geekhack Community > Keyboards

ABKO Hacker K995P V3 software?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Nantes:
I registed on this forum just to post on this topic and make life easier for whoever's looking for this software. The instructions to download it are here: https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapcsales/comments/l2yd1t/keyboard_abko_k965p_v2_55g_capacitance_noncontact/gknzejp/

I am not the author of that Reddit comment, just sharing it!

Brian Perry:
I can ignore the other two problems - they are rather minor for me. But for some reason, I've become very attached to the idea of ​​detachable cables on my keyboards.

Maledicted:

--- Quote from: Brian Perry on Tue, 08 February 2022, 04:58:29 ---I can ignore the other two problems - they are rather minor for me. But for some reason, I've become very attached to the idea of ​​detachable cables on my keyboards.

--- End quote ---

If this board is anything like the only ABKO board I have, the case isn't conducive to mods, but it isn't difficult to add your own USB ports. I like to put female aviator sockets on the boards I really like.

HungerMechanic:

--- Quote from: Maledicted on Fri, 11 February 2022, 09:29:48 ---
--- Quote from: Brian Perry on Tue, 08 February 2022, 04:58:29 ---I can ignore the other two problems - they are rather minor for me. But for some reason, I've become very attached to the idea of ​​detachable cables on my keyboards.

--- End quote ---

If this board is anything like the only ABKO board I have, the case isn't conducive to mods, but it isn't difficult to add your own USB ports. I like to put female aviator sockets on the boards I really like.

--- End quote ---

Would you say that the domes themselves are amenable to modding? Sometimes I think about replacing the stock 45 G Niz domes with something like 35 G BKE Ultra-light domes.

Maledicted:

--- Quote from: HungerMechanic on Tue, 15 February 2022, 13:59:37 ---
--- Quote from: Maledicted on Fri, 11 February 2022, 09:29:48 ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Would you say that the domes themselves are amenable to modding? Sometimes I think about replacing the stock 45 G Niz domes with something like 35 G BKE Ultra-light domes.

--- End quote ---

This board may not be exactly the same, but the Hacker K935P I have has a rubber sheet with integrated domes. I think it was marketed specifically for its waterproofing, so that may not be universal for Abko products.

Outside that, I couldn't say. The only reason I took mine apart was to fix the structural problems it had from the get-go.

I have a Topre board, but I have never taken it apart, so I haven't played around with the Topre aftermarket at all (factory 55g seems just fine to me). I would guess you could try to drop discrete domes upside down into each recess for the slider, and drop the conical springs into the domes before trying to line everything back up with the PCB. I should have gotten more pictures when I had mine apart. Trying to put everything back together and have everything register properly was fiddly even with the rubber sheet.

That coworker I mentioned in the post no longer works with me, and he had the board when he left, so I may never see it again.

Finally, I should clarify that adding any sort of external ports at all to the K935P would be difficult outside of adding them to the bottom of the case where the attached cable already fishes out of. The top and bottom portions of the casing overlap vertically all of the way around, and the top half of the casing is extremely brittle. In addition to this, there's metal molded into the top half of the casing that you may not know is there until it stops your drillbit's progress. K995P V3 may have different construction.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version