geekhack Community > New Members

Hello!

(1/2) > >>

coolcat:
Hey.

I have been reading topics hear and I have been interested in getting a AEK or AEK II. Or maybe a newer keyboard with MX blues. I've read that the CM quickfire rapids are good. I was gonna get a Das but you guys say that the newer ones are not very good. Im tired of using my slippery aluminum apple keyboard. Any suggestions?

Binge:
Oh you came to the right place for opinions about keyboards!  If you don't like slippery keys get something with PBT caps!

rowdy:
Welcome to Geekhack!

You are spoilt for choice, really.  Presumably you have a Mac - most mech keyboards work fine on a Mac, even if the key cap legends are not exactly the same.

I have a Ducky Shine (version 1) which I use on my Mac - works fine.  I used a CoolerMaster QuickFire Rapid for a little while - worked fine.

Do you want backlighting?  Numeric keypad?  Particular layout (ANSI, ISO, Mac)?

coolcat:
Actually my graphics card on my 1,1 mac pro went bad. So i use my PC until I get a new radeon 5770. I don't really care for blacklighting but I want ANSI. Something without a keypad would be fine as I have little room at my desk.

Sifo:
Hey man welcome to Geekhack! CM Storm Quick Fire Rapids are great. New Das are hit and miss due to them changing manufacturers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version