Author Topic: [IC] GMK HALLYU 한류  (Read 150838 times)

Offline aadk5

• AKA: feeebleminded
Re: [IC] GMK HALLYU 한류
« Reply #200 on: Thu, 06 August 2020, 08:58:26 »
Would it be possible to have a base kit version without the hangul sublegends? The design is really nice but I'm not a hangul user so it's a bit awkward to have those on the keycaps.

hmm, a latin alphas kit would probably do well

For a set called "Korean Wave", I doubt they'll change the base to remove the Hangul. However, I can see them adding a separate Latin alpha kit without the sublegends

Offline Bidulomachin

« Reply #201 on: Thu, 06 August 2020, 10:51:31 »
Would it be possible to have a base kit version without the hangul sublegends? The design is really nice but I'm not a hangul user so it's a bit awkward to have those on the keycaps.

hmm, a latin alphas kit would probably do well

For a set called "Korean Wave", I doubt they'll change the base to remove the Hangul. However, I can see them adding a separate Latin alpha kit without the sublegends

Indeed, a base kit without hangul doesn't work for this theme ! You can consider hangul sublegends as an aesthetic element if you don't use it  :)

Offline //gainsborough

• ALPSの日常
« Reply #202 on: Fri, 07 August 2020, 01:05:55 »
Indeed, a base kit without hangul doesn't work for this theme ! You can consider hangul sublegends as an aesthetic element if you don't use it  :)

What about mono hangul?  Sorry if this has already been addressed >_<

Offline jokbal64

« Reply #203 on: Sat, 08 August 2020, 08:58:22 »

I asked this question a while back, and this was the reply from the threadstarter: Glad you like it, thanks ! I'd love to run a hangul only kit, but since the hangul molds don't exist in GMK yet, that would be a super expensive kit and I don't think enough people would be interested to reach the 150 MOQ / would be able to afford it  :(

Offline //gainsborough

• ALPSの日常
« Reply #204 on: Sun, 16 August 2020, 17:27:33 »
Thanks for forwarding the answer, @jokbal64!

Offline hypotrophy

« Reply #205 on: Tue, 18 August 2020, 20:11:32 »
I'm a little late, but I'm attempting to express new interest in this set!

Offline JinJuu

« Reply #206 on: Sat, 22 August 2020, 12:28:17 »
Any updates on photos?

Offline Fredington

• Instagram
« Reply #207 on: Tue, 25 August 2020, 15:01:15 »

I asked this question a while back, and this was the reply from the threadstarter: Glad you like it, thanks ! I'd love to run a hangul only kit, but since the hangul molds don't exist in GMK yet, that would be a super expensive kit and I don't think enough people would be interested to reach the 150 MOQ / would be able to afford it  :(

I am running a mono Hangul kit for my set GMK Red Devils (banner in my signature), so if that makes MOQ, feel free to use it for this set.

Offline sirm1ster

« Reply #208 on: Wed, 26 August 2020, 03:52:55 »
Really nice idea for the entire set.

What would be really nice, and would emphasize the entire Korean Night-scene even more, would be if the keycaps could be backlit. Maybe this requires another set of keycaps to be completely supporting the RGB of supporting keyboards.

I think this would bring the whole topic of Korean Nightlife definitely to the real level.

I'm definitely loving the "love" golden keycap. Is that one also available separately?

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #209 on: Thu, 27 August 2020, 17:02:15 »

What would be really nice, and would emphasize the entire Korean Night-scene even more, would be if the keycaps could be backlit. Maybe this requires another set of keycaps to be completely supporting the RGB of supporting keyboards.

I think this would bring the whole topic of Korean Nightlife definitely to the real level.

I'm definitely loving the "love" golden keycap. Is that one also available separately?

GMK does not produce backlit keycaps. This is due to how their plastic injection process works; they are unable to produce completely clear plastic legends that are of satisfactory quality.

Yes, the RAMA artisan keycaps will be available for purchase separately.

Offline Bidulomachin

« Reply #210 on: Mon, 31 August 2020, 06:53:32 »

Indeed, Thanks for answering :)

GMK does not produce backlit keycaps. This is due to how their plastic injection process works; they are unable to produce completely clear plastic legends that are of satisfactory quality.

Yes, the RAMA artisan keycaps will be available for purchase separately.

Rama artisan keycaps will be available separately yes, thanks for answering too !

Any updates on photos?

I don’t have samples yet, but if you are interested to see the colors on the color chart on a picture I can post it :)

I am running a mono Hangul kit for my set GMK Red Devils (banner in my signature), so if that makes MOQ, feel free to use it for this set.

Thanks for offering this option, I’m not planing to do a mono hangul kit for now but I keep that in mind if needed !

Offline Bedrosian015

« Reply #211 on: Fri, 04 September 2020, 01:20:24 »
Is this 100% going to launch in November?
Sidenote: This is some of the coolest **** I've seen in a long time. Well done!

Offline ilikerustoo

« Reply #212 on: Fri, 04 September 2020, 01:29:19 »
If there is any chance for mono hangul, I'm super down. I think it would look really good on this set

Offline Tyson

« Reply #213 on: Fri, 04 September 2020, 01:31:19 »
If there is any chance for mono hangul, I'm super down. I think it would look really good on this set

Also down for Mono Hangul!

Offline Bidulomachin

« Reply #214 on: Fri, 04 September 2020, 07:11:15 »
Is this 100% going to launch in November?
Sidenote: This is some of the coolest **** I've seen in a long time. Well done!

Yes, it's launching in November ! I'll add the exact dates as soon as I know them !
Thanks !  :D

Offline Bidulomachin

« Reply #215 on: Mon, 07 September 2020, 09:35:10 »
UPDATE !

The GB will take place from Nov 1st until Dec 1st 2020  :thumb:

Offline sagarsiddhpura

« Reply #216 on: Mon, 07 September 2020, 09:49:17 »
Does this GB have a deskmat?

Offline Bidulomachin

« Reply #217 on: Mon, 07 September 2020, 11:15:30 »
Does this GB have a deskmat?

It's on its way ! I worked on it, and now waiting for the sample to decide which ones I'd like to share ! :thumb:

Offline evanh

« Reply #218 on: Thu, 17 September 2020, 16:54:50 »
FWIW, expressing interest!

Offline TechTale

« Reply #219 on: Fri, 18 September 2020, 01:24:04 »
great looking keycaps!
whats the most right symbol on the banner? eyelash?
please make Korean fried chicken novelties ;D
that would complete this set  :thumb:

Offline Cloods

« Reply #220 on: Sat, 19 September 2020, 02:54:44 »
bright legends on dark colours, my fav

Offline biip

• @biipmk
« Reply #221 on: Thu, 24 September 2020, 04:44:56 »
whats the most right symbol on the banner? eyelash?

Yes.

Offline bow3i

« Reply #222 on: Sun, 27 September 2020, 10:08:34 »
Can't wait any longer, I need this set aaaaaaaaaa

Offline Bidulomachin

« Reply #223 on: Mon, 28 September 2020, 07:25:04 »
UPDATE ! Deskmat + Instagram

You can now find GMK Hallyu on Instagram @Bidulomachin ! https://bit.ly/3jaa72x

I also would like to share with you guys the design for the deskmat ! A sweet pattern of "Mugunghwa" (rose of Sharon), which is South Korea's National Flower !
Let me know which color is your favorite so I can decide which one(s) I should run ! You can vote in the comments on Instagram @Bidulomachin  :thumb:

Offline Surostu

• switchkeys.au x keyboardfinder.com
    • keyboardfinder
« Reply #224 on: Mon, 28 September 2020, 17:34:34 »

I also would like to share with you guys the design for the deskmat ! A sweet pattern of "Mugunghwa" (rose of Sharon), which is South Korea's National Flower !
Let me know which color is your favorite so I can decide which one(s) I should run ! You can vote in the comments on Instagram @Bidulomachin  :thumb:

None, these are incredibly boring. Please have another crack.

Edit* they dont look bad, i was just hoping for a more fun mat to go with such a fun set. Its a bit too plain for something with that much vibrancy and fun in those novelties.
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 September 2020, 17:45:45 by Surostu »

Offline Nyeezy

« Reply #225 on: Mon, 28 September 2020, 19:40:38 »

None, these are incredibly boring. Please have another crack.

Edit* they dont look bad, i was just hoping for a more fun mat to go with such a fun set. Its a bit too plain for something with that much vibrancy and fun in those novelties.
I agree, but they’re not necessarily boring. I do however hope you can incorporate the images on the novelties on a navy deskmat? That’s what I was imagining

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Click This

• Oneness with cup rubber
« Reply #226 on: Mon, 28 September 2020, 21:42:57 »
The dark purple deskmat is probably the best of the bunch.

Personally though, I agree with the others that it's kind of boring. They're comfy and safe, but nothing that makes it stand out from other deskmats. Something like a simplified, dark Seoul night cityscape would have been super cool and really in the character of the set.
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 September 2020, 21:47:17 by Click This »

Matrix 1.2og | Matrix 2.0add | KFE CE | Justsystems x Evija HHKB | Realforce 91U | Canoe Gen.1

Offline mehta

« Reply #227 on: Tue, 29 September 2020, 11:25:56 »
ooo i rly like the peach deskmat

Offline Bidulomachin

« Reply #228 on: Wed, 30 September 2020, 09:31:44 »
The dark purple deskmat is probably the best of the bunch.

Personally though, I agree with the others that it's kind of boring. They're comfy and safe, but nothing that makes it stand out from other deskmats. Something like a simplified, dark Seoul night cityscape would have been super cool and really in the character of the set.

I thought that most of people were expecting a "skyline" type of design but to be honest I'm not really a fan of these. The set is more on icons, and simplified shapes, I wanted to keep that minimalist design on the deskmat too ! Plus, I think that the color per row aesthetic is already visually strong enough and I didn't think that a strong design on the mat would match, it would have been too much  :thumb:

Offline Cubic // esc lab

• Formerly 'esclab'
    • esc lab
« Reply #229 on: Wed, 30 September 2020, 21:19:09 »
Beautiful. I'm in.

Offline chaoticgood

« Reply #230 on: Sun, 04 October 2020, 00:20:55 »
are there going to be just latin alphas or is the hangul and latin option the only one

Offline Bidulomachin

« Reply #231 on: Sun, 04 October 2020, 05:12:02 »
are there going to be just latin alphas or is the hangul and latin option the only one

Just latin and hangul !

Offline chaoticgood

« Reply #232 on: Sun, 04 October 2020, 17:55:24 »
awe wish there was a latin only alpha set cause the ones witht he hangul are a bit busy for me. Love the colour way tho! Great looking set and good luck with the IC and sales!

Offline totalemon

• good morning :)
« Reply #233 on: Thu, 08 October 2020, 00:12:08 »
shame there's no latin alphas kit, but I'll probably still join for the novelties and deskmat. good luck for november!

Offline mellowcake

« Reply #234 on: Thu, 08 October 2020, 01:20:30 »
interested!

Offline brighenne

« Reply #235 on: Sat, 10 October 2020, 21:56:14 »
Would also love to see the set with mono Hangul!

Offline Philbeey

« Reply #236 on: Mon, 12 October 2020, 22:06:46 »
Agreed these colours would look fantastic with hangul alphas

Sent from my SM-N986W using Tapatalk

Offline uprock7

« Reply #237 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 17:23:39 »
It might be too late to change the desk mats, but I think it would look amazing if the outer petals were white for each of the flowers
Ducky Mini (2014), Filco Magestouch 2 w/browns, Das Pro 3 w/browns (retired)

Offline Forkman

« Reply #238 on: Tue, 20 October 2020, 06:57:16 »
Great looking keycaps! Have been looking at them for a while and are positive I'll pick them up.
Just have a few questions that I don't seem to find an answer too;
1. Do we know an approximately price for the set and extras?
2. When is it expected to ship? Q1, Q2 ?

Sorry if theese questions have been asked a lot :)

Offline KucherenkoZZZ

« Reply #239 on: Tue, 20 October 2020, 16:09:39 »
Am i blind or there is no 2.25 shift?

Offline lurker333221

« Reply #240 on: Wed, 21 October 2020, 14:39:43 »

The size isn't labeled, but it's the left shift in the base kit

Offline kookiemunstur

« Reply #241 on: Wed, 21 October 2020, 19:58:27 »
Have you thought of adding the same hangul sublegends on the numpad set like GMK Taegeukgi, its the same mould so it shouldn't cost more (But what do i know)? Just a thought, not really fussed about it, I just personally think it just balances out the look if you have a fullsize with the alpha sublegends

Offline Pure_Life

« Reply #242 on: Thu, 22 October 2020, 16:09:15 »
Love this keyset and wondering if there will be a cable collaboration with anyone during the groupbuy

Offline Bidulomachin

« Reply #243 on: Sun, 25 October 2020, 15:07:46 »
5 DAYS LEFT UNTIL THE GB  ;D

The size isn't labeled, but it's the left shift in the base kit

It's already featured in the base kit indeed!

Love this keyset and wondering if there will be a cable collaboration with anyone during the groupbuy

I'm working on it with Space Cables but due to his timeline it probably won't be ready for the group buy unfortunately.

Great looking keycaps! Have been looking at them for a while and are positive I'll pick them up.
Just have a few questions that I don't seem to find an answer too;
1. Do we know an approximately price for the set and extras?
2. When is it expected to ship? Q1, Q2 ?

Sorry if theese questions have been asked a lot :)

I'm waiting for the final pricing, it shouldn't take too long now :)
About the shipping and according to the vendors, we expect safe ETA early Q3!

Have you thought of adding the same hangul sublegends on the numpad set like GMK Taegeukgi, its the same mould so it shouldn't cost more (But what do i know)? Just a thought, not really fussed about it, I just personally think it just balances out the look if you have a fullsize with the alpha sublegends

Thanks for the idea, but I think that it would look a little bit too busy!

Offline ivylab

« Reply #244 on: Sun, 25 October 2020, 15:09:51 »

I don't think Korean keyboards have that. It would be equivalent to having "one, two, three, ..." written on English keycaps.

@Bidulomachin, I know it's pretty late. What would be really cool would be to have an Alt that says 한/영, either instead of Alt or additionally. Did you leave that out on purpose? Do Korean keyboards not have that spelled out either? I would love it. My Korean friends actually asked me how to switch to Korean on my keyboard. Thanks and have a great day, this set is b-e-a-utiful! :)

Offline Click This

« Reply #245 on: Sun, 25 October 2020, 21:49:52 »

I don't think Korean keyboards have that. It would be equivalent to having "one, two, three, ..." written on English keycaps.

@Bidulomachin, I know it's pretty late. What would be really cool would be to have an Alt that says 한/영, either instead of Alt or additionally. Did you leave that out on purpose? Do Korean keyboards not have that spelled out either? I would love it. My Korean friends actually asked me how to switch to Korean on my keyboard. Thanks and have a great day, this set is b-e-a-utiful! :)

Agreed, this is pretty cool and we've been seeing it as an option on some sets now. Hopefully not too late to put it in. My Korean 104UK Hipro has that for both Alt and Ctrl.

Matrix 1.2og | Matrix 2.0add | KFE CE | Justsystems x Evija HHKB | Realforce 91U | Canoe Gen.1

Offline ivylab

« Reply #246 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 07:35:25 »

That as a mockup. I think that some people will find this more useful than the 한류 keycap. If you need any help let me know.
Thanks and have a great day! :)
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 October 2020, 07:43:34 by ivylab »

Offline Click This

« Reply #247 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 13:31:28 »
Show Image

That as a mockup. I think that some people will find this more useful than the 한류 keycap. If you need any help let me know.
Thanks and have a great day! :)

I was actually thinking of the way Fredington did it in Red Devils:

There would be existing molds for it, and easy enough to slot in rather than an extra new novelty in that regard, especially in the slim chance it'd be put in a week before gb date.

Offline ivylab

« Reply #248 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 16:11:59 »
Yeah, that actually looks a lot better. That's where I first saw it, too. It should look like that, that is an awesome-looking Alt 한/영 key in my opinion.
Take my money! :)
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 October 2020, 16:14:30 by ivylab »

Offline Bidulomachin

« Reply #249 on: Wed, 28 October 2020, 06:08:22 »

Thank you !  :D Indeed it's too late to change things now, but thanks to both of you for the idea. I'll keep "Hallyu" !