered "bottom mount"), where the PCB is mounted on standoffs, and screws come through the PCB and Plate to anchor it all together, making the whole assembly easier to hot-swap.
« Last Edit: Thu, 24 May 2018, 16:56:12 by Zuology »
More

Offline TyrionLannister

« Reply #317 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 18:18:26 »
Great to hear about the progress. Depending on the price break, I may be able to add a third case to my order. But then I'd have to use the more expensive shipping option, so I'll have to see how it all shakes out. I just really like the project and want to support it! Such a great combo of a good GB runner, made in EU, modular / functional / no-frills case.

I have a buddy who can cerakote mine when they arrive, so no problems with "any color you want as long as it's black"

Offline LordHellmchen

« Reply #318 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 02:17:47 »

Sorry, you are right! The MOQ defintion is actually quite clear. To be honest: I followed the IC thread for a while and then forgot. Next time I looked it up the GB was already past the first end date :)

Anyway: thats very good news :)
« Last Edit: Fri, 25 May 2018, 02:21:39 by LordHellmchen »

Offline noobas4urus

• Mod Munky of another realm
    • The Mod Zoo
« Reply #319 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 10:21:01 »

Really great effort in getting the price down on all fronts.  Looking forward to the official launch!
"You miss 100% of the raffles you don't enter."
-Wayne Gretzky

Offline kim-kim

« Reply #320 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 23:34:57 »
For cheaper packaging, can you merge my order with silentreader's?

Theoretically yes, because the screws are outside the board, while the most cases (no pun intended) have screw holes inside the board that will hit some of the hotswaps

Offline jgjl

« Reply #321 on: Sun, 27 May 2018, 05:42:17 »
I have a question regarding the SKB60-HHKB case design. If I understand it correctly, the case is designed for a HHKB Layout with a 7u space key. However, the SKB60-A plate design accepts 6u and 6.25u space keys in addition to 7u space keys.

The original HHKB layout uses a 6u space key. In my opinion for a good reason--with a 7u space key the keys right of it are hard to reach. In my opinion 6u und 6.25u space are a much better choice for the HHKB layout, but only if the case matches. So, my question is: did you consider a case design with a lower row for 6u space keys?

Offline Draic

« Reply #322 on: Sun, 27 May 2018, 11:39:35 »
I have a question regarding the SKB60-HHKB case design. If I understand it correctly, the case is designed for a HHKB Layout with a 7u space key. However, the SKB60-A plate design accepts 6u and 6.25u space keys in addition to 7u space keys.

The original HHKB layout uses a 6u space key. In my opinion for a good reason--with a 7u space key the keys right of it are hard to reach. In my opinion 6u und 6.25u space are a much better choice for the HHKB layout, but only if the case matches. So, my question is: did you consider a case design with a lower row for 6u space keys?

With plate A and a pcb that supports this, you can of course use a 6u, 6.25u or split spacebar. The only "problem" are the symetric blockers of the case. Real HHKB has a longer blocker on the right (2,5u instead of 1,5u). So if you use a smaller spacebar, you will have 3 keys on the right of your spacebar, instead of 2. I do not think, that we will see a version of proper HHKB sized blockers. Personally I will just have the additional key there, as I will build the board with a splitted spacebar myself.

But I understand your issue very well. I also find 7u spacebars to be of impractical length. Anyone using the right Alt key frequently (like everyone using US-International), will find the Alt key in an inconvenient position. But still this 7u HHKB style is very popular and there are next to no cases with proper HHKB blockers :/

Offline Hodgeman

« Reply #323 on: Sun, 27 May 2018, 16:45:03 »
What kind of switches is everyone planning on using? I’m really excited to try out some nice linears with this case

Offline tonnu

« Reply #324 on: Mon, 28 May 2018, 00:06:40 »
hi there just put my orders up for 1 SKB65 and 1 SKB75

actually signed up here just to order these two

really exciting project! thank you!

« Reply #325 on: Mon, 28 May 2018, 03:20:19 »
For cheaper packaging, can you merge my order with silentreader's?

yes, got that, silentreader told me about it already ;)

« Reply #326 on: Mon, 28 May 2018, 03:32:00 »

With plate A and a pcb that supports this, you can of course use a 6u, 6.25u or split spacebar. The only "problem" are the symetric blockers of the case. Real HHKB has a longer blocker on the right (2,5u instead of 1,5u). So if you use a smaller spacebar, you will have 3 keys on the right of your spacebar, instead of 2. I do not think, that we will see a version of proper HHKB sized blockers. Personally I will just have the additional key there, as I will build the board with a splitted spacebar myself.

But I understand your issue very well. I also find 7u spacebars to be of impractical length. Anyone using the right Alt key frequently (like everyone using US-International), will find the Alt key in an inconvenient position. But still this 7u HHKB style is very popular and there are next to no cases with proper HHKB blockers :/

Yes, the plate-A would allow for 7U, 6.25U and 6U HHKB layout. But I can only offer ONE HHKB-top part. The reason we went for the HHKB-7U top instead of 6.25U or the original 6U is because it was decided via google form back in the IC phase. So I thought this is through, however If all of a sudden it turns out, that all of you who ordered the HHKB version would be fine with the 6U-HHKB, it would be easy for me to make this insted of the 7U top.

Maybe the ones who halped to make the decicsion via google-form back then are now not those who actually order - I can't say. If a healthy amount of the HHKB buyers will voice their wish for 6U instead of 7U top here, I will PM all HHKB orders and ask.

Good idea?

« Reply #327 on: Mon, 28 May 2018, 03:37:13 »
What kind of switches is everyone planning on using? I’m really excited to try out some nice linears with this case

All the sample builds I did so far use linears. Think I'll use clicky for the SKB75 sample that I'm waiting for. Have mx-blue and box-white here.

« Reply #328 on: Mon, 28 May 2018, 03:40:30 »
UPDATE (order list):

many of you made some changes to their order lately, thanks for sticking to the method I asked you for. Here is an updated list of all the orders so far. This time not as picture file. It's a PDF, so now you can just hit "Ctrl+F" or "⌘+F" to find your name quickly.
PDF attached.

Offline mustcode

« Reply #329 on: Mon, 28 May 2018, 06:44:04 »
Quick question, the ortho plate is compatible with XD75re pcb, right?

« Reply #330 on: Mon, 28 May 2018, 07:11:36 »
Quick question, the ortho plate is compatible with XD75re pcb, right?

Yes, it is.
Though you might not be able to use the lowest 6degree angle since the hot-swap sockets add some height on the underside of the PCB so it might collide with the bottom. 8degree and higher should be fine.
The PCB also exists without hot-swap socket, so you can build a proper keyboard. I prefer swapping the keyboard instead of swapping the switches, much quicker ;)

XD75 PCB from KPRepublic:
- XD75RE PCB (with hot swap sockets)
- XD75AM PCB (proper PCB)

Also important:
This is a top-mount construction, so the PCB is not mounted to the case. So this would mean some fumbling. I guess you just have to make sure you tightly press the PCB against the switches when you put them in, similar like you would when using PCB mount switches, I assume.
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 May 2018, 07:17:08 by PlastikSchnittstelle »

Offline ojrask

• juuh elikkäs
« Reply #331 on: Mon, 28 May 2018, 09:02:04 »
Had to add a second plate to my order so I can try both linear switches and either tactile or clicky ones too with this case. :D
Current:
    Ducky DK9008P [MX Blues] | WASD V2 TKL [MX Blues] | r63 (Satan 60% DIY) [Gateron Browns] | BananaSplit 60% [Gateron Greens] | UK78 [67g Zealios] | Infinity ErgoDox [MX Clears] | Pearl 40% [78g Zealios] | G81-3000
Coming up:
    DZ60/SKB60-WKL [100g MX Silent Blacks] | G81-3000 [Box Navies] Handwire
IC/GB:
    GMK Strogg | G81/80-3000 MX metal plate

« Reply #332 on: Mon, 28 May 2018, 09:35:09 »
already noticed ;)

Offline jgjl

« Reply #333 on: Mon, 28 May 2018, 10:25:52 »

Yes, the plate-A would allow for 7U, 6.25U and 6U HHKB layout. But I can only offer ONE HHKB-top part. The reason we went for the HHKB-7U top instead of 6.25U or the original 6U is because it was decided via google form back in the IC phase. So I thought this is through, however If all of a sudden it turns out, that all of you who ordered the HHKB version would be fine with the 6U-HHKB, it would be easy for me to make this insted of the 7U top.

Maybe the ones who halped to make the decicsion via google-form back then are now not those who actually order - I can't say. If a healthy amount of the HHKB buyers will voice their wish for 6U instead of 7U top here, I will PM all HHKB orders and ask.

Good idea?

Sounds like a sensible approach. I did not know about how you came to choosing the 7u space bar variant, that is why I was asking. If there was a popular vote, so be it :)

Although it still bugs me that people talk about the HHKB layout although its not really a HHKB layout if you have a 7u space bar  :D

I think Draics idea of using a "filler" 1u key on the right end of the bottom row should work for me.

Offline Zuology

« Reply #334 on: Mon, 28 May 2018, 11:35:15 »

...The PCB also exists without hot-swap socket, so you can build a proper keyboard. I prefer swapping the keyboard instead of swapping the switches, much quicker ;)

Savage  :)) :)) :))
More

Offline r5d

• Reddit: /u/thisman
« Reply #335 on: Tue, 29 May 2018, 05:41:45 »

UPDATE (order list):

many of you made some changes to their order lately, thanks for sticking to the method I asked you for. Here is an updated list of all the orders so far. This time not as picture file. It's a PDF, so now you can just hit "Ctrl+F" or "⌘+F" to find your name quickly.
PDF attached.

I didn't order a "Plate A" with my 2 SKB75...? Did the lines get out of place somehow?
I like keyboards

Offline pertain

« Reply #336 on: Tue, 29 May 2018, 06:34:20 »

UPDATE (order list):

PDF attached.

I didn't order a "Plate A" with my 2 SKB75...? Did the lines get out of place somehow?

I noticed the same thing. My order listed an extra 'Plate B' which was not ordered. I submitted another order omitting the plate, and mentioned it in the comment section.

It's kind of a relief to see somebody else experiencing the same thing. Maybe it was just a mixup.

« Reply #337 on: Tue, 29 May 2018, 06:42:54 »

****, noticed this as well when I compared the original google form data to my PDF output, let me check...

EDIT:
I know what happened. I copied the newer data into the cells, not knowing, that newer empty cells don't overwrite cells that already have content. updated order list shortly...
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 May 2018, 06:55:04 by PlastikSchnittstelle »

« Reply #338 on: Tue, 29 May 2018, 07:23:06 »
UPDATED ORDER LIST

sorry, made some mistakes when copying the google form data to excel. this one should be correct.

Offline Data

« Reply #339 on: Tue, 29 May 2018, 09:12:57 »
Looking good.  Ready for that invoice.  :thumb:

Offline mustcode

« Reply #340 on: Tue, 29 May 2018, 10:35:01 »

...The PCB also exists without hot-swap socket, so you can build a proper keyboard. I prefer swapping the keyboard instead of swapping the switches, much quicker ;)

Savage  :)) :)) :))
Lol. Noooooo, hot swap for life!!!1!

« Reply #341 on: Tue, 29 May 2018, 12:52:29 »
Lol. Noooooo, hot swap for life!!!1!

OOOKAY, just my opinion. Just can't see the appeal of it. But the important thing imo is that we have so many options and approaches on how to build a keyboard. So everyone can explore and quest for getting his optimal tool/keyboard :)

Offline pertain

« Reply #342 on: Tue, 29 May 2018, 16:52:18 »
UPDATED ORDER LIST

sorry, made some mistakes when copying the google form data to excel. this one should be correct.

Thanks. This one looks correct to me.  :thumb:

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #343 on: Wed, 30 May 2018, 19:16:11 »
Order form closed? It’s not June yet :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Harms

« Reply #344 on: Wed, 30 May 2018, 20:10:35 »
Order form closed? It’s not June yet :P

I just checked and it is open.

Offline Poesjuh

[GB] SKB75, SKB65 & SKB60 (Standard, WKL, HHKB, YAS and ORTHOLINEAR)
« Reply #345 on: Wed, 30 May 2018, 20:11:45 »
Order form closed? It’s not June yet

I just checked and it is open.
Must be a phone thing then.

Edit; yeah it was :P

« Last Edit: Wed, 30 May 2018, 20:15:20 by Poesjuh »

Offline FSund

« Reply #346 on: Thu, 31 May 2018, 00:43:48 »
How long will the form stay open?
Join the Mechanical Keyboards Norway Discord server

« Reply #347 on: Thu, 31 May 2018, 07:39:42 »
UPDATE (final sample and invoicing):

Yesterday I talked to the manufacturer. The final sample is still not made (SKB75). I will have it by the end of next week, hopefully. The quote for the higher quantity, I will also only get next week.

I can't start sending out invoices until I have both the final sample and the new quote.
The final sample is so important because with it will be decided if a slight design change will be made or not. Nothing drastic but I want to show it before invoicing.
Only with the final quote I can determine the final price for roughly 150 units. We are just about 20 units away from this at the moment. The reddit GB post I want to do as soon as I have the final sample should help us get there.

A US proxy is also something I wanted to look into. Need to decide about that as well before invoicing can start. A proxy would mean a lot of extra communication, planning and time. That's why I hope the new and cheaper shipping options I told you about here are satisfactory for you. If so, we could get along without proxy. Need some opinions about that.

Orders are still taken for these reasons, obviously.

This is really bugging me out but at the moment I can't do nothing about it, but be patient.

Btw, almost none of you who ordered the HHKB version really cares about the 6U suggestion, right?

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #348 on: Thu, 31 May 2018, 08:04:51 »
Till when will the form most likely be open? Just stumbled this it yesterday and consider it for my YAS but don’t really want to make a quick decision in just one day :O

Offline line

« Reply #349 on: Thu, 31 May 2018, 08:40:40 »
Till when will the form most likely be open? Just stumbled this it yesterday and consider it for my YAS but don’t really want to make a quick decision in just one day :O

"collecting orders via form (2018.04.10 - 2018.06.12)"
Looks like you'll have until the 12th to place an order.