Author Topic: [IC] GMK HALLYU 한류  (Read 149727 times)

Offline tjchoi2

Re: [IC] GMK HALLYU 한류
« Reply #100 on: Sun, 10 May 2020, 20:57:04 »
I'm in

Offline duckadence

« Reply #101 on: Sun, 10 May 2020, 20:58:02 »
Looks sick! Would like Colevrak, but doubt that would happen with GMK! But you can't win them all ig.

Just a suggestion, maybe an alternate function row legend color like white or off-white to represent stars. Having two rows next to each other with the same colors looks kinda funky imo (Unless there's a color limit. I'm still pretty new to this stuff). But regardless, love the set!

Offline tjchoi2

« Reply #102 on: Sun, 10 May 2020, 21:18:13 »
Looks sick! Would like Colevrak, but doubt that would happen with GMK! But you can't win them all ig.

Just a suggestion, maybe an alternate function row legend color like white or off-white to represent stars. Having two rows next to each other with the same colors looks kinda funky imo (Unless there's a color limit. I'm still pretty new to this stuff). But regardless, love the set!

I'd second a function row in off-white (I think a bright white would distract from the rest of the rows, but a "darker" white might work) or another color that would go well with the rest of the rows.

Offline gex

« Reply #103 on: Sun, 10 May 2020, 23:51:06 »
any chance for ortho/ergo?

Offline Bidulomachin

« Reply #104 on: Mon, 11 May 2020, 03:37:04 »
any chance for ortho/ergo?

Not for this set, I'm sorry :(

I'd second a function row in off-white (I think a bright white would distract from the rest of the rows, but a "darker" white might work) or another color that would go well with the rest of the rows.

Thanks for your suggestions but the colors are set now and I'm not planning on changing them or adding a new one  :) But if you guys want to see more icons I'm open to your suggestions !

Offline mr_fro2000

« Reply #105 on: Mon, 11 May 2020, 05:07:12 »
Any idea/plans when the GB will happen?

Offline Bidulomachin

« Reply #106 on: Mon, 11 May 2020, 05:16:26 »
UPDATE !

The GB will take place in November 2020  :D

Where to buy ?
_ Candykeys (Europe)
_ Cannon Keys (US)
_ Deskhero (CA)
_ zFrontier (Asia)
_ Switchkeys (OC)
« Last Edit: Mon, 11 May 2020, 10:13:01 by Bidulomachin »

Offline dbjowett

« Reply #107 on: Mon, 11 May 2020, 05:46:26 »
I am in! This is great!  :thumb:

Offline stevenT

« Reply #108 on: Mon, 11 May 2020, 07:10:07 »
UPDATE !

The GB will take place in November 2020  :D

Where to buy ?
_ Candykeys (Europe)
_ Cannon Keys (US)
_ Zfrontier (Asia)
_ Switchkeys (OC)
could you add other color spacebars to spacebar kit, like those on gmk metropolis for example.

Offline dantambok

« Reply #109 on: Mon, 11 May 2020, 07:26:18 »
oh for sure!
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

Coming --   Lynx50 (wixx scammed us) / Ladybird60 / JJW Derivative / TGR Shi

100+ GMK sets

Offline Bidulomachin

« Reply #110 on: Mon, 11 May 2020, 10:18:41 »
could you add other color spacebars to spacebar kit, like those on gmk metropolis for example.

As it's a color per row type of design, adding colored spacebars wouldn't fit. And even if a mauve one could, I don't like how it looks, I don't want to overload the design and I think the gradient works arleady by itself  :)

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #111 on: Mon, 11 May 2020, 12:40:54 »
Here's a question that's a bit out of left field: what font did you use for the banner and in the kit renders?

Offline Bidulomachin

« Reply #112 on: Mon, 11 May 2020, 13:13:45 »
Here's a question that's a bit out of left field: what font did you use for the banner and in the kit renders?

The font is called Gaegu  :thumb:  https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Gaegu

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #113 on: Mon, 11 May 2020, 13:44:37 »

The font is called Gaegu  :thumb:  https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Gaegu

Thanks. What a great little font, it fits the theme of the set so well. It's one of the things that made this IC stand out instantly for me. Good job :)

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #114 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 01:15:12 »
This set is getting cuter and cuter. Kind of reminds me of my cyworld days

Offline bajapatty

« Reply #115 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 10:46:04 »
This looks awesome, I'm all in for more hangul sublegends

Offline Bidulomachin

« Reply #116 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 14:16:01 »
UPDATE !

RAMA x GMK Hallyu

2 PVD brass keycaps in gold and rose gold !  :D

Offline noorejji

« Reply #117 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 17:54:50 »
I was hoping for a bolder design language on the Rama caps. Simple brass with a dinky engraving doesn’t really do it for me, and I don’t see it fitting with the rest of the keyset. I would like to see more color and thicker lines; something to highlight the vividness of Korean pop culture. Just my 2 cents.

Offline Felt

« Reply #118 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 20:09:35 »
I was hoping for a bolder design language on the Rama caps. Simple brass with a dinky engraving doesn’t really do it for me, and I don’t see it fitting with the rest of the keyset. I would like to see more color and thicker lines; something to highlight the vividness of Korean pop culture. Just my 2 cents.

Actually agree with this. I think the rama caps should be something different/special. I don't really like the eye lashes novelty design, but even if the brass caps had the bottle or bibim design (my fav), it still wouldnt be enough to make me spend the extra dough when im already buying the novelty kit.

Offline fluxlab

« Reply #119 on: Thu, 14 May 2020, 01:18:26 »
Looks awesome :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Offline spakecdk

• Browns are best
« Reply #120 on: Thu, 14 May 2020, 08:03:52 »
Looks awesome. One comment on the ISO implementation, it's more sensible to do it like GMK Umbra or GMK Deep Navy (US-ISO instead of having one third of a UK-ISO)

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #121 on: Thu, 14 May 2020, 08:31:19 »
UPDATE !

RAMA x GMK Hallyu

Show Image

Show Image

+1 on this. Perhaps a TaeGeuk symbol with the enamel filling in red and blue would be nice...

Offline harlekein

« Reply #122 on: Thu, 14 May 2020, 08:44:35 »
still wishing there will be more mono hangul alphas for kits.

Please.

Offline Ccoelum

« Reply #123 on: Thu, 14 May 2020, 10:13:36 »
I would be interested in this if it used the updated Hangul sub legends like on Blink or pulse.

Offline Surostu

• switchkeys.au x keyboardfinder.com
    • keyboardfinder
« Reply #124 on: Sun, 17 May 2020, 01:24:02 »

Actually agree with this. I think the rama caps should be something different/special. I don't really like the eye lashes novelty design, but even if the brass caps had the bottle or bibim design (my fav), it still wouldnt be enough to make me spend the extra dough when im already buying the novelty kit.

+1 for the bibim cap instead of the lashes. I like the contrast with the rose gold (bright gold is too bright to go with softness of the base imo). Also, its in my sig now, so consider the money already spent for atleast a base. 

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #125 on: Sun, 17 May 2020, 15:52:34 »
UPDATE !

RAMA x GMK Hallyu

Show Image

Show Image

+1 on this. Perhaps a TaeGeuk symbol with the enamel filling in red and blue would be nice...

+1 this idea
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline chalrees

« Reply #126 on: Sun, 17 May 2020, 21:41:42 »
I think this set looks amazing! Would love to see a deskmat with it

Offline AvoidingYou

« Reply #127 on: Mon, 18 May 2020, 11:28:07 »
I really like this, any chance on getting some color-splash type orthos or icon mods? I'd really love to have like, a red/yellow/peach etc colored spacebar. I love the ramacap choices a lot. tbh I'd pay top dollar for a rose gold enter key of the same material.

Offline jokbal64

« Reply #128 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 05:34:40 »
definitely getting this beautiful set! just started learning korean and this set could come in handy. but i have to ask, is there any chance of getting hangul as alphas instead of sublegends?

Offline Bidulomachin

« Reply #129 on: Wed, 20 May 2020, 05:59:08 »
I really like this, any chance on getting some color-splash type orthos or icon mods? I'd really love to have like, a red/yellow/peach etc colored spacebar. I love the ramacap choices a lot. tbh I'd pay top dollar for a rose gold enter key of the same material.

Thanks :) Since it's a color per row design I don't want to put any color on the spacebars because it doesn't fit for me and it's a bit too much ! Glad you like the ramacap choices, but based upon some comments I'm thinking about wether I should only run the rose gold one, or redesign a second one maybe, since the eyelash isn't too much appreciated. Let me know what you think !

+1 for the bibim cap instead of the lashes. I like the contrast with the rose gold (bright gold is too bright to go with softness of the base imo). Also, its in my sig now, so consider the money already spent for atleast a base. 

Thanks for your feedbacks ! I'm not really into putting colors on top of the cap for this set, to me it wouldn't fit with the overall design and spirit, it would be too much. I'm going for the engraving only to keep it minimalist since the gradient is already quite bold in the design. But I do hear your feedbacks about the eye lash and I'm reconsidering it like I said just before :)
About the TaeGeuk idea, to be honest I'm not a fan of its shape, and it's a bit too easy and obvious to represent Korea to my mind ! I think that self made icon makes it a bit more special and interesting !

definitely getting this beautiful set! just started learning korean and this set could come in handy. but i have to ask, is there any chance of getting hangul as alphas instead of sublegends?

Glad you like it, thanks ! I'd love to run a hangul only kit, but since the hangul molds don't exist in GMK yet, that would be a super expensive kit and I don't think enough people would be interested to reach the 150 MOQ / would be able to afford it  :(

I would be interested in this if it used the updated Hangul sub legends like on Blink or pulse.

I understand that maybe this version could look nice but since it ignores double-consonant characters and other tertiary legends, I'm not sure if it's a good idea to use it !

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #130 on: Wed, 20 May 2020, 10:47:48 »
Please do not use the MiTo Hangul legends that omit double consonants and tertiaries.

Offline yenel

« Reply #131 on: Wed, 20 May 2020, 12:01:08 »
I'm a huge fan of the PVD rose gold rama cap fwiw!
Plastic GH60 | Rukia 1.5 | Orion v2.5 | Kei | Aria | Ciel Proto | Room40 | Jelly60 & Pro | TFV2 | Phantom TKL

G80-1800 | IBM M122 | AEK M0115 | AEK II M3501 | Zenith Z-150 | SGI Granite & Beige

Offline thejuicebox

« Reply #132 on: Wed, 20 May 2020, 14:14:41 »
Please do not use the MiTo Hangul legends that omit double consonants and tertiaries.

i second this bigtime

Offline Bidulomachin

« Reply #133 on: Wed, 20 May 2020, 14:27:09 »

i second this bigtime

I won’t ! I’ll keep the sublegends as they are now :)

Offline Surostu

• switchkeys.au x keyboardfinder.com
    • keyboardfinder
« Reply #134 on: Sat, 23 May 2020, 03:15:58 »
I shared the set on instagram, wondering if you have an account for keycap stuff so i can tag?

Offline stevenT

« Reply #135 on: Sat, 23 May 2020, 07:13:15 »
beautiful, it is hard to believe a dark background keyset can sit so well with black keyboard :thumb:

Offline Bidulomachin

« Reply #136 on: Sat, 23 May 2020, 12:34:17 »
I shared the set on instagram, wondering if you have an account for keycap stuff so i can tag?

Oh thanks for sharing ! I don’t have an insta for keycaps rn so it’s fine! Can you share yours so I can see the post?  :D

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #137 on: Sun, 24 May 2020, 05:49:26 »
I didn't change the R4 \|₩ but the R3 \|₩ to R3~# instead to avoid duplicate legends
Looks awesome. One comment on the ISO implementation, it's more sensible to do it like GMK Umbra or GMK Deep Navy (US-ISO instead of having one third of a UK-ISO)

We now have some actual user statistics for this: link. OP, you may want to read this and reconsider your stance on R3 \|₩, R4 <>.

Offline JvMil

« Reply #138 on: Sun, 24 May 2020, 06:58:41 »
Looks amazing, looking out for this one. Great combination on a black keyboard.

Offline wormo

« Reply #139 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 22:18:08 »
I just registered an account to say how much I love this. Count me in! Deskmats too, please! I'm relieved that the base set has all keys needed for my 75% :D

Offline Sanctified

« Reply #140 on: Sun, 31 May 2020, 12:43:18 »
This is a sick set honestly, probably the hangul kit I've been waiting for :thumb:
Also a fellow frenchman ;D
« Last Edit: Sun, 31 May 2020, 13:12:11 by Sanctified »

Offline Arithmetics

« Reply #141 on: Wed, 03 June 2020, 23:52:45 »
def in for both RAMAs.

love the simple design think they could work on a lot of boards.

deskmat for this could be fire as well.

Offline dbjowett

« Reply #142 on: Thu, 04 June 2020, 00:06:52 »
I would prefer specialty soju and guksu keycaps over either of the other two.

Offline yqliang

« Reply #143 on: Thu, 04 June 2020, 01:50:58 »
Nice set! interested!
Nightfox Zealios 65g | Input Club K-Type Halo True | CM Masterkeys Pro S MX Brown x Norbauer Case | SA Carbon | SA Hyperfuse | XDA MiTo Godspeed | DSA K Bares Miami Dolch | ePBT WoB
Want: Satisfaction 75 | Space65 | GMK Dot

Offline glazeds0n

« Reply #144 on: Fri, 05 June 2020, 13:55:13 »
Love it, super basic 40s compat would be appreciated :)

Thanks ! Unfortunately, I think it would struggle to reach 250 MOQ  :(

250 MOQ is for the base kit, 100 would be for child kits. For super basic 40s reference something like GMK Deep Navy

https://cannonkeys.com/products/gb-gmk-deep-navy?variant=31505722474607

or simply adding a single 1.25 R3 "Tab" to the base kit would give all the necessary row profiling, then with the addition of the bars kit it would be fill in the rest.

Would second this suggestion, would highly appreciate that 1.25u r3 tab. I know it's hard to reach that 150 MOC for a 40s kit, but this would be a good middle-ground

Offline seanpandas

« Reply #145 on: Fri, 05 June 2020, 14:02:52 »

250 MOQ is for the base kit, 100 would be for child kits. For super basic 40s reference something like GMK Deep Navy

or simply adding a single 1.25 R3 "Tab" to the base kit would give all the necessary row profiling, then with the addition of the bars kit it would be fill in the rest.

Would second this suggestion, would highly appreciate that 1.25u r3 tab. I know it's hard to reach that 150 MOC for a 40s kit, but this would be a good middle-ground

I would like to third this, a 1.25u r3 tab seems like a good compromise and would make me very happy :)

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #146 on: Sat, 06 June 2020, 06:32:38 »

I would like to third this, a 1.25u r3 tab seems like a good compromise and would make me very happy :)

Just wondering, do you guys prefer R3 1.25u Tab over R3 1.25u Fn?

Offline glazeds0n

« Reply #147 on: Sat, 06 June 2020, 19:59:51 »

Just wondering, do you guys prefer R3 1.25u Tab over R3 1.25u Fn?

Would say r3 1.25u tab is preferable, r4 fn is already covered  :thumb:

Offline Sanctified

« Reply #148 on: Mon, 08 June 2020, 15:12:09 »
Do you have the exact codes of the colours you used ? Would be nice to get an idea of what it (especially the base colour) looks like IRL

Offline gleefulee

« Reply #149 on: Mon, 08 June 2020, 15:27:11 »
ultra spicy!