Author Topic: KeyKollectiv's Artisan Keycap Project Thread  (Read 55201 times)

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
Re: KeyKollectiv's Artisan Keycap Project Thread
« Reply #100 on: Wed, 23 September 2015, 01:17:17 »
These are awesome ! I hope I can get some when those will be available  :cool:
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline tokidokijake

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #101 on: Wed, 23 September 2015, 03:08:05 »
amazing caps!

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #102 on: Wed, 23 September 2015, 06:19:45 »
Snackeys Series 1. Now in new flavors. Topre and MX. Coming soon!

(Attachment Link)

There are so sweet! Literally. Hehe

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #103 on: Wed, 23 September 2015, 06:43:39 »
Wow these are beautiful kudos and Koala
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #104 on: Wed, 23 September 2015, 06:51:21 »
I have completely missed this thread. Caps look great. I'll be keeping an eye out for future sales.

Offline Kudos

• Godspeed
  • * Maker
  • GAF
« Reply #105 on: Wed, 23 September 2015, 11:35:38 »

(Attachment Link)

dude these are amazing, so juicy

if you could also somehow make a red/white one with seeds (strawberry) that would also be nice

Haha. Funny you mentioned that. We are still working out Strawberry, Dragonfruit and many others. Be sure to check the thread for updates  :thumb:

oh yeah - think you'll ever make other qwer/asdf row keys? I know you have the molds from the hhkb arrow set and im trying to fill my whole board up with blanks  :blank:

When I'm done with this sale, I'll compile and test all the extras. I'll keep you updated on what the final inventory would be. My office floor is literally covered with keycaps  :eek:

amazing caps!

Thanks bud. Keep an eye out for updates :thumb:

(Attachment Link)

There are so sweet! Literally. Hehe

We're thinking of making this a staple to our lineup. Hence the "Series 1" in the name  :p

Wow these are beautiful kudos and Koala

You are too kind Sed! Lots of amazing stuff coming down the pipeline!

I have completely missed this thread. Caps look great. I'll be keeping an eye out for future sales.

Thanks for checking out the thread. All sales will be announced in the Artisan Services thread but you can get a head start by signing up for our newsletter  ;D

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #106 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 14:45:25 »
This might be an odd question but do you have any advice on thickening caps? I am trying to make master keys for Alps cap molds, but Alps caps tend to be thin. I've resorted to first pouring resin to thicken the "roof" of the cap, then applying a million layers of liquid green stuff to thicken the sidewalls.

Offline Kudos

• Godspeed
  • * Maker
  • GAF
« Reply #107 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 22:25:10 »
This might be an odd question but do you have any advice on thickening caps? I am trying to make master keys for Alps cap molds, but Alps caps tend to be thin. I've resorted to first pouring resin to thicken the "roof" of the cap, then applying a million layers of liquid green stuff to thicken the sidewalls.

Hey there! I've done the resin pour for the "roof" and have had mixed results. In terms of the walls, it's a tough one. There's simply no easy way to do it. I've had some luck with epoxy and a nice set of dental tools. Don't be afraid to utilize ample lighting and maybe a magnifying apparatus. You can always take a Drexel to sand out the inside if you've got good hand control. Good luck!

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #108 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 13:44:23 »

I did, however, have to dremel the stem of the left shift a fair bit to get it to fit and stop sticking.

Offline Kudos

• Godspeed
  • * Maker
  • GAF
« Reply #109 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 14:12:51 »
Show Image

I did, however, have to dremel the stem of the left shift a fair bit to get it to fit and stop sticking.

These look great with the pink. Never thought the teal would go that well with it. Pink RF blanks!!!!  :eek:

Offline Kudos

• Godspeed
  • * Maker
  • GAF
« Reply #110 on: Sat, 03 October 2015, 10:29:11 »
Triple shot blanks are harder than I thought. Thanks to Binge for imparting his wisdom. <3<3<3. (Yes, I know, I need to clean the dust off before I shoot next time )112637-0

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #111 on: Sat, 03 October 2015, 12:31:07 »
Triple shot blanks are harder than I thought. Thanks to Binge for imparting his wisdom. <3<3<3. (Yes, I know, I need to clean the dust off before I shoot next time ) (Attachment Link)

Wow, great job! They look amazing for one of your first tries.  :)

Offline Kudos

• Godspeed
  • * Maker
  • GAF
« Reply #112 on: Sat, 03 October 2015, 12:56:37 »
Triple shot blanks are harder than I thought. Thanks to Binge for imparting his wisdom. <3<3<3. (Yes, I know, I need to clean the dust off before I shoot next time ) (Attachment Link)

Wow, great job! They look amazing for one of your first tries.  :)

Thanks so much for the encouragement! I can't take full credit as Binge has been giving me advice along the way :)

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #113 on: Sat, 03 October 2015, 13:06:50 »
dayyyyuuummm
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline Kudos

• Godspeed
  • * Maker
  • GAF
« Reply #114 on: Sat, 03 October 2015, 13:32:23 »
dayyyyuuummm

A landmark for me is a set for Bromono. Jerk wouldn't even let me keep them :(

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #115 on: Sat, 03 October 2015, 14:31:34 »
dayyyyuuummm

A landmark for me is a set for Bromono. Jerk wouldn't even let me keep them :(

:cool:

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #116 on: Thu, 08 October 2015, 09:04:49 »
These caps are incredible. Not a huge fan of a lot of the robo/skull artisans out there but I am really digging the snack caps!
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #117 on: Thu, 08 October 2015, 12:28:16 »

Did you have some method for timing the pours or was it just trial-and-error?

Offline dan002

« Reply #118 on: Thu, 15 October 2015, 09:06:06 »
How about a toothpaste look? You know with the sparkle and the layers of white and blue.  :thumb:
How about Sailor Moon?
« Last Edit: Sat, 17 October 2015, 11:39:35 by dan002 »
Peace, love and keyboards.

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #119 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 06:23:52 »
Boy, have I been missing out!!!

I saw those watermelon ones a minute ago... I just want to eat them!!!
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline Kudos

• Godspeed
  • * Maker
  • GAF
« Reply #120 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 11:48:16 »
Hey guys,

It's certainly been a while since our last update. I figured this would be a good chance to update everyone on what we are currently working on for our next project. For those who aren't signed up for the the newsletter, here's what you missed out on:

As we bid farewell to SnacKeys, Koala-T and I have been experimenting with new methods. The end result is this little critter. A culmination of everything we've learned along the way. We took aspects of every KeyKollectiv release we've had thus far and poured it into this project. Color matching from our Topre modifier keys. Encapsulation from SnacKeys.

We married Koala-T's love for all things adorable and my fascination with the macabre to create Furt. Of course, this photo is just a proof of concept. There are still many details that need to be ironed out and we are nowhere near production. Koala-T tried to convince me to wait before I teased it but I couldn't wait.

But that's not all. KeyKollectiv has already finished prototyping for our next 3 releases so if Furt isn't your cup of tea, we're sure one of them will. Please look forward to an announcement and release in the coming weeks!

117962-0117965-1

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #121 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 11:53:50 »
Hey guys,

It's certainly been a while since our last update. I figured this would be a good chance to update everyone on what we are currently working on for our next project. For those who aren't signed up for the the newsletter, here's what you missed out on:

As we bid farewell to SnacKeys, Koala-T and I have been experimenting with new methods. The end result is this little critter. A culmination of everything we've learned along the way. We took aspects of every KeyKollectiv release we've had thus far and poured it into this project. Color matching from our Topre modifier keys. Encapsulation from SnacKeys.

We married Koala-T's love for all things adorable and my fascination with the macabre to create Furt. Of course, this photo is just a proof of concept. There are still many details that need to be ironed out and we are nowhere near production. Koala-T tried to convince me to wait before I teased it but I couldn't wait.

But that's not all. KeyKollectiv has already finished prototyping for our next 3 releases so if Furt isn't your cup of tea, we're sure one of them will. Please look forward to an announcement and release in the coming weeks!

(Attachment Link) (Attachment Link)

Sick. Epoxy exterior?

Offline Kudos

• Godspeed
  • * Maker
  • GAF
« Reply #122 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 11:55:50 »
Hey guys,

Sick. Epoxy exterior?

Nope. PU for both.

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #123 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 11:58:33 »
Oh my lord. What the HELL is that backlit picture?!

Perfect balance between creepy and cute.

LOVE LIVE FURT.   

Offline raymogi

« Reply #124 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 11:59:23 »
Me likey so much.
Please feed my addiction.

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #125 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 12:22:19 »
How tute!!!
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #126 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 15:48:03 »
Hey guys,

Sick. Epoxy exterior?

Nope. PU for both.

Holy ****. I hope when enough time has passed you'd be willing to give a bit of insight into this technique. Honestly I don't know of any other artisan that's taken embedment to the level that you have.

Offline Kudos

• Godspeed
  • * Maker
  • GAF
« Reply #127 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 15:59:19 »
Hey guys,

Sick. Epoxy exterior?

Nope. PU for both.

Holy ****. I hope when enough time has passed you'd be willing to give a bit of insight into this technique. Honestly I don't know of any other artisan that's taken embedment to the level that you have.

Thank you for the encouragement. I'll be happy to share my findings once I'm able to refine the technique to be more reliable. As it stands, timing is the biggest hurdle. The process is surprisingly temperamental as A deviation of 30 minutes can make or break the end result.

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #128 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 16:47:04 »
Hey guys,

Sick. Epoxy exterior?

Nope. PU for both.

Thank you for the encouragement. I'll be happy to share my findings once I'm able to refine the technique to be more reliable. As it stands, timing is the biggest hurdle. The process is surprisingly temperamental as A deviation of 30 minutes can make or break the end result.

Looking forward to it. You've definitely piqued my interest.

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #129 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 17:47:20 »
Wow, that new cap looks so adorable, but also a bit creepy  :rolleyes:
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #130 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 18:29:23 »

Hey guys,

Bruh.. between furt and the triple shot fantastic work as usual.. those are beautiful. are the triple shots gonna be part of the next sale?
HHKB Pro 1| Poker 2(MX Browns)| Leopold FC200R (MX Blue)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Yup, that tasted purple" -Lulu

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/138889771@N05/

Offline Kudos

• Godspeed
  • * Maker
  • GAF
« Reply #131 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 13:32:16 »

LOVE LIVE FURT.

Don't say uncle kudos never gave ya nothing

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #132 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 13:35:43 »

LOVE LIVE FURT.

Show Image

I don't think there's enough fire emoji's to inform readers how lit this is.

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #133 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 13:48:08 »

LOVE LIVE FURT.

Show Image

I don't think there's enough fire emoji's to inform readers how lit this is.

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #134 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 13:49:01 »

Dis still da MVP

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #135 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 14:06:04 »

LOVE LIVE FURT.

Show Image

GUYS IM DONE WITH KEYBOARDS. TAKE MY TICKET. I'M COLLECTING HAND DRAWN ART NOW. THANK YOU UNCLE KUDOS <3

I already sent you a very sappy message on reddit, but thank you, thank you, thank you! I absolutely love it.
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 December 2015, 14:07:47 by mobbo »

Offline Kudos

• Godspeed
  • * Maker
  • GAF
« Reply #136 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 15:40:01 »
I ain't done! Happy early Christmas CPT

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #137 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 15:41:47 »
I ain't done! Happy early Christmas CPT
Show Image

I just went 6 to midnight. All hail kudos <3

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #138 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 16:09:19 »
plz bby.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline Kudos

• Godspeed
  • * Maker
  • GAF
« Reply #139 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 17:17:18 »
Killing time while at work. Also wanted to test my new tablet.

122860-0

Watch a quick time lapse of the process  :)
Not a valid vimeo URL

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #140 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 17:19:26 »

(Attachment Link)

Not a valid vimeo URL

This is ****ing awesome! Thanks for the timelapse, love seeing a behind the scenes look at art.

What kind of tablet did you get?
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 January 2016, 17:23:08 by dgneo »

Offline Kudos

• Godspeed
  • * Maker
  • GAF
« Reply #141 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 17:26:55 »

(Attachment Link)

Not a valid vimeo URL

This is ****ing awesome! Thanks for the timelapse, love seeing a behind the scenes look at art.

What kind of tablet did you get?

It's an iPad Pro with Apple pencil. App is Procreate. I was skeptical at first but it's as accurate and responsive as my Cintiq Companion 2. Thanks!

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #142 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 17:45:08 »
Nice toy put to good use - that's a lot of detail for a little avatar :))
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Kudos

• Godspeed
  • * Maker
  • GAF
« Reply #143 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 19:27:02 »

Haha thanks. If your username wasn't so damn long, I'd make you one in Orange :P

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #144 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 19:59:59 »

(Attachment Link)

Not a valid vimeo URL

This is so awesome!!! How do you like the Ipad pro?

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #145 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 12:43:23 »

Haha thanks. If your username wasn't so damn long, I'd make you one in Orange :P

Several people across multiple forums have offered to make me an avatar depicting a fruit with a death wish and one was even going to do a comic strip - none of them delivered!  At least you didn't string me along :))
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Kudos

• Godspeed
  • * Maker
  • GAF
« Reply #146 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 12:54:09 »

Several people across multiple forums have offered to make me an avatar depicting a fruit with a death wish and one was even going to do a comic strip - none of them delivered!  At least you didn't string me along :))

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #147 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 16:34:59 »

(Attachment Link)

Haha!  It would be a challenge but I don't think it's worth the effort as it would be so small.  On other forums I was keen as nothing relevant was a suitable representation of me, but a sloth with headphones is pretty close and it's orange!

Thanks for the thought though :)
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline dohbot

« Reply #148 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 16:38:28 »

(Attachment Link)

Haha!  It would be a challenge but I don't think it's worth the effort as it would be so small.  On other forums I was keen as nothing relevant was a suitable representation of me, but a sloth with headphones is pretty close and it's orange!

Thanks for the thought though :)

By the way how did you crop yours?
That GHer who likes sloths... A lot.

Offline Kudos

• Godspeed
  • * Maker
  • GAF
« Reply #149 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 17:43:53 »
Leave it to me to turn a perfectly cute keycap into something creepy. More details to come next week  :thumb:

124435-0