Author Topic: Which keycaps to UHK... Please help me (I am novice)  (Read 3804 times)

Offline fossilcodger

• Classic sci-fi author
Which keycaps to UHK... Please help me (I am novice)
« on: Tue, 27 November 2018, 20:24:40 »
Hi, everybody, I am ambsolutely novice in the keycap-discipline, and in the whole mechanical keyboard science in general. But since I have "open mind" to give a chance for new "geeky" stuffs, I ordered an "UHK" keyboard. It is just "coming soon", the estimated delivery time is in January (approx.), but the point is that I would like change some keycaps on them, with customized text (and pictures). I wouldn't like use stickers, I'm searching some opportunity to order online customized keycaps. I mean, I upload my pictures and the firm create my keycaps, send them me, and I become happy...

So, please tell me which site is suitable my goals? And what type of keycaps I can buy being suitable to UHK?

Thanks!

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
Re: Which keycaps to UHK... Please help me (I am novice)
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 30 November 2018, 14:48:57 »
The keyboard you chose has a lot of non standard keys so finding a key set that fits it is gonna be expensive because you probably have to buy multiple sets to fill in the non standard keys. Unless you go for XDA profile keycaps like this guy did it is doable.

« Last Edit: Fri, 30 November 2018, 14:51:48 by Sup »
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline fossilcodger

• Classic sci-fi author
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 30 November 2018, 19:09:56 »
Actually I would like to change just one keycap: the Enter, with something which has the picture/symbol you can see on my "avatar" in this forum. It is the "emblem" of my scripting programming language.

Offline kasakka

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 17:06:57 »
If you want custom labels then your only option is really WASDKeyboards. The keycaps are quite similar to the stock keycaps on the UHK, so pretty thin but otherwise ok. See the UHK website for the layout to see which size keycaps you need.

Offline fossilcodger

• Classic sci-fi author
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 19:09:06 »
Thank you for the reply, Sir!