geekhack Marketplace > Interest Checks

[IC] Eon WKL Wedge 60%

(1/16) > >>

Que7797:

Group-Buy Page: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=121523.0.

Intro

More
Hi Geekhack, im Que.

(or Que7797 on Discord)

I've been fortunate enough to have owned keyboards from many designers over the years. This has led me to develop very selective personal preferences. No one was offering the specific combination of features that I wanted, so I decided to make my own.

Now I'd like to share a project that is finally nearing completion.

Eon is a WKL Wedge 60%

All pictures in this post contain the 'Q4 2021' prototype.

Main features include:

Top-Mount or O-Ring Mount
6063 Alu Case
Brass Weight
HHKB Side & Front Bevels + Pwner Lip
6-Degree Typing Angle
Hiney H60 pcb + USB-C UDB
Low USB-C port horizontal to desk (Works w/ Lindy)
Very low ~16.5mm-17.5mm Front Height (~21.695mm EKH) feat. Noxary Ledge + Officially Licensed Baion Wave™ /s (with permission from Baion himself!)
M2 Screws for Case, Plate, Weight, and UDB. One driver required to assemble the entire board.

More

Overview

Eon borrows design ques from many other boards, going all the way back to the 356mini.

The main focus with this design was experimentation with internal tolerances, mounting types, as well as the lowest possible typing height.

Exterior aesthetics exhibit classic lines that stay true to the idea of a 'wedge with thin bezels' and include slimming side and front bevels that form its angular silhouette.

Testing

More
Fit testing after qc went great, likely a result of previous prototyping that already went into this design. There are definitely some minor changes required before moving into production, but I was expecting more to have gone wrong. After all, its 'Hope for the best, prepare for the worst' or something like that, isn't it?

So far, so good!

Build #1: PC Plate, Inks w 205g0, Cherry Clip-ins w BDZ, GMK 9009

Test a) O-Ring Mount

Test b) Top Mount

Please note: Typing tests are not an accurate representation of what a keyboard will sound like on your desk.

Apologies for audio only. I don't have adequate video recording equipment yet.
Perhaps ill have to arrange for a proto to be built by someone on stream at some point?

Also, a new revision has been completed based on initial testing and feedback.
Multiple builds are planned for alternate (backwards compatible) plate types, materials, and switches.

Stay tuned!

Project Roadmap

Finalize Prototype Design
RFQ and Order Q4 2021 Proto
Receive and QC the Q4 2021 Proto
Test Q4 2021 Proto and Revise Design
Finalize and RFQ Revised MMXXII Design
Small Discord-Only GB (to gear up for a larger public GH run)
Gather Additional Feedback
Final Revision
Public GB

~~~

For updates on all of my projects join yet another:
-> Discord Server <-

Que7797:
Update Log

More
2022.03.04 Update
A small discord-only Group Buy for a new revision of this board, in order to gear up for a larger public GH run, is happening now!

As an incentive to join sometimes designers offer a 'special edition' color that will never run again, or maybe even a weight made out of a different material. For this round I am offering something along those lines, but a little more unique.

Join my Discord Server for more details.

~~~

After a brief manu delay due to Covid, the Discord-only GB has resumed, and the entry window is winding down into the final few days!

More info available on Discord.

Thank you for your consideration!

~~~

Discord GB entry window closed.

Cheers!

~~~

A lot has happened since the last update:

- A Discord GB for the Aeon variant of this design has been completed!

- A small plate GB providing compatibility for Aeon between different versions of the hiney h60 pcb is nearing completion.

- I fell in love with making keycaps!

All the experience and feedback ive gained since completing the Aeon GB has gone into the final revision and I can't wait to bring Eon to you guys in 2023!

~~~

Hello again all, its finally time!

The public Eon group-buy will take place in early October, with the entry window open from the 1st to 15th of October 2023!

Do you remember when group-buys had pricing tiers based on moq?

Still working with manufacturers and parts vendors to get pricing as low as possible, but expect an Eon GB spot to start at $499 and possibly go as low as $350 with enough interest.

~~~

Good news everyone,

By working with my manu and suppliers to adjust the pricing structure for order quantities, you can now expect Eon to be significantly cheaper!

The pricing structure starts with a minimum order quantity of 25 units at $399. The more people join, the cheaper the board becomes!

25-49 units = $399

50-99 units = $369

100-199 units = $349

200 units = $299

The GB will be FCFS format with a hard cap of 200 boards, as this is the physical limit of both my ability and studio space at this time.

~~~

Eon Group-Buy Entry Window: 1st-15th of October, 2023

Confirmed Case Colors: Silver, Red, Black

Confirmed Plate Types: Alu, PC, CF

Do you remember when group-buys had pricing tiers based on moq?

The pricing structure starts at $399 with a minimum order quantity of 25 units, and the more people join, the cheaper the board becomes!

25-49 units = $399

50-99 units = $369

100-199 units = $349

200 units = $299

The GB will be FCFS format with a hard cap of 200 boards, as this is the physical limit of both my ability and studio space at this time.
Estimated GB fulfillment depends on quantity and is projected to take 4 months for 25 boards, and up to 10 months if we do all 200 units.
GB participants can also expect bi-weekly updates to be provided both here on Geekhack, and on Discord.

Thanks for your interest! See you in 10 days! Please let me know if you have any questions in the meantime!

Cheers!

mmayhem17:
Q?

dgneo:
Just beautiful Que

Belled:
It’s so good, not too flashy, just the right amount of minimalism

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version