Author Topic: What makes you happy?  (Read 554552 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: What makes you happy?
« Reply #250 on: Thu, 18 September 2014, 19:08:50 »
Recently:

- Friends visiting
- Traveling
- Road trips in my new car
- CDs and new ice creams to try

:-*

Today: My pay raise is here!! Now to decide how I can blow it all ;)

Remember those friends?  ;)

OH!  Seriously though, you should blow it on Hori.  :D

Did Cpt get a japanese girlfriend, or is that the arcade stick...

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #251 on: Thu, 18 September 2014, 22:25:28 »
A full fridge.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #252 on: Thu, 18 September 2014, 22:42:00 »
Empty fridge, full stomach :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #253 on: Sat, 20 September 2014, 08:42:34 »
Detailed, observant, pseudo-intellectual conversation.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline iri

« Reply #254 on: Sat, 20 September 2014, 09:44:00 »
Drinking in a random yard after dark. This yard last night had a teeny tiny park and a pond.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #255 on: Mon, 29 September 2014, 09:48:33 »
Lately:

- Adventures with new and old friends
- Neo Geo Pocket Color and Nintendo 3DS
- Family time
- Bacon, egg, and cheese on an everything bagel
- Listening to Spotify while working hard

Today: My pay raise is here!! Now to decide how I can blow it all ;)

Remember those friends?  ;)

OH!  Seriously though, you should blow it on Hori.  :D

Hehe. I just spent money on a ticket to visit you silly. And yes, we will be Hori bros like we're Envibros  :-*.

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #256 on: Mon, 29 September 2014, 10:25:21 »
fixing things (broadly speaking, aka making sure **** is right) in general
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline sunshine

• my site
« Reply #257 on: Tue, 30 September 2014, 01:39:12 »
eating ......and sleeping :p
cool~

Offline slickmamba

« Reply #258 on: Wed, 01 October 2014, 11:25:28 »
Being on fall break. 

Can't wait for winter break to be here where I will be on break for work and school. 
Hi :)

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #259 on: Thu, 02 October 2014, 05:12:50 »
Surprised that it hasn't been said before...

HAPPY HOUR!!!

78632-0

P.S. If you're jelly, come to Manila and many beers shall be had!

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #260 on: Thu, 02 October 2014, 05:26:32 »
Sure could use a beer right now.  I'll be right over, infiniti. :cool:

And I'm happy just...because. :)

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #261 on: Thu, 02 October 2014, 05:30:23 »
Sure could use a beer right now.  I'll be right over, infiniti. :cool:

And I'm happy just...because. :))

Hurry! There's a bucket promo!

(There's always a bucket promo)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #262 on: Thu, 02 October 2014, 05:30:40 »
Surprised that it hasn't been said before...

HAPPY HOUR!!!

(Attachment Link)

P.S. If you're jelly, come to Manila and many beers shall be had!

ah yes.. that used to be every hour of every thursday and friday..

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #263 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 06:02:24 »

BRUH
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #264 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 07:36:37 »
School keyboards :D  :D

78753-0

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #265 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 08:14:10 »
School keyboards :D  :D

(Attachment Link)
wow you guys have the exaxct same **** over there as over here
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #266 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 08:21:07 »
Being so close yet so far to having my own mill in my garage.  This is the hardest wait I have had yet on this site.  I have probably 2 months or so until I have all the funds for the purchase.

I will be getting the Sherline 2000 with factory installed DRO.  Then it will be time to start saving up for material to build a good proper table for it.  I am thinking 1/2" thick ground aluminum plate with 1/2" x 2" bar stock on edge around the bottom perimiter of the plate with a strip running down the middle both directions with 3"x3"x1/4"ish aluminum angle for legs.  Not sure what to use for cross bracing yet.  Though I do want to build a shelf/drawer into it for storage of tools/cutters/parts pieces.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline frosty

• jukebox hero
« Reply #267 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 11:35:01 »
What makes frosty happy...

Is the happiness of other people. :>

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #268 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 14:56:47 »
WINDOWS 2000 MAKES ME HAPPY.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #269 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 15:00:35 »
Hoffman's car starting makes me happy.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #270 on: Sat, 04 October 2014, 22:57:41 »
WINDOWS 2000 MAKES ME HAPPY.

Windows 2000 was nice.  In some ways I prefer it over Windows XP.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #271 on: Sat, 04 October 2014, 23:35:12 »

Hoffman's car starting makes me happy.

:D

Took it long enough though!

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #272 on: Sat, 04 October 2014, 23:42:32 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 September 2015, 10:42:01 by esoomenona »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #273 on: Sat, 04 October 2014, 23:45:55 »
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #274 on: Sat, 04 October 2014, 23:48:16 »
Having my posts exist.

Need moar stickies though!

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #275 on: Sat, 04 October 2014, 23:48:44 »
finally finishing projects
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline iri

« Reply #276 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 03:08:59 »
Not giving a flying **** about fake novelty keycaps.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #277 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 06:45:40 »
Today? Being told that I don't have to attend a 0630 meeting.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #278 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 07:17:21 »
Finding out that the racing league I was a member of, and then kicked out of and banned for life from is/has totally fallen appart without my presence... Hahahaha

Offline iri

« Reply #279 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 08:42:59 »
Finding out that the racing league I was a member of, and then kicked out of and banned for life from is/has totally fallen appart without my presence... Hahahaha
why were you banned from it?

-Ray Bradbury

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #280 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 09:37:46 »
why were you banned from it?

It was a Le Mans series run in Gran Turismo 6, each season would span about 7 months and the races would be about an hour or so long

Kind of a long story, but after I won the championship we went into the next season with new cars, I went from having the slowest to one of the fastest and so did another driver. This driver spent the whole (almost) of the first race basically making sure I couldn't get the win and then 2nd place.
After the race I confronted him, and posted it publicly so everyone could see that he clearly he intended to ruin my race and then posted a video of the race with the BBC Grandstand music. It might not mean much to anyone who dsn't play GT6 much but it shows him crashing into me several times... it also shows him smashing me into a wall... him bouncing off onto the grass and then accelerating on the grass so that he can t-bone me at the following hairpin.
I said either he has a race ban or I leave the championship as I didn't want to play bumper cars... I then got perma banned.

He now leads the championship, 80-90% of the league has left, races have barely happened (from what I can gather) and people have said it's worse without me being around... :D

Offline iri

« Reply #281 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 10:31:16 »
Why did I even think you were an actual racer?..

-Ray Bradbury

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #282 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 10:50:17 »
Probably because I'd have to had done something pretty terrible I'd never admit to, to be banned from a real racing league lol

Offline Rebral

• .::.::.::.::.
« Reply #283 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 11:24:35 »
Waking up to an email saying one of my classes got canceled.

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #284 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 12:17:37 »
Waking up to an email saying one of my classes got canceled.
Classes called college?
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #285 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 00:13:08 »
My happiest moments usually start at 8am when i get home from work. I pour a cup of coffee and sit at my desk. I look through my rack of keyboards and pick the one i feel like using that day. Ill usually throw on a new set or a couple new artisans and fire up a video game. After an hour or two the sun will begin to fully shine into my room and i pull out the nikon to work on some shots until i pass out. When i wake up i eat and check my notebook and get to work on casting until i have to leave for work again. That is a perfect day
sell out and eat ass

Offline jackalope

• Now with 20% more soul.
« Reply #286 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 00:34:25 »
My son and his curiosity, large amounts of caffeine, cheap sci-fi books and b-horror.
eh o well

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #287 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 02:14:01 »
a set of freshly cleaned linens.

Offline terrpn

• Alpha Geezer
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • - Buy Vintage -
« Reply #288 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 12:07:52 »
............more keyboards :cool:
More

Luga G80-1865/MX Reds + Dolch G80-1813/MX Blues + G80-3700HQAUS + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Browns Thick PBT + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Clears Thick PBT +  QFR TKL/Ghetto Greens + Cherry G80-1800/MX Blues + IBM Model M SSK Bolt Modded + IBM Model M + IBM Model F + IBM AT F + Cherry G80-1000 (HAD)/MX Vintage Blacks + Razer BWU/MX Blues + Leading Edge DC2214/Blue Alps + Compaq MX11800/Browns + Chicony 5181/Monterey Blues + Chicony 5161/MX Black Cherry Clone + Focus 2001/White Alps + Chicony 5191/White Futabas + Olivetti ANK27-101 + Dell (Old Logo) AT101/Black Alps + NMB RT8255C+/Black Space Invaders + Unitek K260/Green Alps + Apple M0116/Orange Alps + AEK II M3501/Cream Alps + AEK M0115/Orange Alps + NEC  APC412/Blue Sliders + NEC APC410/Blue Sliders + Omnikey /White Alps + Wang/Yellow Alps (Omrons) + Laser/White SMK + Fame/Blue Aruz + AEK II M3501/Salmon Alps + Zenith ZKB-2R/Green Alps + Wang 724/Orange Alps + DK1087/Green Alps + Zenith ZKB-2/Yellow Alps + Dell Old Logo AT101/Salmon-Pink Alps + Leading Edge AK1012/White SMK's + Magitronic SK-1030/White (Linear) Futaba's + Packard Bell/White (Clicky) Futaba's + Datacomp DFK101/White  Alps + SGI AT101/Dampened White Alps + NMB AQ6RT-72511/Grey Space Invaders (Hi-Tek) + Datacomp/Blue Alps + Phillips 2812/White Space Invaders (Linear) + Dah Yang K251/Vintage MX Blues + Chicony 5161/DS Caps/Vintage MX Blue + Archie-NMB AQ659ZRT-725/Black Space Invader (Tactile) + IBM Model M 71G4644 (RD) Bolt Modded with Soarers Converter + IBM Model M Silver Label 1390131 + Cherry G80-1501/Vintage MX Clears + Focus FK8000/Linear Futabas + Gateway 2000 Anykey Programmable/Maxi-Switch + Dell GY13PVAT101/Dye Sub Caps/Salmon Alps + Chicony 5161/White Alps + AST K0B101/Slider over RD + Qtronix QX-32H + Everex/NMB RT8255CW+ Black Space Invaders-Split Erase + Tandon/NMB AQ659ZRT-101A/Beige Space Invaders + Cherry G80-11903 MNRUS/MX Blacks + Apple IIGS A9M0330/SMK Whites + WYSE PCE/MX Blacks + Chicony 5160AXT/Clicky Futaba + Cherry G80-0528/Vintage MX Blacks + Dell AT101/Linear (Modded) Black Alps+Topre 55g

Offline The Mad Professor

• Ex Scientia, Rabies
« Reply #289 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 12:13:31 »
What makes me happy?

when people pay attention to me.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?" - Schlock Mercenary

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #290 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 14:05:31 »
What makes me happy?

when people pay attention to me.

Show Image

hrrrm...

this must be evolution to encourage social behavior to produce synergistic relationships..

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #291 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 14:10:04 »
paicrai being muted
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #292 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 14:12:11 »
Today in a gaming podcast, I learned that in the Versus variant of Duck Hunt, you could shoot the dog!!! :D **** that dog...I'll teach you to laugh at me.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #293 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 14:12:31 »

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #294 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 14:14:53 »
Today in a gaming podcast, I learned that in the Versus variant of Duck Hunt, you could shoot the dog!!! :D **** that dog...I'll teach you to laugh at me.

Offline The Mad Professor

• Ex Scientia, Rabies
« Reply #295 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 14:19:48 »

Wanna know why the dog made it into Super Smash Bros?

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?" - Schlock Mercenary

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #296 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 16:39:59 »

Offline keyton

« Reply #297 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 23:33:52 »

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #298 on: Fri, 17 October 2014, 06:24:53 »
This week:

- Podcasts and Youtube videos about retro gaming
- Road trip
- Looking forward to seeing Hoff next week