Author Topic: RainDrop - Blue & White Key Cap Set (SHIPPED)  (Read 207875 times)

Offline aggiejy

• ** Moderator Emeritus
Re: RainDrop - Blue & White Key Cap Set (SHIPPED)
« Reply #700 on: Sat, 06 July 2013, 12:16:07 »
As I've mentioned before, they are exactly as mocked up originally.  Blank, except the shifts:

Only a handful purchased...

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #701 on: Sat, 06 July 2013, 12:19:13 »
Thanks for the pic, but I was wondering what it looks like on a complete board. I think it destroys the symmetry if some legends are blank and some are not...

Offline aggiejy

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #702 on: Sat, 06 July 2013, 12:43:34 »
Ah, got ya.  I haven't seen any I don't think.

Offline findingthelimit

• Rawr
« Reply #703 on: Wed, 10 July 2013, 16:47:21 »
sold~
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 July 2013, 09:22:40 by findingthelimit »
Poker 2 reds, GH60 42g ergo clears

Offline bigx333

« Reply #704 on: Wed, 10 July 2013, 16:49:18 »
I need a tsangan or at least the 1800 shift :(
2TU | LZ-GH

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #705 on: Wed, 10 July 2013, 18:37:35 »
The set is wonderful, the pink fake vampire teeth as well XD

Offline reiuorw

« Reply #706 on: Wed, 10 July 2013, 18:49:19 »
I need WoB, Bow both tsangan kit. some one who havs it, but doesn't need please PM me. (don't have to need 1800 shift)
« Last Edit: Wed, 10 July 2013, 19:07:10 by reiuorw »

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #707 on: Thu, 11 July 2013, 06:01:07 »
I was not on the board when this set came out for group buy and I guess techkeys is already out. I am interested in purchasing any part of your order that is left over. I particularly need a return key, umbrella, both control keys, spacebar -blue or white, 2 windows keys, a function key, and both shift keys. I prefer blue but will take either. Alpha sets are also welcome. Thanks.

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #708 on: Sun, 14 July 2013, 22:44:25 »
I would be happy to purchase a Tsangan set if someone wants to sell it. If not does anyone have a blue "Fn" key they would sell?

Offline gnubag

« Reply #709 on: Mon, 15 July 2013, 01:19:35 »
please get 60 posts and post in classifieds section.

Offline Glissant

« Reply #710 on: Mon, 15 July 2013, 01:25:02 »
It's quite fair to ask in this thread instead of making a whole new thread just for what he is asking in my opinion.

Double posting is however frowned upon more than asking to buy something in the group buy thread ;).

Offline findingthelimit

• Rawr
« Reply #711 on: Mon, 15 July 2013, 09:21:46 »
didn't mean to reply, meant to edit an above post - ignore me!
Poker 2 reds, GH60 42g ergo clears

Offline Kempher

« Reply #712 on: Tue, 16 July 2013, 00:10:51 »
Were there any leftovers for sale from this gb?
SQ-1800 /w Gateron Blacks

Offline aggiejy

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #713 on: Tue, 16 July 2013, 00:28:56 »
Nope.

Offline Sneaky Potato

• * Maker
  • Gunslinger
« Reply #714 on: Sun, 21 July 2013, 00:58:50 »
100% in if there's a restart!!

Offline rovopio

« Reply #715 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 02:10:13 »
if somebody can arrage this GB again im definitely in >_<

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #716 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 03:07:48 »

Be patient. Round 2 will definately happen. Hopefully with Cherry Legends  :)

Offline audukent

« Reply #717 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 11:08:13 »

I'd be very interested in this GB if it restarted with Cherry Legends.
[LZ-GH - 62g mx greens and 62g mx clears]    [Ducky Shine - mx browns]    [RACE mxMini - mxreds]  [POKER II - mx Blacks]    [KPAD - 62g mx blacks]

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #718 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 11:15:39 »

I'd be very interested in this GB if it restarted with Cherry Legends.

I have a feeling we'll see a flood of new GB's when the legends are ready  :thumb:
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #719 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 11:18:43 »
i think its a shame when we keep doing multiple rounds of stuff, there is something special about things being a 1 off, continually recycling the same idea makes it lose all its charm
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #720 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 11:21:21 »
i think its a shame when we keep doing multiple rounds of stuff, there is something special about things being a 1 off, continually recycling the same idea makes it lose all its charm

All the more reason to get some Cherry legends up in this piece!
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #721 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 11:27:49 »
continually recycling the same idea makes it lose all its charm

That is true, but doing everything only once would just lead to insane prices in the classifieds. There shouldn't be an elitist group of people who own certain sets because they were lucky enough to be around / have enough funds when they happened.

I think the best approach is to redo the most popular sets with little changes: Keep the color scheme (for which most people buy a set) but change the special keys. Like in this case replace the raindrop with a wave or something :)

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #722 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 11:30:07 »

That is true, but doing everything only once would just lead to insane prices in the classifieds. There shouldn't be an elitist group of people who own certain sets because they were lucky enough to be around / have enough funds when they happened.

I think the best approach is to redo the most popular sets with little changes: Keep the color scheme (for which most people buy a set) but change the special keys. Like in this case replace the raindrop with a wave or something :)

That's a good idea on the wave. And I agree with you on the classifieds part, this community is only going to keep growing and it's already pretty competitive picking up rare sets in the marketplace.

Offline MTManiac

• can't is the cancer of happen
« Reply #723 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 11:34:42 »

I agree with you bunny
A compromise could be having a re-run for only the alphas;
It would let those who missed out still get a piece of the action while maintaining some charm of the set (scarcity of the unique mods)
That being said, if enough people get money together and throw it at a supplier (GB), I doubt they would say no to the $.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #724 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 12:09:42 »
I don't get why you guys won't grant everybody the chance to enjoy a beautiful set?

The idea of having something others aren't allowed to have is so childish in my opinion. Shouldn't we share as a community?

If you wanna have something rare buy a 100$ clack but leave the sets to us poor users :D

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #725 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 12:15:48 »
I don't get why you guys won't grant everybody the chance to enjoy a beautiful set?

The idea of having something others aren't allowed to have is so childish in my opinion. Shouldn't we share as a community?

If you wanna have something rare buy a 100$ clack but leave the sets to us poor users :D

nobody is denying you anything, i was offering my opinion, the same way you are so keen to offer yours, im sorry i disagree with you, and i am not about making elitist groups, i dont wanna cap gbs at a certain number, but i think by constantly rerunning gbs, it doesnt encourage people to order while they have the chance, which is the lifeblood of any groupbuy, the goal is to hit as high of a number as you can, the trouble with it becoming common place to continually rerun gbs is that when a gb comes up, its easy to think i wont take the risk this time, ill see how it comes out and jump on the next run

Offline MTManiac

• can't is the cancer of happen
« Reply #726 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 12:21:37 »

I don't think anyone is denying anybody, like I said if you give your money to the company making it you can get a set (except for the copyright protected images)
The reason people do group buys is because it's cost prohibitive to get a single set made, but again if you throw a couple hundo at SP I bet you can get any set they've done before made special for you
Clacks and all other copyright keys are under their control like you said

yea, a $100 clack would be rare, it'd have to be all beat up to be that cheap :-p

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #727 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 12:23:38 »
Sorry, I didn't mean to come off rude. English is not my first language...

i think by constantly rerunning gbs, it doesnt encourage people to order while they have the chance, which is the lifeblood of any groupbuy, the goal is to hit as high of a number as you can

That is a good point though. But it has to be stated in the OP. This "one time only" thing actually made me buy a set in the Commando 23 GB.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #728 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 12:34:23 »
Sorry, I didn't mean to come off rude. English is not my first language...

i think by constantly rerunning gbs, it doesnt encourage people to order while they have the chance, which is the lifeblood of any groupbuy, the goal is to hit as high of a number as you can

That is a good point though. But it has to be stated in the OP. This "one time only" thing actually made me buy a set in the Commando 23 GB.

i know you werent being rude sir, and i enjoy discussing your point, i get both sides i really do, but i definitely end up sitting on one side of the fence

Offline phx

« Reply #729 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 12:57:22 »
I personally don't mind re-runs of GBs, sure it will lower the value of my set but who is in here to buy and sell for profit? I rather have the love spread so everyone can enjoy/show off their awesome boards and help grow the community.
that said... I'm patiently waiting on round 2 of Valentines  ;)

Offline aggiejy

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #730 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 13:06:31 »
I don't mind re-runs either, but as I stated previously, I'm not going to do another group buy.  So if someone wants this set made, step up and get prepared to lose money and time! ;-)

That said, some Chinese company wanted permission to use my logos and such to do a reprint.  I told them no (since it wouldn't be a group buy here) but that of course doesn't preclude them from doing the set with other legends.  I don't know if that progressed, but the point is that perhaps you'll see copies start showing up on ebay or taobao eventually.

Offline audukent

« Reply #731 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 13:15:31 »
I guess I would agree with BunnyLakes here.  I'm sad I've missed several group buys (this one included) at this point (due to financial reasons/timing), but I guess that's what makes the classifieds section, group buys section, and the community as a whole so appealing to me.   

With the classifieds, I've seen sets up for sale and typically at cost or even less.  Sometimes, yes they will be at a premium, but that's the cost for not joining the GB and showing your dedication for purchasing that set.  Yeah, you might not have been a GHer when the gb was active, but now you are. There are plenty of sets to be had in the future and I think providing options allows for a more diverse community. So if your interested in a old set, check out the classified section - someone might be willing to part with theirs.

In terms of the group buys, I'd really like to see different sets coming out versus repeats.  These group buys take a long time to put together and frankly, if you go for something because it catches your eye, that's your choice.  Your rewarded with having the set.  The point of the gb's aren't to create envy or to sell at premiums.  If you didn't join the group buy and decided you want the set later, refer to the classified!

Tie all of this together and you'll realize this is exactly the reason why some people are a part of this forum. (not necessarily me)
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 August 2013, 13:20:40 by audukent »
[LZ-GH - 62g mx greens and 62g mx clears]    [Ducky Shine - mx browns]    [RACE mxMini - mxreds]  [POKER II - mx Blacks]    [KPAD - 62g mx blacks]

Offline pasph

« Reply #732 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 14:29:29 »
Simply stop buying (what you think are) overpriced items in the classified, don't feed (who you think are) the greedy people
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline audukent

« Reply #733 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 15:11:25 »
Simply stop buying (what you think are) overpriced items in the classified, don't feed (who you think are) the greedy people

Truth.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #734 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 17:30:00 »
After a GB with a set like this, some sets appear in classifieds for sald, or mostly for trade.

Then everyone who wants a set has a set, and everyone who missed out are sad pandas.

A re-run a year or more later would allow the new generation of keyboard enthusiasts to share in the joy of owning that particular set.

Adding Cherry legends on top makes it that much more desirable, even for those who managed to get in on the first GB.

Plus some of those who purchased the first set might sell them cheaply in order to obtain the second Cherry-legended set, making an entry into collecting slightly more attractive for new members.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #735 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 19:19:33 »
um.. any chance to have round 2?

Offline rovopio

« Reply #736 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 19:37:51 »
not everybody was a member when the GB started, ended even <== case in point.

Offline aggiejy

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #737 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 20:08:18 »
Yeah, if this set is done again, I hope whoever does it finds a better blue.  This one was a bit dull.  But, it was the least dull of the blues on my color ring except for the solid blue color, which seemed a bit too much.  The perfect blue would IMO would be something like the GMK blue arrow keys that EliteKeyboards has sold.  Not sure if that would require getting SP to do a special mix or what.  (And cherry legends!)

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #738 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 20:13:17 »
maybe get a gmk raindrop set? but i know it will be much more expensive and complicated.

Offline lilky

« Reply #739 on: Tue, 17 September 2013, 12:35:18 »
Will there ever be a round 2 of this GB? Please let there be one...

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #740 on: Tue, 17 September 2013, 13:11:27 »
Will there ever be a round 2 of this GB? Please let there be one...

Eventually maybe, but at this time probably not. Read the replies before yours and you'll understand why.

Offline skuko

« Reply #741 on: Fri, 20 September 2013, 02:11:25 »

nobody is denying you anything, i was offering my opinion, the same way you are so keen to offer yours, im sorry i disagree with you, and i am not about making elitist groups, i dont wanna cap gbs at a certain number, but i think by constantly rerunning gbs, it doesnt encourage people to order while they have the chance, which is the lifeblood of any groupbuy, the goal is to hit as high of a number as you can, the trouble with it becoming common place to continually rerun gbs is that when a gb comes up, its easy to think i wont take the risk this time, ill see how it comes out and jump on the next run

correct me if i'm wrong, but i don't think this is a valid concern. the GB followup (or round x, if you will) is never certain (at least not from what i saw in my short stay here so far) and even if it is, there's no way to tell WHEN it's happening. this leads me to think that it's ok to have additional rounds, if they're not too frequent (which hasn't happened so far, has it?)

take me as an example. only into the whole mech boards thingy last year, got here only a couple of months ago and there's a ton of stuff i missed out on during 2013 so far (ccng round 2 pisses me off the most) and i'd love to have next rounds, but i'm in no hurry by any means and willing to wait. if there's no additional rounds, so be it, i'll keep an eye out on the classifieds :)

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #742 on: Sat, 21 September 2013, 08:19:47 »
Finally get to use my raindrop set!
Looks really good
36308-0

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #743 on: Sat, 21 September 2013, 08:44:07 »
Looks really good
(Attachment Link)

Need a blue cable sir  ;)
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #744 on: Sat, 21 September 2013, 08:54:07 »
Looks really good
(Attachment Link)

Need a blue cable sir  ;)

TheFlyingRaccoon is making it as we speak  :))

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #745 on: Sat, 21 September 2013, 23:38:27 »
I don't mind re-runs either, but as I stated previously, I'm not going to do another group buy.  So if someone wants this set made, step up and get prepared to lose money and time! ;-)

That said, some Chinese company wanted permission to use my logos and such to do a reprint.  I told them no (since it wouldn't be a group buy here) but that of course doesn't preclude them from doing the set with other legends.  I don't know if that progressed, but the point is that perhaps you'll see copies start showing up on ebay or taobao eventually.

Yes it does progress. You can't imagine how pricey this set is in China. I didn't join this GB just because the F1-F12 keys were all blue initially and now I hate myself for not grabbing three or even four sets.
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline piraterice

« Reply #746 on: Tue, 24 September 2013, 06:06:53 »
WONDER IF THERE IS ANY WAY TO GET A SET OF THE RAINDROP 104 KIT ?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #747 on: Tue, 24 September 2013, 06:24:40 »
WONDER IF THERE IS ANY WAY TO GET A SET OF THE RAINDROP 104 KIT ?

Check the classifieds, that's about the only way right now.

Offline Waterdr1nker

Re: RainDrop - Blue &amp; White Key Cap Set (SHIPPED)
« Reply #748 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 01:54:41 »
Here's hoping for a round 2. :)
[Use] Filco Majestouch Tenkeyless Blue . Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless Blue . KBT Race 75% Red
[Sold] Filco Majestouch NINJA Tenkeyless Brown . Leopold FC200R Tenkeyless Blue

Offline nine

« Reply #749 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 12:49:37 »
Those are some really nice legends. What other keysets have the large/skinny font?